The RU Open I - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Shadow Tag Gothitelle and Gothorita are allowed this round and all subsequent rounds. The vote on Gothitelle was delayed, but it was voted not broken.

Welcome to the fourth round of the RU Open! Everyone's favorite tier with which to watch your opponent crumble before you with power of your mighty Nidoqueen. May all of your Fire Blasts burn and your Thunderbolts paralyze!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard BW2 RU.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the RU ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown.
  • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.*

Shadow Tag Gothitelle and Gothorita are allowed this round and all subsequent rounds. The vote on Gothitelle was delayed, but it was voted not broken.

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

Pairings

Ciele vs shnen
Friar vs kokoloko
-Green- vs undisputed
Nelson-X vs Malekith
Lavos Spawn vs Bloo
Texas Cloverleaf vs blarajan
Ginku vs TheMexican
Xx Coren37 vs Heist
mfhoundoom vs Pedrock
Asterat vs DarkLoïc
McMeghan vs Double01
xtrashine vs Ningildo

Highlight Matches

McMeghan vs Double01

Benelux wonder McMeghan storms into RU once again after coming off as the victor of the most recent official RU tourney. Can he keep his hot streak going, or will RU veteran Double01 prove too worthy of an opponent? Double01 has proven his mettle lately in the RU Mini-Tourneys and is a constant presence in the #rarelyused IRC channel. He also just came off two wins against fellow top RU player ShakeItUp and top tier player Hantsuki. Will Double01's constant exposure to RU fortify him with the knowledge to come out on top again, or will McMeghan pull out yet another win and knock another top RU player out of contention for the trophy? ~Oglemi

Lavos Spawn vs Bloo

This match up probably features two players on the opposite sides of the spectrum. On one hand, we have we have Lavos Spawn, an irritating, grating and bad mannered player who's relatively new to the competitive scene but is still liked by many in the competitive community.

<Eo> Lavos Spawn is like a pendulum that ceaselessly sways back and forth along a good-poor user spectrum
<Eo> (although he hasn't really done anything bad recently)

<Tobes> he's been posting a lot in OU
<Tobes> and his posts are pretty decent and plenty of discussion is happening
<Tobes> but he's so condescending / smug
<Tobes> that it negates it all

He has also proved his mettle with his solid performance in the last edition of Smogon's World Cup of Pokemon, proving that regardless of his terrible trash talking, he's still a threat in any match up. On the other hand, we have Bloo who is the heartthrob of iconic and Haunter, winner of last year's Smogon Frontier and the Smogon World Cup, a picture-perfect user, who everyone aspires to be. That is, until they found out he rage quitted this year's Smogon Frontier after a grand number of 4 games, chickened out of doing a well, and lost against a FEAR Aron in the finals of the Weather Monopoly Finals, prompting his semi-retirement. Then again, Bloo is probably one of the most feared players, for a good reason, and should be considered the favorite coming into this match up, given his impressive resume. ~Eraddd

Deadline for this round is September 6th.

Quick note about activity wins. If your opponent gives you an explicit date and time he can play, or he gives you exact times where he's free, please DO NOT simply respond with "i'm free sometime next week." That will get your opponent the activity win every time. Make an effort to actually schedule a match. A lot of activity wins last round were decided because of this.

Extensions have until September 1st to get done

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Friar vs kokoloko
-Green- vs undisputed
Nelson-X vs Malekith
Lavos Spawn vs Bloo
Texas Cloverleaf vs blarajan
Ginku vs (TheMexican vs Master of the Six Kings)
Xx Coren37 vs Heist
mfhoundoom vs Pedrock
Asterat vs (DarkLoïc vs DestinyUnknown)
McMeghan vs Double01
xtrashine vs Ningildo

some fun matchups :o

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
Yeah, for some strange reasons, my team wasn't loaded for game 2 and so i had to battle with team 1 (the same i used for game 1, malekith knowing everything about it). Ofc, malekith bitched me and didn't take the matter to answer me when i asked him if i could change, being able to take a timestall r1 win.

gg's but quiet ashamed by your fairplay.

[23:38] <+blarajan> why aren't i a highlight match
[23:38] <+blarajan> i demand highlight status
[23:38] <+blarajan> for every match i play
[23:38] <+blarajan> ever

Will play Cloves when he stops being a john! We have agreed for this match to not use Gothitelle because fuck you all. Stupid Pokemon.

edit: also Oglemi stop being an english noob and change the capitalized IS ALLOWED to ARE ALLOWED kthx

Lavos

Banned deucer.
spoke to Bloo and we'll get it done this weekend I guess

maybe I should use a different team this round

edit: Bloo won two games to one, ggs bud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)