The Generator Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna try this out for sure but I'll add an extra rule for me that when a Pokémon faints you release it and have to generate a new one to replace it

Alright I'll do a Pokemon Sapphire speedrun of this.
Generated Pokemon: Swampert/ Gradevoir/Pelipper/ Shedinja (I guess I'll release Ninjask immediately after I get him)/ Linoone/ Manectric

#285 - Shroomish
#316 - Gulpin
#303 - Mawile
#323 - Camerupt
#40 - Wigglytuff
#257 - Blaziken

Argh, still the best one I got.

Edit : How many people are doing gen 3 ?

Update:
Diamond the Marshtomp
lv 33
-Water Gun
-Growl
-Take down
-Mud shot

Pearl the Gardevoir
lv 33
-Confusion
-Calm mind
-Double team
-Psychic

SoulSilver the Shedinja
lv 30
-Spite
-Fury Swipes
-Fury Cutter
-Double Team

Heartgold the Manectric
lv 32
-Spark
-Thunder wave
-Quick attack
-Howl

Platinam the Linoone
lv 21
-Tail whip
-Headbutt
-Sand-attack
-Rock smash

So... I started a journey, won the rival battle, met Wally, caught a ralts, won against some team aqua grunts, got my first gym badge, again won against some team aqua grunts, and caught Nincada.

I went to Dewford City, won my second badge, delivered the letter to Steven, won against even more team aqua grunts, caught electrike, fought and won against my rival, fought and won against wally, and I won my third gym badge. Next update will be after I receive the balance badge.

Edit: Fought and defeat my rival, obtained information on team aqua's plans, met Maxie, fought Archie for the first time, got my fourth gym badge, caught Zigzagoon, and won the balance badge from my father.

I'm gonna do one of these on HeartGold with Miltank, Exeggutor, Dodrio, Dewgong, Typhlosion, and Venomoth. I had to keep refreshing for new teams because I kept getting like 3 or 4 pokemon of the same type and no Flyer/Surfer etc haha.

I'm tempted to join in on this so I generated a team for HeartGold:

Aipom
Oddish
Misdreavus
Delibird
Ledian
Piloswine

....damn.

I will be doing Pokemon Crystal with:
Beedrill(OK)
Mantine(Wynaut)
Crobat(Flyer)
Blissey(Darn)
Sudowoodo(OK)
Magmar(Not bad)
Quagsire(Other Surfer option)

Last edited:
Update: Just defeated Falkner
Team:
beedrill.png

TOXIN (Beedrill) (F)
Level: 12
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
- Harden
- Fury Attack
zubat.png

AGATHA (Zubat) (F)
Level: 12
- Leech Life
- Supersonic
- Bite

Update: Just defeated Bugsy
Team:

TOXIN (Beedrill) (F)
Level: 16
- Poison Sting
- Fury Cutter(used Bugsy's TM)
- Focus Energy
- Fury Attack

AGATHA (Zubat) (F)
Level: 15
- Leech Life
- Supersonic
- Bite

I think I'm going to do a Soul Silver run with Rapidash, Chikorita, Sandslash, Arbok, Lapras, and Eevee. Once I win or lose my current Nuzlocke, that is.

I'm here to show you guys a new challenge that I have created- the

Generator Challenge

The premise of this challenge is simple- just take six, randomly generated Pokemon and use them in a playthrough of a game of your choice. The easiest way to do this is through a random Pokemon generator, such as the one at http://wyncorporation.com/pokemon/. Chose the region, generate until you get a good team and viola! You're ready to start. If you want to start a Generator Challenge or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to post below.

