im doin a flying run in fire red.

Team i want 2 hav.

Charizard
Pidgeot
Aerodactyl
Gyardos
Zapdos
Fearow

1st GYm: Ouch Maybe i should evolve charmander...
2nd Gym: We'll see
3rd Gym: Ouch....
4th Gym: Piece of Cake Lol
5th Gym: We'll see.
6th Gym: Look at above
7th Gym: Look at above
8th Gym: Yea, I'm imune 2 ground.

Loreli: Ow... maybe
Bruno: HAHAHAHAHA well except for the onixs
Agatha: We'll see
Lance: refer 2 above

Gary: Hmmmmm...... i wonder wat the result would be.

You just need charmander at 13-14 for first gym, but have some potions in hand.
for misty, make sure pidgeotto and fearow are well leveled, but for an easier task, get the magikarp from the salesman and evolve it.
Surge: Charmeleon won't be a zard, so just power your way through him
Erika: WAY TOO EASY
Koga: You'll just have to overpower them, no one has a type advantage.
Sabrina: maybe hard, but no type advantage, Gyarados will be important here with bite. Zapdos will be good if you got him
Blaine: Gyarados easily, and Aerodactyl as well.
Giovanni: Will be harder than you think.

Lorelei: Zapdos will run through her, besides jinx, which is for zard.
Bruno: Gyarados and Pidgeot/Fearow/Aerodactyl/Zapdos
Agatha: Gyarados, Zapdos, Zard are good but Aero's speed might just save you.
Lance: Gyarados if you give it ice beam will do most of the work. zapdos will be good too.

Gary: Just outsmart him, you have some versatile typings and it shouldn't be too hard.

Flying shouldn't be too hard on any of the games. 'Cause there really aren't any pure Flying type Pokemon ;)

My plan for the poison team:

Venusaur
Beedrill
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Tentacruel
Crobat

Brock: Bulbasaur
Misty: Ivysaur, and Beedrill's Twineedle, and Zubat/Golbat's Bite
Surge: Ivysaur, but the Nidos should be more than enough here.
Erika: Beedrill/Golbat
Koga: Nidos
Sabrina: This WILL be a bitch. my best bet would be grinding golbat and beedrill to outspeed her pokemon and OHKO them. If only Drapion was here.
Blaine: Tentacruel and the Nidos
Giovanni: Venusaur and Tentacruel.

Lorelei: Venusaur and Nidos, but this will be a toughie
Bruno: Easy, Venusaur/Tentacruel and Golbat.
Agatha: Golbat
Lance: Tentacruel and Nidos

Gary:

Charizard: Tentacruel or Nidos
Pidgeot: Whichever Nido has TBolt or Ice Beam or Tentacruel
Gyarados: Whichever nido has TBolt
Alakazam: Probably the toughest Pokemon in the game for this team. I can only hope Gary is dumb and uses anything besides Psychic/Reflect. Twineedle or Bite might be my best bet. but if I sleep it with Venusaur, things will be much easier.
Exeggutor: Kinda hard, but Beedrill should OHKO it I think
Rhydon: Cakewalk for anyone not named Golbat or Beedrill

All the Gary encounters, Alakazam will be a HUGE threat for me.

I think the ultimate challenge would be catching mewtwo without master ball.

Whenever I do a mono-type run, I usually follow these rules.

Only the final form is counted for the team run. Which means, Charmander and Magikarp can be used in a flying playthrough.

No HM slaves if possible. If nobody in the team can learn a certain HM move then a Pokemon of the chosen typing in the runthrough must be caught. If no Pokemon of that typing can learn that particular HM move, then only a slave can be used but only for the incompatible move(s) alone. This means you must have a Wingull/Pelipper if you want to fly during a mono-water playthrough in Emerald, and you must use a Nido to surf during mono-ground in FR/LG.

No wildcards. No legendaries either, unless there's no one else to complate a 6-member team.

Trading is allowed if the purpose is to complete the team. For example, you can't have both Growlithe and Vulpix in FR/LG so you'll need to trade for them. Trading to evolve is allowed.

Only 2 Pokemon can be traded over to be used as your "starter" if there's no starters or Pokemon available early that are of the chosen type challenge. Every other team member must be caught in-game. Traded Pokemon cannot hold any TMs, but Pokemon with egg moves are allowed.

Anyway, here's my Mono-Normal playthrough in both Emerald and Fire Red.

Fire Red team was:
Pidgeot, Persian, Clefable, Dodrio, Snorlax, and Tauros. This team was pretty easy to use. I had a bit of a problem with Brock and needed to rely on sand attack spam to win. Every other gym, along with the Elite 4 was pretty easy since it involves smacking with hard-hitting STAB moves, while Agatha's ghosts couldn't take STAB flying attacks.

Emerald team was:
Linoone, Swellow, Slaking, Exploud, Wigglytuff, and Girafarig. Again, the first gym was quite a challenge, being a rock type. Brawly wasn't too hard since flying attacks hurt his team. Then at the 3rd gym, Watson's Magneton was quite difficult too, and I actually needed Rock Smash to defeat it. Remaining gyms were quite easy, especially once you have STAB Strength. Since this elite four had no Steven, it also meant that they weren't too hard as well!

