The Land Shark

Yes Garchomp is awesome. Only a few counters and a handful more checks exist: Skarm, bronzong, toxic spikes, scarf mamo, scarf toed, and scarf cloyster, and really they're all kinda unrealiable except for the first 2 (I've actually perish songed a cocky garchomp once but thats something else). Anyways this team is aimed at abusing garchomp. Anyways heres the team. The order is random but bear with me. I'm laddering on smogon on the alt kidsexchange. This team has laddered easily to reqs.

Volcarona (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rest
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
I decided to have ulgramoth here because my team was having trouble with scizor and reuniclus, and volcarona conviniently could hit both of them super effectively with its STAB. I also realized that it was decent with rapid spin support. It can sweep many teams after it gets enopugh boosts, and with toxic spikes it can beat jellicent too easily.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 228 HP / 240 SAtk / 40 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Celebi is just so underrated. I was inspired by Aston's use of it, and I made several tweaks. I focused more on powerful leaf storms to counter politoed, buruns, and rotom-Ws, and hidden power is for scizors. I chose this over ferrothorn and chansey because I wanted to keep offensive pressure while not minding status. It also t-waves to give garchomp more subs.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
I'm testing this set a bit to deal with ulgramoth, thunderous, lati@s, starmie, and other threatening sweepers. Crunch and super power provide perfect coverage, while stone edge is for STAB and thunderous, and pursuit is for utility and trapping starmie and lati@s.

Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
Image says it all: BEAST. Bulky subSD is the most annoying threat to face yet. Like I mentioned, it has only a few counters, and it sets up on gliscor (lolacrofling) and ferrothorn many times. This is basically Aston's set with one more speed to outspeed jolly ttar and those trying to outspeed it.

(Apparently its giga draining)
Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Hex
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
Tenta is my garchomp counter and anti anti garchomp. It absorbs toxic spikes so garchomp can freely set up and sets up toxic spikes to check other garchomp. Hex works well with the status support I have and hits spinblockers well. rapid spin is a great support move in general and helps my team out greatly, though none of my pokes are SR weak. I would say that this is a support poke not a tank since it has no reliable recovery, but does its job really well against many bulky waters.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
2 speed ivs
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
Bronzong was a pokemon that I added to the team because my team was weak to ground types, basically mamoswine, landlos, garchomp, and even gliscor with enough speed evs. The set is standard, SR is really good on any team, hp ice for garchomp, landlos etc and coverage with EQ, gyro ball for Mamo, and EQ for dorys.
Volcarona (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
- Rest
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 68 HP / 240 SAtk / 200 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Hex
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Your team has three Pokemon with a weakness to Ground. I guess it's balanced, since Tentacruel is part Water, Gliscor has Ice Fang, and Celebi is a Grass-type, but ironically, a Gliscor with Aerial Ace, Ice Fang, and Earthquake could take down your team, if properly used. Other than that, your team looks pretty solid, although I'm shaky on Tentacruel having Liquid Ooze, since most people wouldn't really use a draining move (Giga Drain, Drain Punch, etc.) on a Tentacruel, as opposed to Clear Body, which prevents stats from being lowered. That's not as prevalent either, but it happens more often than draining moves.

Draining moves, yes. But being used on Tentacruel, no. Tentacruel is a Poison-type, I doubt anyone would try to hit it with Drain Punch. Giga Drain hits Tentacruel with normal effectiveness, but Tentacruel's high Special Defense stat would make people think twice about that.

...you know you can switch into draining moves, right? Being able to get some extra residual damage in on the opponent by switching in on a ferrothorn's predicted leech seed is better than protecting your stats from being lowered. Why would tenta care about his stats anyway? He doesn't need his attack for anything so the most common stat debuff (intimidate) is already a non-issue.

your Tyranatar would be a better lead than gliscor so you can imediatly have sand and rocks up because gliscor isn't really an effective lead.
Also for heatran you dont really need hp ice and dragon pulse. Everything that Dragon pulse hits hp ice hits as well excluding kingdra.