Rules:
1. You can generate teams as many times as you like until you get one that you like.
2. You must nickname all your Pokemon
3. If there is a Pokemon you really don't want to use, then you can use the option to generate one Pokemon in its place. Keep in mind that once you catch a Pokemon in-game, you cannot change it.
4. You may use HM slaves if required
5. Generally there will be no trading- this is just to make it a bit more of a challenge
6. No Legendaries- you can use them if you really want to though, but I do not want to hear about you sweeping the Elite 4 with the Rayquaza you got lucky with.
7. (Optional) If you want extra difficulty, you can allow NFEs to be generated and then only be evolved to that stage. For example, If I get an Ivysaur I must get a Bulbasaur, but not evolve it past the Ivysaur stage. This is an optional rule only there for those who want extra difficulty.

i would like to announce a firered generato challenge with arcanine, veasaur, jolteon, pidgeot, kabutops, butterfree

Looks like I know my team for Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire: Swampert, Swalot, Torkoal, Hariyama, Lunatone, and Cacturne.
To be honest, I kinda like this team.

Well I got this team lol. Three of these are incredibly rare and the other ones are the same evolution line.

lmao

(then again I just got Deoxys/Swampert/Torkoal/Cacturne/Milotic/Pinsir)

Okay now I have a workable setup (srsly RNG stop giving me Seedot and Surskit):

Bellossom
Flygon
Breloom
Altaria
Aggron
Claydol

LGI Emerald! Also ugh Bellossom, after the disaster that happened last time I played while using Oddish...

Well I finished my Generator challenge.

Final Team:

Level: 44
Nature: Naughty
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder
-Moonlight
-Petal Dance
Comments: It started well, as an Oddish evolving rather quickly into Gloom. It differentiated itself from Breloom with STAB Acid. Then, it started falling behind. Last time I played I used a Vileplume, which was actually semi-decent because just when Absorb and Acid felt like they weren't enough anymore, BOOM LEAF STONE. But Sun Stone is in fucking MOSSDEEP CITY. Which means you're stuck with Gloom until then. And then you get Bellossom, which loses STAB on Acid, so it ends up getting even weaker than before. Petal Dance came at the last moment, right in front of the Victory Road exit, but it still wasn't enough.
Usage Tips: Don't.
Overall: 2/10 -- early evolution helps it not get 1/10

Level: 46
Nature: Hardy
-Dig
-Crunch
-Dragonbreath
-Rock Smash
Comments: It was annoying as fuck to evolve into Vibrava because it couldn't run away from wildmons, and it doesn't get any usable STAB by level up (you get Sand Tomb...lol), so I had to teach it Dig. Oh, and most of its level-up movepool is Special. Flygon is nowhere near useful and the only thing that saves it from being shit is that it's semi-strong as Flygon--still no excuse to use it.
Usage Tips: Is Shed Shell in the game? If not, just grind a shitton with EXP. Share. Not being able to run from lv. 25 Poochyena is annoying.
Overall: 4/10 -- certainly not the worst thing you could get, but nowhere near the best.

Level: 48
Nature: Serious
-Mach Punch
-Strength
-Sky Uppercut
-Brick Break
Comments: This thing soloed the early-game because it had to. But it was pretty good at doing that too. Shroomish packs quite the punch early-game, and grinding was no issue. Leech Seed let it stall out mons it couldn't overwhelm by force, like Brawly's Makuhita. Evolution made it my only mon that could kill Magmenite (lol Aron's Mud-Slap), and gave it even more power. Then just when Mach Punch/Headbutt started falling behind, BOOM SKY UPPERCUT. Oh, and Normal/Fighting is perfect neutral coverage outside of Ghost-types. Not to mention this guy soloed Wallace (what are these 6 X-Attacks you speak of?)
Usage Tips: Don't give up on it early-game just because its only STAB is Absorb. Once you hit level 16 you basically start rolling through the game.
Overall: 8/10 -- redeemed my run, along with another mon mentioned later