I'm about to challenge Clair. Well, after I get through the cave and such.

Scizor: Bullet Punch / Quick Attack / Pursuit
Parasect: Spore / Slash / Pursuit / Bug Bite
Beedrill: Toxic Spikes / Assurance / Bug Bite / Poison Jab*
Butterfree: Bug Buzz / Psybeam / Whirlwind / Sleep Powder
Heracross: Aerial Ace / Close Combat* / Night Slash / something

Ledian is being very deadweight, so I'm going to get someone to trade me Spinarak. *s mean I have to level them up more for them to learn it. I really need a rock type attack on Heracross... and I may need to rework some pokes for the elite four. Oh well, it'll be a labor of love.

I soloed SS with a Flygon, does that count? :)
Actually it was really easy except Price(!!!) who Pwned Vibrava twice before I learned to use Electrodes Screech and Gyarados' Leer to lower his defense before bringing Vibrava out for the kill. Pretty much everything else was pie, I beat the elite 4 without getting hit, though the champ got me with ice fang which hurt.
Kanto Gyms were equally easy, Demolished everything with Dragon Claw/Earthquake. (I had Earthquake because I had the Trapinch Pokesaved so it would be mine.) I haven't beaten Red, but E4 mk.2 was just as easy as the first time, Lance was lol, I had to do some switching to avoid intimidate, but I now have a level 4 Rattata in the HoF yay!
Anyway want to a mono-bug run of Platinum as soon as i find my DS again, but I'll have to wait so I can trade stuff over and not lose my Darkrai.

Hoenn Dex, sorted by typing and availability

Sceptile
Ludicolo
Shiftry
Breloom
Roselia
Vileplume
Bellossom
Cacturne
Cradily
Tropius

Blaziken
Camerupt
Torkoal
Magcargo
Ninetales

Swampert
Ludicolo
Pelipper
Surskit
Gyarados
Seaking
Tentacruel
Azumarill
Sharpedo
Wailord
Crawdaunt
Whiscash
Milotic
Starmie
Golduck
Walrein
Huntail
Gorebyss
Relicanth
Corsola
Lanturn
Luvdisc
Kingdra
Kyogre

Linoone
Swellow
Slaking
Exploud
Delcatty
Dodrio
Spinda
Zangoose
Wigglytuff
Castform
Kecleon
Girafarig

Beautifly
Swellow
Pelipper
Masquerain
Ninjask
Gyarados
Crobat
Dodrio
Skarmory
Altaria
Tropius
Xatu
Salamence
Rayquaza

Plusle
Minun
Manectric
Electrode
Magneton
Raichu
Lanturn

Beautifly
Dustox
Masquerain
Ninjask
Shedinja
Volbeat
Illumise
Armaldo
Pinsir
Heracross

Dustox
Crobat
Tentacruel
Swalot
Vileplume
Roselia
Muk
Weezing
Seviper

Golem
Nosepass
Aggron
Magcargo
Lunatone
Solrock
Cradily
Armaldo
Rhydon
Corsola
Relicanth
Regirock

Swampert
Nincada
Golem
Sandslash
Camerupt
Flygon
Whiscash
Claydol
Rhydon
Donphan
Groudon

Shedinja
Sableye
Banette
Dusclops

Gardevoir
Alakazam
Medicham
Grumpig
Lunatone
Solrock
Claydol
Starmie
Wobbuffet
Xatu
Girafarig
Chimecho
Metagross
Latias
Latios
Jirachi
Deoxys

Mawile
Aggron
Magneton
Skarmory
Metagross
Registeel
Jirachi

Blaziken
Breloom
Machamp
Hariyama
Medicham
Heracross

Glalie
Walrein
Regice

Mightyena
Shiftry
Sableye
Sharpedo
Cacturne
Crawdaunt
Absol

Flygon
Altaria
Kingdra
Salamence
Rayquaza
Latias
Latios

I'm about to challenge Clair. Well, after I get through the cave and such.

Scizor: Bullet Punch / Quick Attack / Pursuit
Parasect: Spore / Slash / Pursuit / Bug Bite
Beedrill: Toxic Spikes / Assurance / Bug Bite / Poison Jab*
Butterfree: Bug Buzz / Psybeam / Whirlwind / Sleep Powder
Heracross: Aerial Ace / Close Combat* / Night Slash / something

Ledian is being very deadweight, so I'm going to get someone to trade me Spinarak. *s mean I have to level them up more for them to learn it. I really need a rock type attack on Heracross... and I may need to rework some pokes for the elite four. Oh well, it'll be a labor of love.
I HIGHLY reccomend getting yanmega for your team, with tinted lens no pokemon resists his STAB attacks making very good use of the choice specs from the lake of rage. He also gets ancient power and has a much higher SpA then butterfree.

