The Sand Feels Nice Here

The Sand Feels Nice Here

Team by Moet and MoMoneyNOPrblms. Presentation by The Great Mighty Doom.

This is moet here and as you can see I'm here to rmt one of my first bw2 teams. I had about 3 before this one but they weren't as good as this one was. I no longer use this team because the meta has calmed down and rain isn't used as much as it was, compared to when bw2 came out, so I decided to rmt it. I hope you all enjoy.​

At First Glance:

Teambuilding Process:

So when Mo and I started this team the thing we tried to accomplish was anti rain. As I stated in the intro rain was in almost every single battle occurred and we wanted to combat it as well as possible. So we decided that Tyranitar, in our opinion, was one of the best anti rain pokes.​

Next we needed hazards and a good special wall but one that could hit back. So we added Terrakion which got Stealth rocks from the move tutor and Jirachi who can handle Tornadus-t fairly well.​

So I really wanted a hard rain abuser. Not something that can just do well but can use the rain just as well as my opponent could. Specs zone came to mind. And I really loved the power of Thunder.​

Looking over the team we noticed nothing can really take any rain boosted anything, and Tyranitar can take only so much abuse. Mo mentioned how Amoongus with Regenerator was released. So we added that thinking it would be a good rain sponge.​

Last but definitely not least we decided we needed a good cleanup sweeper. The team was also looking slow so a scarf was in our best interest. The only 2 (good) scarfs we could think of at the time was Salamence and Terrakion. So seeing how we were already using the latter we went with Mence.​

So you may be wondering, wtf this isnt the team I saw at first glance. Well as I took the team out to ladder I noticed two things. Terrakion generally wasnt doing anything, but being death fodder, and Mamoswine completely destroyed me. So it was at this point I decided that Lando-T can set up rocks just as well as Terra can plus with Intimidate he became a pseudo Mamoswine counter, but I went one step farther and added defensive Gyarados to pretty much check any form of Mamo barring the somewhat rare stone edge variants.​

The Team:

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge​

Tyranitar the Tyrant he's been called. The big boss man. The glue to this whole team. The given evs are for as much power as possible to try and destroy the opposing weather inducer, while giving him the bulk to take scalds and pumps in the sand. Crunch and Pursuit and perfect for playing those Lati@s mind games. Low Kick is preferred over superpower solely for the lack in attack and defense drop, and Stone Edge is to hit all the new birds that are roaming the sky this meta.The main role for him is just as it seems. Set up rain cause damage and get out of their. If I feel like something will even take him close to being ko'd I switched him out because he's far too valuable.​

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 60 Atk / 200 Def / 48 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk​

Gyarados is not only a offensive monster but thanks to his above average bulk he is also a very good wall. Given evs let him take almost any physical move and proceed to waterfall or roar depending on the mon. The little attack and speed is just to hit and move a little bit better and faster respectively. No real use.And because of the sleep talk combo he pulls off I almost never worry about him dying or becoming set up fodder. The main job for him is to beat mamoswine and also be my rain wall. With rest I dont worry about scald burns or toxic damage, and with roar nothing can set up in my face.​

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

Thunder on a sand team... Yeah but it works. Shout out to Doom who I got the idea from, he used it in Worlc Cup Of Pokemon against a rain team and it really helped him win the match. It's very good and really good rain check. with the right predictions this thing does work. Evs are for as much power as I can afford while not being too slow. Thunder as stated is so blasting rain teams Volt switch is for when I'm predicting a switch. Flash cannon is for Thundurus, Mamo's, Hippo's, things like that predicting a Thunder, and hp fire is for those Ferro traps. The role for Zone on this team is to cause mayhem. Plain and simple. Switch in use the correct move and switch out. When he switches in something is usually dying.​

Landorus-T (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

The new Landorus form, some have called it underwhelming, others have called it amazing. Me personally I think its nice, just nice. Anywho ev's given make this thing a powerhouse, little can take a hit or two and live to tell the tale. Stealth rocks because hazards are important, Earthquake because powerful STAB, Stone Edge for coverage, and HP Ice for Gliscor's that think they can switch into Stone Edge/Eq. The main part to play here is rocks. A ko is nice but rocks are what I really need. If they have a Gliscor or Thundurus Ill play a little more cautious with him but otherwise rocks and his job is done.​

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SDef / 96 Spd
- Wish
- Psychic
- Iron Head
- Body Slam​

