The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

That's why you Taunt it, to ensure it can't use Rest. (and have several Max Revive on hand to get Final Gambit Staraptor back to full in case it Rests on the switch)
i didn't have a taunt user and ended up wasting my master ball and catching deoxys in a poke ball when i ran out of other balls it was tough to catch

Getting Pokerus in Sun. What's so amazing, you ask?

How about getting it not through trade or transfer, but actually randomly contracting it in the game. I go to check my Xurkitree while training in the abandoned Megamart, and notice it's contracted Pokerus, and has already spread to my Incineroar and Buzzwole.

Now to spread it to some random junk to box and keep a spreadable form of this handy little virus.

just completed my 1st ever region pokedex and found myself the shiny charm. may be lucky but i hatched 20 eggs for dratini, 18 with secret ability and 2 without, but haven't got any shinies except for some last gen and a hakomo'o i found before i got the charm getting a razor claw for weavile evolution. that was ANNOYING.

I just finished these ribbon projects from five years ago:

Epsicolus

OT: Dynamis ||| ID: 23532
TIMID ||| +Levitate+
31/31/31/31/31/31 [HP Dark]
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
>>>Takes plenty of siestas<<<
-Psychic
-Grass Knot
-Thunderbolt
-Draco Meteor

Earthwyrm

OT: Arix ||| ID: 38318
JOLLY ||| +Sand Veil+
31/31/31/31/31/31 [HP Dark]
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
>>>Alert to sounds<<<
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

Omega

OT: Mythril ||| ID: 45620
ADAMANT ||| +Clear Body+
31/31/30/31/30/31 [HP Ghost]
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
>>>Mischievous<<<
-Meteor Mash
-Thunder Punch
-Brick Break
-Bullet Punch

Shinryu

OT: Mythril ||| ID: 45620
ADAMANT ||| +Air Lock+
31/31/30/31/30/31 [HP Ghost]
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
>>>Mischievous<<<
-Icy Wind
-Earth Power
-Aqua Tail
-Tailwind

40​

Epsicolus was the first one, back in mid-2011. Earthwyrm was the last of them, sort of tacked on at the end because he had some of the Battle Tower ribbons already. Omega & Shinryu are Emerald RNG projects.

All told, I can't imagine the whole process of playing through files and RNG-abusing for each Pokemon, failing repeatedly to transfer them over from file to cart (in the case of the Emerald projects), and acquiring for each one of them every ribbon it was possible for them to get, taking less than some 200 hours. These are definitely the things I'm most proud of in Pokemon. I may edit in some more details later; since I haven't had a trade thread for half a decade, I needed somewhere to put this information.

The most amazing thing for me happened with the Eon Duo in my Alpha Sapphire. As I love Lati@s and competetive battling, I soft reseted for Bold Latias with good IVs. It was rough, with the lenghty cutscene+battle and the fact you can´t use Synchronizer. So I SRd and SRd, until SHINY popped out. I was quite freaked out, since it didn´t take too long. I was going to keep it, but I was certain it´s gonna have some horrible nature. I checked the summary, and the nature turned out was Timid! Not exactly what I wanted, but certainly far, far from the worst. It´s IVs didn´t exactly sucked either, as it has 31 in HP, Sp. Attac and Sp. Defense, around 23-25 in Speed, 15 in Defense and 0 in Attack. Pretty swell, if you ask me. Could work pretty well as fast Tailwind setter and supporter with Heal Pulse, who can still dish out some damage if necessarry.
Later I managed to get my hands on Eon Ticket, so I decided to hunt for the other half of the duo. As before, I was going to SR until good one or shiny one pops up. Good thing was, I was able to use Synchronizer, also no cutscenes. Bad thing - I needed to battle him and catch every time, as I wanted to save my Master Ball for other legends. So it was SR´t, battle, catch, chceck nature, check IV´s, rinse and repeat. Until one catch. Timid nature, just like I wanted. Checked IV´s. Coudln´t belive my eyes. Checked again. It was still there. They are 31/30/31/31/31/31! Well, sure as heck I was going to keep that one! Named him Dream because of the sign next to where you battle him, which reads "Dreams are but another reality, never forget.". Helped me win lots of battles on Battle Spot, Battle Mansion and in Battle Tree.
Both of them are enjoying vacation in sunny, warm Alola.
Only thing that really bugs me is the nerf of Soul Dew.

