The Forgotten OU Tournament - Round 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
latios315 finally responded to me, and we're arranging a time to get this done. It should be done by saturday at the latest.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lost 2-0 to gouki in a pretty good game, thought i had it there for a second.

damn [pokemon x]

Ok, a little recap is needed here:
~Michilele~ vs Tyranidos (substitute)
Pirika vs Takua
Erebyssial vs Sapientia
RB Golbat vs Flashstorm1
Latios315 vs Snorlax
TAY vs AshPe (substitute)
Twash vs -Mind-
Cracker vs PrayingMantis
Bobtheball4 vs Matty
Huntofthelion vs Frosty
Bad Ass vs Terraquaza (substitute, again)
Rewindman vs OGBaLLiN
12 matches incomplete, and we've reached the initial deadline. This isn't good people.

RB Golbat and Flashstorm1 have noted their problems, and will be granted an extention up to August 19th.

In Snorlax and Latios315' match, I heard that Latios315 returned, so I will grant them up to August 16th to do this.

I didn't hear from ~Michilele~ at all through the entire round, so he/she will be likely replaced with a substitute later on today.

Takua never posted in this thread and is absent from August 9th, so I'm considering taking him out too.

Erebyssial & Sapientia, Bobtheball4 & Matty and Huntofthelion & Frosty have all showned activity, but you better hurry it up, since I'm not going to extend deadlines forever.

Twash has shown activity while -mind- was gone since August 2nd (and still is), so he has a good chance to be subbed out today. I know that he's probably on vacation, but if I don't place subs now I won't place subs at all, so it has to be done.

Cracker was active the whole while while PrayingMantis wasn't at all, so he's likely to be subbed out as well.

Terraquaza did not show activity since placed in the tournament, nor did he reply to my PM's. He will probably be subbed out. I pity Bad Ass, having to go through 2 substitutes without any of them actually battling.

Rewindman is active in Smogon, but did not show activity at all. I PM'd him, and if he doesn't respond today he will be subbed out.

Both TAY and AshPe did not show activity at all, so they are both in danger of being subbed out. They are active in Smogon though, so I PM'd both.

This is about it for a recap. All of those that are in danger of inactivity and are seeing this, please respond before the day is over. I will place final substitutes today or tommorow, and the final deadline will likely be August 19th, just to be fair with the new subbed-in players. There will not be any more extensions, so get your matches done!

@EDIT: Rewindman, TAY and AshPe have replied and will likely stay in the tournament.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh me and bob have had a hard time meeting. I think bob has been much more active though so you should give him the win. Cheers m8

Ugh me and bob have had a hard time meeting. I think bob has been much more active though so you should give him the win. Cheers m8
I'm not giving wins now. I'm only subbing out inactive players, and this is probably the last time I will. After tommorow, there will be one final deadline (the one I talked about in my last post), and only then will I "give wins". You can try to finish your battle until then. I'm just making final matchups now, really.

confirming

He scored a CH early in the game that wiped out my counter to half of his team, allowing him to sweep me.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
honestly, i have been active the whole time and my THREE opponents haven't. i really dont want ANOTHER opponent...

Pirika vs Takua
Erebyssial vs Sapientia
RB Golbat vs Flashstorm1
Latios315 vs Snorlax
Twash vs -Mind-
Cracker vs PrayingMantis
Bobtheball4 vs Matty
Huntofthelion vs Frosty
Rewindman vs OGBaLLiN
Ok, this was the list of unmade battles yesterday. Let's see what happened...

Pirika vs Takua
Erebyssial vs Sapientia
RB Golbat vs Flashstorm1
Latios315 vs Snorlax
Twash vs -Mind-
Cracker vs PrayingMantis
Bobtheball4 vs Matty
Huntofthelion vs Frosty
Rewindman vs OGBaLLiN

As you can see, Latios315 and Snorlax did their battle, while I found TAY, AshPe and Rewidman to be still active and in this. This leaves the players in italics that remained inactive. They will be subbed out.

~Michilele~:
Last Activity: Aug 4th, 2009 2:16:10 AM
Takua:
Last Activity: Aug 9th, 2009 1:20:49 PM
-Mind-:
Last Activity: Aug 2nd, 2009 4:38:56 PM
PrayingMantis:
Last Activity: Aug 6th, 2009 10:24:40 PM
Terraquaza:
Last Activity: Aug 10th, 2009 11:21:29 PM
So, without further adiu, here are the final matchups:

Tito vs Tyranidos
Pirika vs LoveDestiny
Erebyssial vs Sapientia
RB Golbat vs Flashstorm1
Latios315 vs Snorlax
Twash vs Darkness Wolf
Cracker vs Magnechu
Bobtheball4 vs Matty
Huntofthelion vs Frosty
Bad Ass vs Rkatzam
Rewindman vs OGBaLLiN

*as a side note, I needed to use all of the substitutes from the list, which makes me pretty happy ^_^

There will be no more substitutes, nor will there be "subbing out". These matches are final. If some are still not done even at August 19th, I will decide for myself who the victor is...
If two players are trying their hardest to complete their match even past the deadline, move their match as a part of the next round and let them play their battle. Then the winner of their match will play who they were originally supposed to be put up against.
If one player is being very active (Check out Shoddy Battle and #smogon) while another is not, disqualify the inactive player.
If both players are inactive, flip a coin. Advance the winner of the coin flip and move on.
If a situation cannot be handled, ask a tournament administrator (i.e. Sonuis) and the one you've contacted will make a final decision.
So the "deadline" is August 19th, but it's not an actual deadline. You should get your matches done before that date, as if you won't, your battle will likely be decided by me and not you. You don't want that.

So, what more do I need to say? Get your matches done everyone, and good luck!

I will make a team as soon as possible, wasn't really expecting to be here seeing that I was last on the sub list.

I know you said you won't be subbing anyone else in, but I'll sub if you want Blue_Tornado! I definitely won't be inactive :toast:

I know you said you won't be subbing anyone else in, but I'll sub if you want Blue_Tornado! I definitely won't be inactive :toast:
There will be no substitutes now, I already said that. You were doomed the instance the sign-up thread was closed.

Don't you remember what I said in the sign-up thread? You were a bit too late. ;p

Also, updating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)