Jirachi my only other wall. Without this thing Tornadus-T would take my team for a ride.Evs are invested almost solely in bulk so I can stand up to repeated Hurricanes, Focus Blast's, and things of that nature while I run 96 Speed to beat out adamant base 80's such as Mamoswine and Dragonite. Between Wish Body Slam and Iron Head I can almost guarantee Jirachi will be alive for awhile. Psychic is for Toxicroak which was very hard for my team to take down with out Rachi.​

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake​

Salamence is arguably one of the best scarfs, barring maybe terrakion but who's talking about him anymore. The Closer as I like to call her. (Leave a comment if you got that). Its raw power plus moxie usually means a win for me. Evs are for max power and speed with a naive nature so I can at least tie with other base 100's. Outrage for strong STAB and Draco for those Dragons that are locked into Outrage but I cant afford to lock myself in yet. Fire Blast for Scizor's and Skarmory's that switch in excepting an Outrage and Earthquake for when its too early to lock in or just for some Super Effective Damage.

Exportable:

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 SDef
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 60 Atk / 200 Def / 48 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

Landorus-T (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SDef / 96 Spd
- Wish
- Psychic
- Iron Head
- Body Slam​

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake​

Threat List:

Mamoswine: This thing is just ugh. Gyara helps alot. But if it dies and Mamo lives its pretty much gg for me.​

Tornadus-t: Same thing Jirachi helps but he cant take 2 Heat Waves so I have to play around it. And if I lose jirachi is all on mence to revenge it.​

Stall: Really big problem, cant do much about it.​

Conclusion:

This team works pretty well and I'm overall pretty happy with it, as I said in the intro I don't really use this team much anymore. Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading this RMT, bye.

Props:

MoMoneyNOPrblms - For helping me make the team.

The Great Mighty Doom - For helping with the presentation of my first RMT, and the idea of Specs Magnezone with Thunder in a sand team.

If you are having problems dealing with mamo, try changing magnezone to a scarf set over a specs set

Mamoswine will almost always ice shard or icicle crash right off the bat as a safe move. Magnezone can take that no problem and then hit back with a flash canon which is a guaranteed KO, unless they are running SDef investment which is rare on a mamoswine set.

This will also let you take out max speed jolly scizor without having to take a superpower to the face

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Hello Moet, quite the team you got there! First off, I'd like to say that the bulky offensive presense that this team brings to a battle seems to be impeccable. However, I question the use of your gyrados set as you can only abuse it so much without spikes or toxic spikes as your only form of entery hazards is stealth rocks on Landorus-T. I'd also advise using either a bulky choice banded gyrados which I've used amazingly, even though it is uncommon and underestimated, or an intimidate bulky DD set and then maybe giving it rest with a lum berry...this is jsut theorymonning.(dragon dance, rest, waterfall, earthquake/bounce/ice fang/stone edge/taunt/sub with a maxhimum hp investment decent attack and speed investment and a bit of defensive investemnt, with the lum berry, SORRY FOR THE COMPLICATED SET :)

Anyway, there are a few optional changes like zen headbutt over psychic on rachi for flinch chance, u turn over hp ice on landorus-t because it's sp atk is onyl a miniscule 100 (superpower might work as well for ferrothorns and predicted mamoswines)

Lastly, for amoongus and breloom instead of thunder on magnezone add sleep talk, or at least give it thunderbolt because you're not a rain team and magnezone won't like missing thunder in vital situations!
Sleep talk helps give you a 100% chance to draw an attack while evading foddering off a pokemon that can be used as set up fodder for your opponent later on or, can cause you to lose due to not being able to handle a threat.
Nevertheless, please give this a look and good luck with this fantastic sand team of yours! :D

Hey Moet. I took a very long look at your team and I looked relentlessly at it in hopes of finding something definite that you are weak to. This was very hard, because your team (despite using some of the oddest sets [not a bad thing]), was built around great resistances. Since this team had answers to most of the most common problems with teams (things like too few dragon resists or whatever) your team is fairly adept in. However, I did manage to find a couple of pokemon that, with the right team support, can cause you trouble.

