Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Superpowerdude, take Groove the male Sewaddle. Groove actually has three separate grooves depending on his current evolutionary stage. He must reach this groove before evolving.
- As a Sewaddle, Groove is generally calm, happy and inquisitive. The only limitation is that he must learn Cut before evolving.
- As a Swadloon, Groove has turned dark and depressed. Groove must now learn Cut and Payback (obtainable on Route 16, which can be accessed before beating Elesa) before evolving. In addition, Groove may not use any moves he knew as a Sewaddle, although they can still be in his moveset.
- As a Leavanny, Groove is upbeat and excited. He also likes to dance! Groove must now learn Round, Entrainment, Swords Dance, and a STAB move of your choice. Entrainment is learned at level 43, but Swords Dance is unavailable until level 46, so another STAB move may be substituted. (Yes, I'm making you get a 36 BP TM in the Battle Subway.) This moveset must be obtained before you enter Victory Road.

AOPSuser, take an Oshawott for your starter, and name it whatever you like, since I want you to bond with it.

(this may or not be another character from pokemon fanfics i wrote or dreamed up then canceled due to excessive violence/unoriginal storyline/being too violent)

People always talk about starter pokemon being rare; that's why you can never find them in the wild in the games. As it turns out, sometimes they go beyond being rare to being endangered as fuck. In the case of your Oshawott, it is the SINGLE. LAST. MEMBER. OF. ITS. SPECIES. The last Oshawott, Dewott, or Samurott on the planet; what a weight that must be to carry. Your Oshawott was, unfortunately, bred in captivity, and thus doesn't know how to take care of itself in the wild; the people who are letting you carry it around really need you to keep it safe.

To start, take the first Oshawott you are given (no soft resetting). Check its gender. Then follow the instructions in the correct hide box below:

Your Oshawott is obviously quite precious to the world of pokemon research; the human race has never had the chance to save a pokemon species from extinction. As such, the researchers asked you to sign a contract agreeing that you will be paid to raise Oshawott outside the lab so she can learn survival skills to teach her eventual brood. However, when it comes time for her to breed new members of the species to revitalize it, you run into a problem; sitting in your living room eating poke chow hasn't actually taught her any survival skills, and she won't mate with any of the laboratory pokemon. She'll only settle for another Oshawott, or some pokemon that has bested her in a fight and is compatible.

So, with reservations, the laboratory gives you permission to take Oshawott with you in search of a mate that she will accept. The catch is that they're only giving you one month to do it before they bring her back in and concieve via in vitro, and obviously Oshawott has to be alive in order to mate. You have a time limit of ONE MONTH IRL for this scramble; record the date you start this scramble. If you don't finish by the end of the month, then Oshawott is taken back by the laboratory and you lose the use of her for the REST OF THE SCRAMBLE. If Oshawott faints along the way...well...we'll get to that later. For now, just make sure you keep her alive.

On your journey, you still have to teach Oshawott some basic survival and fighting skills; you also have the opportunity to mold the growth of the new species through the use of TMs. Oshawott's moveset must consist of at least one HM, two TMs, and one regular move as soon as possible; you may change moves so long as your new moveset still fulfills the requirement. Additionally, Oshawott may never be the lowest level in your party.

Of course, we can't forget the real reason for this journey; finding a mate that Oshawott will accept. Your mate must fulfill ALL of the following characteristics:

-male (obviously)
-a member of the Field egg group. If they're not compatible, there's no point.
-the same height as whatever form Oshawott is in, give or take 6 inches (no Skitty+Wailord shenanigans here). Oshawott is 1'8'', Dewott is 2'07'', and Samurott is 4'11''.
-be of a type combination that is neutral or weak to water. Oshawott wants control of the relationship
-must be captured after a battle where Oshawott battled your target mate solo and Oshawott was in Torrent range. Oshawott doesn't want a mate that can't stand up to her.

Once you have found and captured the mate, you need to go to the Day Care before the month ends and breed the two to produce an egg. If you can produce a female hatchling before the end of the given month while Oshawott has a moveset fitting the above restrictions, then that restriction as well as the "no deaths" restriction are voided!

You knew it was coming. You knew there was a chance that the last Oshawott would be male, thus guaranteeing the swift extinction of the species unless a female can be found. In the meantime, the researchers have decided to allow you to train Oshawott like you would a normal pokemon; they want to allow him to have a normal life before he dies and Oshawotts vanish from the world.

However, there is a catch. While the researchers want Oshawott to live a normal life, they also want Oshawott to live a normal length life, and they need Oshawott alive in the event that a female is located. Oshawott must remain alive for the duration of the scramble in the Nuzlocke sense; if Oshawott faints...we'll get into that later.

After talking with Oshawott, you decided that you wanted to challange the Pokemon League together. Unfortunately, Oshawott has a strict definition of the word "together"-Oshawott must participate in some form in every gym trainer or gym leader battle, no exceptions.

The researchers want the last known Oshawott to be fully natural; you may not use any TMs, HMs, or move tutor moves on Oshawott. Additionally, Oshawott may never hold an item that is manmade.

