The Incredibles [An OU team]

THE INCREDIBLES
Hey There! Welcome to my 2nd RMT(The first one wasn't even rated :O), and this one too, is based on Breloom. I tried to make the best out of this team, and so far I'm in successful with it. Feel free to criticize and suggest/recommend anything which you find faulty in the team :)
Here's the team:

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb​
Trait: Poison Heal​
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd​
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
- Spore​
- Focus Punch​
- Stone Edge​
- Substitute​
The team is based on Breloom. I used this set so that it can survive the sand team in which it is in. Spore simply puts all the opponent to the sleep and it's pretty much necessary in every Breloom set. Focus Punch is used along with Substitute, and its really strong. I used Seed Bomb at first, but then it was useless against Dragonite, Salamence and Volcarona, so I put in Facade, but then I was useless against Jellicent and other ghosts, so I put in Stone Edge.​
Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Sand Stream​
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef​
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)​
- Stealth Rock​
- Pursuit​
- Crunch​
- Superpower​
Tyranitar is used along with Breloom to resist all Breloom's weaknesses. I used the support set to heed the same. Stealth ROck is used for checking Volcarona, and Crunch and Superpower for coverage. Used Stone Edge before, but then since 2 more Pokemon used Stone Edge, then why not Superpower?​
Terrakion @ Choice Scarf​
Trait: Justified​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd​
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)​
- Close Combat​
- Stone Edge​
- X-Scissor​
- Rock Slide​
In conjunction with Sand, it can turn out to be pretty amazing. The set is pretty much explanatory, Close Combat and Stone Edge for dual STAB, X-Scissors for Psychics and Rock Slide for STAB + flinch rate.​
Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf​
Trait: Levitate​
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd​
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)​
- Draco Meteor​
- Psyshock​
- Surf​
- Trick​
I was using Salamence at first, but then I replaced it with Latios because I was unable to answer the likes of Donphan and Landorus-T. A Scarf was used to outspeed common threats. Draco Meteor and Psyshock for Dual STAB, Surf for various ground types and then Trick for preventing walls from doing anything weird.​
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Sturdy​
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef​
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)​
- Gyro Ball​
- Spikes​
- Rapid Spin​
- Volt Switch​
Now we needed a spinner and to counter Ice, so I chose Forretress. I thought of Scizor before, but then Forretress provided Rapid Spin support that Scizor couldn't. Gyro Ball for an attacking move, Spikes since I already had SR on TTaar, Rapid SPin for obvious reasons and Volt Switch as a scouting move to escape the likes of Jellicent.​
Jirachi @ (Leftovers)​
Trait: Serene Grace​
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spd​
- Substitute​
- Calm Mind​
- Thunderbolt​
- Psyshock​
This was a random choice, to wall certain more common moves. Calm Mind is downright deadly, so it was quite natural. Sub and Calm Mind for obvious reasons, Thunderbolt for those pesky Jellicents and Gyarados, and Psyshock for nailing the fighting types around. Tried some other moves before, but this was the perfect choice.​
Conclusion
So, this was it. Took me a whole lot of time, but it all ended really nice. Feel free to give any criticism, or suggest anything. I'd be more than happy if someone rates this team. :D
Importable:
Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb​
Trait: Poison Heal​
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd​
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
- Spore​
- Focus Punch​
- Stone Edge​
- Substitute​
Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Sand Stream​
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef​
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)​
- Stealth Rock​
- Pursuit​
- Crunch​
- Superpower​
Terrakion @ Choice Scarf​
Trait: Justified​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd​
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)​
- Close Combat​
- Stone Edge​
- X-Scissor​
- Rock Slide​
Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf​
Trait: Levitate​
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd​
- Draco Meteor​
- Psyshock​
- Surf​
- Trick​
Jirachi @ Leftovers​
Trait: Serene Grace​
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spd​
- Substitute​
- Calm Mind​
- Thunderbolt​
- Psyshock​
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Sturdy​
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef​
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)​
- Gyro Ball​
- Spikes​
- Rapid Spin​
- Volt Switch​

Now, you ever think about using Tech Breloom with Swords Dance? I promise it will be lot more helpful for this team. But, other than that your team looks great:)

Now, you ever think about using Tech Breloom with Swords Dance? I promise it will be lot more helpful for this team. But, other than that your team looks great:)

Tech Breloom won't be able to survive along with the sand, since it needs Life Orb for the power. I had Moxie on Salamence, I just forgot to put it in xD

Nice team you got there Dilute! It's quite a solid team, showing Bulky Sand Offense off like a boss. I absolutely love the Subpunching set on Breloom, it's so underrating in comparison to the Swords Dance set that has the worst coverage ever. That set has won so many games for me (taking out about 3 Pokemon when I used it to the fullest) that it's not even funny. You should definitely keep it rather than a Technician one, as it pairs very well with Tyranitar, who counters Latios, Latias, and Starmie, Pokemon Breloom hates.