The Problem:

First off, I noticed that you are depending heavily on your Gyarados to tank physical hits. While I love his use for this purpose (because Intimidate is such a powerful ability), I realize that he's gonna get worn down, even with his bulkiest set, Resttalk. Some of the more powerful OU threats are going to literally power through Gyarados, even with the intimidate (this assumes that the opponent has Stealth Rock up on your side of the field). the thing is, gyarados is your only check to Mamoswine. I say only because so many of them run Jolly natures now; this means that Jirachi is outsped. Without him (and I suppose fancy switching with Landorus-T) you will lose, and quickly. this means that if the opponent has Stealth Rock and Mamoswine, you are at a very large disadvantage, unable to allow Mamo to come in on anything if Gyarados is injured at all. The point of this is that you need to keep Gyarados healthy throughout the match if you want to prevent an opposing Mamoswine from wrecking your team. Additionally, you would want a better shot to check similar offensive threats that could nail you (things like CB Terrakion come to mind, 2HKOing Landorus-T with intimidate and Stone Edge). The pokemon that is in Gyarados' slot must act as a very physically Bulky pokemon that gives your team some kind of support. I think that Slowbro over Gyarados is a switch that would benefit you.

The Solution:

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold: 252Hp/252Def/4SpA
~Scald
~Psychic
~Thunder Wave
~Slack Off

Benefits:

My goodness does this set do a ton of stuff for your team. Primarily, Slowbro is great for tanking Choiced physical attackers, and then fleeing to the best answer to it, recovering most of the impact whilst doing so. To indicate this set's bulkiness, a Jolly CB Terrakion's best move (X-Scissor) will do ~50% to Slowbro. This allows you to switch out to Landorus-T and force him out. True, you will most likely have to revenge kill it. However, Gyarados would have fallen much easier prey to a Stone Edge. Additionally, Slowbro packs Thunder Wave, which is sometimes an odd option on Slowbro. Here is why Slowbro needs TWave on this team: You are using an unchoiced Landorus-T. This means that you will be outsped by a whole ton of stuff. Using Thunder Wave will slow down the opposition, allowing Landorus-T to become another path to victory. Also, this makes up a bit for Specs over Scarf Magnezone.

Downsides:

The thing that you lose in this suggested switch is your only phaser. Additionally, you lose a "best switch" to breloom, who would give this team only a minor nuisance. The additional Intimidate is useful, however, Landorus-T can usually come in and make threatening physical threats nerfed. No really Huge loss. I Guess that Slowbro is pursuit weak, but he can Flamethrower Scizor and can cripple tyranitar with TWave or a lucky Scald Burn.

Other Small Changes

Since Mamoswine is such a huge threat to this team (and many others), I would like to suggest a change that would give Jirachi a bit more speed in order to outspeed Jolly Mamoswine (which I am convinced that you will see more of). An EV spread of 252Hp/60SpD/196Spe, Careful will definitely help you nab Mamoswine if Slowbro becomes too weakened. Also, I find that you really do not have enough trouble with Toxicroak as you may claim, so I don't see the need for him to keep Psychic, as it is already nerfed by your Naughty nature (not yours, Jirachi's ^_^). I would suggest changing Psychic to Stealth Rock.

Ok. remember way back in my rate when I said that you could use Thunder Wave to make Landorus more viable? yeah, it's going to be apparent here. First off, I would like you to change your already changed Stealth Rock to a U-turn. As is often the case, you will come in and nerf a choiced user, and this will often force a switch. U-Turn is such a great move to keep the momentum in your favor. Finally, I would like to suggest to you that you change your item from a Life orb to Choice Band. Choice Bandorus-T is such a powerful, powerful pokemon. You will find that as well as acting as an Intimidate pivot, Landorus-T will be able to break through some dedicated physical walls with his brute strength. This provides you with the wallbreaker that you've been needing (against stall), and this will also help weaken physical walls that would wall Salamence, your best sweeper.

One final small thing (I promise it's small, lol): I would definitely run Superpower over Low kick on Tyranitar. Simply put, Tyranitar's moveset as it is is too easily walled by a dedicated wall for the Atk/Def drop to make a large difference; besides, long stints in battle aren't what he needs if you want him to stay alive for weather warring. Finally, it guarantees you a really powerful move against the opponent, rather than a variable power move.

EDIT: Damage Calculations in regards to Slowbro's physical bulkyness

Jolly LO Mamoswine EQ: 144 - 171 36.5% - 43.4%
Jolly CB Mamoswine EQ: 166 - 196 42.1% - 49.7%

Slowbro (according to numbers) makes a good first switch into Mamoswine, which helps you scout for his set and make additional switches

Hey Moet. I took a very long look at your team and I looked relentlessly at it in hopes of finding something definite that you are weak to. This was very hard, because your team (despite using some of the oddest sets [not a bad thing]), was built around great resistances. Since this team had answers to most of the most common problems with teams (things like too few dragon resists or whatever) your team is fairly adept in. However, I did manage to find a couple of pokemon that, with the right team support, can cause you trouble.