No matter what gender your Oshawott is, it needs to remain alive because of the contract. If Oshawott dies (faints), then you lose it for the remainder of the scramble just like you would in a nuzlocke, AND you have to pay a fine of 1,000,000 poke! Since that kind of money is hard to come by, you have to sell every single item that the game allows you to sell to build up a pool of 1,000,000 poke; once you reach 1,000,000 you may begin buying and using items as usual, but your money supply must never go below 1,000,000 because that money is considered to already have been spent. (alternatively, you can just waste all 1,000,000 on items to throw away once you get it; that works too)

Have fun! And keep that damn Oshawott alive!

AOPSuser, take an Oshawott for your starter, and name it whatever you like, since I want you to bond with it.

(this may or not be another character from pokemon fanfics i wrote or dreamed up then canceled due to excessive violence/unoriginal storyline/being too violent)

People always talk about starter pokemon being rare; that's why you can never find them in the wild in the games. As it turns out, sometimes they go beyond being rare to being endangered as fuck. In the case of your Oshawott, it is the SINGLE. LAST. MEMBER. OF. ITS. SPECIES. The last Oshawott, Dewott, or Samurott on the planet; what a weight that must be to carry. Your Oshawott was, unfortunately, bred in captivity, and thus doesn't know how to take care of itself in the wild; the people who are letting you carry it around really need you to keep it safe.

To start, take the first Oshawott you are given (no soft resetting). Check its gender. Then follow the instructions in the correct hide box below:

Your Oshawott is obviously quite precious to the world of pokemon research; the human race has never had the chance to save a pokemon species from extinction. As such, the researchers asked you to sign a contract agreeing that you will be paid to raise Oshawott outside the lab so she can learn survival skills to teach her eventual brood. However, when it comes time for her to breed new members of the species to revitalize it, you run into a problem; sitting in your living room eating poke chow hasn't actually taught her any survival skills, and she won't mate with any of the laboratory pokemon. She'll only settle for another Oshawott, or some pokemon that has bested her in a fight and is compatible.

So, with reservations, the laboratory gives you permission to take Oshawott with you in search of a mate that she will accept. The catch is that they're only giving you one month to do it before they bring her back in and concieve via in vitro, and obviously Oshawott has to be alive in order to mate. You have a time limit of ONE MONTH IRL for this scramble; record the date you start this scramble. If you don't finish by the end of the month, then Oshawott is taken back by the laboratory and you lose the use of her for the REST OF THE SCRAMBLE. If Oshawott faints along the way...well...we'll get to that later. For now, just make sure you keep her alive.

On your journey, you still have to teach Oshawott some basic survival and fighting skills; you also have the opportunity to mold the growth of the new species through the use of TMs. Oshawott's moveset must consist of at least one HM, two TMs, and one regular move as soon as possible; you may change moves so long as your new moveset still fulfills the requirement. Additionally, Oshawott may never be the lowest level in your party.

Of course, we can't forget the real reason for this journey; finding a mate that Oshawott will accept. Your mate must fulfill ALL of the following characteristics:

-male (obviously)
-the same height as whatever form Oshawott is in, give or take 6 inches (no Skitty+Wailord shenanigans here). Oshawott is 1'8'', Dewott is 2'07'', and Samurott is 4'11''.
-be of a type combination that is neutral or weak to water. Oshawott wants control of the relationship
-must be captured after a battle where Oshawott battled your target mate solo and Oshawott was in Torrent range. Oshawott doesn't want a mate that can't stand up to her.

Once you have found and captured the mate, you need to go to the Day Care before the month ends and breed the two to produce an egg. If you can produce a female hatchling before the end of the given month while Oshawott has a moveset fitting the above restrictions, then that restriction as well as the "no deaths" restriction are voided!

You knew it was coming. You knew there was a chance that the last Oshawott would be male, thus guaranteeing the swift extinction of the species unless a female can be found. In the meantime, the researchers have decided to allow you to train Oshawott like you would a normal pokemon; they want to allow him to have a normal life before he dies and Oshawotts vanish from the world.

However, there is a catch. While the researchers want Oshawott to live a normal life, they also want Oshawott to live a normal length life, and they need Oshawott alive in the event that a female is located. Oshawott must remain alive for the duration of the scramble in the Nuzlocke sense; if Oshawott faints...we'll get into that later.

After talking with Oshawott, you decided that you wanted to challange the Pokemon League together. Unfortunately, Oshawott has a strict definition of the word "together"-Oshawott must participate in some form in every gym trainer or gym leader battle, no exceptions.

The researchers want the last known Oshawott to be fully natural; you may not use any TMs, HMs, or move tutor moves on Oshawott. Additionally, Oshawott may never hold an item that is manmade.

No matter what gender your Oshawott is, it needs to remain alive because of the contract. If Oshawott dies (faints), then you lose it for the remainder of the scramble just like you would in a nuzlocke, AND you have to pay a fine of 1,000,000 poke! Since that kind of money is hard to come by, you have to sell every single item that the game allows you to sell to build up a pool of 1,000,000 poke; once you reach 1,000,000 you may begin buying and using items as usual, but your money supply must never go below 1,000,000 because that money is considered to already have been spent. (alternatively, you can just waste all 1,000,000 on items to throw away once you get it; that works too)

You, you are truly an evil person. Must you come back with the curses of Treadshot?

-male (obviously)

I remember in my Nuzlocke of BW2 I only lost one Pokemon-Samurott, because of a dumb mistake on the E4.

If I get a Female...(I can only play on weekends)

Accepted.