Onto the rate. First off, on your Salamence, Moxie outclasses Intimidate in every way because it can pull off late game sweeps with the attack boost, and likely won't need Intimidate because of the Scarf. Also, Naive (+Spe, -SpD) outclasses Hardy (+Spe, -Def) because many scarfers that try to catch up with Salamence or Dragon Dancers are physical, like Dragonite or Terrakion. Also, priority is almost entirely physical, and Vacuum wave is never seen. With this, Naive is a much better option on Salamence.

Lastly, I feel as if you're not using Terrakion to its full potential with a scarf set. Salamence is already scarfed, so you won't have a problem changing its set. I suggest either a Choice Banded Terrakion or Double booster works, though a Choice Banded one is preferred so you can just wreck something and then hard switch out into a counter. Here are the sets:

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack / Sacred Sword / Rock Slide

Terrakion @ Life Orb / Air Balloon / Rock Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

The rest of your team is quite solid and doesn't really need any changes. Good luck with your laddering!

Hope I helped
~Hugo

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey Dilute, thanks for sending me a request! You have some pretty powerful threats on your team but there are some common physical attackers that can do a number on the majority your team, things like Scizor and Mamoswine come to mind. Also, you don't have anything on your team that really wants to take powerful water type attacks from the likes of a Specs Keldeo or Specs Politoed, both of which can put major dents in your team. However, this can be taken care of with one simple change in a team member. I would suggest using Jellicent over your current Jirachi. This gives you an immunity to water type attacks which is extremely valuable to your team plus it is a good physical wall, especially with access to Scald and Will-o-Wisp.
You can use the following set:

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Bold Nature 248 Hp/ 172 def/ 88 spe
Taunt
Scald
Recover
Will-o-Wisp/Toxic

Now your team looks pretty solid. The next thing I would suggest is changing your current Terrakion set to a SubSalac set. This can be very effective, plus it gives you a setup sweeper, giving you more versatility over having 2 scarf users.
Here's the set:

Terrrakion @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature 252 att/ 4 def/ 252 speed
Substitute
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Stone Edge

Hopefully my suggestions helped! Let me know how it works and good luck with the team!

Thanks for the rate, Stone Alchemist! I accidentally did the wrong stuff and had to put exactly what you said regarding Salamence. Though I replaced it with Latios anyway, for the above stated reasons.
I'll definitely take in consideration that Terrakion, and once again, thanks for the rate! ^^
EDIT: THanks for the rate, MCBarrett! The Terrakion set seems really nice, so I'll just test that. I'll also take in account that Jellicent :D

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
I got the request.

This team is so out of whack it isn't even funny. It doesn't look effective enough to be balance, but its too weak to go for Heavy Offense so I have no idea how to rate this really, but I will try. The team isn't so bad, and I do like the idea of using SubCM Jirachi in sand if only because it's a major thorn in rain's ass. I don't like how weak your team is hitting things between Scarf Rak / Scarf Tioes / Defensive Forrey / Defensive TTar when this team really wants to hit heavy and hard. :/

As for the weaknesses, there are quite a few. CB Scizor / SD Acrobatics Scizor are the first ones I am looking at, as they can OHKO pretty much everything at +2. Sand stall in general with Jellicent / Ammongus / Hippo seems to be a problem for this team as it hard walls everything you throw. Double Dance Landorus-T has set up opportunities everywhere and only really fears Latios. Breloom itself looks annoying since Choice Latios doesn't want to come in on a Spore nor does it want to come in on a Focus Punch, and it pratically murders most of this team. Mamoswine is a hard Pokemon for you to deal with in particular since nothing is switching into it and finally SubDisable Gengar looks particularly hard to deal with since, assuming no RNG abuse, your TTar is 2HKOed and has to break the sub first and your double choice users can't get past disable. Sun teams with Dugtrio will flat out stomp you as well. Also, Jirachi in general is annoying when Terrakion's CC is super weak.

Okay, so let's get to fixing things.

1. My main concern are those stall teams with Amo / Jelli / Hippo, as they have no problem just laughing in your face as you watch in horror the turn counter go higher and higher and the residual damage stack up higher and higher with nothing you can do bar playing recklessly (which stall players love to abuse) to end the cycle of doom.

However, replacing your weak SDef Tyranitar for bulky Choice Band Tyranitar remedies this issue. Nothing on those stall teams like switching into any of Tyranitar's CB boosted attacks at all. Between Crunch and Stone Edge they have practically zero answers for it.

2. This leads me to my next change. Forretress robs you of your prized momentum and the rapid spinning doesn't really help you much. I'd replace this for Custap Berry Skarmory for some quick hazard entry and some fine line offensive momentum.

3. I'd replace Choice Scarf Terrakion for Expert Belt Keldeo instead. Your team doesn't really like those pesky Celebi who baton pass spam on Tyranitar, and luring it out with Keldeo is priceless. The extra rain fighter is always nice and it does quite a bit to sand offense as well. Latios is the scarfer and there is really no need for a scarf Terrakion as well. Keldeo can check Scizor as well, which is really problematic for you.