The Problem:

First off, I noticed that you are depending heavily on your Gyarados to tank physical hits. While I love his use for this purpose (because Intimidate is such a powerful ability), I realize that he's gonna get worn down, even with his bulkiest set, Resttalk. Some of the more powerful OU threats are going to literally power through Gyarados, even with the intimidate (this assumes that the opponent has Stealth Rock up on your side of the field). the thing is, gyarados is your only check to Mamoswine. I say only because so many of them run Jolly natures now; this means that Jirachi is outsped. Without him (and I suppose fancy switching with Landorus-T) you will lose, and quickly. this means that if the opponent has Stealth Rock and Mamoswine, you are at a very large disadvantage, unable to allow Mamo to come in on anything if Gyarados is injured at all. The point of this is that you need to keep Gyarados healthy throughout the match if you want to prevent an opposing Mamoswine from wrecking your team. Additionally, you would want a better shot to check similar offensive threats that could nail you (things like CB Terrakion come to mind, 2HKOing Landorus-T with intimidate and Stone Edge). The pokemon that is in Gyarados' slot must act as a very physically Bulky pokemon that gives your team some kind of support. I think that Slowbro over Gyarados is a switch that would benefit you.

The Solution:

Slowbro @ Leftovers
~Scald
~Psychic
~Thunder Wave
~Slack Off

Benefits:

My goodness does this set do a ton of stuff for your team. Primarily, Slowbro is great for tanking Choiced physical attackers, and then fleeing to the best answer to it, recovering most of the impact whilst doing so. To indicate this set's bulkiness, a Jolly CB Terrakion's best move (X-Scissor) will do ~50% to Slowbro. This allows you to switch out to Landorus-T and force him out. True, you will most likely have to revenge kill it. However, Gyarados would have fallen much easier prey to a Stone Edge. Additionally, Slowbro packs Thunder Wave, which is sometimes an odd option on Slowbro. Here is why Slowbro needs TWave on this team: You are using an unchoiced Landorus-T. This means that you will be outsped by a whole ton of stuff. Using Thunder Wave will slow down the opposition, allowing Landorus-T to become another path to victory. Also, this makes up a bit for Specs over Scarf Magnezone.

Downsides:

The thing that you lose in this suggested switch is your only phaser. Additionally, you lose a "best switch" to breloom, who would give this team only a minor nuisance. The additional Intimidate is useful, however, Landorus-T can usually come in and make threatening physical threats nerfed. No really Huge loss. I Guess that Slowbro is pursuit weak, but he can Flamethrower Scizor and can cripple tyranitar with TWave or a lucky Scald Burn.

Other Small Changes

Since Mamoswine is such a huge threat to this team (and many others), I would like to suggest a change that would give Jirachi a bit more speed in order to outspeed Jolly Mamoswine (which I am convinced that you will see more of). An EV spread of 252Hp/60SpD/196Spe, Careful will definitely help you nab Mamoswine if Slowbro becomes too weakened. Also, I find that you really do not have enough trouble with Toxicroak as you may claim, so I don't see the need for him to keep Psychic, as it is already nerfed by your Naughty nature (not yours, Jirachi's ^_^). I would suggest changing Psychic to Stealth Rock.

Ok. remember way back in my rate when I said that you could use Thunder Wave to make Landorus more viable? yeah, it's going to be apparent here. First off, I would like you to change your already changed Stealth Rock to a U-turn. As is often the case, you will come in and nerf a choiced user, and this will often force a switch. U-Turn is such a great move to keep the momentum in your favor. Finally, I would like to suggest to you that you change your item from a Life orb to Choice Band. Choice Bandorus-T is such a powerful, powerful pokemon. You will find that as well as acting as an Intimidate pivot, Landorus-T will be able to break through some dedicated physical walls with his brute strength. This provides you with the wallbreaker that you've been needing (against stall), and this will also help weaken physical walls that would wall Salamence, your best sweeper.

One final small thing (I promise it's small, lol): I would definitely run Superpower over Low kick on Tyranitar. Simply put, Tyranitar's moveset as it is is too easily walled by a dedicated wall for the Atk/Def drop to make a large difference; besides, long stints in battle aren't what he needs if you want him to stay alive for weather warring. Finally, it guarantees you a really powerful move against the opponent, rather than a variable power move.
Slowbro is NOT a solid check to Mamoswine in sand. The only real safe checks are Skarmory, Bronzong and the less viable Cresselia.