The most amazing thing for me happened with the Eon Duo in my Alpha Sapphire. As I love Lati@s and competetive battling, I soft reseted for Bold Latias with good IVs. It was rough, with the lenghty cutscene+battle and the fact you can´t use Synchronizer. So I SRd and SRd, until SHINY popped out. I was quite freaked out, since it didn´t take too long. I was going to keep it, but I was certain it´s gonna have some horrible nature. I checked the summary, and the nature turned out was Timid! Not exactly what I wanted, but certainly far, far from the worst. It´s IVs didn´t exactly sucked either, as it has 31 in HP, Sp. Attac and Sp. Defense, around 23-25 in Speed, 15 in Defense and 0 in Attack. Pretty swell, if you ask me. Could work pretty well as fast Tailwind setter and supporter with Heal Pulse, who can still dish out some damage if necessarry.
Later I managed to get my hands on Eon Ticket, so I decided to hunt for the other half of the duo. As before, I was going to SR until good one or shiny one pops up. Good thing was, I was able to use Synchronizer, also no cutscenes. Bad thing - I needed to battle him and catch every time, as I wanted to save my Master Ball for other legends. So it was SR´t, battle, catch, chceck nature, check IV´s, rinse and repeat. Until one catch. Timid nature, just like I wanted. Checked IV´s. Coudln´t belive my eyes. Checked again. It was still there. They are 31/30/31/31/31/31! Well, sure as heck I was going to keep that one! Named him Dream because of the sign next to where you battle him, which reads "Dreams are but another reality, never forget.". Helped me win lots of battles on Battle Spot, Battle Mansion and in Battle Tree.
Both of them are enjoying vacation in sunny, warm Alola.
Only thing that really bugs me is the nerf of Soul Dew.
Uh, you can Synchronize the first one. 100%, even. The Synch just has to stay in your party until you can check the Lati@s' summary. (I did it for my Latios, even enduring countless times of Courtney's "slurp" after beating her and the Magma Grunt)

Haven't seen much action in this thread but I wanted to swing by and show an incredible shiny I got about a month ago!

I hunted the first of the two Blacephalons you can get in Poni Grove sometime in December and got a Shiny Timid one and was very happy with it. I decided to go after the second one a few months later and planned to keep resetting until it was a Shiny (1 in 1,365) with a Timid nature (50% chance w/ Synchronizer) and HP Ice (11.875% chance for legendaries with 3 perfect IVs). I knew this was going to take me quite a few Shiny Blacephalons, but if I were to hunt on and off for a few months and was able to get maybe 2-3 per month, it would eventually happen lol...i hoped.

So about a HALF HOUR into the hunt and under 100 resets, I run into a shiny. I was definitely excited, but again figured i'd be resetting over many shiny Blacephalons that aren't Timid or don't have HP Ice. But I was excited to run into one this quickly. I go to a Pokemon Center to check the nature and IVs and I was blown away. 5 PERFECT IVs! AND IT WAS TIMID :D So while this does not equal HP Ice I think this is just as incredible, especially considering how it took me about a half hour into a hunt that I thought was going to take months. Check out some pictures of it below and thanks for reading!

First picture was taken recently at level 100, the second and third are from the day I got it at level 60 :)

ShinyBlacephalon2Pics.jpegimage2.jpegimage1.jpeg

I was breeding for shiny Gastly, using Masuda Method. Everything went ok, and after a few days, my shiny hatched. I checked his IVs, and what did I see:

20180424_113709.jpg

I was speechless, flawless shiny Gastly! What are the odds of that? Anyway as evidenced by the photo, I EV trained her, slapped some Gengarite and voilá...

