NOC The Mafia Invitational Redux Game Thread - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm. I guess I don't disagree with you. However when it comes to intentionally being idle empoof seems the more reasonable suspect. Like why would he be active but avoid both smogon prodding and discord prodding via texas. That comes off as someone already fairly informed about the game from another source whereas if lw is intentionally idling, he'd be doing more to hide his activity and not just make a token post

Either way, the fact we are talking about who might be intentionally idling sucks. Also I still need to reread asek larger posts
What you're saying is possible but I find it significantly more likely that he simply hasn't looked at either discord or smogon

Fair

unlynch, lynch proph
consider this tentative for now until I get a chance to look at his recent posts more thoroughly. But of the 2 main wagons this seems more productive

But Hitmonleet if you don't start posting soon I'm more than fine lynching you as well

1. Why do you think Hawkie looks pretty town? Can you cite some posts that give you this read? What thoughts in particular is he echoing?

2. I know others have said this, but can you look at the substance of Asek's post over how the post looks from a first glance? Wall posts are designed to look good (mine notwithstanding).

3. Who do you actually think is scum? You're suspecting Metal Sonic and maybe Yeti for bandwagonning you, and your point about Yeti's 523 feels defensive.
  1. It's more of a gut thing, tbh, but his posts in general kind of resonate with me. For a recent example, the scenario he describes in #811 happens to me way too many times to count. #802 is also nice, though that might be bias on my part.
  2. Just got off work. Will do and post detailed thoughts in ~15 minutes.
  3. Honestly, Yeti just feels fishy to me in general, so I'm leaning scum there. MS I don't like, and Moody hasn't really posted anything I've actually liked, or even found memorable, so he's kind of scummy to me for that reason.
i want to see hitmonleet DO SOMETHING, i'll unvote him if it becomes evident he actually is town but at this point i'm not seeing it
I have been doing something. Sleeping. Speaking of doing things: Would like some clarification as to why you're voting me besides your point at the end of your wallpost.

Let's cut this up into pieces real quick:

theres an odd link between prophylaxis and koc in that proph keeps preferring to engage knights over any other player and knights keeps weirdly sucking him off and making excuses to not vote him / join the wagon. i think this has potential to be buddying either way, potentially s/s
Makes a fairly good point here. No citing or quotes or phrases, which bugs me, but he makes a substance-ish point. Throwing that shade is wierd, but considering my gut feelings on Proph rn, I can believe it.

i havent been impressed with prophylaxis response to hawkie being 'can you give reasons' (reasons are given' 'this isnt reasonable its hard to engage with you' and i dont remember them trying to push onto any alternative? its like theyre content to just trying to survive rahter then trying to push any other angle
Once again, fair point. Once again, paraphrasing and a lack of citing.

texas + proph keep doing the 'i suck at scum :'((((( ' routine and i VOMIT whenever i see this shit.
Mostly fluff, but a statement I agree with. Saying "I'm a terrible scum player" is hardly a defense against being it.

koc feels like most of their posts are gas? like they arent contributing anything to the discourse that is happening in what i think is real time conditions? like theyve definitely made a lot of posts but a lot of it is 'hm i can see you are voting x. but i dont
I need to do a more thorough read to confirm this, but it's another fair point, I think?KoC's posts seem to be a bit more than fluff recently.

metal sonic feels null but im shook since last game when i had them high tr d1 and they were scum so yeah. theyre probably town lean
Yeah fluff here imo. Yo, Asek, can you link that game for our reference?

hawkie is the most interesting case at this point. i have a decent amount of experience playing with / against town! hawkie but very little with them as scum and am relatively unsure if they can succesfully emulate the style as scum. im pretty confident in townreading them for now but Hawkie can u link me a scum game pretty please? the tunnel is probably indicative of town more than anything anyway
Another good point. They actually cite shit here, and it echoes how I've seen T!Hawkie play before.

former hopes mason thing at the start was anti town play, but theyve felt consistently tonally pure. theyre exhibiting a sense of wanting to solve moreso then most of the other slots itg during my read where reading half this shit was going through the motions instead of reading interesint / enjoyable content like the d1 of last game
Good point again. Feels oddly fluffy and unspecific though, which bothers me a lot.

im going to iso yeti to try generate a read i dont have 1 atm soz. i do remember that weird post on koc which felt like it may have been a pocket attempt. gonna stew on that
100% fluff here.

• moody popped in and their contributions seemed largely to be going along with the flow. their posts seemed innocent enough but i didnt really get any impression / read from them.

• texas claims to have been pushing people in one of his posts and generating wagons but i can remember literally 0 of their wagons taking off and generating any kind of play conductive to finding scum so lol. siting on prop whilst claiming to tr them instead of pushing any kind of alternative is retarded

• dle, empoof, walrein and lightwolf? lol
Once again, pretty fluffy, excluding Texas. Sort of a good read, but still wierd.

So, overall, I'm not sure on Asek. Still feeling a town out of gut, but kind of suspicious by the overdose of fluff.

Hitmonleet you have a vig shot you have to use now. Who and why
After thinking about it a tad bit? Lightwolf, actually. I find his lack of activity disturbing, especially considering what I've seen of him in other games. Futhermore, unlike Proph, he doesn't actually have that much of an excuse for lack of meaningfulness. And unlike Empoof, LW normally posts deep, meaningful posts somewhat often. If he actually did step up and post the mythical wallpost we're waiting for, though, I'd prolly shoot Yeti. Might be my defensiveness, but I'm still really bugged by the voting of me with a seemingly weak argument at best.

Well, that's what I'm thinking right now, at least.

Also ffs guys put either asek or proph at L-1 IDC which, let's fucking use the time we have to our advantage
I would, but I'm just paranoid that they, as scum, will just hammer themselves to cut off our chances of having any discussion today. I might be overly paranoid, but that's my personal insight.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After thinking about it a tad bit? Lightwolf, actually. I find his lack of activity disturbing, especially considering what I've seen of him in other games. Futhermore, unlike Proph, he doesn't actually have that much of an excuse for lack of meaningfulness. And unlike Empoof, LW normally posts deep, meaningful posts somewhat often. If he actually did step up and post the mythical wallpost we're waiting for, though, I'd prolly shoot Yeti. Might be my defensiveness, but I'm still really bugged by the voting of me with a seemingly weak argument at best.

Well, that's what I'm thinking right now, at least.

I would, but I'm just paranoid that they, as scum, will just hammer themselves to cut off our chances of having any discussion today. I might be overly paranoid, but that's my personal insight.
Are u kidding me

Scum

Self hammering

Literally best case scenario

Texas Cloverleaf

We have multiple people who have possible scum and plenty of time to threaten a Lynch that we can abandon if necessary

Waiting until tomorrow causes all kinds of unnecessary chaos that you know will happen with deadline looming

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
omgusing me bc you havent read any of my posts but are mad im calling out walrein for idling out as scum isnt gonna save you either l0l

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
this game feels impossible to solve unless all of lw/dle/empoof actually show up or are subbed. there's 3 posts total between them and lw and dle ahve both acknowledged they KNOW the game is going on but dle has "work" and apparently works every hour of the day he isn't sleeping bc still nothing from him.

the walrein/leet slot has like 5 posts total which is equally impossible to solve with. it's like, are we running in circles town on towning if we hunt for scum in the people actually posting? no way to know lel since the 4 people not posting have nothing to judge them on except their absences

sigh

Was going to catch up and ended up staring at page 28 with tired eyes
As of page 28 there isn't much that I'd add to what I have said earlier, fine with Leet/Proph wagons for now
will attempt to actually play this tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)