Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
UllarWarlord Take 2nd Best the Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn knows that he is second best. As such, he must always be the second highest leveled pokemon on your team. He also believes that a choice band attacking set is best, so 2nd Best may know up to two attacking moves and may not have a choice band or choice scarf. He also must solo every Scizor, because Scizor are better than Ferrothorn, and 2nd Best knows it.

Furthermore, he prefers to take things slowly, so you must walk, no running, flying, or bicycling, while 2nd Best is in your Party.
Man, I'm so used to running around inside the Hollow...

Keep in mind that seeing as they all start at 55, I might have to fudge it a little bit. Other than that, Accepted!

Ullar, take Kong the Slaking. Kong is like the giant ape from the movies, he's big, strong, loves the ladies, and hates planes and dinosaurs. As such, Kong has the following requirements:

1). Must be male.
2). Must not battle female pokemon unless it is your last pokemon.
3). Must always battle Fossil pokemon (even if female, this is the exception to Rule2). Note that Relicanth counts as a Fossil for this challenge.
4). If hit by a Flying Type attack, it cannot switch out and must fight to the very end
5). Like any destructive ape, it must know: Strength, Hammer Arm, Earthquake, and Rock Tomb.
6). Must hold the Lucky Egg because Kong is lucky to have found a friend in his short life.

Good Luck!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Ullar, take Kong the Slaking. Kong is like the giant ape from the movies, he's big, strong, loves the ladies, and hates planes and dinosaurs. As such, Kong has the following requirements:

1). Must be male.
2). Must not battle female pokemon unless it is your last pokemon.
3). Must always battle Fossil pokemon (even if female, this is the exception to Rule2). Note that Relicanth counts as a Fossil for this challenge.
4). If hit by a Flying Type attack, it cannot switch out and must fight to the very end
5). Like any destructive ape, it must know: Strength, Hammer Arm, Earthquake, and Rock Tomb.
6). Must hold the Lucky Egg because Kong is lucky to have found a friend in his short life.

Good Luck!
Accepted!

UllarWarlord, I'm gonna have to reject that challenge because Bunnelby can't evolve. An unevolvable Pokemon with a highest base stat of 57 speed is not hard, just torturous and annoying. If you'd be willing to modify the challenge so that I can evolve it though, I'd accept.

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Fair enough. He can evolve, but no ground moves still. And to compensate, change Quick Attack to Agility ASAP.

UPDATE:
This post covers issues from the first gym to the 2nd in My Pokemon X Scramble Challange.

So After leaving Santalune and Lumiose (Receiving box Fillers and what not [Box fillers sounds sexual])I evolved Jet to Fletchinder
1384518223436.jpg

I headed through Camphier Town to route 7 to defeat some snorlax bloke and then I caught myself...
1384861444194.jpg
In a Net ball as per rules.

I continued to Ambrette town and quickly ran to the Glittering Cave to find my new Partner

Luna
Lax (+def,-Sp.D)
Lvl 17

After Dismissing Team Flare from the cave I quickly headed to Cyllage for Flanigan's Solo, Although he is very very low in power and bulk and weak to both Pokemon making him difficult to do so.

TBC

Last edited:
Update for my X Scramble. Will use this post as a hub for all updates and put the link in my sig.

• Received Fennekin and named it Wizzrobe as per challange rules.
  • Fought and easily beat Shauna.
  • Caught PLSPLSPLS the Bunnelby.
  • Went through Santalune Forest.
  • Easily beat the first Gym.
  • Caught Angry the Flabébé.
  • Reached Lumoise City and saved before the battle with Sycamore.
Team so far:

Angry the Flabébé Lv. 11
Hasty Nature

-Tackle
-Vine Whip
-Fairy Wind
-Lucky Chant [unusable due to challange]

Enemy Flabébés soloed: 5/15

Was definitely a little weak, but once she got some levels she was on par with the team. I'll have to keep her level lower so she can actually solo the 15 Flabebes, but I should be able to do that no problem. At the very least she'll get a lot of experience always being the lead.