20180424_113643.jpg

Then I looked at her characteristic. And I was even more suprised. I turned out she is Mischievous, which suits Gengars personality very well.
20180424_113729.jpg

As you can see, this girl is really, really special. Already helped me reach 1750 rating on Battle Spot Doubles. So, what more can I do to make her even more special? Well, she is a girl, so she surely would love some accessories. Namely Ribbons. There are not too many ribbons in Alola. Footprint ribbon and Frienship Ribbon were a breeze. One League rematch later and she got her Champion of Alola ribbon. It was easy pwning the league with my transfered level 100s. This was the easy part. Now for the harder.
Aside from that story mode tutorial, this was my first experience with Battle Royal. Took me a few tries, but finally managed to snag that Master Rank with my team of Azumarill, Greninja and Gengar. Well, it wasn´t great or well-touhgt out team, and it was slapped together from the things I had and tought might work. It took at least 2-3 tries for each level, but finally managed to win the Master Rank. Battle Royal ribbon was ours.
Now, onto the biggest challenge. Battle Tree. Thankfully this is not gen4, where every mode has separate ribbon, so any type of battle will do. As I am primarily doubles battler, and have most experience in this type, I choose the Doubles Challenge. As a personal challenge, I wanted to do this without looking at the trainer catalogues. For this match, I chose 4 pokemon that are doing the most work in Battle Spot Doubles. I know, this is different, but I needed some starting point. It consisted of Raichu(kantonian) with Endeavor, Fake Out, Volt Tackle and Encore from the PGL event. Encore works well with mega Gengars Shadow Tag. Next of course Gengar, with Protect, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb and Destiny Bond. My back row consisted of Breloom (Protect, Spore, Mach Punch and Bullet Seed, holding Focus Sash) and Bisharp (Protect, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Iron Head, with Life Orb).
As this was my first time in USUM Battle Tree, I was suprised that the level restriction in classic battles was gone. At first I tought it was a glicht, but quick search showed me that in normal battles only opponents have set levels, and that you can use mythicals. Thanks to this, normal Doubles was a breeze, as my Raichu is level 100 (because I needed to Hyper Train him). It didn´t took long and the first Battle Tree ribbon was ours. Now comes the hardest part. No longer will I have level advantage, but also the battles will be harder. I mean, I could look onto some teams that are great for Battle Tree and use Gengar only for the final battle, but I wanted to do all 50 battles with my four pokemon. And, as I said, no looking at the trainer lists or damage calcs. Well, it was hard. It took me several days playing. I was getting frustrated. I am patient girl, but it was testint me to my limits. I still remember Wally with his Scarfchomp (didn´t help that 3 of my pokes are weak to ground) at battle 30. I didn´t know it has Scarf. Later I faced him again and his scarfed ground/dragon wasn´t a problem, because I was expecting it. And I won´t forget battle 39, where in the end it was Mega Glalie and Kangaskhan against my Bisharp (who had half health). It would have been better, if that Glalie didn´t get double Protect before. I was certain I was gonna lose. I knew Kanga was faster then my Bisharp. But then Glalie went boom! It took with her Kangaskhan and my Bisharp. I tought I lost and was almost willing to throw my DS on the wall, but... somehow I won? I guess it was because my Bisharp was slowest she died last? Don´t know, don´t care. Ten battles later and I was facing Blue. He started with his Alakazam and Tyranitar. I needed to get rid of Alakazam, in case it Megaevolves and outspeed my Gengar. So, Fake out and Shadow Ball into Zam. To my suprise, it was Ttar who was mega. Alakazam went down, and after Payback, so did my Gengar. My answer do megaTar was of course Breloom. Blue switched in his Gyarados (luckily no Intimidate). I knew Mach Punch won´t OHKO megaTar, so I Spored him. Went Volt Tackle onto Gyara. It turned out he had Electric resist Berry, but even with it he went down in one hit. Ttar was nicely snoring. His last was Arcanine (luckily again no Intimidate). Well, Mach Punch and Volt Tackle should take care of him. And even in case TTar wakes up, he would be able to KO only one of my mons, so I should be in OK shape. Arcanine went for Extremespeed into Raichu, which KOed him (thanks to recoil from killing Gyarados). Welp. Mach Punch did some good damage. Luckily TTar was still sleeping. I send out Bisharp. I was certain it will go for fire attack, so Mach Punch and Sucker punch will ko it. Which it did. Ttar was still asleep, thank Gods. So now it was just Mach Punch into Iron Head and victory was mine! Ufff! I don´t want to see Battle Tree for a long time. It was just shame that Gengar didn´t do much in the last battle, only killing Alakazam, and get killed in return. But that´s OK. I managed to get 50 win streak with my Battle Spot Doubles team, and without looking at trainer catalogues! I´d say it´s a pretty big success. I got stamp into my passport, but more importantly, all 4 of my pokemon got Ribbons. And you know what that means.

