The Guy Fieri Appreciation Thread

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

There are many reasons to love Guy Fieri. The man is nothing short of amazing. His superb sense of style, the eloquence of his speech, and his 'fuck-everything-i-just-want-some-bombass-food' approach to life all inspire me.

But the reason to love guy is all the amazing food he brings to us. Having followed Guy Fieri throughout his career I've rounded up a list of all the Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives that I've wanted to try and I've just begun to tackle some of these. I've only been to one but it was nothing short of amazing.

Falafel's Drive-In
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzGuxL0MY0E&feature=player_embedded
I've only been a few times but I've never been disappointed by it. The falafels here are crispy, light, and perfectly seasoned. For lunch, nothing beats a nice falalfel on pita with both sauces and a banana shake. Oh man, the banana shake. That shake is MONEY!

Do you guys have any experiences with Triple D's? Let me know so I can add to my list of things to try! Next stop, FLAVORTOWN!

Meh, I'm more of a Robert Irvine fan with Dinner and Restaurant Impossible, but Guy is good too.

He actually did his show at one place down here I've frequented for a while before he did (Chino Bandito), it's literally a hybrid of chinese and mexican cuisine, actually pretty good.

If he's on at the same time my TV is, I'm there.
Love this guy.

Also he has the unhinging jaw of a snake goddamn.

i love triple D with burning passions

everything on that show looks delicious and guy is a great host

i've been trying to find the time to go to red wagon here, where we have the jack daniels pancake syrup and pulled pork pancakes. some friends of mine went and the line was out the door and around the block, but i'm hoping to go this summer.

i think he did 2 in vancouver but i missed one of them.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not a big TV viewer... but I remember the first time I saw 3d's, I thought "Man, would be cool if that guy came to my hometown," since Hawaii is loves diner's, dive-ins, and drives, but our food culture is totally different--

rice > bread being the staple food for one.

Here the Plate Lunch with 2 scoops of Rice > Burgers

But, I just checked out the Food Network's site and there actually is a Hawaii episode. Considering how small Honolulu is, I was pretty shocked that I'd only been to 1 of the eateries he went to (Nico's Pier38-- very bomb place). I'll definitely have to check the others when I go back home some time.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I've been to multiple of his places which I sadly forget now as my dad is a huge fan with access to an airplane, so every time we go somewhere which is often we hit up a triple D's restaurant. I do absolutely love Guy Fieri though (nobody yet has mentioned his show Guy Off the Hook?)

He's been I think 3 times to a restaurant within 50 miles of where I live, none of which are really very good so I can tell how he exaggerates like a bitch whenever he's on camera

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)