The Scheduling with Europeans Tier list

Bella

Not a furry
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
So today i made a tier list about how much of a struggle it is to schedule smogon tour matches with a certain group of people and that is..... checks notes Europeans. This is not meant to offend anyone except maybe the french. I hope you like the list.
1677212539845.png

I didn't include every country mainly because i haven't schedule with people from those country's (To the Greeks / Swedes / etcs of smogon im sorry.) Also the Tier list isn't ordered within ranks.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
pretty european of u to be able to recognize all these countries by their flags.

anyway there are 2 significant types of ppl to schedule w, the gmt+ 5.5 time zone and everyone else. those are the two main archetypes that have stuck out to me during my time on this website.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
i find it insulting that we brits have been given the assessment that we're literally impossible to schedule with.

uhBella please arrange a time and a date for the two of us to have a friendly debate on the topic. I'm available between the hours of 9:30am and 9:45am on Mondays and Fridays.

As a -8 it’s literally impossible to play vs any European during the week if you work a 9-5 job. You have to just hope for the best on the weekend. +0 is ok but once you get to +1 or +2 or god forbid +3 forget about it it’s not going to happen.

+5.5 are fine though we just play at like 8 pm my time.

This probably says a lot more about -8 though than Europeans.

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Europeans are easy to schedule with, what's infinitely worse are East Asians and Australians, especially ones who aren't free on the weekends. No, I am not waking up at 6 in the morning on a weekday because that's your only available timeframe, just take the win at that point.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Europeans are easy to schedule with, what's infinitely worse are East Asians and Australians, especially ones who aren't free on the weekends. No, I am not waking up at 6 in the morning on a weekday because that's your only available timeframe, just take the win at that point.
you know how certain speedruns use different localizations because of minor quirks between version number or faster text speed? I think the Smogon Tournament equivalent of that is being GMT +15

Honestly I deal with scheduling in a very special way. I tell them to give me their free time, I math out the times, and then I choose the one I prefer. Honestly, fuck declaring your intentions first. That's always a mistake. Let them worry about coming up with agreeable times. You're essentially turning a short answer into a multiple choice question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)