PLSPLSPLS the Bunnelby Lv. 12
Impish Nature

-Return
-Agility
-Doubleslap
-Quick Attack

While not being able to use any ground moves will certainly be annoying later on, I think PLSPLSPLS will be ok at the very worst. Even though he has to solo the Electric Gym without Ground moves, his ground typing will certainly be an advantage. Right now, he's a solid member.

Wizzrobe the Fennekin Lv. 13
Quirky Nature

-Scratch
-Howl
-Ember
-Tail Whip

Right now the MVP, for pretty obvious reasons. Was easily able to take on the Bug Gym no problem. Really, he's not all that restricted. The only things are that it can't hurt bird pokemon, it has to know 2 Fire moves at all times once it gets two, and it has to switch in on anything green. So yeah, will probably end up being one of my better members just because it's pretty unrestricted.

My friend is looking for an easy to easy-medium X scramble! He's going to Wonder Trade, so he wants six random sets of restrictions. Thanks!

EDIT: Actually, he's gonna Wonder Trade six Pokemon first. I'll be back shortly to tell you what he got so you guys can give him restrictions! c:

EDIT again: He has his list of Pokemon! It's Squirtle, Skiddo, Growlithe, Deerling, Zorua, and Swirlix. :B. Challange away!

Last edited:
My friend is looking for an easy to easy-medium X scramble! He's going to Wonder Trade, so he wants six random sets of restrictions. Thanks!

EDIT: Actually, he's gonna Wonder Trade six Pokemon first. I'll be back shortly to tell you what he got so you guys can give him restrictions! c:

EDIT again: He has his list of Pokemon! It's Squirtle, Skiddo, Growlithe, Deerling, Zorua, and Swirlix. :B. Challange away!
I'll give him a Swirlix challenge.

Take Do you even lift (DYEL for short) the Swirlix.

Since I don't know what ability the Swirlix has:

-If it has Sweet Veil:
Your Swirlix is good at lifting weights. Thus, it must always carry the "heaviest" item in your bag (ie: Iron Ball once you get it, Macho Brace before, use common sense). It's so good it wants to impress Fighting-type mons in its skills. Solo Korrina's entire gym on its first attempt. You are allowed 1 HP healing item and 1 PP healing item for this entire solo. If you fail your first attempt, keep going until you are able to, and evolve after you are done with Korrina. If you succeeded in your first attempt, your Slurpuff is proud that it has showed Korrina what's what, and learns to love lifting weights for the rest of your time. It now has to solo every Pokemon of the Machop or Timburr line that you meet. If you are unable to solo her entire gym on the first try, it is disappointed and angry, and it swears to never lift again. It can no longer hold items. It is especially agitated when the opponent owns a mon of the Machop or Timburr line, and thus may never fight them. Slurpuff then takes out its rage by soloing all of Diantha's mons that are not weak to its STAB.

-If it has Unburden:
Swirlix really thinks it is a good lifter, but it's not. It keeps trying and trying, but it cannot do much. Have it hold the lightest item in your bag (ie: Cheri Berry since it's so small, or maybe some other item, use common sense). It wants to train with Korrina, so it must solo Korrina in Geosenge Town on its first try with no healing items. If you are able to do so, then it wants to train with Korrina some more, so solo her entire gym on the first try with no healing items after that. If at some point you fail in these solos, it realizes it can't lift, but wants to solo Korrina anyways, this time with healing items allowed. Once you beat Korrina, evolve it. If you were somehow able to solo her and her gym and her again with no healing items, then have Slurpuff hold an Oran Berry and fight a trainer-owned Pokemon of the Machop or Timburr family. It must consume the berry, at which point it realizes it is really fast and thus must always hold consumable items after that. If you failed any solo, after it evolves it realizes that lifting for it is hopeless, but it is better than all those Fighting-types, especially the ones of the Machop or Timburr family. Solo every instance of those families you see. You may not hold an item, ever.