If you are having problems dealing with mamo, try changing magnezone to a scarf set over a specs set

Mamoswine will almost always ice shard or icicle crash right off the bat as a safe move. Magnezone can take that no problem and then hit back with a flash canon which is a guaranteed KO, unless they are running SDef investment which is rare on a mamoswine set.

This will also let you take out max speed jolly scizor without having to take a superpower to the face
Thanks I will try this out. I tend to prefer the power of specs zone but I scarf might surprise alot more people.

Hello Moet
Hi Finch :toast:

However, I question the use of your gyrados set as you can only abuse it so much without spikes or toxic spikes as your only form of entery hazards is stealth rocks on Landorus-T. I'd also advise using either a bulky choice banded gyrados which I've used amazingly, even though it is uncommon and underestimated, or an intimidate bulky DD set and then maybe giving it rest with a lum berry...this is jsut theorymonning.(dragon dance, rest, waterfall, earthquake/bounce/ice fang/stone edge/taunt/sub with a maxhimum hp investment decent attack and speed investment and a bit of defensive investemnt, with the lum berry, SORRY FOR THE COMPLICATED SET :)
The point of the Gyara set isnt to phaze and rack residual damage but to stop mamoswine and prevent people from setting up in it's face. I never thought about a bulky Band set I will try that out. A Dragon Dance set isnt preferred because im not trying to sweep with it but hard counter something.

Anyway, there are a few optional changes like zen headbutt over psychic on rachi for flinch chance, u turn over hp ice on landorus-t because it's sp atk is onyl a miniscule 100 (superpower might work as well for ferrothorns and predicted mamoswines)
Psychic is for toxicroak mainly who with bulkup can take zen headbutt. Hp ice on Landorus is for Gliscor who would otherwise wall this set, bulky toxicscor that is.

Lastly, for amoongus and breloom instead of thunder on magnezone add sleep talk, or at least give it thunderbolt because you're not a rain team and magnezone won't like missing thunder in vital situations!
Sleep talk helps give you a 100% chance to draw an attack while evading foddering off a pokemon that can be used as set up fodder for your opponent later on or, can cause you to lose due to not being able to handle a threat.
Nevertheless, please give this a look and good luck with this fantastic sand team of yours! :D
I never thought about sleep talk on Zone, and while thunder doesnt tend to hit as much as I would like it to it does hit enough to be useful. I would though change it over volt switch because I hardly ever use it. Thanks for the rate :D.

The Problem:

The Solution:

Slowbro @ Leftovers
~Scald
~Psychic
~Thunder Wave
~Slack Off

Benefits:

Downsides:

Other Small Changes
Yea Gyara is a the only thing saving me from mamoswine and idk why I never thought of slowbro. I will definitely try him out.

I need all the special defense I can pump into rachi seeing its my only special wall. I would rather go no speed but I found at least beating base 80's was good. And while my team might not look toxicroak weak, they tend to travel on rain teams meaning lando is hardly going to last long as is usually the first thing i fodder off. Plus even with the Careful Nature Psychic is always a OHKO.

Thanks for the idea, I will try this. I will probably fit rocks onto tyranitar to test it out.

I will also give this a try. But I usually prefer low kick because usually the things I hit with superpower I hit just as hard with low kick.Thanks for the overall rate.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Moet, this is a nice team and thanks for the shoutout.

After trying this team out for a little while I found that Gyrados really didn't do anything, without Spikes he can only cause residual damage with Stealth Rocks and his weak waterfall which is pretty out of place for an offensive team. I also found that Volt-Turn was a pretty big problem, your only safe switch in to Rotom-W was Jirachi and then they'd bring Scizor in and you'd have to switch out, then the whole cycle starts again.

I really think you should try I really think you should try a Dual Screens Rotom-W over Gyrados, this may seem like a strange Rotom to be suggesting but trust me it can work wonders. Rotom-W still acts as a reliable rain check and can do the same jobs as Gyrados apart from phazing. Rotom-W is a good check to Mamoswine, Tornadus-t and common members of Volt-Turn teams such as; Scizor, Landorus and even opposing Rotom-W when you have a Light Screen up. Rotom-W seems a logical choice for checking all the above threats, but why the Dual Screens? Well basically your team can be too reliant on one specific pokemon to take down a threat that literally beats the rest of your team almost single handedly (Mamoswine), without changeing multiple members of your team you will stay dangerously weak to Mamosiwne and so I decided to suggest an offensive option rather than a defensive option to lower your weakness to Mamoswine. With a Reflect up none of the pokemon in your team are OHKOd my Mamosine bar Magnezone, this means that Mamoswine can't stop a late game Moxie Mence sweep. Dual Screens Rotom-W is good on teams with set up sweepers and although Salamence isn't a set up sweeper, after bringing it in on a pokemon within Outrage range and killing them it'll be +1 in attack and speed, so it may as well be

