Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would like to do a pokemon white gautnlet. It will have to wait a little bit until my HG Scramble is done, but it might take a while to get enough challenges. I can't trade at all. The challenges should be easy/medium,nothing too hard, but i don't want it to be a cake walk. I will take 4 all game challenges until i beat the E4. I will take 2 one time challenges every gym. So, give me challenges to use! I need 6 right now, but will need more after every gym. I will try to tell my story, but it will probably be bad and the nicknames will suck (not good at nicknaming AT ALL). Also, i'm gonna allow the person who i think has the most creative challenge for me pick which starter i use/its nickname. So, when you give me a challenge, say either Tepig, Snivy, or Oshawott and a nickname for it.Thanks, and hopefully it will be fun!

Edit: Oh, and if you reserve a challenge, you have only an hour until it doesn't count anymore, and someone else can take your spot.

Current challenges:
All Game:
1.My Pokemon can't use STAB unless they have less than half HP left.
2.Trainers whose names start with vowels=battle with only full HP pokemon. If failed, throw out two items.

One Time:
1.Must defeat Striaton Gym Leader with NVE or if impossible, neutral moves.
ONE TIME

The Pokemon you use to battle Lenora may not be in their Final Form (i.e. They must be able to get the Defence boost from Eviolite). Moreover, you may not use Items against Lenora.

Have fun.

Yarnus of Bethany, you may not use Fire- or Ground-type moves in any man-made structure (Yes, this includes S.S. Anne, Pokemon Tower, and Indigo Plateau).

Yarnus of Bethany, you are challenged to only use items that existed in generation I, including TMs unless they conflict with another challenge.

BTW people my update is coming eventually, I just have to grind a bit and that's dampened my enthusiasm temporarily. I'll get to it eventually though I promise :P.

EDIT: Espeon65, you are challenged to treat TMs like they work in previous generations, being 1 use only items. Once you use a TM it is "gone" until the end of your gauntlet.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm doing a Scramble-Gauntlet for FireRed. May I have 4 medium restrictions? (nothing may stop team construction)
ONGOING

Once you get your First Badge, your Pokemon want to set an in-game speed record so once you get it (The First Badge), you may not cause a Wild Pokemon to faint. If you let one faint, you must throw out 15 items in your bag.

Have fun.

Sounds like a lot fun, so I might as well join the party.

I'm going to use Pokemon White and I cannot trade at all. I would to have some hard challenges. I will start off with 5 and maybe ask for additional when I fell like it (around the 6th badge. I decide, when I see how good I will be dealing with the initial challenges).
I'm curios to see what kind of hideous challenges you will have for me.

Comments are in bold
Espeon65 said:
HoiPolloi: In order for your pokemon to evolve, they must solo a gym leader or other big battle (Rival, N/Ghetsis, E4 member, etc.). One solo=one evolution. For example, say you have a Snivy. Snivy soloes Cheren right after Striaton Gym. He may now evolve, but not to Serperior until he soloes another. No, the first two battles don't count, neither does any Bianca battle, and neither does N's first battle. Though but manageable
Naix said:
Hoipolli, you may never use any moves with more than 80 BP. This includes type match-ups, STAB, and any ability boosts. F*CK
Yarnus of Bethany said:
HoiPolloi, none of your pokemon may share 2 resistances.

eg: can't have Geodude and Marshtomp because they share resistances to electric and Fire. Mono Normal team, here I come.
Jimera0 said:
HoiPolloi, you are challenged to never use X-items (or other battle items like Guard spec or Dire Hit) in battle. This normally wouldn't be a hard challenge but since you have to solo in order to evolve, it'll actually be fairly challenging. Putting challenge 2 into the mix this might become a problem
Level 51 said:
After Lenora, you may only have two or less Pokemon on your team at the same time. Let's say I may only have 2 Pokemon for battling in my party. I need a VM slave.

