The LC Open VIII - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

Welcome to the eighth iteration of the largest LC tournament, the LC Open! Almost a year has passed since ggggd won the last LC Open over both Serene Grace and tazz in a 3 way final, and it's finally time to crown a new LC Open champion. Whether you're a veteran or a newcomer, I wish you the best of luck!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard SM LC.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • SM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, not to be turned off even in the case of a player disconnecting as we now have a separate disconnection timer (more details here). The timer may not be turned off in any circumstance.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer a wide selection of times when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of atrocious behavior, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
That aside, feel free to get back to me (or a tournament director if, for some reason, you don't really trust my judgement) if you still have any questions regarding this tournament (or Grand Slam in general) after reading this post. Since this is Smogon's biggest individual LC tournament, I'm expecting a lot of Vullaby, a high level of competition and, eventually, a deserving winner!

Last but not least, aside from points towards qualifying for Grand Slam playoffs, this tournament is part of the LC Tournament Circuit, so points for that will also be awarded accordingly depending on how well you do.

Round 3

Void vs HSOWA
pokeisfun
vs GunGunJ
Marshall.Law vs suapah
Bouff vs Ren-chon
Kingofcrimea vs SiTuM
Kushalos vs (Winner of Toadow vs KingKdot)
TDK vs Corazan
Shrug vs LilyAC
Star
vs Mirbro
fran17 vs Kingler12345
HT vs Raiza
Poek vs (Winner of Fille vs B@oba)
BK vs babyboyblues
xray vs Odd Della Robbia
trace
vs Parpan21
Thisbemyalt vs Jrdn
tko vs (Winner of PumpkabooMaster666 vs The Quasar)
lax vs tazz
SANJAY vs Cheese5555
0NI vs obii
TSR vs tjdaas
Lasen vs Averardo
Accelgor
vs Bebo
Gunner Rohan vs (Winner of banks vs BelmontGabriel)
Pohjis vs fitzy72
Osh vs Gareth Adamson
PD vs Tikkito
Serene Grace vs Unamed
Pepeduce vs HarrisIsAwesome
Rodriblutar vs Chill Shadow
Jox
vs Quartosa
didi vs Yami
(Winner of Moutemoute vs Yay) vs fatty
lyd vs TheFenderStory
Ninjadog13
vs Miss Novelist
TheFranklin vs UltraBallz
Haru vs Pierrick
Garay oak
vs Aaronboyer
Laz vs Sabella
Midnight Howl vs Rexus
Sjneider vs Ampha
Twilight vs Mellow
Gochan vs Pak
Alpha vs Yoshi
Plas
vs Kink
Winterains vs Jaajgko
(Winner of TheJ3estPenguin vs DeadYouAre) vs maroon
Luthier vs EnzoLapras
Pamplona vs Acehunter1
Wabane vs EternalSnowman
Zorro349
vs Kebab mlml
TheLoneMusketeer vs Celysi
Mystic Master vs Corckscrew
Youngster_Bill
vs Finding True Love
Alumn vs Goomer
Xizaaa
vs Souw
Dragonflo vs Mr.Bossaru
Mikaso04 vs jake
Hockey1 vs Hamhamhamham
Sciroccoo
vs Nurul
AlvusWrath vs Acselsior13
JoPaz vs McMeghan
Eternally vs Bye 1
Count Riario vs Bye 2

Deadline: Sunday July 28th, 11:59 PM EDT
Extension Deadline: Wednesday July 24th, 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited:

Fille

Afk
is a Pre-Contributor
LCPL Champion
Calling act on B@oba, he suggested 10pm (+2 gmt) today and I agreed but I've waited for 2 hours now and he has yet to show. tagging in this here in case he has the chance to show up for 1.30pm (our time) tuesday, which might possibly work (although it's possible and atm likely I won't be able to get anymore games done until the weekend).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)