The Power of the SUN!!! (Broke 1600s)

Power of the -SUN-!!!
:Torkoal: :walking wake: :great tusk: :raging bolt: :gouging Fire: :scream tail:

This team took (big) inspiration from Triple Dino Death Barrage from a user I don’t know, but I think this has deviated enough from the original to warrant its own RMT. Plus I got to the 1600s with it. I’m officially not a bad player and am now a mediocre player. Congrats me! Thing about me is I usually like a good defensive plan, and while this team looks weak to Tusk, it really isn’t. Well, technically yes it still is, there’s just more counter play. This team probably still has plenty to improve, so all advice is appreciated. Alright, let’s begin.

Teambuilding:

So this started with Triple Dino Death Barrage. Through some post of DaddyBuzzwole, I added Scream Tail to bring speed control and a Tusk check. The team remained pretty much the same after that. I added Thunder Fang on Gouging Fire to suprise kill Rain’s Pelipper, but since the Arch ban have changed that. Since speed control was still a bit of a problem I changed nuke Proto Attack Gouging Fire to slightly less nuke Proto Speed Gouging Fire, but much more speed control. I changed Torkoal’s original Tera of Water to Flying and replaced Body Press to Will-O-Wisp cause I hate Tusk still. So that’s how I got to the current version of my team.

The Team:

:sv/torkoal:

Modern Tortoise (Torkoal) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

The Sun setter. Torkoal brings a lot of utility to the table. Lava Plume does a shocking amount to a lot of Mons. Rapid Spin stops opposing hazard leads. Stealth Rock is my own hazard. Will-O-Wisp burns a lot of threats. Tera Flying is extremely useful, many times providing free burns against Great Tusk and Roaring Moon, who both can easily start to snowball. Should the EV spread be more physically Defenive as more anti-Tusk tech?

:sv/walking wake:

Watergon (Walking Wake) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Draco Meteor
- Flip Turn
- Weather Ball

Walking Wake is fun. Hydro Steam destroys stuff. Draco Meteor destroys stuff. Flip Turn to pivot. Weather Ball removes guessing games with Ogerpon-W + a Fairy Type and destroys stuff. Tera Water means Hydro Steam destroys more stuff. Proto SpAtk destroys stuff. Walking Wake destroys stuff.

:sv/great tusk:

Primal Elephant (Great Tusk) @ Eject Pack
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Temper Flare
- Headlong Rush

Great Tusk creates free momentum and removes hazards with Eject Pack and Rapid Spin. Facing Web Teams is infuriating though. Close Combat and Headlong Rush can chunk something and brings in a Sun abuser safety through Eject Pack. Temper Flare is boosted in Sun and OHKOs Gholdengos trying to spin-block. Tera Fire keeps Tusk from getting killed by Meowscarada and Weavile, although with Proto-Speed Great Tusk will outspeed both of them.

:sv/raging bolt:

Neckasoar (Raging Bolt) @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch
- Weather Ball
- Thundeclap

Raging Bolt is usually used as my pivot to my other two abusers, Wake and Gouging. That doesn’t mean this guy doesn’t hit though. Raging Bolt brings serious firepower with Sun Weather Ball, breaking through “checks” such as Clodsire and Iron Treads. Thunderclap is the priority of the century. Volt Switch allows me to swap into the Sun Abuser that best wrecks my opponent. Draco Meteor hits extremely hard. Tera Electric maximizes the chance for Thunderclap to revenge kill and makes Volt Switch do way too much damage for a pivot move.

:sv/gouging Fire:

Pineapoar (Gouging Fire) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Raging Fury
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Morning Sun

Choice Band Gouging Fire with Proto Speed in Sun is a train that only Dondozo, Heatran, and Proto Defense Great Tusk could even think of stopping. Raging Fury was pretty obvious. I like the power potential of Outrage over Dragon Claw, and I don’t mind not swapping during it. The only thing that could punish me would be a Tera Fairy Dragon Dancer. But I play smart and don’t live life with “ifs”. Earthquake is coverage. I always don’t know what to do with that last move slot. Fire-Dragon-Ground provides all the coverage Goiging Fire needs and Raging Fury makes coverage such as Psychic Fangs for Tusk laughable. Heat Crash seemed redundant to me. Like, who’s gonna punish Gouging Fire for pressing Raging Fury. Heatran? Laughable. Pelipper? Well, I actually needed to consider that when Rain was at its high. So I chose Thunder Fang. After the Arch ban I needed to think over this again. And that’s when it came to me. Morning Sun. Yes, this is a Band set. But Gouging Fire forces so many swaps that getting off a Morning Sun actually isn’t too hard. Plus, Morning Sun helps if Band ever gets knocked off, which is pretty often.

