The Return of the King {OU RMT}

------------------------------------------------------
The Return Of the King

{Scary Isn't It}

Intro

Hey Smogon! This is CDizzle23 bringing you my third RMT. This team is definitely the best, and most fun team I have created. The idea of it started way back in November when I lost to the same person three times in a row. I was so disappointed I decided to start all over and create a new team. The product of all of my hard work, testing, and editing is what I think is a great team. It has great synergy and keeps a lot of the top threats at bay while maintaining solid offensive pressure.

Team Building Process
To begin with I knew that I wanted this team to be really bulky, I actually wanted to go overboard with the amount of bulk on this team. There were a lot of bulky sweepers out there, but I wanted one that unpredictable and didn't usually run a bulky set. After a lot of thinking and testing I settled on Salamence.

After choosing Mence I knew I wanted to pair him up with another good bulky sweeper. My initial choice was Gyarados because he was bulky, could set up on things like skarmory and swampert.

After testing these two together for a while I found that they worked pretty good together, but I couldn't stand both my sweepers being stealth rock weak. So I decided to change Gyara to Suicune.

These two seemed to work great together, but after a lot of testing I found that suicune wasn't having much success. I tried almost every suicune set, but It wasn't contributing as much as I wanted it to. After lots of thinking I tested Jirachi in this position and it worked great on offense with Mence and it created the great Dragon-Steel synergy.

Now that I have happily chosen my sweepers I focused on what they were countered by. Bulky grounds such as swampert and hippowdon were definitely a pain. Also, Jirachi really doesn't like blissey and Tyranitar. So, the one pokemon that came to mind that was able to beat all of these pokemon was everyone's favorite mushroom.

At this point I realized that something, opposing Mences would have a field day with this team. Also, in order for my Mence to sweep fast scarfers like latias, gengar, and starmie would have to be out of the way. Scizor seemed to fit the bill here being able to reveng kill via bullet punch and trap with pursuit and he had the added bonus of being able to scout with u-turn.

Now I realized I had three pokemon weak to fire and only one resist, this was bad. Especialy with the amount of Heatran running around in today's metagame. I also noticed the lack of speed this team had so I decided to add my own Heatran.

Now like I said before I wanted to go overboard on the amount of this teams bulk. This meant I needed Dual Screens. My first idea was Azelf because of his ability to set up screens quickly.

I soon kicked Azelf do to it dying to quickly and it being to fragile. So I knew I wanted a bulky lead that could set up the rocks and Dual Screen. I looked down the list of ou's several times and the only pokemon I saw that could do all of these things was bronzong. This only added to my fire weakness and due to heatran not living forever I didn't want this. I then looked down the list of uu's and decided on testing out Uxie. It did almost the same thing as Azelf, but it was much bulkier and that is what I wanted. So, this is my team!

In Depth

Uxie

Uxie{N}@Light Clay
levitate
Jolly{+spe -spA} 252hp/16Def/16spD/224spe
~Light Screen
~Reflect
~Stealth Rock
~U-turn
-----------
This is definitely my favorite lead in the metagame right now it has good speed and great bulk. Uxie is here to provide my team with dual screens and stealth rock. Uxie also helps me gain offensive momentum with U-turn. There isn't that much to say about it but, it is a reliable lead that can come in on its resistances and immunities and set up the screens more than once.
How I handle common leads:

• Metagross: Set up reflect first turn, then either light screen or stealth rock depending on what they do.
  • Azelf: I U-turn as they taunt.
  • Jirachi: Switch to Heatran right away.
  • Swampert: Set up screens while sets up stealth rock then proceeds to switch or roar me away.
  • Aerodactyl: I U-turn to Scizor, then bullet punch for the OHKO.
  • Infernape: Set up screens and stealth rock as he sets up the I U-turn away.
  • Hippowdon: Set up screens and rocks as he sets up.
  • Bronzong: Set up Screens and SR then, U-turn away.
  • Ninjask: Set up reflect as he protects, then U-turn to scizor.
  • Tyranitar: Reflect, then either set up or U-turn away.