Rotom-W @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 96 SAtk / 100 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Reflect
- Light Screen

100 SDef and 252 HP means Rotom-W can live 2 max damage Specs Hurricanes from Tornadus-t after Rocks, the 60 Def EVs are to live 2 max damage Stone Edges from Jolly Life Orb Mamoswine and the rest is pumped into SAtk with a Modest nature to still retain strong hitting power. This particular Rotom-W set lacks a recovery move but that's made up for with Jirachi's Wish support. Jirachi and Rotom-W's amazing defensive syngery and Rotom-W's low HP stat makes Rotom-W an amazing recipient of Wish from Jirachi

With an extra pokemon to take special hits and Light Screen support, there is no longer a need for so many SDef EVs on Jirachi, I suggest you take them all out and change your Jirachi spread to 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spd. You could also consider an Adamant Nature,whether you keep Careful or change to Adamant. Jirachi's Para Flinching will do alot more damage with the new spread and will let you hax more effeciently.

If you change Jrachi's Spread to the one I suggested above then I definetly recommend Zen Headbutt over Psychic on Jirachi. This is because with the new attack you do (102.17% - 121.74%) with a careful Nature to Standard Bulk Up Toxicroak at +1 with Zen Headbutt and (111.96% - 133.70%) with an Adamant Nature. You could also try Substitute over Psychic / Zen Headbutt, so that you can't be statused and seismic toss / night shade wont break your 101 hp subs, making Stall easier to beat.

Anyway, I hope these suggestions helped and GL with the team :]

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

I think that your team is pretty weak to Rotom-W. Rotom-W is a very annoying Pokemon, as it carries great coverage and Will-O-Wisp to screw up physical attackers. It's fairly easy for Rotom-W to come in on Magnezone locked into HP Fire or Flash Cannon, Gyarados, or one of your Earthquake users, and then the turn that follows will be a nightmare. If it uses Will-O-Wisp it's pretty much guarenteed to screw up whatever switches in because your only Special Attacker is Magnezone which is pretty frail and can't exactly take Hydro Pump very well, and my guess is that you really want to keep it for enemy Steel types that stop Salamence's sweep. It can also Volt Switch on your team for pretty good damage as your only immunity gets smashed by Hydro Pump. Rotom-W is pretty difficult to deal with without a Special Attacker to be fair, because of the threat of Will-O-Wisp. I think that Choice Specs Latios would fit this team very well over Landorus-T. Latios is one of the best Rotom-W switch in as it doesn't really mind Will-O-Wisp and it can smash it with the almighty Draco Meteor which is seriously going to wreck whatever switches in if it isn't heavily invested in Special Defense or is something like Blissey. Latios also gives you extra insurance against Hydro Pump spammers which are horribly common in the current metagame. It will also help you greatly against Stall as it can beat down pretty much everything with its brute strength (even Blissey can be 2HKOed by Psyshock) and can heavily cripple one of their Pokemon with Trick. Losing Landorus-T means you lose Stealth Rock support though, but you can fit them on Tyranitar though.

I'd really advise to use either Bluewooper's or The Great Mighty Doom's suggestion to replace Gyarados, as both are very good suggestion and help your team tremendeously.

Last thing, I don't think Chople Berry is that great of an item choice for Tyranitar. Chople Berry Tyranitar is a great choice for a team that lacks the appropriate checks to Tornadus-T or Reuniclus but I really don't think you lack them, because you have Jirachi which can check both fairly well. Instead, I think you should use the classic Leftovers. Leftovers will greatly help your team because it helps it a lot tanking ridiculous hits like Latios' Draco Meteor which would be Jirachi's job if Tyranitar is at low health, and with Chople Berry's lack of recovery this is likely to happen earlier in the game than if you had Leftovers. I understand that it helps bluffing a Choice set because all your Tyranitar has are attacking moves but if you take my suggestion or bluewooper's concerning Landorus-T, you'll need to fit Stealth Rock in there which is going to pretty much waste any bluffing value.

Otherwise, I really like that team. I've been using something similar lately (SpecsZone + Scarf Mence, with Thunderbolt however) and boy, it smashes so many teams it's ridiculous. I like it a lot. Here's the set you should use:

Latios @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Draco Meteor
~Psyshock
~Hidden Power Fire
~Trick

Good luck!

