Other The Return of the LoL - Epic Showdown of Destiny (Finals)

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
also UncleSam the next tournament needs to be either full premade or zero premade, it's gonna be inherently imbalanced otherwise

(I ain't salty, you guys won fair and square. I'm just sayin.)

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I mean, the premade team was also gettin dicked on p hard before playoffs. I think the main issue is that tryin to actually get games done with the same 5 players is hard as fuk, so it came down a lot to who subbed...

Ampharos

The only time they got dicked on was when they played us without Bluewind lol

But yea we def. need some hard and fast rules regarding substitutes.

Ampharos

Doing the whole thing in one sitting would certainly be better; the only issue is that it basically limits us to not doing tournaments at all during the school year or on weekdays. Tournaments with a weekly format can work - my uni does a biyearly LCS-style league in which matches are played one a week and it runs just fine - but the players that sign up have to be committed to sticking the whole thing out.

Yeti

dark saturday
ggs fellas we just didnt play well enough to win/avoid the snowball

tho it is sort of ?? who was actually supposed to be on their team and if the elos were truly equivalent, i think 2 of the premade members got permasubbed or something.

to clarify, I permasubbed for sargeant "four leaf" yohoe and we were both plat 2/3 with plenty of ranked games last season. SV was plat 4 (5?) and so was Eo.

but I agree that combining premades with non-premade teams is kind of silly. our team was objectively stacked from an elo standpoint. I'd be down for both a one-day feedfest or a longer, similarly formatted tournament. might be hard to get lots of people to commit to the same day for the former idea (although it's sort of like SPL draft so maybe it would work).

sooner rather than later!

No what needs to happen is we need to run a real tournament, run over the course of 3-6 hours where we either draft or premade and then just play until it's done.

Otherwise it takes weeks/months.
bump to see if there is interest in another round of feeding

edit: also to see if UncleSam is still interested in hosting, and to solicit comments on tournament structure

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I uh would be willing to play on certain days and would be willing to like help organize etc. but idk, might be better if someone else were principally in charge.

In though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)