:sv/scream tail:

Weird Pink Blob (Scream Tail) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Encore
- Thunder Wave

Scream Tail brings speed control and has one of the fastest Encores in the game with Proto Speed. This has saved me against many a Great Tusk, Volcarona, and Raging Bolt. Dazzling Gleam puts crippling holes into Great Tusk. Wish keeps my Sun abusers healthy. Scream Tail’s fast Encore can even trap some slower Dragon Dancers. Thunder Wave cripples opposing Walking Wakes, Volcarona, Iron Valiant, and more.

So this is my version of the Dinos of Death. Hope you enjoyed reading this and I would love input, especially with EV spreads and the Tera types of Great Tusk and Scream Tail.

cant you put some hp evs instead of going timid on Gouge
I don’t know too much about the exact mechanics of EVs, but I think this would produce about the same results, except now you have some stats stuck in HP that you could have used for something else.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Gouging Fire @ Booster ENergy
EVs: 88 HP / 168 Atk / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Whatever
Jolly Nature
- Heat Crash
- Raging Fury
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

This spread gives Proto Speed and usually used for CB GFire btw

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
I really would suggest putting clear smog over wilo wisp as volcorona can freely set up in your face and a lot run Tera dragon Tera blast and sweep your team.

I would highly suggest getting running boots on tusk since if they have a Glimmora you invite toxic spikes for free or you can run the standard hatterene set

Hatterene @ Eject Button
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nuzzle
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Draining Kiss

I would suggest flamethrower over weather ball since you want that coverage and if snow or any other weather comes up just makes it a niche pick.

As DaRotomachine said for gouging fire

Jolly Nature
- Heat Crash/flare blitz (preferred blitz)
- Raging Fury
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Standard set with this is better and the extra hp really helps vs kingambit with a SD survive a sucker punch.

252+ Atk Black Glasses Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 88 HP / 0 Def Gouging Fire: 198-234 (53 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 88 HP / 0 Def Gouging Fire: 165-195 (44.2 - 52.2%) -- 16.4% chance to 2HKO

This is without black glasses second calc.

Raging Bolt @ Leftovers/heavy duty boots
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse/draco meteor
- Thunderbolt

I feel the standard set is pretty good overall and can go weather ball over thunderbolt and the speed evs is to outspeed 232 gliscors which have been popping up more and you’ll be at 234 with this spread.

I think you could probably go kingambit or another set up sweeper in the last slot tbh like iron val SD set over scream tail since I feel if they know you have encore they can double out to something to threaten you and makes wish passing harder.

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Kingambit @ Lum berry/ leftovers
Tera Type: Fighting
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave/iron head
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

These two sets are pretty standard but can help with having a second priority and a physical set up sweeper.

For iron val:

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Steel /dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Close Combat/ spirit break
- Encore

Tera dark to get the stab on knock off vs glowking or gholdengo and and steel is used for dnite trying to revenge you could also go naive and drop encore for moonblast for a mix set.

I really would suggest putting clear smog over wilo wisp as volcorona can freely set up in your face and a lot run Tera dragon Tera blast and sweep your team.

I would highly suggest getting running boots on tusk since if they have a Glimmora you invite toxic spikes for free or you can run the standard hatterene set

Hatterene @ Eject Button
Bold Nature
- Nuzzle
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Draining Kiss

I would suggest flamethrower over weather ball since you want that coverage and if snow or any other weather comes up just makes it a niche pick.

Jolly Nature
- Raging Fury
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Standard set with this is better and the extra hp really helps vs kingambit with a SD survive a sucker punch.

252+ Atk Black Glasses Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 88 HP / 0 Def Gouging Fire: 198-234 (53 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 88 HP / 0 Def Gouging Fire: 165-195 (44.2 - 52.2%) -- 16.4% chance to 2HKO

Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
- Thunderbolt

I feel the standard set is pretty good overall and can go weather ball over thunderbolt and the speed evs is to outspeed 232 gliscors which have been popping up more and you’ll be at 234 with this spread.

I think you could probably go kingambit or another set up sweeper in the last slot tbh like iron val SD set over scream tail since I feel if they know you have encore they can double out to something to threaten you and makes wish passing harder.

Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

These two sets are pretty standard but can help with having a second priority and a physical set up sweeper.

For iron val:

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Encore

Tera dark to get the stab on knock off vs glowking or gholdengo and and steel is used for dnite trying to revenge you could also go naive and drop encore for moonblast for a mix set.
Thanks for the advice!