Scizor

Scizor{M}@Choice Band
Technician
Adamant{+atk -spA} 168hp/180atk/160spD
~Bullet Punch
~U-turn
~Pursuit
~Brick Break

--------------
Ahh...What can I say about Scizor that hasn't been said a million times before. Scizor role early in the game is to scout and have the opponents rack up stealth rock damage. He also has a very specific role on this team. He is a nice check to salamence and he disposes of things like latias, gengar, and starmie who when scarfed bring down my salamence.

Heatran

Heatran{M}@Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Naive{+spe -spD} 4atk/252/spA/252spe
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~Dragon Pulse
~Explosion
-------------
Heatran's main job on this team is absorb fire attacks[and he does it pretty good]. He also provides some speed which this team is lacking.Another thing he provides me with is a check to lucario which could sweep my team if salamence went down. Another thing Heatran does is take out skarmory which is essential to my team's success.

Breloom

Breloom{M}@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Adamant{+atk -spA} 252hp/252atk/4Def
~Focus Punch
~Seed Bomb
~Mach Punch
~Spore

---------
This is where things get fun! This Breloom is incredibly bulky under dual screens and becomes hard to take down because of poison heal. He is able to take down swampert and hippowdon with his STAB'd seed bomb making Salamence's sweep easier. He is also a great switch in to tyranitar, resisting tyranitar's STAB moves. And can revenge kill ddTar's with mach punch. Oh...and did I mention it PWNZ Blisseys.

Jirachi

Jirachi{N}@Leftovers
Serene Grace
Bold{+ Def -atk} 252hp/224Def/32spe
~Flash Cannon
~Thunderbolt
~Calm Mind
~Wish

------------
Wow, bulky CM Jirachi is one of my new favorite sweepers. Under Dual Screens It just doesn't die. If my opponent doesn't have a proper check for this, it will probably sweep their whole team. Jirachi's greatness doesn't stop there, it can heal the team via wish and it provides the team with many resists.

Salamence

Salamence{M}@Leftovers
Intimidate
jolly{+spe -spA} 252hp/180Def/76spe
~Dragon Claw
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance
~Roost
----------
Here it is, the star of the show. This thing is just a beast with the right support. Once skarmory and swampert are gone this thing will probably sweep. It is also very easy to set up because of dual screens and intimidate. Once this thing sets up it is very unlikely that it will be stopped and it is pretty much gg.
Final Glance

------------------------
Rate/Hate/Steal

Okay all i would like to say is the font is too big!..it sore on the eyes to read

I have a couple of things to help with this team. First - Why are you using that spread on scizor..i knwo you like bulk but...unless you change it to a swords dancer..it doesnt really work..go for the standard 248hp/252atk/8spd..and you could try superpower over brick break for more power, But if screens bother you its fine

On breloom..If your using screen you should try substitute..like you say he's extremely bulky with screens..meaning he's getting repeated focus punches of - which will hurt..and poison heal will restore the whole of you hp before your substitute break

Well thats all ive got to say..good luck!

Nice team! The Synergy is good to go, with at least two resistances in every type save flying and ghost, which are fairly uncommon.

Uxie: Explain to me again why Uxie has 224 Speed Evs and a + Speed nature. I can't see them going to any use. True, you will outspeed odd threats like scarf Smeargle, but what does that do for you? I recommend increasing the bulk of Uxie with a new EV Spread, which increases both physical and special bulk:
Impish 252HP/180DEF/76SP.DEF

The Old (without screens):

Adamant Metagross Meteor Mash (252 ATK EVS)= 41%~48.6%
+2 LO Naive Infernape Fire Blast (252SP.ATK EVS)= 96.9%~114.4%
Naive Heatran Explosion (4ATK EVS)= 73.2%~86.2%
CB Adamant Scizor Bullet Punch (252ATK EVS)= 35.9%~42.7%
LO Timid Latias Draco Meteor (252SP.ATK EVS)= 59.3%~69.8%

The New (without screens):