Level: 47
Nature: Impish
-Dragon Dance
-Fly
-Dragon Claw
-Take Down
Comments: Annoying as fuck at first due to being stuck with Peck and Astonish for attacking moves until either Level 31 or the penultimate May/Brendan fight, both of which are unacceptably late (and close to Fortree Gym). Unfortunately, it did a bunch of nothing in every gym mostly because all of them had type advantages. Except for killing Winona's Tropius. Which even Gloom could have done at that point. But when it evolved it became really good, it just lacked a bit of offensive presence. In the E4, it soloed Drake minus Shelgon with Dragon Dance while Drake's own Kingdra couldn't do any damage back. Even a +4 Body Slam from Kingdra couldn't 2HKO this guy at +1. The rest of the E4 didn't exactly go well for it but that's mostly due to its typing.
Usage Tips: EXP. Share is your best friend until evolution. At that point just avoid most major battles.
Overall: 5/10 -- not bad, but certainly a bit painful to raise

Nature: Relaxed
-Strength
-Take Down
-Rock Tomb
-Iron Tail
Comments: Oh, where do I begin here? Useless against Dewford Gym, but afterwards you get to see its true power. At level 10, it already hard walls 70% of the early-game. Even crit Wing Attacks are doing 1 damage. He's also surprisingly fast for something with Base 30 Speed--it can outspeed most early-game enemies at -1 Speed. Also, as a Lairon, this guy managed to naturally outspeed a lv. 28 Mightyena, only 6 levels lower. Metal Claw is leveled up quickly, and then you get Strength, then you level up Iron Tail. He's not really useful against the first three gyms he's available for, but he soloed Norman--not even Slaking could touch him--as a level 28 Aron. Then, Lairon killed 3/5 of Winona's team, even managing to take out Altaria despite Earthquake (although Trapinch's Sand-Attack really helped here). Not to mention it was my best mon against trainer-owned Skarmory, 5HKOing them as a Lairon, 4HKOing as an Aggron. While it may not seem like much it's actually the best anyone on my team could do, and if Iron Tail got a Defense drop, Skarmory went down faster. It also saved my ass against the E4, ripping through Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia's Glalie, and Drake's Shelgon. Oh, and hitting yourself for 5 times more damage than the opponent hits you for is cool.
Usage Tips: Does it have Water Gun? If yes, switch. If no, chip at it with Tackle and watch your opponent 36HKO you.
Overall: 8/10 -- not being able to run from some wildmons is annoying, but less so than Trapinch. Otherwise, it's god-tier for early-game and late-game, and excellent in between.

Nature: Adamant
-Earthquake
-Psybeam
-Cosmic Power
-Shadow Ball
Comments: This thing was annoying, but not as much as Trapinch. All I can say is that when it finally evolved, it stopped being shit and started to be an unstoppable juggernaught. Unfortunately, its movepool isn't great, but Shadow Ball and Earthquake give it what it needs. It essentially soloed Tate and Liza. Cosmic Power looks weird, but it's the only reason Glacia's Walrein didn't sweep me--this was the only mon it didn't OHKO, and with one Cosmic Power, it couldn't even OHKO with a high damage roll either. So basically I just sat there and PP stalled. I tried this against Drake too but I kept getting critted or my Special Defense kept getting lowered with Crunch so I switched to the Altaria approach. This guy was also instrumental in helping to PP stall Wailord's Blizzard so I could set up on it with Breloom.
Usage Tips: If you have enough patience, use it and it will work great. If not, use it anyways. It might not kill the in-game trainers as fast as you would want it to, but it can certainly save your ass when you need it most.
Overall: 5/10 -- Baltoy sucks shit

Also Marshtomp is a very good HM slave in Gen III. Surf/Dive/Waterfall/Rock Smash. I also used Nincada for Cut+Flash.

After going again to replace Lickitung and getting a Pidgey, I started the challenge. I just beat Gary at SS Anne. The team looks like this:

Tokage the Charmeleon
Level 34
Flamethrower
Metal Claw
Megapunch
Dig

Farukon the Pidgeotto
Level 33
Wing Attack
Secret Power
Thief
Quick Attack

Shoku the Weepinbell
Level 33
Vine Whip
Acid
Poison Powder
Wrap

Well I finished my Generator challenge.