20180424_113726.jpg

They suit her, don´t they? Now the only thing missing is a good nickname and training to level 100, but it will come in time.

Attachments

RossW

formerly TerraWard19
RNG a flawless 31/31/15/31/31/0 Relaxed Shiny Stakataka after SRing and advancing for about a week, lost it after I pressed A too many times on accident and I had an abra leading my team so it automatically hit teleport. One of my greatest and saddest accomplishments.

Definitely catching this old pair of mine. Back in Gen 5, I RNG'd this bloke:

31/31/30/31/31/31 IVs, HP Ice. Now, I did this a lot before they changed the way the RNG works, so he's not that big of a deal in and of himself. No, the big deal was when I figured I'd immediately use my new baby to catch the in-game Uxie just to try him out, and:

31/31/31/x/31/31 IVs. Not RNG'd for. Apparently, she just wanted in on the attention. o_O

Here I am with another accomplishment. I was browsing through my pokemon Bank, when I spotted this beauty:

20190127_193907 - kopie.jpg

See anything unusuall? Yep, she has the move Cotton Guard, which normally Shupette/Banette can´t learn. Only Banette with this move was distributed wia Dream World in the 2011 as a Halloween gift. My is from PAL region (as I live in Europe), where the distribution was even shorter. Apparently I soft reseted for Adamant nature and trained her to lvl 100, so even back then I had to know how rare this pokemon is. Anyway, by the looks of it, I transfered her to pokeBank so she would be safe in case I want to restart my game, and left there for several years, without getting her to gen6/7 games. Well, that was about to change.

