Other The Return of the LoL - Epic Showdown of Destiny (Finals)

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok let's try to do the draft at 4 PM tomorrow then.

In terms of premades, the team of Jenzo/jumpluff/TheValkyries/ThePugilist/BLINGAS is obviously allowable, so I'll pencil that in. I'm a little apprehensive about the yohoE/Folgorio/Eo/PttP/bleuwind premade, as that seems a little too strong to me given the player pool, but considering this is mostly for fun I'm inclined to allow it. I'll take opinions from the captains on this though.

I need to get confirmation from Lavos Spawn Walrein z0m(no g)OG ;_; yohoE LightWolf Starbloom~ (aka the captains whose teams have not already been chosen for certain) that they can be online at 4 PM tomorrow. I'll probably run the draft through a combination of IRC, Skype, and a Google document. Join the channel #circus tomorrow if you can (instructions for how to get on synIRC can be found here, or at the least PM me with your Skype name. I'm thinking we pick players until we are out, and so will hopefully have at least one sub available on every team.

We will discuss precise format for the tournament tomorrow, but I want to keep it short so I'd like everyone to come either prepared to A. Agree to a swiss-system style tournament, or B. Propose a better format. I'd like to play either 2 or 3 games each Sunday afternoon starting next Sunday, going for two weekends and then having a best-of-three between the 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, etc. teams to determine a final ordering. This will take either two or maximum three weekends, taking ~2-3 hours per weekend. I will give a universal time for games, and if a team determines over the course of the week that they cannot make that time for one reason or another it is the captain's responsibility to contact the other team's captain and re-negotiate a time. If a team is 15 minutes late then the opposing team can claim a forfeit; if a match is not started by 25 minutes after the scheduled time then the opposing team is required to either claim a forfeit or attempt to reschedule, so as not to hold up further games played on that day. Please use me as a last resort to resolve differences. Finally, captains will be expected to report all results to me as well as to a google document that I will create...at some point X_X

Let me know if I'm forgetting anything. If you aren't signed up on the spreadsheet by tomorrow at 4 PM, then odds are you won't be drafted. A number of you have signed up in the thread but not on the sheet, and I am not going to track all of you down because we have enough signups in any case. I ask that if you think you cannot make a game on any Sunday that either you raise your concern with me before tomorrow or you remove your signup from the sheet with confirmation posted here.

"obviously allowable" don't underestimate the power of the GOON SQUAD bud
Does Tanner know he's on it even tho. Maybe we should buy him some MapleStory currency

edit: the swiss one sounds a lot of fun but if we do that we should at least attempt to schedule times before the absolute deadline to give ourselves leeway. games not getting done could be a worry. Also that way we can spectate others! Also Sam people are gonna be gone over Christmas weekend prolly, our second Swiss Sunday is the 27th.. I agree Sunday is probably the best universal day though.. might wanna let the two weeks of games be played over three weeks or something

Last edited:

Lavos

Banned deucer.
4 pm where? there are a lot of timezones lol. also saturday or sunday because your post says "tomorrow" posted at 12:12 AM

regarding premade teams, the folg/eo/bleuwind shit is ridiculous, that team is far too good. if premades are gonna be a thing they should be equal or worse than what an average non-premade team would look like.

i don't want a bunch of buddies (some of whom are decayed e.g. folg and their elo isn't being accurately deflected) teaming up and dicking on some randoms who just want to have fun.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Sorry 4 PM Central Standard Time on Saturday December 12th, aka 11.5ish hours from the time of this post.

Edit: Re. the 27th...I kind of doubt most people will be busy this day, it's two days after Christmas, I doubt anyone is traveling on this day, and it's a Sunday. If there are lots of problems with it then I'll consider a mass rescheduling but I think that most people should be able to play on this day.

problem isn't being in the car, it's being at a relative's house with terrible internet, no time, or without a computer. Anyway if this is actually going to be a problem for people they should say rather than assume, I agree with you but I just don't want this to combust over christmas lol

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Yeah confirming I will be out of town on the 27th visiting family, I doubt I'm literally the only one doing so. Christmas - New Years is big vacation travel time for like literally everyone.

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
4 pm where? there are a lot of timezones lol. also saturday or sunday because your post says "tomorrow" posted at 12:12 AM

regarding premade teams, the folg/eo/bleuwind shit is ridiculous, that team is far too good. if premades are gonna be a thing they should be equal or worse than what an average non-premade team would look like.

i don't want a bunch of buddies (some of whom are decayed e.g. folg and their elo isn't being accurately deflected) teaming up and dicking on some randoms who just want to have fun.
lol folg sucks now and eo is actually like gold 5 also bernie is in australia so hes basically bronze 3

UncleSam

Leading this village
I'll be locking signups in the google sheet in a few hours, if you want to sign up make sure to fill that out before ~3:30 CST (ie 2:45 from now). Lamppost I signed you up already.

I've not received any PMs from captains with Skype info so I will assume that everyone can make it onto IRC at 4 CST. The only people I'm concerned about are Starbloom~ and z0m(no g)OG ;_;, so if they could confirm for me privately or here that would be good.

In
Gold 3
auction draft? i dont know what snake pick is honestly and premades are no good for me because I don't know anyone on smogon really
dont wanna be a captain
adc or support

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)