Since my FireRed and Emerald Scrambles are just grinding at the moment, and my Black scramble has ground to a halt, I've decided that I want to do a HeartGold scramble.
-Easy Difficulty
-Trading only to evolve
-I want a starter; any one will do, although I've never used Chikorita.
-Could I please have a challange for the Red Gyarados? It is an important plot point, after all.
- I want two pokemon by the first gym, three by the third and a full team by the seventh
-If possible, I want to use Heracross, as it is my favourite Pokemon.
-Try to keep it creative and sensible; I will ask for edits if I find it annoying or cheesy
-No signature challanges; I want people to be creative
-Also, you can submit as many challanges as you like, but chances are I'll only accept one from each person, unless they are really good
Don't think there's anything else; have fun submitting!
Decided I didn't really want to do this; I only have one chalange so I will close it

I remember in my Nuzlocke of BW2 I only lost one Pokemon-Samurott, because of a dumb mistake on the E4.

If I get a Female...(I can only play on weekends)

Accepted.
While I'm here, let me clarify this. The 1,000,000 poke fine is NOT paid if you run out of time for the female challenge; it is only paid if Oshawott dies, regardless of gender.

More Yellow Scrambling. Many bosses go down.

Warning: This is a long update, mainly due to the fact that I get three badges.

Previous update Original post

((In game, I get the remaining HMs before going to Silph Company. Surf goes to Random and Strength to Jacob. Fly goes to a random Pidgey that I had caught in order to get Flash earlier.))

I return to Saffron City, and find Team Rocket holed up in the Silph Company building. As soon as they hear Random’s roar, they know that it could mean only one thing:

Gyarados.

And Random takes down Rocket after Rocket, liberating more and more of the Silph Company building until I run into Asper, who had also been fighting off the Rockets. As had become custom by now, we battle. Jacob, Random, and Ash all take part in defeating Asper, and my team and I reach the top floor, where the Team Rocket boss is meeting with the CEO of Silph. Well, "meeting" isn’t the best word. "Intimidating" is more like it. However, Random is also good at the intimidating game, and the Rocket boss is defeated once again.

With Team Rocket removed from Saffron, I can now focus on the Gym. Sabrina’s Pokemon are extremely powerful, and it takes everyone on my team to defeat her and earn the Marshbadge. She even has an Alakazam - a Pokemon I had never seen before!

Marshbadge in hand, I cycle past Celadon and down to Fuchsia City. I go to the water and ask Random to Surf, but he doesn’t want to. ((In game, this happened in Pallet Town, not Fuchsia City, but I’m not going to put the random Pidgey in the story.)) Oh well, there’s a Gym in Fuchsia, and Cinnabar Island can wait.

The Fuchsia City Gym is full of invisible walls. Luckily, an evolved Backwards just kicks them down ((in game, I had to go around them)) and the two of us challenge Koga. Due to massive amounts of Ember usage from Backwards, we win and earn the Soulbadge.

After Backwards and I come out of the Gym, Random decides that Backwards shouldn’t have all the fun, and he’ll Surf to Cinnabar Island provided that he can take on the Gym there alone. With no other way to get there, I agree.

Once we get to Cinnabar Island ((and, in game, go through the Pokemon Mansion)), I find that the Gym Leader, Blaine, is a fan of Fire types. What a stroke of luck! With Random’s type advantage. Blaine is quickly defeated.
With seven badges, we head to Viridian City to take on the final Gym...

At this point, all my Pokemon are fully evolved, and most either have or are getting close to their final movesets. The Elite Four had better watch out!

Ash (Lv35)
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Quick Attack
Tail Whip
Agility

Random (Lv42)
Moves:
Surf
Tackle
Blizzard
Thunderbolt

Jacob (Lv43) (must lead party)
Moves:
Cut
Strength
Slash
Poison Sting

Dunkasaur (Lv38)
Moves:
Tackle
Poisonpowder
Leech Seed (must use at 50% HP vs. trainers)
Razor Leaf

Zod (Lv31)
Moves:
Poisonpowder
Confusion
Supersonic
Flash

sdrawkcaB (Lv43)
Moves:
Fire Blast
Fire Spin
Stomp
Growl

I've had a lot of things to do recently, but I finally got around to playing my Pokemon Blue Scramble, and now, I have Chapter 15 ready to post. The AI in RB is..... just silly. Using Super Potions when the Pokemon is at full health is hilarious. Anyways, I'm hoping to wrap up this scramble soon.

Chapter 15: Fiery Battles in the Fiery Town
The first thing Ttar did on Cinnabar Island was head to the Gym. To his disappointment, however, the door was locked, and he couldn't get in. He then chose to head over to the Cinnabar Lab, just out of curiosity.

Inside were many people offering to make trades with him, but he didn't have the Pokemon they wanted, so he passed them by. In the final room, Ttar came across a man who asked him if he had seen any fossils. Ttar remembered the Helix Fossil he had picked up way back in Mt. Moon. He told the man, who asked him to hand it over, promising to return it to life! He told Ttar to take a walk, as it would take a while. Hoping for an answer, Ttar asked the man about the Cinnabar Gym, and how to get inside. The man told him that all challengers had to search the Cinnabar Mansion for the Secret Key, which would allow access. Ttar decided that this would be his next destination.

The mansion appeared to have been burned badly. Ttar wasn't sure that it was safe to go inside, but he wanted to get the Secret Key, so he went inside anyways. The entryway was rather spacious, and there was broken glass all over the floor. There were many wild Pokemon inside, including Ponyta, which made little sense (horses in an abandoned mansion? really?). There appeared to be nothing on the ground floor, so Ttar went up the stairs to the second floor.

