Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

The notorious and destructive Reuniclus we all know. With the power of Life Orb + Magic Guard under Trick Room, Reuniclus can easily sweep late game. Psyshock is a powerful STAB that can hit special walls that can be troubling to TR Reuniclus. However, Psychic > Psyshock can be used to hit bulky grounds such as Hippowdon, Garchomp, or Lando-T harder. Focus Blast allows Reuniclus to not be countered by Dark types. Like Focus Miss Blast, Shadow Ball also helps against Psychic types, like Slowbro, Mew, and others. 0 Speed IV's and a Quiet nature allow the Fetus to be as slow as possible, so it can dominate other slow mons with it's minimal speed.

oh, and happy holidays!

Last edited:

Reuniclus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Psyshock / Trick
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

With its impressive SpA and bulk and access to future sight and regenerator, Reuniclus makes a decent choice specs user, turning it into a powerful hit-and-run nuke which regains health every time it switches out making it extremely difficult to take down. Future sight is the key move here which deals massive damage and forces the opponent into extremely predictable plays giving you the upper hand. Trick can be used to cripple an opposing wall or psyshock for immediate damage and hit special walls such as Chansey harder.

Last edited:
The OTR set might not be listed in Reuni's OU analysis, but it's still completely standard, so I'm not sure if it fits with the point of this thread...

AV + Future Sight Reuniclus

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpA / 112 SpD
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Niche set but effective. The crux is to abuse Future Sight, utilising the significant switch-in opportunities afforded by Assault Vest and Regenerator, while blanket checking almost the entire special meta. Faces competition from AV Slowking, but distinguishes itself with its significantly higher damage output and lack of a key Electric (and to a lesser extent, Grass) weakness.

This set pairs nicely with Keldeo (among others), which can utilise Future Sight effectively while switching comfortably into common responses to Reuniclus. Psyshock is chosen over Psychic to 2HKO Zard-Y, check CM Keld, pressure dedicated special walls etc, while Focus Blast and Shadow Ball provide best coverage. Knock Off can be used over Shadow Ball if M-Gard is not a concern, however.

The given EV spread avoids 2HKO's from M-Gardevoir and Specs Keldeo, and can switch into any coverage move from Zard-Y with Rocks up and tank a subsequent Fire Blast.

Last edited:
Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

twave is the god move. you cripple dark types that try to come in to check reuniclus, instead of trying to rely on a nonsense 70% hit rate. also very useful in general utility. could run some speed to outspeed paralyzed mons too, i'll edit the spread later if i find a useful one.

Future Sight Reuniclus

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Life Orb Reuniclus aka Fetus hits like a truck. Some basic ass moves with hp fire to beat mons like scizor, etc. The main point is Future Sight. It hurts like a truck. And mons without dark types get hit by dis and force mons like steel types to come out which the mons that shit on the steel type can switch in. If there r dark types then it allows u to switch in to something that checks/counters that dark type pokemon like keldeo or some crap. 144 Speed is to outspeed hippowdon. Btw dis was originally suppose to be specs but then bendiving reserved it and I was too fucking lazy to reserve shit >_>. Basically Future Sight kills the opponents momentum if they have the upper hand.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
The OTR set might not be listed in Reuni's OU analysis, but it's still completely standard, so I'm not sure if it fits with the point of this thread.
Honestly I do know that Offensive Trick Room Reuniclus is quite Standard, HOWEVER it is not in the Smogdex for OU making it fine to use as a set to post here. As long as it's not the Calm Mind Reuniclus set on the Smogdex for OU, I am fine with it.

Bulky Screens Reuniclus (Jellybean Screens)

Reuniclus @ Leftovers/ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Bold Nature
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Focus Blast
-Psychic

This Reuniclus set functions as a reliable screens setter that can come in multiple times throughout a game thanks to regenerator. The EV's help it take as many hits as possible, notably from dark-types (It's fat enough to live Jolly Life Orb Bisharp's Knock Off from full HP). Focus Blast hits the aforementioned dark-types hard, even without investment, and compliments Psychic as Reuniclus's main STAB. Recover is usable over one of the attacking moves, but isn't necessary. Lefties vs Light Clay depends on whether you prefer Reuniclus' longevity or the longevity of the screens it sets.

Last edited:

Reuniclus @ Colbur Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Useful. Trust me.

Flame Orb Reuniclus

Reuniclus @ Flame Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Simple set with the addition of the combination of Trick + Flame Orb to halve the Atk of some switch-ins -this thing doesn't have Will o' Wisp- and you have the possibility to catch a useful item (i.e. Leftovers or Life Orb) with prediction.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Knock-Off Reuniclus

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Knock Off
- Recover

This set here works in the same vein as running Knock-Off on either Alakazam or Gengar which is effective in crippling switch-ins such as chansey or other bulky threats through the loss of their item. However, what is nice about reuniclus is that it can run Life Orb without incurring the recoil and as such can deal surprising amounts of damage to super-effective targets such as Latios and Latias. The Ev's are standard defensive Ev's that could be tailored to ones tastes but for now help take minimal damage physically.

Last edited:
Sub + 3 attacks reuniclus
Reuniclus Life Orb
Ability: Magic guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SPA / 4 SPD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fighting

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor
- Psyshock

Works pretty similar as Barrier Musharna in NU. Obviously needs Dark types removed (which is in any case needed when using Reuniclus) but after that it can be really difficult to stop because it can boost on both defensive sides. Unlike Double Dance Slowbro it's not easily stopped by status (or isn't deadweight for 2 turns like Rest sets) and unlike garbage Cosmic Power Clefable it has pretty good damage output. I don't really remember where I used this spread for but iirc it was to win against Jolly Zard-X 1v1.

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Recover

The main benefit of Signal Beam is allowing Reuniclus to super effectively hit Hoopa-U, who otherwise has little to be afraid of when switching in. Like Shadow Ball, it still retains coverage over psychic types like Slowbro and Celebi, while hitting Mega Sableye neutrally as well. Although Signal Beam can't hit Metagross and Jirachi as hard as Shadow Ball, it makes up for that by giving Reuniclus the option to hit Weavile and Tyranitar for decent damage, and Bisharp neutrally on the switch, even if only for 32.4 - 38.3%. Even though this won't come into play very often, Signal Beam also has a 10% confusion chance, which could always work in your favor with some luck!

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Shit, I was having too much fun on my Wii U...Voting starts now and will end in 48 Hours! Here are your choices:

Trick Room Reuniclus
Choice Specs Reuniclus
AV+Future Sight Reuniclus
Thunder Wave Reuniclus
Future Sight Reuniclus
Screens Reuniclus
Colbur Berry Reuniclus
Flame Orb Reuniclus
Knock Off Reuniclus
Heal Block Reuniclus
Sub+3 Attacks Reuniclus
Acid Armor+Calm Mind Reuniclus
Signal Beam Reuniclus

Trinitrotoluene why did you have to leave when I just got Splatoon ;~;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)