The psychic blob that could (1st RMT)

Hello, and welcome to my very first RMT ^.^ (I sure hope this goes well!) Btw, I'm The Shadow Lugia, also known as Shadow Lugia on Pokemon Showdown (if you ever go there, you'll obviously know me)...anyway, here goes! I so far have gone well with this team, for I've tested it multiple times, and have won quite a lot...I just need the more competitive brains of Smogon to give me some backup :S...

Now, this team's a diverse team, using the main Pokemon of OU, and the more..obscure ones. I present to you, the Psychokinetic jelly thing and co.

Now I present my team:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SAtk / 160 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Discharge

Here's the first member of my team - Rotom! While it's moveset may be rather odd, with 2 status inflicting moves, they're both moves that do different things. Will-o-Wisp guarantees a burn to shut down most physical attackers, while Discharge can slow down even the fastest Pokemon of OU to a snail's pace (while also doing damage along the way). Hydro Pump serves as the standard Water-type move for Rotom-W, great power, good typing, but the accuracy's hit and miss. Volt Switch lets Rotom do a scouting job, using it to predict certain moves, and to switch to another Pokemon to take hits. I've opted for a rather custom EV spread - 160 in Sp.Def to take most special moves, and 100 Sp.Atk to do a decent job at hitting back.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

Now - here's one of our main powerhouses - scarfed to snag the first hit on common threats, it's Hydreigon. It has a rather standard moveset and EV spread, but I've replaced Fire Blast with Flamethrower to get rid of the crucial accuracy misses that Blast has..while I may be sacrificing power for accuracy, it's a good move replacement. Draco Meteor for a super strong STAB move - and as it's scarfed, it'll get a first hit on multiple threats like Dragonite and Latios. Hydreigon's moveset's all about coverage, as most of its moves hit common threats in OU. Draco for Latios and main Dragon-types, Dark Pulse for Alakazam, Espeon and Reuniclus, Focus Blast for Terrakion and Flamethrower for Ferrothorn.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Now we move on to one of 2 of our sweepers - Breloom. Having a rather impressive movepool of both heavy hitting STAB moves and priority, Breloom isn't something to be taken lightly. Having the ever-so-irritating Spore, to make the Pokemon designed to take hits like Forretress and Ferrothorn useless, so you can start Swords Dancing away. Mach Punch for taking down already weakened Pokemon, and Seed Bomb for a good powered STAB move (I myself generally dislike Bullet Seed - its chances for 4-5 hits is low).

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 Def / 252 HP / 36 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain
- Recover

The fairy, while innocent in looks, has a dark heart, Celebi's a common problem to Physical attackers. While the only real thing that can effectively take down Celebi in one hit is Bug Buzz, Celebi may have a terrible typing, but that doesn't mean anything to what walling little Tinkerbell can do. Having most of it's Effort Values invested in HP and Defense, Celebi turns even the strongest Physical attackers into cotton balls. Taking hits all around, Celebi's physical bulk's rather strong - and it can capitalize on it's Special defense with Calm Mind. Recover to remove the damage from all it's hits taken, and Heal Bell to fix up your teammate's status ailments like nothing.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Now, we move on to the star member of the team - Reuniclus. While its speed may be absolutely abysmal, its HP and Sp.Atk stats back it up. It has Magic Guard as to not ruin it's HP with its Life Orb, Calm Mind to take special moves, particularly Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball, and Psyshock to take care of special walls like Jellicent and Blissey. Magic Guard lets it laugh off moves like Toxic and Will-o-Wisp, while Reuniclus' already terrible speed makes paralysis totally useless. As I usually say - It's no use! Reuniclus' job is usually to take down anything else that's a threat to the other team members (except Scizor - that's kind of what Scarfdreigon's for).

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Now - the spiky weed - Ferrothorn! It's..nothing new, really, just a Physically Defensive Ferrothorn, with STAB Power Whip to take care of things like Jellicent and Starmie. Leech Seed and Leftovers ensure that it gains about 20% HP every turn, which makes it's job even better. I usually prefer Ferrothorn to Forretress, as it's stats are generally better..also, it's typing's excellent, as it can't be hit by Leech Seed and Toxic.

Well, that's it! My team, which has been in testing for about 2 days - it could use some competitive minds to back it up, so I'll leave it to you guys! Please - tell me what has to be done, and if there are any threats and/or replacements that must be done. Thanks! (don't be afraid to tell me what has to be done).​

Importable:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SAtk / 160 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Discharge

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 Def / 252 HP / 36 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Give reuniclus more investment in defense because it makes it harder to take down and give it recover instead of shadow ball to let it survive longer

Yeah, I agree. I would go with a Bold Reuniclus, 252 HP and Def, and the rest in SpD. Calm Mind, Psychic/Psyshock, Recover, Focus Blast.