Right at the top of the stairs was a strange statue. It's eyes appeared to be glowing red. There was a button on it's chest area. Ttar wasn't sure what it would do, but he pressed the button anyways. He heard something distant move, and he followed the sound.

Near where the sound came from, Ttar saw another flight of stairs. It led him up to the third floor, where he found another statue, but this time, it's eyes weren't glowing. Ttar pressed the button in it's chest, and waited to see what would happen. To his surprise, on the wall in front of him, one wall started to slide to the side, opening another path! Ttar followed the newly accessable path, but he didn't watch his step well enough, and he stepped on a weak part of the floor, which collapsed beneath him!

Ttar woke shortly, finding himself all the way back on the ground floor. It seemed that he had fallen straight through both floors, and he had been knocked out by the impact of hitting the first floor. He stood up, feeling some bruises on his torso, but otherwise feeling ok. Thankfully, he hadn't broken any bones. He decided to continue searching for the Secret Key.

Just around the corner from where he had landed, he found a set of stairs leading down into a basement. He walked down them, and found himself in a large empty room. He could clearly see on one of the walls that there was a segment that would shift if he pressed a switch, so he tried to find a statue. Hidden in a room around the corner, he found it, and pressed it. He then returned to the wall, which had opened, just as he expected.

Down the hall through the door, Ttar found another door. He searched the rooms in the hall, and found another statue, and he pressed the button on this one too. Returning to the hallway, he saw that the door had opened. As he walked into the last room, he found a single key lying on the table. He picked it up, and it appeared to have a flame symbol on it. Figuring this must be the Secret Key, Ttar put it in his pocket. He then chose to use an Escape Rope to leave, not wanting to wander around again.

Outside, he decided to head straight for the Gym. As he was about to walk inside, Torture appeared before him, forcing herself out of her PokeBall. Ttar had a feeling he knew what she wanted, so he listened. Sure enough, she seemed to want to take on the Cinnabar Gym by herself, and as always, Ttar agreed to let her try. He left the rest of his Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, and then used the Secret Key to get into the Gym with just Torture by his side.

Torture did a better job at taking on this Gym's trainers than enviro had with it's Gym solo. While Torture couldn't do much direct damage, she was able to use Toxic on the opponents, badly poisoning them, and then she prevented them from moving by following up with Fire Spin. The Toxic damage and the slight damage from the Fire Spin added up quickly, and all of the enemy trainers fell before her. Torture seemed really happy about being able to watch the enemy Pokemon suffer greatly before fainting. After forcing his way through the Gym's trainers, Ttar found himself before the Gym Leader, Blaine.

"Haha!" Blaine laughed, "I'm the Leader of this Gym! I only use Fire-type Pokemon, my partners who incinerate all challengers! You intend to take me on with just a little Vulpix? That's mighty brave of you, child, yet it is also quite foolish! Prepare to be defeated!"

Blaine sent out his first Pokemon, a Growlithe. Ttar stood ready with Torture. He had defeated many Growlithe before, so this one would be no different. Torture used Toxic on the Growlithe, who was badly poisoned. The Growlithe then used Agility, making itself incredibly fast! The following turn, Blaine used a Super Potion on the Growlithe, despite it only having lost a small amount of health to the Toxic. While taking on the Gym, the main problem was that Torture's Fire Spin missed way too often, so Ttar took this chance to use an item of his own, an X Accuracy. With it, Torture's attacks were sure to hit!

The Growlithe used Leer next, cutting Torture's Defense. Torture then used Fire Spin on the Growlithe, trapping it in the flames. Blaine used a Super Potion again, as the Toxic and Fire Spin damage was racking up on the Growlithe. However, it was still unable to move. When it was finally free of Fire Spin, it tried to use Leer again, but it failed, and it fainted to the Toxic damage. Blaine withdrew it, and sent out his next Pokemon, a Ponyta.

Torture used Toxic on the Ponyta, and Blaine then used another Super Potion, despite Ponyta being at full health. Ttar was beginning to think that Blaine wasn't all there in the head. Torture then used Fire Spin again, trapping the Ponyta. The Ponyta tried to move, but it couldn't as the Toxic and Fire Spin damage quickly racked up. As Ponyta was about to faint, Blaine used another Super Potion, but it wasn't enough to counteract the increasing damage from Toxic. The following turn, the Toxic damage was so great that the Ponyta simply collapsed to the ground, unable to take any more.

Blaine sent out his next Pokemon, a Rapidash. Being faster than Torture, it moved first, but all it did was Growl, as Torture used Toxic on it. The next turn, however, Torture went first, and trapped it in a Fire Spin. After a couple of turns with the Rapidash being helpless, Blaine used another Super Potion. Torture continued to use Fire Spin, and the Toxic damage kept building up, until the Rapidash finally collapsed. Ttar had now defeated three of Blaine's Pokemon, and Torture hadn't taken a single hit! Things were looking very good for Torture!

"How are these Super Potions not helping?" Blaine said, seeming upset. "No matter. My trusty Arcanine will put an end to you. Let's go!"

