The next batch of pokes we get...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I heartily agree with the pro-Mantine people. So much potential, and with a little tweaking, could do excellently.

To demonstrate that potential, Mantyke has the same SD as Arceus, Tentacruel, Mr. Mime, Giratina, Palkia, Kecleon, and Claydol, and better than Bronzong, Hypno, Suicune, Gardevoir, and other things. And that's just Mantyke.

Sadly, Mantine does need an evolution. It would be so broken if it had better HP. Just better HP. Blissey does just fine with shitty physical defense, but if Mantine had better HP, then it would be epic win.

-More freaking Rapid Spinners. Or make a new move act like Rapid Spin. Having only 17 FE Pokemon that know Rapid Spin (and even less that are actually usable) while you have a bajillion Stealth Rockers isn't what I would call balanced.

-Fix The Fire and Ice problem. There are a whopping two Fire Pokemon in OU, and an even more stellar ONE Ice Pokemon in OU. You know SOMETHING is wrong with the type chart. Either that, or just make better Fire and Ice Pokemon that have good resists or something. Pure Fire Pokemon just have horrid weaknesses, and most dual type Fire Pokemon have some sort of 4x weakness. Ice just needs at least like one more resist.

Sadly, Mantine does need an evolution. It would be so broken if it had better HP. Just better HP. Blissey does just fine with shitty physical defense, but if Mantine had better HP, then it would be epic win.
Mantyke -> Mantine -> Mandult?

Also, better special wall alternatives to Blissey and better physical fire-type moves are two things I wish were prevalent. And I support the call for more Rapid Spinners, seeing as how now we've got spikes, toxic spikes AND stealth rock, its a rather prevalent thing in the metagame.

IMHO, all Mantine needs is Volt Absorb.

Hopefully next game there can be pricy ability Tutors that can teach certain Pokemon a different ability. Perhaps Mantine getting Volt Absorb costs at least 3 Thunderstones, lotsa Heart Scales and maybe a Thunder TM and some money.

IMHO, all Mantine needs is Volt Absorb.

Hopefully next game there can be pricy ability Tutors that can teach certain Pokemon a different ability. Perhaps Mantine getting Volt Absorb costs at least 3 Thunderstones, lotsa Heart Scales and maybe a Thunder TM and some money.
That would be so broken. Gyarados would be unbeatable.

Some weaker pokemon could use evos, like Luvdisc and Chimecho and other fairly useless pokemon. Make things more interesting.

It might be too late, but could Poison be salvaged as an attacking type? Less resists and more supereffectives would be nice. Grass could use help as an attacking type as well, or on defense too really. Ice could have a weakness or two removed, or gain additonal resists.

Stealth Rock really imbalances types as well, RIP Articuno, Moltres, and Charizard. Maybe additonal attacking types instead of just rock, or perhaps more ways to spin.

Blissey totally outclasses any special wall in the game, this should be fixed.

New type pairings would be nice for more variety.
I chuckled to myself thinking how funny it would be if Luvdisc evolved into something like Deathcube or whatever...

Anyways, Blissey needs to get nerfed. Yeah, sure, there's tons of new hard hitting physical attackers, but it's starting to get boring to see the same stats come in a different physical package everytime.

More pokemon need recovery moves. I think that giving Mantine Roost would make it 10x better. It could be a great special wall.

I also propose this move:

Repair
5 PP
EFFECT: Heals half the users HP and restores status.
Guys who learn it: Regice, Regicrock, Registeel, Bronzong, Fortress, Burmy

Giving d00ds stuff that negates SR, or nerfing SR would help. The whole 1 turn thing really is cheap. I mean, one turn and every ice, flying, bug and fir type loses 25-50% HP. It's ridiculous.

Maybe if it took 3 turns to set up... and wasn't type based. It'd be like spikes except it wouldn't affect rock, steel, and ground types.

Lastly, I think ice should resist Water and Dragon as well. It'd make it a better type.

That would be so broken. Gyarados would be unbeatable.
Where do you get Gyarados from Mantine? I didn't say every creature would have access to this either or the same abilities. Some might have new things to learn, others won't have anything. Some creatures might have two or more choice abilities to tutor.

i already did the math and made a thread about when the next gen should come out, should be 17-23 months, if nintendo follows there current pattern

I heard that they already made the pokes. But you know, they have to make the game itself and the story and the sprites and everything else you have to do in a pokemon game.
Thats awesome, where did you hear that?

Making the pokes is probably more effort than making the game, but seriously, any idea when the next will come out?

I want a flying eveelution, Propulseon, make it fastt.

i already did the math and made a thread about when the next gen should come out, should be 17-23 months, if nintendo follows there current pattern
link pls?

Grass/Steel could be an upgrade for Tropius. Wings become jets, has levitate, etc. Normal/Ghost, Farfetched evo that's Fighting/Flying, Electric/Bug, Ice/Bug, Dark/Bug, tons of stuff I could say.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ice type Stealth Rock! *gets shot*

I actually like AA's Modded Fruit Grove, which is laid on your side of the feild and heals 12% for grass types and 6% for everything else during switchins. Trouble is Rapid Spin removes it on your side of the field.

They'll be another fire, water, and grass starter.

Currently we've got:

Venusaur: Middle of the road mid-speed Subseeder
Meganium: Mixed wall, now with Aromatherapy. Crappy typing though.
Sceptile: Theoretically a massively fast special sweeper, but it's more mixed now.
Torterra: Heavily weighted towards physical tank.

Every fire type is either a special sweeper or a mixed sweeper, cept the infamous Bellyzard.

Blastoise: Spinner, mixed wall-esque.
Feraligatr: Physical sweeper
Swampert: Mixed wall of sorts.
Empoleon: Leans towards special tank.

So given this, the grasser is a total toss-up, the fire type is almost assuredly a sweeper of some kind, and the water type will probably lean defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)