HoiPolloi: In order for your pokemon to evolve, they must solo a gym leader or other big battle (Rival, N/Ghetsis, E4 member, etc.). One solo=one evolution. For example, say you have a Snivy. Snivy soloes Cheren right after Striaton Gym. He may now evolve, but not to Serperior until he soloes another. No, the first two battles don't count, neither does any Bianca battle, and neither does N's first battle.

Hoipolli, you may never use any moves with more than 80 BP. This includes type match-ups, STAB, and any ability boosts.

HoiPolloi, you are challenged to never use X-items (or other battle items like Guard spec or Dire Hit) in battle. This normally wouldn't be a hard challenge but since you have to solo in order to evolve, it'll actually be fairly challenging.

Also I just finally got up another update for my SS gauntlet. It features me beating Clair! Eventually...

Anyway, that's my 8th gym badge so that means I need more challenges! Before giving me any you MUST read the challenges I already have, which are listed on the same page as my update is (link in my signature).

I have also already recieved and accepted this challenge from Sage chow (added stipulations/modifications by me in bold)
Sage Chow said:
Dear Jimera0,

It seems to me that with a prepped team this Gauntlet is going along way to comfertable. Kanto is way more fun with new untrained pokemon, so you'll have to ditch some of your old team members. You see, professor Oak has been very displeased with your pokedex progress so far. You haven’t shown him a goddamned thing and now he’s starting to wonder why he hired you to tour Johto in the first place. The old scrooge decides to take one pokemon back to his lab for further study. Throw a dice and place that pokemon in a box before entering the boat. Bilious is immune to being boxed due to the fact that if I box him I lose 3/4 of my HMs. Everyone else is fair game.

Yeah, time to get some new pokemon and what better place to do so than the safari zone! Actually, lets make this entire sub-challenge about the Safari. You know, just catching one pokemon isn't going to cut it. After each Kanto gym, you'll travel back to the Safari zone to catch yourself a new pokemon. This pokemon will be your team-member until the next gym and you'll be expected to grind it a little. It must solo a gym trainer as a token of your supreme pokemon trainer skill and participate in the actual gymfight whenever possible. I'm also throwing the "no pokemon can share a weakness" thing overboard on this one. No. The pokemon's typing is regarded "SAFARI" and that is weak to nothing! *sighs* Just, think of one team-slot as your special “safari-mon slot”. So basically it ignores the use and collection rules laid out earlier in my challenge, meaning I'm unrestricted as to which Safari Pokemon I catch and use in that slot.

But I guess you requested a hard challenge. So to top things off you’ll have to solo Blue with a team of six safari-mon to complete this gauntlet. As long as you try to use your wits and catch the very best pokemon there should be little need for serious grinding! In fact I'd be very dissappointed if your pokemon were above level 50 for this one.

And so, finally, you’re doing what every trainer is supposed to be doing: Catching them all. Playing pokemon like a boss. And I’ll tell you what, If you manage to catch every goddamned safari-zone pokemon and show them to the prof, you can have your boxed pokemon back from the storage! Impossible due to prior challenges but I wouldn't do it anyway.

I wish you loads of Gauntlet/Safari fun!

Love and Peace,

Sage Chow.
I am looking for 5 more challenges. I want only ONE to be game long. The other 4 must be one time challenges. This section goes up until I get 4 Kanto Gym Badges and includes Lugia and the Elite 4. While if I remember correctly you do have a bit of flexibility in regards to what order you challenge the gym leaders of Kanto in, just keep it in mind if you decide to give me any challenges relating to that. Oh, and also... No goddamn challenges pertaining to my battle with Lance. I already have to take him on with partially evolved or somewhat sucky Pokemon, I don't need more than that thank you very much.

