• ARGHH

Votes: 24 80.0%

• Total voters
For the person who dosen't have a clue what this is about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flappy_Bird

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dotgears.flappybird&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flappy-bird/id642099621?mt=8

Thread title says it all.

So with Flappy Bird topping the Play and Apple charts late last year, and still doing so right now ( correct me if I'm wrong), what's your opinion on this? Die hard fan or can't stand the friggin' bird?

IGN, The Guardian, Modojo, Yahoo. Everyone seems to be covering Flappy Bird lately, and run a quick Google Search and you'll see very recent articles. Seems that's it's taking the world by storm, and I don't know why. I mean, it's fun to play and all, but read the reviews both on Google and Apple, it's not that serious...? Also, I like the game, but the use of the Mario pipes kinda pisses me off. ^^;

Share your opinion, guys! Peace.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
There's no logical reason that Flappy Bird shouldn't be able to run on an iPod Touch, but they appear to be incompatible. What gives, devs? :(

Hmm... It is supposed to run on IPod Touches, but the app only can run on firmware version IOS 6.0 and up. :) Unless there's an app crash or it can't open, then you may wanna contact the devs.

Isn't this just basically that one helicopter game that's been around since I was a pre-teen reskinned with what looks like a Cheep Cheep and Mario pipes?

Yup. Top Charts now. What gives? This guy must be making a ton from all those ads. xD
Look at the top scores by the way. Over 2 million? =_=

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I play it on my iPod Touch and it runs fine. If you're running outdated software that's the problem probably (got w/e the latest gen ipod touch is).

Just did a test, runs fine on IPod touch 4th Gen on IOS 6.1. Such a simple and not very graphically or CPU intense game should have support for lower ios versions? Or so this probably some developer stuff?

Just did a test, runs fine on IPod touch 4th Gen on IOS 6.1. Such a simple and not very graphically or CPU intense game should have support for lower ios versions? Or so this probably some developer stuff?
IIRC, it's up to the dev to support older iOS versions if they want to bother. At least that's what I think I remembered reading a while ago.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
My iPod Touch is one of those older ones, so that's why (version 4.2.1). No matter, as there are literally thousands of better time-wasters than Flappy Birds out there!

My iPod Touch is one of those older ones, so that's why (version 4.2.1). No matter, as there are literally thousands of better time-wasters than Flappy Birds out there!
With microtransactions so far up your ass you can't even properly play the game anyways.

With microtransactions so far up your ass you can't even properly play the game anyways.
Flappy Bird dosen't have micro transactions, as far as I know (or are you referring other games?), but it's probably coming. Because the devs aren't not going to capitalize on this.

The end is near.

I downloaded this game and played it for like an hour, my high score is 13 points

I am the best at Flappy Bird

So maybe it's just me, but a guy that makes a game that makes him oodles of money, then takes it down because he "cannot take this anymore", he's just fucking weird lol.

If he did use bots, me might've felt that people would've found out and it's probably a moral issue or something.
But this game makes him 50K a day. He's probably bathing in cash anyway. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)