Project The Next Best Thing

Sorry for delay, Jac is the winner.

Next best thing is "give a hand" Aipom

Posting sets deadline: 3rd February 4 PM EST

Last edited:
Aipom is a toughie because the main analysis set is just really solid but here's "Lurepom"

Aipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fury Swipes
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch
- Seed Bomb

The idea is to surprise and really hurt/kill two of the most common switch ins being Ferroseed and Tirtouga. Losing fake out sucks but you still retain most of the coverage of Brick Break as you can still hit ground/steel types SE.

Last edited:

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Aipom @ Life Orb / Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Fury Swipes
- Hone Claws
- Knock Off
- Brick Break / Fake Out

Hone Claws Aipom isn't new, but I can't think of anything else that's viable. Anyway, its p cool and gives Aipom after just one boost an insanely powerful and 100% accurate Fury Swipes that can OHKO shit like Spritzee and Porygon with some minor prior damage or a crit (which isn't too hard with a multi-hit move). Brick Break does a ton of damage to Steel- and Rock-types.

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
reserving fake out last resort

Aipom @ Choice Band
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn / Brick Break
- Knock Off
- Switcheroo
- Fury Swipes

CB Aipom hits really hard, Switcheroo can cripple walls, U-Turn for getting momentum or Brick break for Steels and Rock

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Aipom @ kings rock
ability: skill link
level: 5
Evs: 196 / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
-U-turn
-knock off
-Fake out
-fury swipes/double slap

Self explanatory. Get the flinch haxs. Fake out to break sturdies. Knock off for other stuff. Double slap if you hate fury miss. blah blah blah.

Aipom @ Berry Juice
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Thief
- Fury Swipes
- Baton Pass

This is an interesting kinda gimmicky Aipom set and I have no clue what to call it. Basically, it is a sub attacker that can create momentum. It is a little harder to force a switch with a normal type, but you can come in on a weakened pokemon, sub on the switch, then either Fury Swipes the Pokemon they switched in, or Baton Pass the Substitute into something like Mienfoo that can take on most of the common switch- ins to Aipom, effectively giving your pokemon (like Mienfoo) an almost free switch in. Hiding behind a sub and 2HKOing a switch in is also a viable move. You could also Baton Pass without a sub like a U-Turn that doesn't deal dmg. Berry Juice lets Aipom create more substitutes, and once BJ runs out, Thief is a nice move to steal an item and Knock an item Off at the same time.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Aipom @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fury Swipes
- Knock Off / Brick Break / Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Switcheroo

I'm a big fan of Choice Scarves. One of my favorite sets I've ever run is a Scarf Archen set, but that's a bit besides the point! Aipom has a ridiculous speed tier, a good ability, and a wide movepool, making the little monkey a good candidate for a surprise revenge-killer. Plus, almost anything with Switcheroo can have fun with a Scarf!

EVs: The EV's first max out Attack, then Speed, then extra dumped into HP for an odd HP number, good for rocks and stuff like that. You can run Adamant because very few things are going to be outrunning a 27 Speed monster like Aipom.

Moves: Fury Miss Swipes is the super cool Skill Link STAB for Aipom to abuse. The second move largely depends on preference or needed coverage. Knock Off always gives utility, and offers a way to hit the Ghosts that come in on Aipom. Brick Break bops Pawn and other Steel- and Rock-type mons, and Ice Punch can be a fun surprise for Archen, but is generally inferior. U-Turn could also be replaced by a coverage move, but the momentum it provides - especially against trappers or Pursuiters - is often invaluable. Switcheroo is there to cripple bulky mons like Ferroseed and Spritzee, who are not particular fans of move limitation \_(^~^)_/

Scarfpom new meta

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Maaaaan such cool sets for such a cool mon. I like them all, especially the band set, but my vote goes for silentmango's subpass set

fitzy72 is the winner with his FireBomb set. Next best thing is "small tuft of hair" Gothita

Posting sets deadline: 17th February 4 PM EST

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)