20190127_193810 - kopie.jpg

When I looked at her, I realized something. This is pretty rare pokemon. And with good nature. Also one that can mega evolve. So why not go one step further and spice her up with ribbons?
As I didn´t yet transfered her to newer games, she was free to go to Kalos, Hoenn or Alola. My first stop was Hoenn. I checked her and by the looks of it, my past self even EV trained her. Great. I went first for the easy ribbons - Effort and Daily. I was afraid I wouldn´t be able to get the Footprint ribbon, as she was level 100 when I sent her to Hoenn, but no. The guy actually acknowledged I got her at lvl 37! Great!
Next I maxed out her contest stats. I can´t believe how easy it was in ORAS. Contest were fairly easy, mainly thanks to them maxed stats. I also finalized her moveset, giving her Shadow Claw instead of Shadow Ball and Will-o-Wisp instead of Hex.
Pokemon Amie was also a breeze. I have to say, I much prefer Amie over Refresh, and thats mainly because of them minigames. What can I say, I like them!
Then came the harder ones. Super Training and Battle Maison. I got into Super Training first. You can imagine my dismay, when I found out you need to get medals even in secret Super training, which means 12 more courses. And they are HARD. Finally I managed to beat it in alloted time and got all the medals. That one Blackbelt guy near the Brawlys gym was pretty impressed and rewarded Banette with Training Ribbon. Good. Now the only ones from Hoenn that were missing were the Royal/Gorgeous ones, Honenn Champ and Maison. Hoenn Champion was quite easy, and I needed to grind money for the three pricey ribbons anyway. After that, I realized we need to make a quick detour to Kalos. Just for a little while, to get only Kalos exclusive ribbon, the Kalos Champ one. That done, Banette returned back to Hoenn and I started to think about strategies for Maison.
I was only happy that - unlike in gen 4 - you only get two ribbons, Skillfull and Expert Battler, regardless of the type of battles you pick. In gen 4, there was ribbon for EVERY type of battles. Anyway, I chose Singles, because it seemed to be the easiest. Single battles were a breeze. Super Singles not so much. My first strategy was simply to plow through with sheer force. Didn´t work out. My second strategy was Shell Smash Focus Sash Cloyster. Also didn´t work out. So in the end I decided on TruAnt strategy with Haxorus. I used Haxorus because of Mold Breaker (no Sturdy, thank you) and Dual Chop (also no Focus Sash). It worked pretty well and on my third try I faced the Battle Chatelaine. I knew her team (Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus), so I switched back to Cloyster. Victory was pretty easy. So, all the ribbons secured here, all that remains is to go to sunny Alola.
Here we have only few new ribbons to get, namely Alola Champ, Battle Royal one and two from Battle tree. The first one was doozy. The second one took a few tries, but it was quite all right. As I was doing this in Ultra Sun, Singles battle tree was also super easy. Not so much Super Singles. I soon found out that it is harder than Maison, for a few reasons. First, AI gets smarter. Second, wider variety of pokemon they use. Third, they use Z-Moves and megas. Well, so can I. First, I tried Cloyster again. Nope, didn´t work. Next I used Durant (with mega Salamence this time) - no, also didn´t work, mainly because of Focus Sash Weavile and generally more pokemon that can´t be Entrained - namely Komala, Mimikyu and mainly Wishiwashi. In the end, I succeeded with brute force team, consisting of mega Salamence, Greninja and Mimkyu. Fine, but when I get to Red, I need Banette here.
So, for the 50th battle, I used Cloyster (again), Raichu with Lighting rod (to sponge electric attack and deal with Charizard, Lapras and Blastoise) and Banette. It started well. I sent out Cloyster, he Venusaur. Great. I set up Shell Smash. He uses Sludge Bomb. Brings me down to sash. And POISONS. So, Cloysetr died and Raichu with Banette couldn´t save the battle. Lost. So close and I lost because of stupind poison. Ok, time to grind that stupid tree again. After a while, I got back to Red. He led again with Saur, I with Cloyster. I Shell Smash, he Energy Balls (why didn´t he do this before???). I kill Saur. Next comes Snorlax. Yay. I was certain, that I bring him to low HP, but won´t kill. Icicle Spear. Well, no Sitrus, and it would be close but... he died??? Yay! Next comes Blastoise and victory is in sight. I use Rock Blast, brings him to about 75%. He uses Hydro Pump, which reveals that he is the Custap Berry set. Anyway, Hydro Pump whittles down that 1 HP Cloyster had left (overkill much there, Red???), and I sent out Raichu. I don´t know if he is in a Berry range, so I Protect just to be safe. Nope, no Berry activates. Next turn it is Thunderbolt and bye bye a go go Blastois. Finally, after several weeks of trying (and putting up with shenenigans like Rock Blast missing 3 times in a row, while opponents Focus Blast hits every time, Quick Claw activating 3 times in a row, Sing never missing (I hate you, Wallys Altaria!!!) and other nice things like that), Battle tree is conquered. I get nice stamp but more importantly, Banette gets her ribbon.
And here she is, blast from the past with all her accessories attached.

20190127_193816 - kopie.jpg

20190127_193830 - kopie.jpg

Let me just tell you one thing. I HATE BATTLE MAISON AND TREE WITH A PASSION!!!!

Getting third place worldwide in the Unova Classic online competition. Probably my most notable placement yet, especially since 6th gen was when I started competetive battling. Best part was that I used an Octillery! Yes, Octillerly, holding a Choice Specs with Water Spout, Ice Beam, Energy Ball, and Fire Blast. In fact, I even wrote my common App essay on it. As a result, I got into Maryland Institute College of Art, Otis College of Design, and Pacific Northwest College of Art. The former two are some of my top choices. Here's the Essay:

Attachments

When it comes to what I personally consider the most amazing thing I have done in Pokémon, there are two things that stand out.