Last edited:
I'll give him a Swirlix challenge.

Take Do you even lift (DYEL for short) the Swirlix.

Since I don't know what ability the Swirlix has:

-If it has Sweet Veil:
Your Swirlix is good at lifting weights. Thus, it must always carry the "heaviest" item in your bag (ie: Iron Ball once you get it, Macho Brace before, use common sense). It's so good it wants to impress Fighting-type mons in its skills. Solo Korrina's entire gym on its first attempt. You are allowed 1 HP healing item and 1 PP healing item for this entire solo. If you fail your first attempt, keep going until you are able to, and evolve after you are done with Korrina. If you succeeded in your first attempt, your Slurpuff is proud that it has showed Korrina what's what, and learns to love lifting weights for the rest of your time. It now has to solo every Pokemon of the Machop or Timburr line that you meet. If you are unable to solo her entire gym on the first try, it is disappointed and angry, and it swears to never lift again. It can no longer hold items. It is especially agitated when the opponent owns a mon of the Machop or Timburr line, and thus may never fight them. Slurpuff then takes out its rage by soloing all of Diantha's mons that are not weak to its STAB.

-If it has Unburden:
Swirlix really thinks it is a good lifter, but it's not. It keeps trying and trying, but it cannot do much. Have it hold the lightest item in your bag (ie: Cheri Berry since it's so small, or maybe some other item, use common sense). It wants to train with Korrina, so it must solo Korrina in Geosenge Town on its first try with no healing items. If you are able to do so, then it wants to train with Korrina some more, so solo her entire gym on the first try with no healing items after that. If at some point you fail in these solos, it realizes it can't lift, but wants to solo Korrina anyways, this time with healing items allowed. Once you beat Korrina, evolve it. If you were somehow able to solo her and her gym and her again with no healing items, then have Slurpuff hold an Oran Berry and fight a trainer-owned Pokemon of the Machop or Timburr family. It must consume the berry, at which point it realizes it is really fast and thus must always hold consumable items after that. If you failed any solo, after it evolves it realizes that lifting for it is hopeless, but it is better than all those Fighting-types, especially the ones of the Machop or Timburr family. Solo every instance of those families you see. You may not hold an item, ever.
Accepted! He says thank you! c:

Still have Deerling, Growlithe, Skiddo, Squirtle, and Zorua! Fire away!

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, some days ago at #orangeislands IRC I decided I wanted to do some kind of challenge as I was bored, after a lot of rejecting cuz I didn't have the stuff to do a lot of the challenges, I was told to do a Pearl Scramble

Rules:
- Very Hard, but not impossible
- I got access to any Pokemon until Roselia at any moment in the game
- I am able to trade
- No tedious challenges that only wastes my time
- I think that's all please be creative
- I reserve the right to reject any Challange that seems to be too easy or too hard
- I want a maximum of one Legendary, but I don't need one

Now I'll hope I don't lose my scramble halfway because Smogon has to restart >_>

Mons:

Okay, some days ago at #orangeislands IRC I decided I wanted to do some kind of challenge as I was bored, after a lot of rejecting cuz I didn't have the stuff to do a lot of the challenges, I was told to do a Pearl Scramble

Rules:
- Very Hard, but not impossible
- I got access to any Pokemon until Roselia at any moment in the game
- I am able to trade
- No tedious challenges that only wastes my time
- I think that's all please be creative
- I reserve the right to reject any Challange that seems to be too easy or too hard
- I want a maximum of one Legendary, but I don't need one

Now I'll hope I don't lose my scramble halfway because Smogon has to restart >_>

Mons:
Well, no one likes Legendaries. Unless I make the restrictions so tough that you wish you were using a Bidoof instead!

Take Richard the Palkia.