Hatterene @ Eject Button
Bold Nature
- Nuzzle
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Draining Kiss

Jolly Nature
- Raging Fury
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
- Thunderbolt

Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

For iron val:

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Encore

Ok, after taking a second look at your suggestions, I can see most of it is really good, but I have just a couple questions / points for some of it.

1. Gouging Fire Booster Energy? I know Booster Energy can be useful if Sun isn’t up, but almost always Sun will be up. I also feel like a lot of wallbreaking power is lost by taking out Choice Band. If Band shouldn’t stay, wouldn’t an item such as Boots be better. Honestly, I believe that Choice Band is the best use for Gouging Fire to fully abuse Sun since Dragon Dance wastes turns and Booster Energy…. well there’s Sun. I already kinda explained why I don’t really need Flare Blitz, since really nothing punishes clicking Raging Fury. If I was to lose Scream Tail’s Wish-Passing, wouldn’t that make Morning some more valuable?

2. Yeah I’m sure Valiant outclasses Scream Tail as a fast Encore user, but the thing Scream Tail really has over Valiant is it can disrupt Tusk MULTIPLE times since it doesn’t rely on Booster Energy and uses the Sun instead. It’s not like it’s a couch potato too, since Dazzling Gleam does around half to Tusk and everything else is getting Para-Haxed. Raging Bolt kinda gets extremely disrupted as well since being locked into even Thunderbolt is a death sentence. Yeah, Scream Tail probably should be replaced, but is there a more reliable non hit-or-miss choice?

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
1. Gouging Fire Booster Energy? I know Booster Energy can be useful if Sun isn’t up, but almost always Sun will be up. I also feel like a lot of wallbreaking power is lost by taking out Choice Band. If Band shouldn’t stay, wouldn’t an item such as Boots be better. Honestly, I believe that Choice Band is the best use for Gouging Fire to fully abuse Sun since Dragon Dance wastes turns and Booster Energy…. well there’s Sun. I already kinda explained why I don’t really need Flare Blitz, since really nothing punishes clicking Raging Fury. If I was to lose Scream Tail’s Wish-Passing, wouldn’t that make Morning some more valuable?
I mean you can still run Band but the set is set so that Fire has Proto Speed.
The standard Band set has the same EVs.

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hi! I can suggest a few changes in ur sun team to make it work better
1. Alterative sun options
Firstly, lemme provide u some sun core ideas
:sv/lilligant-hisui: :life orb: / :focus sash:
Lilligant-Hisui @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Fire / Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 28 Def / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Solar Blade
- Triple Axel
- Tera Blast / Swords Dance / Encore
:sv/Venusaur: :life orb: / :choice specs:
Venusaur @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Weather Ball
:sv/Hatterene: :eject button:
Hatterene @ Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 72 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nuzzle
:sv/Hatterene: :leftovers:
(Hatterene) (F) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
:sv/kingambit: :black glasses: / :leftovers:
(Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
Tera Type: Dark / Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head / Low Kick
:sv/roaring moon: :choice band:
Roaring Moon @ Choice Band
EVs: 32 HP / 220 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Outrage
- Iron Head
:sv/iron treads: :eject button: / :booster energy:
(Iron Treads) @ Eject Button / Booster Energy
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Spinner
:sv/comfey: :life orb: / :leftovers:
Comfey @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Triage
Tera Type: Fire / Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Growth / Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Tera Blast
- Giga Drain / Taunt

2. Changes to be made
Now, note some few changes that u can make in ur team to make it work better. I can suggest u some good changes. They are as follows :-
i) Change the Gouging fire :gouging fire: set
Gouging fire in sun teams works in 2 ways, one is offensive choice band set and other is defensive dd set up set. U can try any of these. Here are some changed sets
:sv/gouging fire: :choice band:
Gouging Fire @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Raging Fury
- Heat Crash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
168 atk helps u get speed boost instead of atk boost which is very useful to outspeed and hit oppo hard.
:sv/gouging fire: :heavy-duty-boots:
Gouging Fire @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fire / Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Dragon Claw / Earthquake
This set helps u set up and hit oppo with good damage before it's health drops low and it faints
:sv/gouging fire: :air balloon:
(Gouging Fire) @ Air Balloon
Hidden Power: Fighting
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Morning Sun
This set is slow set up set. This helps u set up with higher bulk which means oppo can never kill it and it can set up freely as much as it wants. Tera poison means oppo can't poison u and air balloon helps u set up in front of great tusk

ii) Change the Walking Wake :walking wake: set
Walking wake needs speed to hit oppo's hard and sometimes oppo can take advantage of ur low speed to set up and sweep so that can be a problem. So I can give u 2 sets that work well
:sv/walking wake: :choice specs:
(Walking Wake) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 240 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Flip Turn / Dragon Pulse
This is the speed booster set. This hits hard before it faints and its aim is to sweep
:sv/walking wake: :mystic water:
Walking Wake @ Mystic Water
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse / Flip Turn
This set also hits hard but ur not locked into moves which tricks ur oppo. This helps u a lot to sweep and stop sweeps from opposing side but does less damage than the first set.

