The Highlander Tournament | Round Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Introduction:

During All-Star week for Smogon Premier League 4, macle and I had an interesting battle. We decided to do a one on one battle between our team mascots: Scrafty vs. Toxicroak. What started as a joke battle turned into massive theorymon sessions that went on for hours. Dekzeh and the Smog Frogs spent a lot of time working out optimal spreads, and the environment was similar in the Team Raiders channel. The battle ended up being a lot of fun with a surprising amount of depth (http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou8892250). It was easily one of the most fun matches either of us had played, so I'm building a tournament around the same concept.

Concept:

The tournament is set up that you pick and post three Pokemon when you sign up for the tournament. You can only pick one of each individual Pokemon, but a different player can have the same Pokemon as you (e.g. you can't have two Alakazam, but someone else can pick Alakazam if you pick it too; also, you can only pick one forme for Pokemon like Rotom). Chosen Pokemon have to be Overused and under; no Ubers are allowed. Each round, every player picks one of their opponent's three Pokemon to battle that round. They PM that choice to me. Once both players have relayed the opposing Pokemon to face in PM, I will declare it in the thread. At that point, both players can start preparing for their match. Picking like this occurs through every round.

Also, it'd be awesome if each player kept their designed sets for when they are eliminated. They shouldn't reveal anything about the nature of the battle, but moreso why they prepared that Pokemon in the manner they did for that specific threat. It's cool for onlookers to see the mental process behind this stuff. If you can reveal it in these threads without giving away any of the opponent's strategy, I'm sure our viewers would love to see the sets utilized.

General Tournament Rules:

• General tournament rules and regulations can be found stickied at the top of this forum.
  • Standard OU - 1 vs. 1
  • Generation V
  • Single Elimination
  • The banlists for this tournament are the same as for the ladders of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Online. You are absolutely not allowed to use any Pokemon in the Uber metagame.
  • Matches may either be conducted on Pokemon Showdown or Pokemon Online.
  • Post three Pokemon in this thread when you sign up for the tournament. They will remain as your only Pokemon throughout the entirety of the tournament.
  • Private Message user Vinc2612 at the beginning of each round which of your opponent's Pokemon you'd like to battle.
  • Do not battle until both you and your opponent have their selection revealed in this thread.
Battle Rules:

• Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • 1 vs. 1
  • No moves that evoke the Self KO Clause. Destiny Bond, Explosion, Final Gambit, Perish Song, Selfdestruct, and other such moves are banned.
  • No Johning whatsoever. I expect all matches to be done within the span of a week or less.
  • All matches will be best of one.
All participants must Private Message me which of their opponent's Pokemon they choose to face. Your battle cannot start until I receive PMs from both participants. I will be updating this post with the selected Pokemon when I receive PMs from both battlers.

Round 3 Time Table:

All selections should be made within 96 hours (four days) of this post.
All battles should be completed before September 5th.
Participants that go over these limits risk being substituted out.

Round 3 Pairings:

Eo Ut Mortus vs The Kyle
Mamoswine Cloyster Jirachi | Breloom Chandelure Tyranitar

ModestGarchomp vs sandshrewz
Tyranitar Jirachi Liepard | Arcanine Zapdos Metagross

Hantsuki vs reachzero
Jirachi Mamoswine Arcanine | Jirachi Mew Dragonite

Terraquaza vs Lasagne21
Garchomp Breloom Jirachi | Hariyama Lucario Dragonite

Kenny vs Fusxfaranto
Wingull Slowpoke Maractus | Garchomp Mew Jirachi

Raseri vs Chieliee
Celebi Jirachi Victini | Dragonite Breloom Alakazam

Frizy vs B-Lulz
Jirachi Landorus-I Tyranitar | Keldeo Gengar Latios

Jorgen vs The Unlucky one
Snorlax Zapdos Suicune | Keldeo Landorus-I Tyranitar

DarkLoïc vs Fantasy
Jirachi Landorus-I Terrakion | Dragonite Mamoswine Conkeldurr

-Manu- vs fitzy72
Salamence Victini Kingdra | Mamoswine Mew Metagross

dragonuser vs giara
Kyurem-B Dragonite Jirachi | Abomasnow Zapdos Salamence

The DragonKnight vs Boudouche
Dragonite Azelf Togekiss | Jellicent Dragonite Machamp

Vinc2612 vs Dice
Garchomp Magnezone Mew | Keldeo Jirachi Landorus

Double01 vs Rockhp31
Abomasnow Mew Garchomp | Lucario Landorus-i Dragonite

Myzozoa vs TheFourthChaser
Mew Latias Dragonite | Mew Jirachi Kyurem-B

complete legitimacy vs Morpheus
Dragonite Garchomp Terrakion | Hydeigon Mew Garchomp

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also Dice, I am waiting for your PM as well, I will take the activity win if you do not send it.

won in a gg

michael jordan (Jirachi) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 Spd / 252 HP / 240 Def
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Sleep Talk
-
-

lost to raseri.

set:

Breloom @ Coba Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 60 Atk / 168 HP / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Seed (filler)
- Mach Punch

i meant to put fight gem here but yea im dumb

Terraquaza won. I completely forgot Drain Punch existed lol. my set was just a last minute thing cos i forgot to make it earlier

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd
Rash Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Sleep Talk

won gg vinc

Jirachi @ Lum Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 16 Spd / 252 HP / 136 Atk / 104 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

ev's were totally random

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
One hour of team building to see if iron head flinches or not :[
gg

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 236 HP / 20 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Magnet Rise
- Metal Sound
- Electroweb

Outspeed Jirachi that uses just enough speed to outspeed timid Magnezone after Electroweb, Magnet Rise to "keep" my balloon even after the first hit, Metal Sound to win vs CM or LightScreen :[

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
lost, gg

i used:

Dragonite@focus sash
Super Power
ES
Dclaw
protect

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
I won vs Rockhp in a gg

my set:
Abomasnow @ Chople Berry
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 100 Def / 124 Spd
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Bulldoze
- Earthquake
- GrassWhistle

Evs are so i survive adamant lucario CC+Bullet Punch and i outspeed adamant lucario after -1.

Lost vs Double01, wasn't really expecting that..

my set:
Lucario (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch

gg and gl for the rest, that tour was really fun from what I played!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)