Challenges so far:
Espeon65 said:
Jimera0: You must defeat Bruno using no SE moves or pokemon that resist fighting type moves, as proof that pure might can overcome anything.
King Serperior said:
Hmm...lets see......Ok, all Will's pokemon know Psychic. Your pokemon must survive at least one psychic before being able to deal direct damage to that mon. Note that if your Hypno takes a Psychic from Jynx and KO's her, he must take another before he can attack the next mon. Switching out removes this, so that mon must take another Psychic to directly attack.
Naix said:
Jimera0, because Koga's room is forest-like, you may only use Pokemon who can be found in forests when fighting him. For example, in your current team, you won't be able to use Quilava/Typhlosion, Quagsire, or Umbreon.
Ziposaki said:
@Jimera: I'll give you a one-time challenge. I'll give you one regarding Lugia, because you've already got some for the Elite 4 and it's kind of vague which order you're fighting them in, so...

For a guardian of the seas, Lugia's weird. Psychic/Flying, really? I can understand Psychic for whirlpools, but Flying? Hello, that's what Levitate's for. Do you really need Pressure anyways? I mean, is the Flying just to spite Ho-oh or something? That's cruel. It's not like Ho-oh's a Water/Flying to spite you. Anyways, Aeroblast won't mind being Water. Just change the name.

So, to help this lesson stick, you need to defeat Lugia using only Water type moves, just to show how superior of a type it is so Lugia can gain some sense the hard way. And by Water-type moves, I mean status moves too.

Jimera0: You must defeat Bruno using no SE moves or pokemon that resist fighting type moves, as proof that pure might can overcome anything.

Also, i need one more challenge for my gauntlet of white. Here's the link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4356989&postcount=333

EDIT: HoiPolloi, can you just give me my last challenge? You are the only one who has been on the thread in a couple days who hasn't given me a challenge. I really want to start my gauntlet.

Also, i need one more challenge for my gauntlet of white. Here's the link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4356989&postcount=333
Accepted, that'll make what's usually an easy battle a much harder one. I'm going to assume that by "resist fighting type moves" you mean "resist or are immune to" because otherwise John the Haunter would make this challenge trivial. Also, I just have to say that this challenge makes Onix more threatening than it's ever been late game. I'll have 3 options for fighting it, one which is weak to rock, one of which can only hit it with Strength and one other that can only attack fairly weakly and physically with Bite. This'll be interesting, that's for certain.

Still need 4 more challenges, 1 full game 3 one time. I'll update my last post with this challenge now.

King Serperior, it seems that everyone has forgotten your gauntlet :( i hope your still doing it. i was just going back to the beginning, (i dunno why) and i saw that you still need 2 more challenges. Here's one:

You must have at least two pokemon on your team that have more than one possible evolution. (ex: eevee, poliwhirl, kirlia, etc.) For a pokemon with two choices, flip a coin. Heads is the one you want, tails is the one you don't (honors system). For Eevee, just take the nature. +SpA=Espeon, +Atk=Flareon, +Def=Vaporeon, +SpD=Vaporeon, +Spe=Jolteon. If it has a neutral nature, flip a coin. Head=leafeon, tails=glaceon. i hope this reminds people of your gauntlet so you can get it going.

Espeon65, when ever you use an item in a battle, you have to use another one of this item on the following turn. You don't have to use it on the same pokemon, just the same item. Pokeballs are excluded.
Have fun.

Thanks HoiPolloi, now i can almost start. Nobody put a starter to use with their challenge, so I'm gonna PM the winner. The winner, I've decided, is Ziposaki, because she made such a vivid backstory for her challenge.

Nah, it's cool. I don't mind. If you happen to catch a Drilbur though, and I'm not forcing you to, I want naming rights.

Okay...I kinda already caught a Drilbur, and named it, but I can rename it as soon as I get to Castelia City. I had already planned to use a Drilbur, and I was at school all day, so i haven't been on until now.

Still waiting on my 4 challenges (1 full game 3 one time) so I can continue my SS gauntlet.

Details here. Read said details or risk rejection.

Hey, Jim, here's one for you:

When you battle Will, none of your pokemon are allowed to hold items. They are afraid his psychics will steal them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)