Hello! Firstly, I would like to offer Tyranitar of a different EV spread: 232 HP | 88 Atk | 12 Def | 36 SpD | 140 Spe with an adamant nature

Ev Explanation [credits to friend 49]
88 Atk EVs and an Adamant nature because Careful Nature is weak and exploitable as hell allow Ttar to safely 2HKO CM Reuniclus, OHKO Latios / Lucario, and other fun things. 140 Speed EVs allow Ttar to outpace minimally invested Heatran, while aslo avoiding CB Scizor speed creep shenanigans. 232 HP EVs minimizes residual damage without overly compromising bulk, with 12 EVs in Defense guaranteeing he can take a +2 Bullet Punch from Bulky SD Scizor (happens), and the rest tossed to SpD for sponging special hits 'n stuff. Chople Berry is just awesome for him, allowing him to take a non-STABed Fighting-type move from any given 'mon and retaliating, allowing him to check Tornadus-T, OTR Reuniclus, and the rest of the list I tossed out earlier.

Also, on Tyranitar, Superpower is way better than Low Kick, scoring much more damage and OHKOs over Low Kick. I would replace Pursuit or Crunch with SR as Lando-T doesn't really like setting up rocks tbh as it gives away its non-choiceness right away.

With wish on Rachi, you could run Shuca Berry so you can counter Mamoswine better, as lefties won't be missed too much. You could decided to put hp [ice] over psychic (do you really need it? seriously your team walls fighting mons) and you can hit EQ users like Lando-T / Lando / EQ Salemence / Mamoswine / DD TTar (ok, hes rare, but still) / and Gliscor.

I would replace Gyarados completely, as it just gets SR weakened and you only have 33% chance of using waterfall... which sucks. Especially since its speed without DD makes it so its roars aren't as fast as some would like either. Furthermore, you don't have the hazard support to actually support roar on Gyara anyways. You've already got Lando-T using Intimidate so it isn't that big of a loss. I would use Mighty Doom's suggestion and run Dual Screen Rotom-W.

On Rachi (again) since you made this change you could run EV spread of 132 hp / 160 atk / 216 spe, adamant with 30 hp / 30 def IVs.

EV Explanation
This is a mod of ShakeItUps's Jirachi. 216 Speed effort values allow you to outspeed adamant Gliscor, and I believe jolly Mamo (or maybe just adamant, I can't remember :s). The attack evs are from Might Doom, which allow you to attack hard with Iron Head hax. The rest is invested in bulk as you don't need satk evs (like Shake's spread; his rachi is a mixed wall breaker), you want bulk so you can sponge hurricanes which this set can do just fine.

With SR slot free, you can try lots of things. For starters, Rock Polish allows you to become a very good late-game sweeper; like the old Landorus. In fact, since your in sand, it wouldn't be a bad idea just to use the old Landorus anyways since sand force outclasses Lando-T, and since your in sand, you might as well abuse it. If you don't want Rock Polish, substitute is a good choice, allowing you to hit stall harder (and the Landorus-I can still do this better than Lando-T as it has better speed). If you don't like that, finally, you can try Gravity, allowing you to beat Lando's usual counters, either Lando (but Lando-I is better than Lando-T) can perform this and beat stuff like Skarm and Rotom-W with ease.

Good Luck,
Ikari

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
You're really spikes weak. Skarmory spikes on literally your entire team and the only way that you have to stop it from getting layers is sending in magnezone, which is not exactly reliable considering you lack a spinner and your opponent is likely going to play cautiously when they see magnezone in team preview. The easiest way to fix this is probably just to run starmie over gyarados. Gyarados is definitely the weakest link on this team and keldeo seems like a pretty tough threat to beat so I think that running scald / psychock / recover / rapid spin starmie with lefties, 252 hp / 32 def / 224 spe and a timid nature would cover it up pretty nicely. Mamoswine is still probably the biggest threat to this team easily. A life orb set can literally come in and ko pretty much anything and do lots of damage with almost any move. If you decide to test starmie, I don't think that magnezone is really necessary anymore. You could easily just run skarmory over magnezone and solve your mamoswine problem completely. Not to mention that spikes is excellent support for salamence to clean up offensive teams later in the match.