The first one is about battling in Battle Facilities. That is one of my favorite things to do in the Pokémon games ever since I got started with it back in 2006 thanks to the Emerald Battle Frontier. There are many situations I could talk about, but what I think is one of the most serious ones is when I battled at the Battle Tree in S/M during the summer of 2017. It was a bit of an odd and unplanned situation. My main goals were to beat all the lines and get the three stamps, but also to win 200 battles in a row on one of the lines in order to get the Starf and Lansat Berries. I was using two different teams (one on each game) while trying to win 200 at Super Double, which I had chosen since I prefer Double over Single in Battle Facilities. On Moon, I had a feeling that my team could make it, but I lost a few times in various situations and wasn't sure if I would make it to 200. On Sun, I lost three times before I even got up to Blue, which made me unsure about my team there. But I decided to try once more on each game. And this time, I made it all the way, to my own big surprise. I decided to do it very seriously with extreme concentration, usually only doing 10 battles a day on each game in order to keep my sanity and not make any mistakes. Once I was done, I had battled so much at the Battle Tree that I had forgotten that the rest of the games even existed. Looking back at this now, it was very memorable. And despite the fact that I reached my goal, it drained my self-confidence a bit as I was feeling unsure about myself and my skills at Battle Facilities. This later got reflected in the post I made for the S/M Tree, where I got a bit melancholic when talking about my experiences with the Tree. While I have done many amazing things at various Battle Facilities throughout the years, this is the one thing I personally think is the most impressive.

The second thing is a bit more complicated. It was when I learned and mastered Entralink RNG in B/W. I had always planned to RNG the Event Porygon and Arceus that were released through Dream World events in 2012. But it took a while before I got around to it because I was very busy with other things. I also procrastinated on it forever since I had heard that Entralink RNG was supposed to be really hard. I finally got around to it in mid-early 2015 as I had nothing better to do then, so I just decided to try to get it done. It was rather hard to learn at first. I knew how to hit delays thanks to already knowing how to RNG on Gen 4, but here, I had to hit exactly 1/60 of a second as opposed to 1/30 of a second in Gen 4. Then I had to get the right Nature as well, which made things tricky. The Nature was determined by the Standard Seed, while the IVs was determined by the C-Gear Seed, which meant I had to hit two different Seeds at once. I eventually caught all four Pokémon that I had planned to get, and I learned a lot in the process. From what I remember, not everything I had to do was written in the guides I used, so I had to figure out some things on my own. One of them was how to calibrate EonTimer for Entralink RNG. This was very tricky at first, but I managed to figure it out. Getting the last Pokémon I was after (Arceus on White) with the right Nature and IVs was also tough because I used seeds with a high delay AND a long waiting time for the Nature I wanted, making each attempt take about 5 minutes or so. But I had full control over what I was doing, and I was so happy when I got everything right in the end. Looking back, I feel rather sad that I will never get to do anymore Entralink RNG in B/W since Dream World closed down many years ago. While Entralink RNG was hard, it was also very fun and enjoyable, and I would like to do it again if given the opportunity. To summarize, I consider learning and mastering Entralink RNG in B/W to be one of my most hardcore Pokémon moments ever.

Those are what I think are the most amazing things I have ever done in Pokémon.

I don’t have near the awesome moments y’all have, but my crazy awesome moment is catching Xerneas in a Beast Ball in Ultra Sun. Probably the best pair of Pokémon and Poke Ball I have, and I can team it up with an XYZ Yveltal in a Cherish Ball I traded for soon after.

I did RNG Abuse shiny Magnemite with wrong HP, making it worthless to me. Instead of releasing it I did send it away with Wonder Trade.

Now I'm left with lingering thoughts... who was this person? Young, old, something in between? How much does he/she know about pokémon? Was it his/hers first shiny perhaps? Was he/she happy or angry? Does he/she think that this Magnemite was hacked and maybe released it?

Only 2 things are certain. Someone got surprised and I got Raticate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)