From within the PokeBall came a humongous dog, with a flowing mane and a striped pattern on it's body, looking more like a tiger than a dog. Torture was feeling very pleased with herself, and was ready to take on the final opponent. However, all did not go well. The Arcanine was faster, and used Take Down. It scored a critical hit, and knocked Torture out in one hit!

"Hahaha!" Blaine laughed, "I told you that little Vulpix had no chance. If you truly hope to defeat me, come back with some better Pokemon, kid!"

Ttar scooped Torture up, and ran back to the Pokemon Center. He handed her to the nurse, who took her into the back, to perform some checks. Ttar waited with his other Pokemon. Shortly, the nurse returned, saying that Torture would be just fine. Torture looked tired, but she seemed to still want to fight Blaine. Ttar told her no, but then she jumped at him, and dove into his bag. She came out with a red stone in her mouth. Then she started to glow, and her figure grew larger, and more tails appeared. The light faded, and revealed that Torture had evolved into Ninetales! She had taken the Fire Stone that Ttar had bought back in Celadon City, and evolved!

Torture now appeared to be ready to take Blaine on, and therefore, Ttar returned to the Gym. Blaine laughed heartily as Ttar approached.

"Did you bring some decent Pokemon this time?" he asked mockingly. "Let's see if you can win this time!"

Blaine sent his Growlithe out. Ttar sent out the newly-evolved Torture, and Blaine widened his eyes.

"Now that looks a lot better!" he said, "but I've still got this!"

The first three Pokemon Blaine sent at Ttar all fainted easily, just like last time (and Blaine also went crazy with the Super Potions). Before long, Blaine was down to his last Pokemon again, his Arcanine. He sent it out, and prepared for battle.

This time, Torture was faster than the Arcanine, as she had evolved. She used Toxic on the Arcanine, and as always, Blaine being mindless had him use a Super Potion on a full health Pokemon. The next turn, Torture was able to trap the Arcanine in a Fire Spin. The Arcanine was unable to move, and though Blaine tried to keep it alive with Super Potions, the Toxic damage just kept increasing. Before too long, the damage was just too much for the Arcanine, and without even landing a single hit, the Arcanine fell to the floor with a thud, fainted. Ttar had won the battle!

"Well, well," Blaine said, "it seems an evolution was all it took to bring out your Ninetales' true potential. I'm totally burned out, but at the hands of a Fire-type, it doesn't feel so bad. Here, take this Volcano Badge. You earned it."

He handed Ttar a badge in the shape of a flame. This was Ttar's seventh badge- he only had to win one more to challenge the Pokemon League! He thanked Blaine, and then returned to the Pokemon Center with his shiny new badge in hand.

Ttar's other Pokemon were happy to see that Ttar had gotten the badge, and were quite surprised to see that Torture had evolved! Ttar celebrated with his Pokemon, and shortly, he pulled out a map. He noticed that he had visited every town in the region, with the exception of Indigo Plateau, where the Pokemon League is located. Yet, he only had 7 badges. He wondered where the missing gym might be....

It suddenly struck him. Ttar thought back to the beginning of his journey, in Viridian City. Chasing down Angry Nerd in an attempt to capture him, he had seen a building that said "Viridian Gym" on the door, but it had been locked. Ttar concluded that this must be the last gym he had to challenge.

Looking at the map, he noticed that Route 21 was a straight path back to Pallet Town, where he could visit his mother and Professor Oak, on his way to the Viridian Gym. With his plan of action set, Ttar got his Pokemon ready to go, and then left the Pokemon Center, with thoughts of challenging the Pokemon League dancing through his mind.

Current Team:

Arceustar the Squirtle
Level 41
-Bubblebeam
-Skull Bash
-Ice Beam
-Strength

Doomed the Nidoqueen
Level 41
-Body Slam
-Rock Slide
-Surf
-Thunderbolt

Angry Nerd the Fearow
Level 41
-Fly
-Drill Peck
-Double Team
-Double-Edge
[Special Attackers solo'd: 10/10]

enviro the Victreebel
Level 42
-Razor Leaf
-Sleep Powder
-Stun Spore
-Mega Drain

Creeper the Hypno
Level 40
-Hypnosis
-Psychic
-Flash
-Teleport
[Children solo'd: 10/10)

Torture the Ninetales
Level 46
-Flamethrower
-Toxic
-Fire Spin
-Confuse Ray

While I'm here, let me clarify this. The 1,000,000 poke fine is NOT paid if you run out of time for the female challenge; it is only paid if Oshawott dies, regardless of gender.
...I got female. Ugh.

I guess I can just ignore Oshawott and focus on my other mons (like...Patrat).

Could I get a challenge for Soul Silver? First 6 Pokemon, Nicknames, and I am going to start with Cyndaquil. I plan on going for all 16 badges and defeating Red.

Could I get a challenge for Soul Silver? First 6 Pokemon, Nicknames, and I am going to start with Cyndaquil. I plan on going for all 16 badges and defeating Red.
Oh wow, a first time poster! Welcome to Smogon! (unless you're a lurker - then no introductions are needed).

Take Daylight the Hoothoot. Daylight is unlike any other Hoothoot - he loves the song Daylight by Maroon5 (which is /so/ overplayed). He loves it so much that he can only battle in the daylight! This means Hoothoot can only be used outdoors from the hours of 8 AM to 8 PM (idk if that's the daylight hours in SS I would check if I were you). You can use him inside, though, but he can /never/ be used in caves because he can't tell if it's daylight or not.