As for some smaller changes, I think that I'd change the landorus set you're running. Generally in sandstream, regular landorus is much better than it's therian form as you can take full advantage of sand force rather than intimidate. I'd probably give the sub smack down set a try as it allows you to lure in big threats to salamence such as skarmory. Not to mention that smack down also lures in defensive rotom-w which is a pretty huge threat to this team. You may even want to give gravity a shot over smack down as it is much harder to play around not to mention you will have pretty much eliminated all steel types if you set gravity up on the switch and spam earthquake. From here, I'd simply run fire blast / stealth rock / crunch / superpower on tyranitar so that you aren't spikes bait and you can use landorus to support salamence.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Gyarados seems mediocre. There will be times when you say to yourself: 'wow restalk gyarados just destoyed their team' and there will another time when it will be completely useless set-up bait that causes you to lose to something dumb when it doesn't get its moves right. The fix is obvious to me: defensive Rotom-w (if you choose to take my suggestion you should put leftovers on Landorus just saying as you'll be more Lucario weak):

Rotom-w @Leftovers
Evs: (everyone has their own ev spread insert yours here)
Will-o-wisp
Hydro Pump
Volt-Switch
Pain Split

Chesto-Rest is also a good option.

This Rotom-w will provide some decent momentum while also handling similar threats as Gyarados would with greater reliability. Should you look to complete the volt-turn core, you could change Stealth Rocks to Jirachi and give Landorus U-turn. This Rotom-w will not phaze, but looking at your team there is no opportunity for any set-up sweepers to get a free turn except for Sub Acro Gliscor, which may be handled by this rotom-w in tandem with Landorus and Salamence. Good luck with the team.

Also Substitute Thundurus-t can really wreck your team, imo, I guess it wrecks every team pretty much, but I thought I'd note it.

@Others:

I cannot in good conscience recommend DS Rotom-w on a team with no set-up sweepers. It has no recovery and it will wear down quickly in sand.

Slowbro maybe a good option if you find yourself losing to CB Terrakion or Lucarios often.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Hi Moet, I feel an obligation to rate this team because of the support you've given team US West this year :) so without further ado:

The team, while definitely not being my style, is very well-balanced and appears solid. However, I noticed you're really hurting when it comes to 2 big threats: Expert Belt Landorus and Life Orb Mamoswine. The first one, Landorus, can 2HKO any member of your team after Stealth Rocks, and has a very good chance to 2HKO your Gyarados with Stone Edge even factoring in Intimidate without rocks up. Salamence can outspeed it, yes, but there's a 0% chance it will be OHKOing with Outrage, and a very slim chance of Draco Meteor netting the kill. Besides, you can only switch it in on Earthquake, as HP Ice and SE will kill it, and U-Turn will allow it to switch out to a counter. Mamoswine can also basically one-shot 5/6 of your team, and the Stone Edge versions will take down Gyarados too. Basically what I'm saying is that you need a Pokemon that isn't weak to Rock, Ground, or Ice-type attacks, resists Water-type attacks, and is very physically bulky. The first one that comes to mind is Slowbro, which happens to slot in over Gyarados rather well. It can Slack Off damage, threaten Mamoswine and Landorus out with Scald or Ice Beam, and even get some HP back on the switch with Regenerator.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psychic
- Fire Blast / Ice Beam / Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Slack Off

This set will cover the above weaknesses and give you the upper hand in dealing with most physical threats. Scald is essential, Psychic is very nice for Utility Conkeldurr, a set that might give your team some trouble, and Slack Off is generic recovery. The last slot is yours, and you can choose basically whatever fits your playstyle.

A weakness to Rotom-W that carry Will-O-Wisp is still rather noticeable, and I'm honestly not too sure what to do about that. I know you've tested Amoonguss, and I think that might still merit a place on your team over Landorus-T. Just switch either Stone Edge or Low Kick on Tyranitar to Stealth Rock, and add the below set:

@ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 192 HP / 56 Def / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Stun Spore

HP EVs are a Regenerator number, maximizing recovery upon switching out while getting the most out of your defensive stats too. HP Ice or Stun Spore is all up to you; though if you decide to run Thunder Wave on Slowbro, I would run HP Ice here, and vice versa.

Finally, your team doesn't have anything that really wants to absorb a Spore from opposing Amoonguss. As strange as it may sound, I would suggest running Sleep Talk over Thunder on Magnezone. I've been running this set for a few months now, and it's brought me great success on the ladder and in tournaments. The one time I opted for Thunder over Sleep Talk was in my first World Cup match, and the opponent just happened to bring a Breloom. If I had brought Sleep Talk, I would have won that match, and I've been kicking myself for not having it ever since.

Excellent team, appealing presentation. Luvdisc'd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)