Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Atk / 96 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
> Curse
> Body Slam
> Crunch
> Selfdestruct

Nothing out of the ordinary, really. Standard EVs for offensive CurseLax, but with Selfdestruct instead of Earthquake. When I was trying different things to mention on Snorlax's analysis, I really liked this one for offensive teams. +1 SD wrecks bulky Water-types that try to phaze Lax away, at +1 Body Slam+ Selfdestruct 2HKOes Gligar 30% of the time after SR (that is, if you get the para, otherwise keep trying), and you can also leave Rhyperior impaired after a couple of switches (Selfdestruct does around the same amount of damage to Rhype than Earthquake!); everything above makes Scarf Darmanitan a good partner for this. Another good one is SubPass Shao, if you can pass a Sub to Snorlax it can actually use defensive Cofagrigus as setup bait (or if that thing has Haze, just Crunch it until it faints). This thing works even better with Spikes support, obviously.

Semi-Relevant calcs:
+1 176+ Atk Snorlax Body Slam vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 90-106 (26.94 - 31.73%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+1 176+ Atk Snorlax Selfdestruct vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 210-247 (62.87 - 73.95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (if Gligar doesn't have Taunt, you can just keep setting up instead of relying on the para chance)
+1 176+ Atk Snorlax Selfdestruct vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 348-409 (86.78 - 101.99%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
+1 176+ Atk Snorlax Selfdestruct vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blastoise: 324-382 (89.5 - 105.52%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+1 176+ Atk Snorlax Selfdestruct vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Slowking: 375-442 (95.41 - 112.46%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+1 176+ Atk Snorlax Selfdestruct vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 295-348 (73.01 - 86.13%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
176+ Atk Snorlax Selfdestruct vs. 240 HP / 216+ Def Qwilfish: 270-318 (81.57 - 96.07%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (obviously this is only if Qwil has Haze/Taunt, otherwise you just set up on it)
+1 176+ Atk Snorlax Selfdestruct vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Rhyperior: 179-211 (41.33 - 48.72%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 176+ Atk Snorlax Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 180-213 (41.57 - 49.19%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (just to have a comparison between them)
+1 176+ Atk Snorlax Crunch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Cofagrigus: 174-206 (54.54 - 64.57%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
176+ Atk Snorlax Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 90-106 (28.21 - 33.22%) -- possible 4HKO (in case you managed to pass a Sub safely but Cofag has Haze)

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EV's: 144HP/188 Def/176SpD
Careful Nature
-Body Slam
-Rest
-Recycle
-Curse/Crunch/Whirlwind/Earthquake

This set is based on the popular RestTalk set I've been seeing a lot lately, the main difference is that Rest+Recycle with Chesto berry takes one less turn than Rest+2 turns of Sleep talk, and you can use recycyle whenever. The best option in the last move slot would probably be curse, but you can run whatever fits. However, if you run one of the attacking moves, I would suggest a more offensive EV spread

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
and the winner is....THE LEPRECHAUN with his very cool chople snorlax set!

Snorlax @ Chople Berry
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Fire Punch

interesting lure for a ton of top UU threats. now, we'll have a pokemon that flies around the UU tier with blazing speed and power: Mienshao. even though his scarf set is exceedingly popular, are there any lesser known moves in his movepool that could make for a nasty surprise?

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mienshao (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Edit:Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Me First/Hidden Power Ice

Mienshao is an excellent user of substitute as it forces many switches and once the sub is gone it can switch out and regenerate all of the health lost. Also, the fact that most Mienshaos are either choiced or life orbed means that switch ins to the initial move used can caught off guard. HJK provide fantastic coverage but the last two moves are for Mienshao's checks. HP ice obviously for Gligar but Me First actually does well against counters such as the Nidos, especially Nidoqueen who resist the other 2 moves and take small damage from hp ice. Me first also beats ghost switch ins like Cofagrigus, Mismagius and Golurk.

Last edited:
Mienshao @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rest
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

How about some RestoChesto Mienshao. Get up a SD boost (or boosts) until you need to use Rest to fully restore your health, and then start dropping some nasty Hi Jump Kicks and Stone Edges. With a boost up + SR support, only Golurk has a chance to survive being at least 2hKO by Stone Edge.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mienshao (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Me First/Hidden Power Ice

Mienshao is an excellent user of substitute as it forces many switches and once the sub is gone it can switch out and regenerate all of the health lost. Also, the fact that most Mienshaos are either choiced or life orbed means that switch ins to the initial move used can caught off guard. HJK provide fantastic coverage but the last two moves are for Mienshao's checks. HP ice obviously for Gligar but Me First actually does well against counters such as the Nidos, especially Nidoqueen who resist the other 2 moves and take small damage from hp ice. Me first also beats ghost switch ins like Cofagrigus, Mismagius and Golurk.
Probably gonna be the set that clutches victory, but wouldn't a Naive/Hasty nature be more useful on this set? So when you Me First a Ghost's Shadow Ball, (or any convenient special attack for that matter) you at least manage to do it at full power? Mienshao's frail to the point that the drop in Defense/Special Defense won't matter much anyway.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Probably gonna be the set that clutches victory, but wouldn't a Naive/Hasty nature be more useful on this set? So when you Me First a Ghost's Shadow Ball, (or any convenient special attack for that matter) you at least manage to do it at full power? Mienshao's frail to the point that the drop in Defense/Special Defense won't matter much anyway.
I thought i did, whoops. Is is too late to change it?

Also, yeah i was lucky i got here first, i'm sure someone else would have said it if i hadn't.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)