@steviestar-Thank you for playing the game.
@2btheOrb-Learn to play-hp ice for chomp d-pulse for lati@s . Can't really find any good replacements.

2btheOrb is right, Hp Ice and Dragon Pulse is redundant, if you really want to hit Lati@s a little harder you can go with Dark Pulse, which also gets you coverage against Jellicent who otherwise walls the hell out of you.

why I have celebi and tentacruel, I think Garchomp sets up on jellicent too. I don't know I just like the neutral dragon fire coverage.

Draining moves, yes. But being used on Tentacruel, no. Tentacruel is a Poison-type, I doubt anyone would try to hit it with Drain Punch. Giga Drain hits Tentacruel with normal effectiveness, but Tentacruel's high Special Defense stat would make people think twice about that.
tentacruel is a fun switch into a sub seeder, just saying.

You have trouble with some water types like Starmie, DD Scraggy, DD Haxorus, and thundurus with leftovers. Starmie does not need any time to set up and can just start punching huge holes in your team with a set that has Hydro Pump, T-bolt, Ice Beam with either lo and recover or jsut Expert belt. DD Scraggy will set up on TTar and probably sweep you with its most standard set. The only check you have to Thundurus is your Scarftran which has a lot of trouble switching into it because of the fear of Focus Blast. If it does manage to get Heatran on the switch or it is the rain, you could be in a lot of trouble.

I like the synergy in this team a lot so i will try to only change moves and sets here. First off change TTars set to Chople Berry with the moves of Fire Blast, Stealth Rocks, Super Power, and Pursuit. Use the same EVs and nature. This will allow you to check Thundurus with Pursuit and Chople Berry will limit Focus Blasts Power. It will also allow you to get Lati@ when it tries to switch out. Starmie is also killed on when it tries to switch out. Finally Scraggy will be really hurt by Super power.

good idea, i'll test it out. I noticed the weakness to water types already, oh and synergy?
half my team is weak to ground, water, and ice. Mamo anyone? Also I think celebi can take a few hits from non LO voltlos.
EDIT: I feel weak to gliscor kinda.

Its a pretty decent team, the only pokemon that doesn't quite fit in though is Heatran. If you looking for a speedy special attacker, look no further then to Thundurus and Latios, which also would fit in a lot better.

I just felt like completing FWG and celetran, anyways both will increase my weakness to ice types and then starmie would give me more problems.

Your tyranitar should be able to distroy starmie.

If you lets say wents with Latios, you would gain an ice weakness, and a dragon weakness. While if you kept heatran you have to contend with the fighting and ground weakness. To be honest the former seems better seeing as tentacruel deals with ice, and Latios itself is the fastest dragon type. But there are a few pros with the steel type of heatran, so I see your point.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey man its a really solid team you have here. You seem to have most threats checked which is nice although I really dislike your rather large TR Reuniclus weakness. It can switch in on something like a -2 Celebi or even Tentacruel and then pretty much OHKO your entire team. I second the use of Chople on Tar although if you only have Pursuit you are not actually doing that much to Reuniclus. Even after TR Runs out yyou don't really have anything that can OHKO it so it can easily for for a second round if needed.

Personally I would really consider a Jirachi somewhere, perhaps over Heatran (yes I know that you lose that FWG core). Jirachi still pseudo checks Thundurus and spreads paralysis to give your slow team a bit of a boost.

GL with the team

Wow I accidentally deleted everything I wrote... well I was saying overall good team adn switch heatran for jirachi -_- and I like your teams! Damn you laptop why do you die in the middle of my long rates!

Wes

Nice team! Have you considered changing Celebi into Ferrothorn? Not beeing damaged by SS, Leech Seed+(even more) Spikes seems like it could be a great addition.

Changing PS for HP fire on Celebi might actually be a good idea. I don't think Celebi is too good at using Perish Song since you can't trap your opponent. You'll better switch in, do as much damage as posible, use Leaf Storm, then T-Wave and switch out or something like that.
I like your team so far, works well. The only downside I'll pinpoint is that it doesn't seem too original, that combination of pokemon seems a bit ordinary to me. (No offense tough)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)