Adamant Metagross Meteor Mash (252 ATK EVS)= 35.9%~42.7%
+2 LO Naive Infernape Fire Blast (252SP.ATK EVS)= 92.4%~108.8%
Naive Heatran Explosion (4ATK EVS)=64.7%~76.3%
CB Adamant Scizor Bullet Punch (252ATK EVS)=31.6%~37.6%
LO Timid Latias Draco Meteor (252SP.ATK EVS)=56.2%~66.4%

Scizor:
Why do you have Brick Break on Scizor? Superpower is a better choice because it is very unlikely that Scizor will stay in battle long before switching out, and the boosts will go away.

Heatran:
I can't imagine why you wouldn't put Rash in place of Naive. There is nothing that Naive Heatran can outspeed that Rash can't, except for the occasional ScarfCross, but then Scizor is a smart switchin. Also, I would recommend you place Overheat in place of Fire Blast. On your team, I imagine that Heatran would serve as much more than a revenge killer, which means he would rarely stay in long, especially early game when there are still Heatran counters.

Breloom:
Already, I see that your team has 2 Revenge killers, and good ones at that. Mach Punch is not necessary on Breloom, and is a waste of a moveslot. I would place Substitute in place of Mach Punch. The way you play this new is to Sub up on a turn when your opponent will switch, and then unleash Spore. When it hits, Sub up again, and begin Focus Punching!

Jirachi:
I really like this set, and I can't find anything wrong with it. Good job!

Salamence:
With such a bulky set, I would give Salamence an Adamant Nature because I figure he will be able to get of at least one boost with no problem with those defensive stats, and probably two. With that, I would give Salamence 100 Attack Evs from Hp so that he will KO Max HP min Def Tyranitar after 2 switches into rocks.

VERY good team by you. I expect to see changes added!

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
uxie is band from standered OU/BL battles considering its UU.
No it's not. Just because it's UU doesn't mean it's banned from OU matches. Actually, the opposite happens. OU pokemon are banned from UU. Now, about the team. I agree with most of the people here. You should replace mach punch for substitue on your Breloom, and replace brick break for superpower on your Scizor.

Use the Uxie spread that you have, it is similar to Gliscor, and outspeeds major OU threats, namely SD Lucario.
Also, why would you do Calcs without screens?
Uxie Always gets screens up on metagross and heatran, and your other calcs are very random. Why did you randomly calc +2 Infernape and Latias? Scarf Tran handles both of those quite easily.

Btw I really like your team, but, on Breloom, I would run the standard spread of
252 Atk/208 Spd/48 Hp

This allows you to outspeed CroCune which is one of the best set up fodder's for Breloom in the game.

I like your Scizor spread, I use the same. It's very effecient for trapping Latias, because the SpD EV's help you take Draco Meteors better.

Overall, very nice team, I like it ;D

I like this team except I think you should run a LO SD Scizor over you CBer in order to make use of the screens, add some bulk, and have more sweeping potential while still being an excellent revenger. Try this

Scizor@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Technician
200 Hp, 252 Atk, 56 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit / U-Turn
-Swords Dance

This will make use of the screens by being able to set up under them, and have a lot of sweeping potential once one or 2 Swords Dances are completed.

Why in the hell would you run Pursuit on a SD set? Scizor on his team's goal is to trap, and kill, bulky Poke's like Celebi, Latias, Scarf Rotom, Scarf Gengar, etc... As well as spamming extremely strong U Turns to hurt the likes of Swampert and Bronzong. On his team, Scizor is not made to sweep, so don't suggest changes that are completely irrelevant to his team. Without Scizor, Mence is prone to revenge kills by Latias and the like.

I think you should change Scizor to 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Speed and give Breloom Leech Seed, Substitue, or Facade over Mach Punch.
I like this team's concept, but Salamence just threatens it too much.