Additionally, because of the fact that he's in love with a band, he has to have one sound-based move in his moveset at all times (Growl, Uproar, Sleep Talk).

OPTIONAL CHELLANGE: Solo all Trainers who start their dialogue with a song! (I think there's a few...)

Thank you inanimate blob.

Take Daylight the Hoothoot. Daylight is unlike any other Hoothoot - he loves the song Daylight by Maroon5 (which is /so/ overplayed). He loves it so much that he can only battle in the daylight! This means Hoothoot can only be used outdoors from the hours of 8 AM to 8 PM (idk if that's the daylight hours in SS I would check if I were you). You can use him inside, though, but he can /never/ be used in caves because he can't tell if it's daylight or not.

Additionally, because of the fact that he's in love with a band, he has to have one sound-based move in his moveset at all times (Growl, Uproar, Sleep Talk).

OPTIONAL CHELLANGE: Solo all Trainers who start their dialogue with a song! (I think there's a few...)

Take Red the Cyndaquil.

Cyndaquil is proud of its color, and goes to great lengths to show it off. It refuses to enter a Double battle with a teammate that also has the Pokedex color red (look on Veekun), as it believes it is superior.

Since it believes it is superior to every other red Pokemon, it must solo 5 red (Pokedex color) Pokemon to evolve, and another 10 to evolve again.

Now it finds out that all along, its Pokedex color was not red, but yellow. It is enraged. Solo every major trainer (ie: Rocket Executive, Gym Leader, E4, Champion) that wears red as a major color on his or her sprite (ie: Rocket Executive Ariana, Lance).

Solo Red (Come on, you saw this coming.)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aries Flame Take Quest the Zubat.

Backstory:
Once upon a time, there was a small little Zubat, this Zubat lived in a big community of Zubat, Golbat and Crobat. He was very happy. Although often enough a trainer came across. They never managed to catch somebody. This was because every bat in the community was skilled in confusing the opponent. Some of the Crobat were even able to make haze and make the trainer unable to see. All of the time somebody was taking guard. The only thing they have to do is preventing trainers of coming near the group. But one day, this little Zubat had to take guard, however, he wasn’t skilled at confusing the opponent yet. He only knew the inaccurate Supersonic. Then a trainer walked into the cave. The name of the trainer was [insert name of champion here]. The little Zubat tried his best to confuse the trainer, but the Supersonic just kept missing. After having done multiple tries to confuse the opponent, [insert name most powerful attacker of said trainer here] was called out of his Pokeball and it knocked the Zubat out. For an hour or two the Zubat lay unconscious on the ground. When it woke up the little Zubat cried until he fell asleep, knowing what he had done to the community. Next morning he found out that his parents were caught by [insert name of champion here]. Then he swore to find his parents back. He flew out of the cave, but bumped up another trainer. That was you. You saw the sad face of this Zubat and you decided to help him. Now this Zubat will search along the hole [insert name region here].

Catching rules:
1. Has to be catched with Supersonic in its movepool, but not Confuse Ray. (Obvious)
2. Need to be in red health. (As it was just knocked out, and bumped against you)
3. You can’t have been confused during the battle. (It is really inaccurate)
4. Has to be caught outside (Except RSS, FrLg and BW2, it is not available outside there

Adventure:
Once you go on adventure with this little Pokemon, you encounter that it has a very strong will. It fights against anyone who he needs to fight against and he respects you very much, because you help him finding back his parents. However, he is still very emotional and sometimes you here it crying at night. Mostly because a swarm of Zubat/Golbat/Crobat flies over and in caves you see it looks very sad, as it sees lots of Zubat/Golbat/Crobat hanging on the roof. Once that happens you realize that he has homesickness. Then you take it back to its old home, to see his old friends and greet his family, however, he feels that there is a bad atmosphere; it is too silent there. He knows they are holding a grudge against him. While he doesn’t like it, it also encourages him to go on with the Quest. He just wants to make it OK with his family and he wants to see his dear parents again, hoping they can forgive him. This Zubat has eyes only used to caves. It can’t see really well in sunlight. This is because it adapted to living in a cave, due the many hazes in the caves in can see in there too. So sometimes when it wants to battle for you outside it can’t see well and it will miss its attacks. It feels really bad than, as it looks like the accident that happened in his community. Every time you beat a gym leader, he is so excited, as every one can give some information and an extra pass to challenge the Pokemon League. He is still used to his old community techniques. Haze and Confuse Ray and he still knows that his community uses them always against trainers, so he does that too. At the start of the journey he had difficulty making friends with his fellow Pokemon, but as soon as he realised that they didn’t know anything he did and wanted to make friends. He proved to be a great friend and he loved playing with all your other Pokemon. After you defeated all gyms and go through Victory Road, he becomes very excited about the battle with the champion, but he realises that he isn’t strong enough and he lets you grind it to higher levels. Once he feels he is strong enough to face the champion you go to the Pokemon League. At the Pokemon League he feels that he wants to defeat the champion in honour of his parents. So he uses their strategy to confuse the opponent. As he needs to save his energy, he refuses to fight the Elite Four. Before the battle of the champion, he feels suddenly insecure. However, you help him overcome his fears and he challenges the Champion. Then after one last strike, he beats the champion and you and your team are recorded in the Hall of Fame. It was a great moment, but the best came after that. You go in a separate room with the champion and he/she gives Quest all the information he needs.

