The Next Best Thing...

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
CoolStoryBrobat

Screech Flygon and Metal Sound Zapdos have worked in the past, don't see a reason this can't.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I like TPO3's set, it just seems too outclassed by the other special attackers in the tier. It's definitely worth noting as a good set for Crobat to have, but it's not that revolutionary. Therefore, i'm going to have to go with Scorpdestroyer's torment set, because I think it'd be kind of fun :P

(Just a thought, what about Torment + Mean Look + Protect + Roost?) Pretty gimmicky but god would it be fun. Give it max HP and SpD to be able to Torment a Scarf Raikou on the switch, Mean Look as you survive a TBolt, Roost as it struggles, Protect as it TBolts, rinse and repeat. The money I would pay....;))

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Screech doesn't do much for Crobat because it still won't beat Rhyperior, Zapdos, or any of its standard bulky counters. Pretty much every time I would want to use Screech, I'd rather go with U-turn (notice how Screech Flygon stopped being a thing as soon as it got U-turn in DPP).

Nasty Plot Crobat's only real issue is that base 70 SpA tbh. It does have the advantage of being able to wreck its common counters, though, so I'll be voting for TPO3's set.

I like tp03 set, but my main issue is that while bronzong and rhyperior are just about cleanly ohko by a +2 heat wave/ giga drain, slowbro can still tank a +2 giga drain with 252/0 sp def with a 12% chance to ohko. That 88% will allow slowbro to hit with psyshock/ psychic or paralyze with thunderwave. So i guess my vote goes to coolstorybrobats for being able to open up holes reliably and force out pokes.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CSB Screech crobat looks cool; even though it can't hit too much more than usual, it can screech on a switch, then u-turn for some significant damage plus bring in your counter/check/whatever.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Raikou @ Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Extrasensory
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

One of the most common problems for Raikou, especially in tournaments, is that a lot of the good players overprepare for SubCM HP Ice Raikou. They use Pokemon like SpD Rhyperior, Swampert and Snorlax to make sure that SubCM can't touch them. This means that HP Grass is usually the stronger Hidden Power against really good players; however, this opens you up to the Nidos and Grass types, which you no longer have a way to reliably hurt. Enter Extrasensory, allowing you to 2HKO the Nidos and Roserade! Finally, Volt Switch means you can get a nasty Fighting type in on Snorlax if it comes in to stop the party. The best part of this set is that showing Volt Switch first will often cause your opponent to believe you are Specs or Scarf Raikou, luring in those Swampert and Rhyperior you want to KO!

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
Raikou @ Life Orb / Damp rock
6 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
Timid nature
IVs: 2 Atk/30 SpAtk
~Rain Dance
~Thunder
~Extrasensory
~Hidden Power Grass

Use on Rain teams for maximum effectiveness. You can set up rain for other things like Kingdra to sweep, but you also get 100% accurate thunder. The other moves are really just the two that offer the best overall coverage. Gives you the best chance to sweep if you can get Rain Dance set up by another team member. You're still walled hard by Snorlax, Umbreon, and Pory2, so you'll probably want to carry something on your team that can remove them or just switch into them with 0 worries.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I probably have no idea what I'm doing, but Wynaut a dual screens set?

Raikou @ Light Clay/ Leftovers (I guess; notrly useful)
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SAtk (totally subject to change, this is theorymonning)
Nature: Timid
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt/VoltSwitch
- Hidden Power Ice/HP Grass/Volt Switch/Whatevs you need

The main thing about this set would be surprise factor. There aren't very many good non-suicide screeners, and a lot of teams may need prolonged screen support. Nice thing about Raikou is its ability to force switches, which is great to set up one screen, (whichever is appropriate; you should have a guess as to what pokemon's coming in. Either a ground type or tank) Reflect for expected physical attackers on the switch, Light Screen for expected special attackers.
And if you use voltswitch, you can bring in any 'mon you want, and it'll survive an atom bomb. (Even if it's like a Sharpedo.)
Raikou also has decent bulk, (90/75/100 defenses is pretty cool) so with screens up it'll be really hard to bring down, even though it has no recovery. (Wish support? :/)

(This probs sucks a lot, but do I care? Nah, not really)

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I've been using

Raikou @ Life Orb
Pressure
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass
- Calm Mind
- Extrasensory

quite a bit on the ladder lately and it honestly wrecks shit so much harder than the standard SubCM set. Swampert and Rhyperior get OHKO'd by +1 HP Grass while Umbreon gets CM'd up on twice and then 2HKOd by Thunderbolt so you beat that as well If you play smart this thing should sweep pretty consistently. CB Snorlax takes about half from +1 Thunderbolt, so weaken that, then just scour for Scarfers--if its a Special Attacker you pretty much win right there (but those are uncommon, probably because Raikou exists!).

