The Prestigious Apprentice Cup! - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beat sharkshocker 5-0

Anyway something strange happened. A guy named Iron Maiden was watching our match. He would not answer who he/she was, and when I told him/her that scouting was illegal they left. Still they saw my whole team, and they did scout.

Did something similar happen to anyone else?

It could be that they were some random person, but they did not answer me when I asked who they were. They also left after I told them about scouting. This makes me more inclined to believe that they are in fact not a random, but some (BAN ME PLEASE) in the tourney who feels the need to scout.

Winner's Bracket:
ambervoid vs. Rojo23
Sunday vs. Blissey_ODonell
Wayff13 vs. GTS-Good Luck!
sharkshocker vs. L
Twist of Fate vs. gmax
Rhykune vs. [.darkie]

Loser's Bracket:
puggy vs. Atticus
Magnechu vs. LonelyNess
Castlevania vs. Sikh Assassin
Nuke144 vs. gaudetjaja
Stall vs. Ghandi1988
AzNGooK vs. Ike and Tina

@L/Kira I've had someone called Iron Maiden watch me battle on ladder before, though I didn't know who she/he was, so I didn't worry about it. Though if he/she was watching your match, I'll have to look out for him in the future.

The thing is, they left after seeing my whole team (suspicious)
I told them scouting would get them banned from all future tournies, however they only left after seeing my whole team (suspicious)
They refused to tell me who they were (suspicious)

So I am guessing it is someone in the tourney who is trying to scout. The fact that they were scouting my match now means they must be in the winners bracket, otherwise their would be no need to scout.

If they weren't in the tourney then why would they not tell me who they were? And why did they leave, AFTER seeing my whole team.

Beat GTS, sending PM. Some person named Rifle Man or something like that was in the room, and said he was Iron Maiden.

So now we need to find out who this person is.... if he is indeed a scouter then he is by far the biggest (BAN ME PLEASE) ever. If you need to scout in order to win then you must suck.

I am going to change my whole team now, and I suggest you all do the same if your matches have been watched.

Dang. I didn't even know there was going to be a loser's bracket. I'm leaving for spring break pretty soon so I should probably get this in before I go

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wait wait wait..... it's double elim? Well hot damn, maybe I'll break out of my slump and sweep the tourney. Not likely though.

*Crawls out of self pity hole

I lost to stall 0-6.

Sorry Havak man, I guess you didn't do a good job

Only kidding, we're gonna try and sort out our battle for after tuesday as I am unavailble till then

I lost to stall 0-6.

Sorry Havak man, I guess you didn't do a good job

Only kidding, we're gonna try and sort out our battle for after tuesday as I am unavailble till then
Come on ghandi do us proud.

Unlucky sharkshocker cause after our game i thought you were really good.

Last time I checked you run the tourney. It is very likely that someone is scouting and looking at the logs could help determine who it is.

Let me reiterate, YOU RUN THE TOURNEY

Now I really doubt you will be scouting teams yourself, since that is a pretty dick move as the tourney director. Have people send the logs if they have them do it or don't participate. (if someone was told by their opponent NOT to send the log that is also somewhat
suspicious)

When you see the logs just hit Ctrl F, and type in Iron Maiden, and then if that doesnt work, type in Rifle (since someone said he has Rifle in another account name)

Keep track of any logs that are missing that persons name, and then the winner of that match. Does the winner of the loser bracket get to move up to the winners bracket? If not, then the person is most likely in the winners bracket since scouting for the sole purpose to win in the loser bracket is kind of stupid.

Even if we dont find the person they will at least be discouraged to continue scouting.

Sikh, have someone who is not in this tournament that will be bias free and I will send my logs too, that's if Gmax saved our log, though no-one come into our match

Last time I checked you run the tourney. It is very likely that someone is scouting and looking at the logs could help determine who it is.

Let me reiterate, YOU RUN THE TOURNEY

Now I really doubt you will be scouting teams yourself, since that is a pretty dick move as the tourney director. Have people send the logs if they have them do it or don't participate. (if someone was told by their opponent NOT to send the log that is also somewhat
suspicious)

When you see the logs just hit Ctrl F, and type in Iron Maiden, and then if that doesnt work, type in Rifle (since someone said he has Rifle in another account name)

Keep track of any logs that are missing that persons name, and then the winner of that match. Does the winner of the loser bracket get to move up to the winners bracket? If not, then the person is most likely in the winners bracket since scouting for the sole purpose to win in the loser bracket is kind of stupid.

Even if we dont find the person they will at least be discouraged to continue scouting.
Yes, I know I run the tournament, but as doing so they suspect me! I for one will never go by the name "Maiden" and nor will I stoop so low, if I did, why I am I not on the winner's bracket? This also proves my point, and the PM of logs is starting to become vital, seeing as how many are being scouted on be this person named "Iron Maiden/Rifle Man." I by the way, skimp through your logs to check if anyone entered or left, that is all, I do not have the time to check your teams or any of that! So as of now, if you have any previous logs you have to PM them to me, but you will not be penalized since these were from some time ago, but you will be penalized from now on. This has gone long enough, and now, I want to find out who is the culprit. The culprit will be revealed by your logs!

Also if anyone is suspicious about why I skimp through them and not just use Ctrl + F is because that function is not available on a Macbook

Sikh: Ghandi wants you to find someone you trust who is not in the tourney. We will send that person the logs, and HE will go through them and check for this Iron Maiden person. This will be better as nobody will think you looked at their teams.

I don't have any business in this tour but you guys could always ask Colin if Iron Maiden/Rifle has any alt accounts. Im pretty sure thats he will gladly help yo out(Don't take my word for it though:toast:) If you explain the situation.

But to be honest. I really think that you guys are being a little bit too paranoid. I think that i have seen Iron Maiden "scout" some of my battles too(Regular ladder battles, really) Just chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)