Ok, I've started a mono-ghost run of Platinum. I soloed everything up to Valley windworks with a Chimchar/Monferno, since Drifloon is the first ghost you can get. I caught a Ghastly in Eterna forest, and I beat Gardenia fairly esily with Gust. I tried to get Rotom, but I forgot to save, and it killed me with Crithax. :( . Galactic Hq is proving insanely hard, Jupiters Skuntank OHKOs everything with Night Slash. I'm currently spamming Minimize and trying to hax my way through.
Team is:
Drifloon
- Minimize
- Astonish
- Payback
- Gust
Gastly
- Sucker Punch
- Night Shade
- Confuse Ray
- Curse
I don't think I'll get another ghost until Duskull, then Froslass and Girantina.
I can't get Spiritomb, as I'm without a friend to contact. I was hoping for Mismagius, but Misdreavus is Pearl exclusive. After the E4, I'll get a Nincada and evolve it for a Shedinja to round out the team. I'm using a Bidoof/Barel HM slave, and I'll need something like tropius for fly too. (Incredibly, Drifblim gets neither fly nor Roost)

(P.S, does Night slash have like 600% accuracy? Out of of 7 times he's used it, It's hit 6 times, at +6 evasion. This is not fun.)

So for an update on my Mono poison run on Leaf Green.

I'm in S.S Anne almost done with it. Brock and misty were cakewalks for Ivysaur. and Surge will be easy too.

Ivysaur: 24
(idk what nature)
Razor leaf
Sleep Powder
Poisonpowder(till i get something, was either this or tackle.)
Leech Seed

Nidoking: Level 24
Lonely Nature
Double Kick
Mega Kick
Thrash
Rock Tomb

Nidoqueen: Level 24(My true powerhouse so far, and prolly till nidoking gets more moves)
Rash Nature
Water Pulse
Double Kick
Dig
Body Slam

Beedrill: Level 25
Naive Nature
Twineedle
Secret Power
Brick Break
Fury Attack

Basically, final team should be:

Venusaur:
Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Filler

Nidoking:
Earthquake
Megahorn
Rock Slide
Surf/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Thrash/Shadow Ball/Most likely Sludge Bomb

Nidoqueen:

Dig
Ice Beam/Blizzard
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Body Slam/Flamethrower/Surf/Shadow Ball/Thunder Wave

Beedrill:

Twineedle
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance/Double-Edge

Tentacruel:

Surf
Ice Beam/Blizzard
filler
filler

and if there's a GSC Pokemon I can get that's better after National dex, I will.
Ice Beam/Blizzard

One down-side about mono-poison in FR/LG is that you don't get the Sludge Bomb TM until after national dex(it's at 5 island IIRC), so a lot of team members wlll not have any good STAB Poison attacks for a long, long time.

^What about Weezing or Muk? At least both of them have a usable STAB Poison move in Sludge. Muk also learns Sludge Bomb naturally, while Weezing can make use of TBolt and Flamethrower TMs which you can get from the game corner if you're very rich.

I'm not rich, and Weezing and Muk would be needless additions. Most of my pokemon will be relying on their secondary STAB. I'm struggling to get enough money so I can get 5 TMs, 2 Thunderbolts for the Nidos and 3 Ice Beams for Nidos and Tentacruel. SO I have enough to worry about. also, the biggest downside is Sabrina. GOD I wish I had Drapion.

I'm not rich, and Weezing and Muk would be needless additions. Most of my pokemon will be relying on their secondary STAB. I'm struggling to get enough money so I can get 5 TMs, 2 Thunderbolts for the Nidos and 3 Ice Beams for Nidos and Tentacruel. SO I have enough to worry about. also, the biggest downside is Sabrina. GOD I wish I had Drapion.
wait untill you face blue's alakazam in the elite four. he will rape your face SO hard.

I'm bored. Someone recommend me a type to play through SS? >_>
That really depends on what you're looking for.

Easy:
Water
Normal
Flying
Electric
Ground

Medium:
Rock
Bug
Poison
Fighting
Ghost
Psychic
Steel

Hard:
Grass
Fire
Dragon

These are just my opinions, of course. Ice isn't considered because the first one you can get is after beating Morty (Shellder), and that's really far too late.

Well I guess to be sorta 'fair' if I went Ice I could catch a Poke with my AR in the wild..but people would think that's cheating. >_> Meh, as if having them come in eggs is so much better. <_< Bug sounds fun, and maybe Psychic too, but I want a type where I at least have 2 Poke's for the first few gyms and not be stuck with one until, like, Blackthorn. :|

Well I guess to be sorta 'fair' if I went Ice I could catch a Poke with my AR in the wild..but people would think that's cheating. >_> Meh, as if having them come in eggs is so much better. <_< Bug sounds fun, and maybe Psychic too, but I want a type where I at least have 2 Poke's for the first few gyms and not be stuck with one until, like, Blackthorn. :|
Normal, Flying, Bug, Poison, Rock, Grass and Water get 2-3 or more Pokemon by the first gym. If you want Psychic, you'd have to solo Falkner with Unown, but after that you can get Slowpoke in Azalea.

I'll probably go with either Bug or Psychic. I want Psychic bad but only Unown until Azalea is just gruesome. ;_;

EDIT: Decided on Ground. ;_; Any tips for Sprout Tower? >____>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)