iii) Change the Great Tusk :great tusk: set
Greak Tusk can be a strong attacker under sun in 2 ways, one is life orb attacker and other is strong temper flare user. It can also use it's bulk to set up sweep
:sv/great tusk: :life orb:
Great Tusk @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
:sv/great tusk: :heavy-duty-boots:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-duty-boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Headlong Rush
- Temper Flare
- Close Combat
:sv/great tusk: :leftovers:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 88 Def / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Rapid Spin
iv) Change the raging bolt :raging bolt: set
Raging bolt doesn't need specs under sun lol. Just run lefties setup sweeper
:sv/raging bolt: :heavy-duty-boots:
(Raging Bolt) @ Heavy-duty-boots
Modest Nature
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Weather Ball
- Calm Mind
This can make use of weather ball with good speed to hit steel mons
:sv/raging bolt: :leftovers:
(Raging Bolt) @ Leftovers
EVs: 64 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
This can set up sweep just like all raging bolts. It doesn't even rely on sun at all

v) (Optional) Sligh changes in Scream Tail :scream tail: set
This is an optional one. U can make the scream tail an attacking pokemon as well instead of making it a stall mon, it can make use of sun nicely and set up sweep as well. I know it seems funny but it's true lol
:sv/scream tail: :leftovers:
(Scream Tail) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 4 SpA / 28 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
Calm mind set up then sweep gg
:sv/scream tail: :heavy-duty-boots:
(Scream Tail) @ Heavy-duty-boots
EVs: 120 HP / 236 SpD / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Wish
- Tera Blast
- Calm Mind
Tera fire helps to beat Gambit and under the boost from sun, u can destroy kingambits like it was nothing. U can calm mind and set up sweep as well. Stored Power goes stronger and stronger and u win basically lol.

3. Conclusion
Overall, the team looks good. I like the the team but try following my suggestions a bit. This will help u ladder higher. I hope u will like them. Thank you!
:sv/entei: Bye :sv/entei:

Hi! I can suggest a few changes in ur sun team to make it work better
1. Alterative sun options
Firstly, lemme provide u some sun core ideas
:sv/lilligant-hisui: :life orb: / :focus sash:
Lilligant-Hisui @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Tera Type: Fire / Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 28 Def / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Solar Blade
- Triple Axel
- Tera Blast / Swords Dance / Encore
:sv/Venusaur: :life orb: / :choice specs:
Venusaur @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Weather Ball
:sv/Hatterene: :eject button:
Hatterene @ Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 72 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nuzzle
:sv/Hatterene: :leftovers:
(Hatterene) (F) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
:sv/kingambit: :black glasses: / :leftovers:
(Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
Tera Type: Dark / Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head / Low Kick
:sv/roaring moon: :choice band:
Roaring Moon @ Choice Band
EVs: 32 HP / 220 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Outrage
- Iron Head
:sv/iron treads: :eject button: / :booster energy:
(Iron Treads) @ Eject Button / Booster Energy
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Spinner
:sv/comfey: :life orb: / :leftovers:
Comfey @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Triage
Tera Type: Fire / Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Growth / Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Tera Blast
- Giga Drain / Taunt

2. Changes to be made
Now, note some few changes that u can make in ur team to make it work better. I can suggest u some good changes. They are as follows :-
i) Change the Gouging fire :gouging fire: set
Gouging fire in sun teams works in 2 ways, one is offensive choice band set and other is defensive dd set up set. U can try any of these. Here are some changed sets
:sv/gouging fire: :choice band:
Gouging Fire @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Raging Fury
- Heat Crash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
168 atk helps u get speed boost instead of atk boost which is very useful to outspeed and hit oppo hard.
:sv/gouging fire: :heavy-duty-boots:
Gouging Fire @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fire / Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Dragon Claw / Earthquake
This set helps u set up and hit oppo with good damage before it's health drops low and it faints
:sv/gouging fire: :air balloon:
(Gouging Fire) @ Air Balloon
Hidden Power: Fighting
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Morning Sun
This set is slow set up set. This helps u set up with higher bulk which means oppo can never kill it and it can set up freely as much as it wants. Tera poison means oppo can't poison u and air balloon helps u set up in front of great tusk