Final Team:

Level: 44
Nature: Naughty
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder
-Moonlight
-Petal Dance
Comments: It started well, as an Oddish evolving rather quickly into Gloom. It differentiated itself from Breloom with STAB Acid. Then, it started falling behind. Last time I played I used a Vileplume, which was actually semi-decent because just when Absorb and Acid felt like they weren't enough anymore, BOOM LEAF STONE. But Sun Stone is in fucking MOSSDEEP CITY. Which means you're stuck with Gloom until then. And then you get Bellossom, which loses STAB on Acid, so it ends up getting even weaker than before. Petal Dance came at the last moment, right in front of the Victory Road exit, but it still wasn't enough.
Usage Tips: Don't.
Overall: 2/10 -- early evolution helps it not get 1/10

Level: 46
Nature: Hardy
-Dig
-Crunch
-Dragonbreath
-Rock Smash
Comments: It was annoying as fuck to evolve into Vibrava because it couldn't run away from wildmons, and it doesn't get any usable STAB by level up (you get Sand Tomb...lol), so I had to teach it Dig. Oh, and most of its level-up movepool is Special. Flygon is nowhere near useful and the only thing that saves it from being shit is that it's semi-strong as Flygon--still no excuse to use it.
Usage Tips: Is Shed Shell in the game? If not, just grind a shitton with EXP. Share. Not being able to run from lv. 25 Poochyena is annoying.
Overall: 4/10 -- certainly not the worst thing you could get, but nowhere near the best.

Level: 48
Nature: Serious
-Mach Punch
-Strength
-Sky Uppercut
-Brick Break
Comments: This thing soloed the early-game because it had to. But it was pretty good at doing that too. Shroomish packs quite the punch early-game, and grinding was no issue. Leech Seed let it stall out mons it couldn't overwhelm by force, like Brawly's Makuhita. Evolution made it my only mon that could kill Magmenite (lol Aron's Mud-Slap), and gave it even more power. Then just when Mach Punch/Headbutt started falling behind, BOOM SKY UPPERCUT. Oh, and Normal/Fighting is perfect neutral coverage outside of Ghost-types. Not to mention this guy soloed Wallace (what are these 6 X-Attacks you speak of?)
Usage Tips: Don't give up on it early-game just because its only STAB is Absorb. Once you hit level 16 you basically start rolling through the game.
Overall: 8/10 -- redeemed my run, along with another mon mentioned later

Nature: Impish
-Dragon Dance
-Fly
-Dragon Claw
-Take Down
Comments: Annoying as fuck at first due to being stuck with Peck and Astonish for attacking moves until either Level 31 or the penultimate May/Brendan fight, both of which are unacceptably late (and close to Fortree Gym). Unfortunately, it did a bunch of nothing in every gym mostly because all of them had type advantages. Except for killing Winona's Tropius. Which even Gloom could have done at that point. But when it evolved it became really good, it just lacked a bit of offensive presence. In the E4, it soloed Drake minus Shelgon with Dragon Dance while Drake's own Kingdra couldn't do any damage back. Even a +4 Body Slam from Kingdra couldn't 2HKO this guy at +1. The rest of the E4 didn't exactly go well for it but that's mostly due to its typing.
Usage Tips: EXP. Share is your best friend until evolution. At that point just avoid most major battles.
Overall: 5/10 -- not bad, but certainly a bit painful to raise

