NOC The Mafia Invitational Redux Game Thread - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel like if he was scum he'd post a bunch of content and then go something like "whew, content pushed out, I don't have to think about this game for a while now since it seems like it's moving slow" and.. his posts here are like the exact opposite?
This is so accurate it hurts

why the tonal difference between nonposter A (Empoof) and nonposter B (lightwolf)?

not sure why you think scum MS cultivates his appearance he literally scum claimed like four times in the last one

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Conclusion - I want to continue engaging with Asek but his view of the gamestate is very much different from mine and I want to iron out those incongruences. If he's scum, then something that can potentially catch him here is his refusal to take into account Knight's behavior from the other game, where.. he was similar to this and flipped town. So neutral/maybe very lightly leaning scum for now, need to engage with more.
man i want to say this is like. such a weak read. proph does actually ask asek questions showing he wants answers from asek and i look forward to hawkie quoting each one and going THIS IS SUCH A FAKE QUESTION/THE ANSWER DOESNT HELP SOLVE/I CAN SMELL THE SCUM ON THIS GUYS BREATH in response l0l

but considering proph considers it scummy of me to not take hard stances yet... what does that make his wishy washy asek read? lol

I think my lynch pool is Asek and Hitmon now. I'd say Texas and Metal becoming hunting buddies is a little off kilter, but that way lies tinfoil.

GPOM after Texas and Metal start calling each other "sweetheart"

vote Asek

This is so accurate it hurts

why the tonal difference between nonposter A (Empoof) and nonposter B (lightwolf)?

not sure why you think scum MS cultivates his appearance he literally scum claimed like four times in the last one
I thought he was very town in the previous game; his massive reads wall post with the links in them really /looked/ good as opposed to actually /being/ good. Did not catch where he scumclaimed in that game.

There's no tonal difference? Besides Empoof who literally has not posted at all this game (I believe?) and LightWolf who has posted like only once.

Yeti

dark saturday
So basically I think Metal Sonic is holding a lot of his reads close to his chest but he's been pretty aggressive with his vote and feels like he's trying to solve in his own little way, by voting people, yell that they're scum, then analyze their reactions in order to actually determine their alignment? Also he just feels like he's not caring at all about he's perceived which I like. I feel like I'm townreading everyone active though, which.. maybe means that there's someone deep somewhere but not going to be worried about that for now.
i don't really like this read either. you have MS as town but stuff in your conclusion feels angled to cast him as scum and you conclude with "well since i'm TRing everyone maybe MS is who i'm wrong on" like you're set up to SR him later.

like the quotes about MS and your thing that you're going for the town!MS theory or w/e could just as easily go the other way on him imo.

Yeti

dark saturday
if asek is town and walrein is scum pay Special Attention to the people pushing for asek rn over the waleet slot when walrein had a bunch of votes

btw didnt someone just say to put proph at l-1 or did they say put asek there

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
seriously guys we have two days to use and putting someone at L-1 to give us time to either lynch them or get a concrete read is like the smartest thing we can do right now rather than scrambling near eod like normal

If I had a gun to my head and told that I'd have to guess one scum or die, I'd go with Hitmonleet over Asek because.. Walrein feels more likely to replace out as scum versus town if his meta is that polarizing, but I want to see what Hitmonleet has to offer.

i don't really like this read either. you have MS as town but stuff in your conclusion feels angled to cast him as scum and you conclude with "well since i'm TRing everyone maybe MS is who i'm wrong on" like you're set up to SR him later.

like the quotes about MS and your thing that you're going for the town!MS theory or w/e could just as easily go the other way on him imo.
Are there any reads of mine that you disagree/agree with as opposed to you criticizing the.. form of my reads? Like, what do you think about the Moody read?

WRT Metal Sonic, I want to double check the previous game to make sure my meta idea of him is correct, but I don't have a super accurate base on which to form a read off of him after he snowed me in the previous rand.

"Empoof literally has posted anything"

vs

"Nothing from LightWolf"

you're much more aggressive towards poof vs LW

makes me wonder if you're scum with LW
Not really sure what you're getting at; sure you can keep criticizing stylistic choices of mine but everyone who is currently no posting is just pretty much the same in my mind, and I just wrote out what I thought about them at the time (no posts, no posts).

I'll ask you a similar question to what I asked of Yeti: What reads in that post do you agree/disagree with? Do you think my view of the gamestate is accurate?

Texas Cloverleaf

It's not criticizing a stylistic choice

It's potentially indicative of your subconcious mindset

You have two people who are in almost identical situations yet you spoke about one more aggressively than the other, it's quite possible this is indicative of your thoughts about one vs the other as if you know their alignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)