ii) Change the Walking Wake :walking wake: set
Walking wake needs speed to hit oppo's hard and sometimes oppo can take advantage of ur low speed to set up and sweep so that can be a problem. So I can give u 2 sets that work well
:sv/walking wake: :choice specs:
(Walking Wake) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 240 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Flip Turn / Dragon Pulse
This is the speed booster set. This hits hard before it faints and its aim is to sweep
:sv/walking wake: :mystic water:
Walking Wake @ Mystic Water
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse / Flip Turn
This set also hits hard but ur not locked into moves which tricks ur oppo. This helps u a lot to sweep and stop sweeps from opposing side but does less damage than the first set.

iii) Change the Great Tusk :great tusk: set
Greak Tusk can be a strong attacker under sun in 2 ways, one is life orb attacker and other is strong temper flare user. It can also use it's bulk to set up sweep
:sv/great tusk: :life orb:
Great Tusk @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
:sv/great tusk: :heavy-duty-boots:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-duty-boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Headlong Rush
- Temper Flare
- Close Combat
:sv/great tusk: :leftovers:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 88 Def / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Rapid Spin
iv) Change the raging bolt :raging bolt: set
Raging bolt doesn't need specs under sun lol. Just run lefties setup sweeper
:sv/raging bolt: :heavy-duty-boots:
(Raging Bolt) @ Heavy-duty-boots
Modest Nature
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Weather Ball
- Calm Mind
This can make use of weather ball with good speed to hit steel mons
:sv/raging bolt: :leftovers:
(Raging Bolt) @ Leftovers
EVs: 64 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
This can set up sweep just like all raging bolts. It doesn't even rely on sun at all

v) (Optional) Sligh changes in Scream Tail :scream tail: set
This is an optional one. U can make the scream tail an attacking pokemon as well instead of making it a stall mon, it can make use of sun nicely and set up sweep as well. I know it seems funny but it's true lol
:sv/scream tail: :leftovers:
(Scream Tail) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 4 SpA / 28 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
Calm mind set up then sweep gg
:sv/scream tail: :heavy-duty-boots:
(Scream Tail) @ Heavy-duty-boots
EVs: 120 HP / 236 SpD / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Wish
- Tera Blast
- Calm Mind
Tera fire helps to beat Gambit and under the boost from sun, u can destroy kingambits like it was nothing. U can calm mind and set up sweep as well. Stored Power goes stronger and stronger and u win basically lol.

3. Conclusion
Overall, the team looks good. I like the the team but try following my suggestions a bit. This will help u ladder higher. I hope u will like them. Thank you!
:sv/entei: Bye :sv/entei:
Thanks for the advice!

Nice team. Posting here because I like sun and run a similar build.

Re: Walking Wake +SpA is considerably better than +Spe in practice but the main problem with using +SPA becomes how to beat Zama and BU Tusk after a Rapid Spin. Wake and Long Neck are like the only good sun special attackers so the pickings are slim.

Any advice on the Zama / Tusk issue?

Nice team. Posting here because I like sun and run a similar build.

Re: Walking Wake +SpA is considerably better than +Spe in practice but the main problem with using +SPA becomes how to beat Zama and BU Tusk after a Rapid Spin. Wake and Long Neck are like the only good sun special attackers so the pickings are slim.

Any advice on the Zama / Tusk issue?
I’m glad you enjoyed reading this. My answer to these two has been Scream Tail, since under Sun its faster than Zamazenta and Great Tusk after a spin. This is why I extremely value Encore. This messes up Iron Defense Zamazenta and Bulk Up Tusk. For Offensive versions of Zamazenta Scream Tail can swap in, tank anything Zamazenta can throw at it including Heavy Slam, then cripple it with Thunder Wave.

I’m glad you enjoyed reading this. My answer to these two has been Scream Tail, since under Sun its faster than Zamazenta and Great Tusk after a spin. This is why I extremely value Encore. This messes up Iron Defense Zamazenta and Bulk Up Tusk. For Offensive versions of Zamazenta Scream Tail can swap in, tank anything Zamazenta can throw at it including Heavy Slam, then cripple it with Thunder Wave.
I’ll test out Scream Tail. It looks like it could be a momentum sink but it’s worth a shot. Is it good vs. Dragonite too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)