4. I'd really switch Breloom to the Fight Gem set over your current one. I'd recommend using Spore, Mach Punch, Bullet Seed, and Stone Edge as your moves so you still lure out and kill Dragonite, but this set is much more effective. It's also a last resort to Scizor's and it can stop things cold with its priority, which is really worth losing the raw power of Focus Punch. After all, Skarm's entry hazards and CB TTar hit things hard enough as it is.

Lastly, as a personal twist, I'd use Wish over Substitute on Jirachi. Those defensive evs go a long way when I used them and the pure bulk alongside wish make it nigh impossible to stop vs. rain or the right teams, and trust me; most teams are suspectable to a CM Jirachi sweep! :p

I hope I helped! :)

EDIT: If you look at the mentioned threats, my suggestions allow you to play around nearly all of them. As for Jellicent over Jirachi, it's not a bad idea but then SD Acrobatics Scizor becomes an even bigger threat so there is that to consider.

Hey there,

Seeing as you asked for it, I'll be glad to help out! So, from what I see, Keldeo and other Fighting types seem to be quite an issue for this team. With Latios as your only resist, it leaves a lot to be desired. Having to rely on it to take Fighting type moves can be rather annoying for you since Latios is rather frail and it takes a lot of damage from these attacks. Plus, your own sand and lack of recovery cause it to faint rather quickly. With that said, I feel that you should use a Starmie over your Forretress. This change gives your team some leeway against the forementioned Fighting types and you get to keep a Rapid Spinner. However, with this change, you are left without a solid physical Dragon resist. Using Skarmory over Jirachi will help you achieve this goal as it can easily wall a Garchomp or Dragonite in place of your Forretress. Also, like Forretress, Skarmory sets up Spikes, so you put more pressure on your opponent to try to spin them away (if they have a Rapid Spinner). Next, in my experience, I found that dual Choice Scarf users come off as a bit redundant. So, I recommend you change Latios to a Life Orb set with the same moves as your current set except with Recover over Trick. I find that the damage output for Choice Scarf Latios is rather underwhelming and it can leave you in position to easily get Pursuited, if locked into the wrong move or you used Draco Meteor and have a lesser Special Attack stat, and you lose your prime Keldeo counter. With Life Orb attached, Latios can hit much harder than a Choice Scarf variant and you are able to use Recover to heal off the sand, Life Orb, or even attack damage. Lastly, if you choose to make the changes that I recommended, you would want to run Chople Berry on your Tyranitar over Leftovers. This change is well warranted as the changes made can leave your team open to things like Agility Thundurus-T, which can deal quite a bit of damage to your team with Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice, and Focus Blast, and possibly having a hard time to switch into a Gengar Shadow Ball or Focus Blast. With these changes said, good luck!

Sets:

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

if scizor gets a sword dance up, you team is done. CB scizor will wreck you team. Only jirachi can stop it but it suffers from u-turn anyway. Scarf keldeo would be hard for your team to deal with as well. If latios goes down, sword dance set brelooms will run through your team as well....it needs balance

Shurtugal: I tried out everything you suggested, and by golly, I had been getting more wins than before, and I'm more than satisfied now. Though Puruit Tyranitar became a problem, since I got locked into Draco Meteor and then TTar kills using Pursuit, but this won't be a problem the next time unless I mispredict...
THough I had a problem with steel types like Jirachi and Metagross.
Funkasaurus: You pointed out the exact problem I had been having with Latios, but this won't be aproblem as I mentioned above. But Latios usually doesn't get the time to heal itself, which is why I find the Scarf set more effective. Moreover, Starmie somewhat messed up the team for some reason :/
Thanks for the rate guys! ^^

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Dilute

Pretty interesting team you have built here. It looks solid, but I have some suggestions to offer that can help improve it. Looking at your team, Swords Dance Scizor and Swords Dance Lucario with Bullet Punch are some major threats to it. If either of them gets the chance to set up a Swords Dance boost, they can easily sweep through with their combination of power and priority. Scizor is especially dangerous as it has the opportunity to set up on basically everything on your team including Breloom if something has already been put to sleep. Lucario can set up on a resisted move that Terrakion is locked into, -2 Latios, and Forretress. To patch up this weakness a bit, I'm going to suggest using a Choice Scarf Heatran with a moveset of Fire Blast / Earth Power / Hidden Power Ice / Flamethrower over your current Scarf Latios. Heatran resists both Bullet Punch and Extremespeed and OHKO's Scizor and Lucario with Fire Blast. Earth Power hits opposing Heatran as well as Terrakion and Tyranitar. Hidden Power Ice gives you coverage against Dragon types and Flamethrower is used in the last moveslot when you need a 100% accurate STAB. As Funkasaurus mentioned, your team is prone to Fighting types, especially Keldeo. For this, I agree with his suggestion of using a bulky Starmie over Forretress. Starmie brings the ability to check Keldeo while still providing your team with Rapid Spin support. The burn chance from Scald is helpful for your team to wear down walls as well as cutting your opponent's attack stat so Breloom and Jirachi can come in and set up easier.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 112 HP / 160 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)