Another way to take advantage of this set is by pairing it with HP Ice Zapdos, whose primary counters tend to get lured and beaten (reach and TPO3's sets fail to do this part!!) by this set.

phantom

Banned deucer.

~Hail Wallbreaker~

Raikou @ Expert Belt
Rash Nature
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
-Weather Ball
-Aura Sphere
-Hidden Power Grass

I don't remember who came up with this set, so props to them. This Raikou is meant to be used on hail teams, making Weather Ball a 100 BP Ice-type attack. This thing is really freaking strong, as it is capable of 2HKOing most of the tier. Expert Belt is chosen for two reasons. For one, it's a nice bluff for a choice item. And two, Hail Damage + Life Orb recoil adds up real fast, so this is just a way for Raikou to maintain its longevity. Thunderbolt is Raikou's best STAB, while Volt switch is slightly weaker, it provides some nice momentum. Weather Ball is the pièce de résistance, as it's capable of doing serious damage to things like Roserade and Shaymin. Aura Sphere is mainly for Umbreon and Porygon2. Finally, Hidden Power Grass obliterates Rhyperior and Swampert. Give this thing Hail and entry hazard support then you're good to go.

252+ SpA Expert Belt Raikou Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 166-197 (44.38 - 52.67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather

252+ SpA Expert Belt Raikou Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 144-170 (36.54 - 43.14%) -- 84.38% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Spikes and weather

252+ SpA Expert Belt Raikou Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 200 SpD Snorlax: 185-218 (40.13 - 47.28%) -- 95.31% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather

252+ SpA Expert Belt Raikou Weather Ball (100 BP Ice) vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Roserade in hail: 187-221 (57.71 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather

252+ SpA Expert Belt Raikou Weather Ball (100 BP Ice) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos in hail: 288-341 (75.19 - 89.03%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Expert Belt Raikou Weather Ball (100 BP Ice) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Shaymin in hail: 262-310 (76.83 - 90.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Expert Belt Raikou Weather Ball (100 BP Ice) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Nidoqueen in hail: 302-358 (78.64 - 93.22%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather

252+ SpA Expert Belt Raikou Hidden Power Grass vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 317-374 (73.21 - 86.37%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather

252+ SpA Expert Belt Raikou Hidden Power Grass vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 408-480 (101.74 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Expert Belt Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Empoleon: 269-319 (72.31 - 85.75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather

252+ SpA Expert Belt Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 331-391 (81.93 - 96.78%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

I'm a big fan of Icecream's Raikou, though it's false that it 2HKOes the entire tier, exceptions including Meloetta, Cresselia, RestTalk Snorlax, and Escavalier.

Lately I've used:

Raikou @ Magnet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Timid
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
-Calm Mind

Volt Switch seems like a terrible idea with Calm Mind, but actually works quite well. It lets Raikou wear down non-Ground type checks and counters with Volt Switch, even switching to a Fighting-type to force counters (e.g. Snorlax, Umbreon, Meloetta, P2) out. At the same time, it bluffs a choice set, catching most opponents off-guard with Calm Mind when it does set it up. Of course, this set still has its problems. It doesn't get a ton of coverage, forcing you to always be walled by quite a few Ground-types.

CMRoar with Spikes support is a pretty awesome idea for a Raikou as well but I've tried making teams based around it and haven't come up with anything really strong yet.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Raikou @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass

One of Raikou's bigger problems is the fact that it gets worn down easily. Despite SubCM avoiding status, if Raikou switches in on Toxic, Toxic Spikes or is slower, it can't stop status. Despite Leftovers, SubCM Raikou lacks a way to regenerate health and is worn down easily and revenge killed with its sub down. This set resolves this as Raikou is able to Calm Mind up, then use a fast Rest to reset status, health and start sweeping

Raikou @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass
- Calm Mind
- Roar

Roar raikou is pretty awesome with hazards, he can phaze all his checks ( Rhyperior / Pert / Snorlax..) until they are weak enough to get demolished by tbolt / hp grass +1. They're is not a hundred pokemon to counter him so you can't quickly phaze out to a pokemon that can't do nothing against Raikou, and set-up a calm mind. After SR+spikes you can be sure his counter won't tank nothing from him.
(You'll need a way to kill Flygon, Gligar and Roserade since you don't have hp ice )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)