Game rules:
1. Can only use Supersonic to practise it, until it learns Confuse Ray, which doesn’t need practise. (Tradition, better protection)
2. Every Zubat/Golbat/Crobat you encounter reminds him of his family and you need to solo your way back to the place you catched it and find at least one Zubat there. (Drop all your Pokemon at the nearest Pokemon Centre) (Homesickness)
3. Can only use 100% accuracy moves (besides Confuse Ray and Haze) in caves, during the night and during Haze. (Its sight is only good in the dark)
4. Must have Supersonic/Confuse Ray and Haze as soon as possible and use it at the start of all Trainer Battles. (Tradition)
5. Must gain at least 5 levels in Victory Road. (Training for the champion.)
6. Must Solo [insert name of champion here] and can only attack his/her Pokemon when they are confused and he can’t fight the E4. (As he/her catched you parents)(As he needs to save energy.) (If he doesn’t solo it and you beat the champion still, you challenge the Pokemon League again, under the same rules. You can’t save before the champion, because otherwise the champion doesn’t give information.)

Epilogue:
The Champion says: “I still know that I caught two Crobat. They were fierce fighters and proved their worth in all battles, but in a battle against a Magnezone they were hurt greatly, a Zap Cannon followed by a critical Thunderbolt hit them. I saw them suffering, I wished I could do anything, but I couldn’t. I brought them to nurse Joy as soon as I could, but she couldn’t do anything. She said them that it was already too late. The trainer who did it came alongside me to the graveyard and he excused for doing it, but I knew he couldn’t do anything against it. We silently buried them. We did a short prayer to them. Then I silently cried. They didn’t deserve to die, I said”. After this story Quest hurried with you to the graveyard. Quest knew his parents were still haunting in this graveyard, so he wanted to solo the graveyard with only Supersonic as that was the only attack his parents knew from him. So his parents could recognise him. On the uppermost floor you found the grave of the parents of Quest. Near the grave there were two ghost-type pokemon. They were going to Quest. Then he recognised them, they were his parents! He was incredibly happy! You decided to catch them for to reunite them. You did this without harming them (not even statusing). Although the family was happy to be reunited, they weren’t happy in this life, they needed to go back to the afterlife. So Quest decided to faint and die. Then you released all three of them, to make them happy together in afterlife.

Ending rules:
1. Must Solo the way from Home to the Pokemon Graveyard. (Leave your Pokemon at the closest Pokemon Centre)
2. Must Solo the Graveyard by only using Supersonic, in honour to his parents. (Till the end of the graveyard)(Recognition)
3. Find two Ghost types in the tower and catch them (with normal Pokeballs) without damaging them. (His parents)(Reuniting Them)
4. Let Zubat faint and release them all. (Bringing them together again, happily in the afterlife)
(Do it in that order)(Can’t use Repels in the Soloes)

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Reserving Ezren the Drowzee for Aries Flame

Yes I have a Pathfinder fetish don't judge me

EDIT:

Take Ezren the Drowzee.

Ezren is a typical Drowzee when you first meet him. Nothing really special, just your average dream devourer. He doesn't come into his true powers until a bit later. Ezren may not have a held item or use any Special/Status Attacks until Level 12. You must catch him before that level. once Ezren becomes a true Wizard, however, he gains the powers of an Arcane Bond...as well as its drawbacks. Once Ezren hits Level 12, select one item from your Backpack that can be held by a Pokemon. Ezren must hold this item in order to use Special/Status Attacks. If he is not currently holding it for any reason, flip a coin each turn of battle. If it lands on tails, Ezren cannot use a Special or Status Attack that turn. Like all Wizards, Ezren thrives on knowledge learned. Once Ezren hits Level 12, two of his known moves must be TM/HM moves ASAP. Ezren also, over time, enhances his Arcane Bond to bond with other items instead. Every time you earn your fifth Badge of a region or defeat Lance, you gain one opportunity to change the focus of Ezren's Arcane Bond to a different item. All of the same rules apply to the new item. Finally, Ezren has learned of an accomplished Witch, and seeks to best her in combat. Ezren must solo Sabrina.

Gl;hf

Well, might as well give this a try haha.

Looking for a scramble for White 2, six pokemon, trading only possible for evolutions. I would like creative challenges that give my pokemon nicknames and personality traits.

I would like to start with Tepig or Snivy. Aside from that, I'm not picky, I'd just prefer Pokemon that look cool I guess. And no Swoobats.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Looking for a scramble for White 2, six pokemon, trading only possible for evolutions. I would like creative challenges that give my pokemon nicknames and personality traits.

I would like to start with Tepig or Snivy. Aside from that, I'm not picky, I'd just prefer Pokemon that look cool I guess. And no Swoobats.
What difficulty

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Aries Flame, how about taking this Paras. It's named goomba!

Now, goombas are mushrooms. Come on, look at them, they are. This means that 2 out of 4 of paras' moves must have something to do with mushrooms. Spore, stun spore etc.

Secondly goombas have no hands or arms. This means you may never use a cutting technique. This ranges from scratch to aerial ace! Your Paras also loves tackling pokemon, since that's all that goombas do. Paras must now lead every battle with leech life. They must use leech life every other turn as well. Heck, goombas can only hurt you by tackling you, so Paras may only attack with leech life! You have leech life, two shroom moves an attack that can't use claws in any way such as swords dance or endure thanks to the fighting style. Also, solo Whitney.