He can set up on Breloom, Heatran(Earth Power), Uxie, and Jirachi. After one DD, this team will be easily massacred by the standard Dragon Dance Mence. Scizor serves a check, but he is virtually the only thing that stands between Salamence and the rest of your team. To semi-remedy this, you can give Uxie Thunderwave, or Your team relies very heavily on dual screens. If Uxie were to fail (which isn't hard due to Taunt, with Azelf being the #1 lead and Aerodactly being in the top 10), this team would be hard pressed to defeat a decent team. Porygon2 can greatly remedy yout mence troubles. Mamoswine and even Weavile could help out, but sadly they are Scizor bait.

If you are not having problems with Salamence, you can ignore the above comment,but I don't see how you are not having problems with mence.

Wow! Thanks for the rates everybody.

@Bluewhopper:
Uxie: Explain to me again why Uxie has 224 Speed Evs and a + Speed nature. I can't see them going to any use. True, you will outspeed odd threats like scarf Smeargle, but what does that do for you? I recommend increasing the bulk of Uxie with a new EV Spread, which increases both physical and special bulk:
Impish 252HP/180DEF/76SP.DEF
Uxie needs the speed in order to outspeed standard gliscor and is bulky enough under screens.

I use brick break on scizor because opposing dual screen teams hurt.

Heatran needs naive nature to outspeed {and explode on} +1 adamant LO gyarados which could really hurt this team if jirachi was out of the way and it ran waterfall/earthquake/ice fang/dd.

I am testing sub breloom

Salamence hits 280 spe with that spread meaning it outspeeds adamant lucario which would destroy this team if heatran went down and it packed ice punch. Also tyranitar usually doesn't last that long against Scizor/Breloom/Jirachi.

@Towelie: I am testing that breloom set

@NarutoXXUzumaki: Scizor's job is to trap latias and check salamence, not sweep.

@Warriorprince: Salamence never seemed to be a threat, if scizor fails at checking mence than i can send in my mence forcing it to outrage and then switch to either jirachi or heatran for the kill.

@Bluewhopper:Uxie needs the speed in order to outspeed standard gliscor and is bulky enough under screens.

I disagree. First off, the set you had to began with only speed tied with the average Gliscor. There are a few things you can do. First turn should always be U-turn, as the average lead Gliscor (SR,Taunt,Roost,Earthquake) can't touch you, and will taunt. From here, there are a two things you can do. Send in Breloom, who really can't be harmed with either U-turn or Earthquake (Leadscor's most common attacking moves). You can try to sub up, but he will most likely switch.

Another thing: Uxie has no way of stopping Spike leads, which may be a problem because I see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5(!!!) pokemon affected by Spikes. This, i can imagine, will make things difficult for you. With no spinner, you will be worn down by Spikes quickly, which is why I am suggesting a substitution for Uxie:

Starmie @ Life Orb / Natural Cure
Timid: 136HP/156DEF/216SPEED
Surf/Rapid Spin/T-bolt/Recover

With a Bulky set to fit the needs of your team (Survives +1 LO Adamant Gyarados Earthquake), this starmie seems to be the solution to your troubles. As a lead versus the common leads, Starmie loses only to Swampert (Breloom, please), and Tyranitar (Scizor, please).

First off, the set you had to began with only speed tied with the average Gliscor.
The average gliscor runs 308 spe. My uxie set runs 310 spe.

Also, the only common pokemon in ou that set up spikes are roserade, skarmory, and foretress. Fortress and skarmory are rarely leads and roserade usually tries to sep up T-spikes. Even if skarmory or foretress lead I just U-turn to heatran. With roserade I set up light screen, take the sleep then switch and I don't care if it sets up T-spikes as none of my pokemon are affected by it. Lastly, if I put starmie as my lead I lose stealth rock and dual screens.

Also, once breloom switches in to gliscor it will just get taunted and be useless.

May I suggest using Hidden Power Ice on Heatran, you may also want to opt for substitute instead of Mach Punch on Breloom. A smeargle lead can be annoying against this team so you must watch out for him. SuperPower can prove to be better on your Scizor because it does not have full attack EVs and will switch out soon anyway, it is not like you are gonna keep Brick Breaking after your opponent has switched in its Tyranitar and switches out Zapdos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)