The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

On my first run on Sapphire:

1. Didn't buy any revive and potions when trying to beat the elite 4.

2. I didn't dare to use TM BrickBreak on Hariyama because I believe that there are better pokemon to use it on. But then, I never found that pokemon and I was stuck at the first elite.

3. Went on to catch 3 Regis and think that I can easily sweep elite 4 but i was wrong. Again, I didn't want to buy potions and revives.

I was able to beat the elite 4 after i convince myself that using potions and revive is nesessary.

This was half a year ago... I caught a staryu in black2 then I went to the metal dude in the pokemon center and what do you know I get a pokerus discoverer medal so I freak out and battle my pokemon like crazy to get boosted stats. I go back the next day and no more pokerus... I looked up evs and pokerus later... I cried.

I can think of three things right now, (they were when I was a lot younger):
1: I always used to get stuck in Cerulean City for some reason, and so I would level grind. Needless to say, when I finally found out how to "escape," I had a definite advantage over most other trainers for quite some time! :P
2: I think I used my Master Ball on a Snorlax (not as bad as some other Pokémon, but still...)
3: I had a bunch of Ponytas, Rattatas, etc. in my PC (remember, this was the Gen 1 PC system), so, instead of sorting through that difficult, confusing system, I just restarted the game (I didn't lose much, at least!).

Also, I'm not sure if this would exactly be facepalm worthy, but an interesting experience from Emerald:
I actually beat Tate and Liza with my Vigoroth that used DynamicPunch. Yep (then again, Solrock and Lunatone don't have Fighting-type resistances).

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wanted a Seviper on my black version to glare legendaries into submission, but forgot you could straight up catch them so looked for one on the GTS. One guy wanted a level 20+ Tepig, easy. I bred my Emboar and attached my exp share to level the little guy up. I beat a level 60~ something Audino and it went from 1-28 (!). Excited I went back to the GTS and traded. I quickly realised I didn't get my exp share back!

If you're reading this OT JAY I hope you use it for good, and not evil

My first Pokemon game was blue. I beated the game using only a blastoise with surf, hydro pump, bubble beam and ice beam...I didn't even had a flyer LOL.

My other stupid moment was trading the Ho-oh from colosseum for a dragonite...

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I can think of three things right now, (they were when I was a lot younger):
1: I always used to get stuck in Cerulean City for some reason, and so I would level grind. Needless to say, when I finally found out how to "escape," I had a definite advantage over most other trainers for quite some time! :P
2: I think I used my Master Ball on a Snorlax (not as bad as some other Pokémon, but still...)
3: I had a bunch of Ponytas, Rattatas, etc. in my PC (remember, this was the Gen 1 PC system), so, instead of sorting through that difficult, confusing system, I just restarted the game (I didn't lose much, at least!).

Also, I'm not sure if this would exactly be facepalm worthy, but an interesting experience from Emerald:
I actually beat Tate and Liza with my Vigoroth that used DynamicPunch. Yep (then again, Solrock and Lunatone don't have Fighting-type resistances).
I always get stuck in Violet City back in Crystal.
Oh, and I thought I had to catch at least 10 different Unowns to pass-- but it wasn't. Just me being poor at navigation.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Went into the Lugia cave in Crystal without a Pokemon that use Flash.
I thought I would be fine-- I was NOT.
I then restarted the game.

Many years later, some boys told me that I should have stared at the screen carefully because there is a difference in the shade, and that many other boys did it without Flash Pokemon.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Once upon a time, little 8 year old me found a hoppip in FireRed version. I had found plenty of hoppip's before, but they were all red and green. This one was rather peculiar, as it appeared fully green and not just red. It also had this wierd sparkly thing, so i thought something must be wrong.

I reset the game, because I thought it was some glitch (though i did not know the word glitch at the time but ssh)

about 2 years later i found it... it was a shiny hoppip

GOSH FLIPPIN DARN IT >:'(

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
I found a shiny Gastly in Sprout Tower on Pokemon Heart Gold and I caught it. But this was on a new save file after I started the game over, and it wouldn't let me save because in the 4th gen games you could only save a new file after deleting your previous one by pressing Up, Select, and B and it ONLY works at the title screen, which I couldn't access without resetting the game and losing my Shiny Gastly. I was so heartbroken. :(

I know this is sort of an old thread but I'm trying to get more familiar with the forums so I'm reading here and there. ^_^

I was in a trainer battle in leaf green and had to go get dinner so I just put my GBA down and left it there. When I came back I wanted the pokemon (I believe it was a dragonite or something it has been 9 years since this happened so I forget the exact details on that) and used my masterball only to have it swatted away. It was the first time I ever raged at a video game

I was about 7 and I just got off the S.S Anne after getting the Cut HM. The ship set sail and I thought I just broke something (Because in the Anime, they stay on the ship as it's sailing). I started crying because I thought I just failed the game and there would be no way for me to continue.

I was like that for about two hours till I realized I could still advance.

If we're talking recently, a few weeks ago I had a Ninetales set up Sunny Day on a Politoad and then I switched in my Porygon 2 with Trace ><

In gen 4, I challenged the battle hall. I used my Choiced Banded Infernape. I had no idea what competitive was. I was on a streak. Until I selected to fight a steel type. I accidentally used Rock Climb (A very bad move) on the Mawhile. And then, I died

I lost to my rival in pokemon yellow, in viridian city enough times to have my pikachu level 25, so I could beat brock.... I did this cause mankey looked retarded

About eight years ago I was playing LeafGreen and I thought I could clone Pokemon by switching off the GBA halfway through a trade.

The save file got deleted. My friend whom I traded with wasn't pleased, to say the least

>be 12
>be playing pokemon emerald, waiting outside daycare for brother to finish getting ready to leave
>see shiny zigzagoon in the grass
>holy shit!
>catch it
>admire it for a while and don't save the game right away
>continue
>about five minutes later, bump cartridge slightly with knee
>game freezes
>mfw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)