Have fun :]

Snaquaza

KACAW

Whatever difficulty, this is medium

Get Military the Magnemite.

Backstory:
This Magnemite lived in a very modest community. He was really an outsider in there. Most of the Magnemite and Magneton lived in a very shy way. They did all what boss Magnezone said and as the Magnezone said that no one could be impulsive or hyper, but this Magnemite was different. He was very wild and didn’t think about what he did. But the community didn’t accept him. They just didn’t like him. He got a lot of punishment from the elders. Overall, he thought his live was very boring. Until a commander of the National Army came across. He sought to recruits all around the country and when he just lost his hope he came across this community. He didn’t think he would find anyone to recruit, as he knew Magnemite were very modest, but he just tried it. He had nothing to lose. However, he saw a lonely Magnemite playing games and running around the field. He saw that he would be a great addition to the army. He also knew steel typing would help as they make great walls. But the best thing was still needed to come. He also had the ability to attract steel types. As the commander knew steel types were great walls, he knew he had to recruit this young Magnemite. When he asked to Military to join, he didn’t have a doubt. He just wanted to escape his old boring live. This way, his story began.

Catching Rules:
1. Must have Magnet Pull
2. Must have an Adamant nature. (If you this takes to long, take at least –Sp. Attack or +Attack)
3. Must catch it with a Fighting Type

Adventure:
At the Military School he learned many things. He learned about his strong and weak points, about discipline and about things he couldn’t do. He was a very talented student and he was given the lead over recruiting new Steel-Types. He was also the only one that could do that. It was very fascinated by cannons, he loved the way they shot, the sound and the adrenaline. He wanted to be a cannon too, however, he wasn’t. That is why he decided to learn SonicBoom. He practised it till he couldn’t anymore. Then you came across that school. The general asked to you if you wanted to help the Magnemite recruiting members. You listened to the explanation about what Military needed to do. Then you took Magnemite with you, you catched many steel types together, but when you let one go, Magnemite lost his discipline and used SonicBoom uncontrollably. But on every route he was with discipline, he forced himself to train a bit stronger. As soon as you catched six steel types, Magnemite wanted to train them. He wanted to make them strong and disciplined too, however, that shouldn’t be through evolution or better moves, only by hard work and when he thought they were strong enough he gave them a final test. After the test he sent the recruits to the commander. The commander was very happy with the results. He gave Military the option to evolve. Then all began all over again and once he did this again he received another letter. There was a newly discovered evolution of him. He just needed to go to [insert cave to evolve here]. He went there and became even stronger. After he evolved you got a final letter.

Game Rules:
1. Must lead in all places where you can find Steel types.
2. You must catch all Steel-Types, if you haven’t catched it already. (Findable Pre-National Pokedex in the wild)
3. Must keep SonicBoom.
4. Can evolve to Magneton when you’ve catched six different Steel-Types and solo a gym using a team of them. (If not possible in your game, catch multiple of one, but still at least one of all.)
5. Can evolve to Magnezone when you’ve catched twelve different Steel-Types and they solo the last encounter with the evil group of your game. (If not possible in your game, catch multiple of one, but still at least one of all.) (The last six, the ones you didn’t use previous rule)
6. When failed to catch on of these Pokemon, Military will solo the next route with only SonicBoom.
7. Military can’t fight Fighting types, he respects them too much.
8. Military has to solo any Dark types, he doesn’t respect them at all.
9. Must gain one level per route you cross, even if you’ve crossed that route before.
10. He needs to solo the way from “final team” to “cave to evolve”.

Recruit Rules:
1. Must keep their original moveset.
2. Can’t Evolve.

Prologue:
The text in the letter was: “Yesterday a Heatran attacked our base. I just managed to escape, together with a few others. But on the other hand many friends died. Now we heard that the Heatran was hiding in [mountain where you can find Heatran}. We chose you to do this, as you are the expert on steel types. But you won’t get this done on your own. Find two other Magnemite that are the same as you and let them help. Together you can defeat him. You need to get them as they are one of the few steel trappers and we don’t want Heatran to flee. Good Luck and Good Bye.”
Now you and Magnemite went of to catch some other Magnemite. It wasn’t hard, as Military just went to his few old friends and asked them to join. But then the Heatran battle was up. You four found the Magma Stone and went silently and nervous to [cave where you can find Heatran]. When going deeper in the cave, it became hotter and they knew they were coming closer. When walking along the thousandth T-junction, you heard an angry Roar. You saw Heatran on the your right. In a room filled with lava. Your Magnemite and Military challenged Heatran. It was a close fight. The Magnemite fell during the fight, but we overwon eventually, however Military was sad about losing his friends. So you decided to let him go with them to the afterlife.

Ending Rules:
1. Must recruit 2 other Magnemite
2. Needs to find Heatran together and defeat him, they all need to land at least one hit. (The 2 Magnemite need to faint.
3. Release Magnemite.

Catchable Steel Types In The Wild:
BW2:
Magnemite
Excadrill
Klink
Aron
Ferroseed
Skarmory
Pawniard
Cobalion
Bronzor
Bronzong
Metang
Metagross
You need to catch all once with only Military.

I am a bit busy atm, but I'd like to pop in and say I enjoyed reading the updates. Keep up the good work and enjoy your scrambles!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)