Now you say Reuni is for taking down troublesome threats. Well Offensive SD Scizor seems like a big one. It 2HKOs/OHKOs your whole team after a Swords Dance. So I'd swap Shadow Ball for Hidden Power Fire. This way it can deal with Scizor, as Scizzy is likely to set up on Reuni. Also give Reuni the EV spread deadflame suggested. This way it survives unboosted bug bites and OHKOs back with the flames of Hidden Power.

Thanks for the help, people :)

That was much needed, and I think I may add that.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Is that better?

Nice team! Okay, this'll be short, but anyway. For Breloom, run Bullet Seed > Seed Bomb. Even if it hits twice, Bullet Seed is only 5 BP less powerful than Seed Bomb and will outdamage almost all the time. Moreover, it breaks through random Focus Sashes and has an increased critical hit chance. For Celebi, try running Baton Pass > Heal Bell. Baton Passing one or two CMs to Scarf Hydreigon, Rotom-W or Reuni will make them incredibly strong, but even passing them to Ferro or Loom has its utilities as the boosts make them bulkier. It also makes your team less Scizor weak as Baton Pass doesn't increase Pursuit damage.

Your team also looks very weak to offensive Sun teams as a +2 Venusaur outright OHKOs your whole team. I'd suggest running Sp.Def. Heatran over one of Celebi and Ferrothorn. If you run Heatran over Ferrothorn, Celebi can run Stealth Rock over Heal Bell or Calm Mind. It also gives you a classic FWG core to handle a vast majority of threats.

For Reuniclus, you should just use the standard set (the one you just posted), maybe with HP Fire > Focus Blast.

• Sp.Def. Heatran > Celebi or Ferrothorn (if Ferro, then Stealth Rock on Celebi)
  • Baton Pass > Heal Bell on Celebi
  • Standard CM Reuniclus

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Thanks for the help, people :)

That was much needed, and I think I may add that.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Is that better?
The ability is wrong, the thing that sets Reuniclus apart from other Calm Minders is it's ability, Magic Guard. Magic Guard makes Reuni able to come in on a full field of hazards and not take any damage, it also can't be worn down by Toxic, by using Regenerator, you aren't using CM Reuni to it's full potential because it can be Toxic'd and set on a timer.

Choice Spec or life orb Alazakam with magic guard and psyshock, shadow ball, HP fire, and Focus blast also threatens the majority of your team. They arent that common, but would prove a nuisance for you with monstrous Sp.Attk and Speed.

Mienshao can be a threat to this team, because a lot of the team dies from Hi Jump Kick, and reuniclus + celebi don't like u-turn. Especially scarfed versions because they outspeed + kill hydreigon in one hit

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Hey there! Nice team! I had just written a rate for this but then my browser closed so I restart. First of all, on your Rotom W I strongly recommend Pain Split over Discharge because recovery is generally more useful that a 30% paralysis chance. This allows Rotom W to check stuff better and be much harder to be worn down.

Next on Hydreigon, the on aspect it has that outclasses other dragons is U-turn, which is marvelous on a Scarf set especially. I suggest running U-turn over Dark Pulse as the coverage it provides is generally not that great. U-turn has more utility, and will form a core with Hydreigon.

Now for Celebi, I notice you are using the excellent physical defensive set. However, I must really question Heal Bell. I don't think it is that necessary. My recommendation is to use Baton Pass over Heal Bell. This allows you to escape Pursuit and also an added bonus to pass Calm Mind boosts around. Also, it technically is part of the VoltTurn core. This makes it a better teammate overall.

I see your star is the great Reuniclus, which I appreciate. It is definitely a good poke. However, I do not believe the set you are running is the best one it could run. CM is just too slow in this metagame. On the other hand, i would suggest the Trick Room set. It tears offensive teams to shreds easily. Also, Celebi can pass CM boosts to it and make it even more of a terror. The set is as follows:

Reuniclus @Life Orb
EVs: 196 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spe
0 Spe IVs
Quiet nature
-Psyshock/Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Fire
-Trick Room

The final Mon you are using is also nice, Ferrothorn, however I see a synergistical problem. That is the third Grass type, which compounds your weakness to Fire. Instead of Ferro, I propose SpD Jirachi.Rachi provides great paralysis support, Rocks, and even Wish passing. Also, access to U-turn makes it an option if you want that. Overall, a good bulky steel. The set is this:

Jirachi @Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD /20 Spe
Nature: Careful
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-Stealth Rock
-U-turn/Wish/Fire Punch

Overall, this is a really nice team. Sorry if my rate seems really brusque, I had spent quite a while on the previous one and it was irritating to have it gone. The basic changes are still there. Hope I helped and good luck!

Also at the posters above, if you are going to rate the team, I would recommend providing solutions to the threats you point out. Just mentioning them is insufficient.

Tl;dr
Pain Split > Discharge on Rotom W
U-turn > Dark Pulse on Hydreigon
Baton Pass > Heal Bell on Celebi
Trick Room Reuniclus > Calm Mind Reuniclus
Jirachi > Ferrothorn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)