Nature: Relaxed
-Strength
-Take Down
-Rock Tomb
-Iron Tail
Comments: Oh, where do I begin here? Useless against Dewford Gym, but afterwards you get to see its true power. At level 10, it already hard walls 70% of the early-game. Even crit Wing Attacks are doing 1 damage. He's also surprisingly fast for something with Base 30 Speed--it can outspeed most early-game enemies at -1 Speed. Also, as a Lairon, this guy managed to naturally outspeed a lv. 28 Mightyena, only 6 levels lower. Metal Claw is leveled up quickly, and then you get Strength, then you level up Iron Tail. He's not really useful against the first three gyms he's available for, but he soloed Norman--not even Slaking could touch him--as a level 28 Aron. Then, Lairon killed 3/5 of Winona's team, even managing to take out Altaria despite Earthquake (although Trapinch's Sand-Attack really helped here). Not to mention it was my best mon against trainer-owned Skarmory, 5HKOing them as a Lairon, 4HKOing as an Aggron. While it may not seem like much it's actually the best anyone on my team could do, and if Iron Tail got a Defense drop, Skarmory went down faster. It also saved my ass against the E4, ripping through Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia's Glalie, and Drake's Shelgon. Oh, and hitting yourself for 5 times more damage than the opponent hits you for is cool.
Usage Tips: Does it have Water Gun? If yes, switch. If no, chip at it with Tackle and watch your opponent 36HKO you.
Overall: 8/10 -- not being able to run from some wildmons is annoying, but less so than Trapinch. Otherwise, it's god-tier for early-game and late-game, and excellent in between.

Nature: Adamant
-Earthquake
-Psybeam
-Cosmic Power
-Shadow Ball
Comments: This thing was annoying, but not as much as Trapinch. All I can say is that when it finally evolved, it stopped being shit and started to be an unstoppable juggernaught. Unfortunately, its movepool isn't great, but Shadow Ball and Earthquake give it what it needs. It essentially soloed Tate and Liza. Cosmic Power looks weird, but it's the only reason Glacia's Walrein didn't sweep me--this was the only mon it didn't OHKO, and with one Cosmic Power, it couldn't even OHKO with a high damage roll either. So basically I just sat there and PP stalled. I tried this against Drake too but I kept getting critted or my Special Defense kept getting lowered with Crunch so I switched to the Altaria approach. This guy was also instrumental in helping to PP stall Wailord's Blizzard so I could set up on it with Breloom.
Usage Tips: If you have enough patience, use it and it will work great. If not, use it anyways. It might not kill the in-game trainers as fast as you would want it to, but it can certainly save your ass when you need it most.
Overall: 5/10 -- Baltoy sucks shit

Also Marshtomp is a very good HM slave in Gen III. Surf/Dive/Waterfall/Rock Smash. I also used Nincada for Cut+Flash.
Wow, that team is soo much weak to Ice. You probably had trouble with the Elite 4 and their infinite Ice Beams from the 3rd and 4th E4 and the Champ.

Last edited:
Love this. My question is: how do you justify them flavourfully/canonically? When npcs mention the pkmn the prof gave you, it feels weird.

Love this. My question is: how do you justify them flavourfully/canonically? When npcs mention the pkmn the prof gave you, it feels weird.
How do you justify Scrambles/Nuzlockes canonically? Or Speedruns. Or any challenges really. They're there for you to have fun.

Wow, that team is soo much weak to Ice. You probably had trouble with the Elite 4 and their infinite Ice Beams from the 3rd and 4th E4 and the Champ.
Actually, Drake doesn't have Ice Beam on Kingdra, or any of his mons. I beat Glacia by setting up one Cosmic Power on Walrein, who barely missed out on OHKOing Claydol with a low damage roll on Surf, and using 30 Hyper Potions to PP stall the bitch. Breloom and Aggron handled the rest of her team. Against Wallace I PP stalled Blizzard by sacrificing my Dragons along with some Revives, then set up 6 X-Attacks with Breloom on Wailord. It was glorious. And yet it still didn't OHKO everything. I guess that's the price of underleveling.

Don't worry Registeel is available before the elite 4 ( If I remember correctly ), it's just a pain to find and catch.
lmao I just realized I can't get salamence before the E4 :I Should I just turn on wallhack to go to the secret room with bagons once I get to meteor falls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)