Palkia is very angry at GameFreak for its design. It's especially mad that you find it at "Spear" Pillar, which it thinks is an insult to the shape of its neck. As a result, when you catch it, it refuses to do anything for you until you reach the Pokemon League. It may not even receive EXP, or learn any TMs. Save before entering the E4 chamber. Once it gets into the Elite Four, its rage surfaces, and to prove its worth, it must solo the entire Elite Four and Cynthia without using any STAB moves, healing items, X-Items, Rare Candies, or any special moves taught by TM or HM. If you do so on your first try, then congratulations! You just soloed the E4 with a lv. 47 Palkia with no items or STAB moves. If you don't do so on your first try, don't worry. Soft-reset your game so you are right in front of the E4. Then, keep Palkia in the same state it was when you first caught it, since you are obviously a bad trainer. Beat the E4 and Cynthia the normal way, and then go into the Fight Area post-game. It must then solo your Rival without using STAB moves and at lv. 47, the same level at which you caught it. At this point it realizes its worth. If you have access to the Regi trio, trade them in here, and have Palkia solo Regigigas without gaining any extra EXP. If you do not access to the Regis, then go into Stark Mountain and solo Heatran without using Water or Ground-type moves.

I'm here request a Hard, but not impossible, XY Scramble challenge. I only have a brief list of stipulations.

-I must have one, and only one, of my Mons be a starter, any of the six will do. (Chespin, Froakie, Fennekin, Charmander, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle.)
-No Legendaries.
-Pokemon may have evolution restrictions, but they all must evolve at some point. I will not accept challenges that have me, for example, keep a Pidgey a Pidgey the whole way through.
-I would also like to have a variety of types, so keep that in mind.

That's all, have at it.

EDIT:

Pokemon I already have reserved for me: Pancham

Last edited:
Alright, Snaquaza, I have no idea what your second rule for mons means, but since you can trade, once you defeat Gardenia, you get Playful the Vulpix at Level 15. But Vulpix is not playful the way you think it is; No, it doesn't chase its tails or bat a ball around. This Vulpix's favourite pastime is to toy with the minds of its opponents with its mystical powers. As such, once it knows Confuse Ray it must never forget it, and must use it whenever it is sent out. Furthermore, to mess with its foes even more, it must learn and keep Imprison, so it can have the ability to cause its opponent to forget its moves. Once it has won 15 Trainer battles by causing the final mon to KO themselves in confusion, it may evolve. As a Ninetales, it still enjoys warping its foes' minds, so it must continue to use Confuse Ray whenever it is sent out. Finally, to prove its tricky power once and for all, it must solo Byron and Candice WITHOUT using Fire moves.

So to recap:
-Trade in at Level 15 after you defeat Gardenia
-Once it learns Confuse Ray, it must use it whenever it is sent out
-Must also keep Imprison
-Evolve after winning 15 battles by causing the Trainer's final mon to suicide by confusion.
-Must solo Lucian without using damaging Ghost or Dark moves Byron and Candice without using Fire moves.

EDIT: Changed the solo requirement to avoid a conflict with AOPSUser's mon.

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Will be starting a scramblocke of X... well ASAP.
Restrictions on challenges: I will not over-level... ever.
At first gym 2 Pokemon max, at second gym 3 Pokemon, 3rd gym 4 pokemon max etc. etc.. Of course I'll probably have more than those amounts of challenges due to the deaths. Furthermore if you give me challenges be aware that if you give me a Pidgey and tell me to solo Wulfric the guy probably won't be alive at the 8th gym. Not saying you shouldn't just don't keep your hopes up...
I want to bond with my Pokemon and be upset when they die, so give me challenges which will make me want to keep them alive for said challenge, not want them to die due to sheer difficulty - but keep in mind I love difficulty.

Deathbox:

Challanges:

Ullar, take Big Baby the Gyarados.

This Gyarados longs for a simpler time in its life, a time where the only things that concerned it were Splashing and Flailing about. Yes, those were the glorious days where it felt it was at the absolute peak of its glory and power. However, it understands that it is growing older, and as a token of this journey, it keeps the first move it ever learned in adulthood: Thrash. As it loves being childish, however, it has allowed you, its parent figure, to Pick The Final Move.

Finally, during your time in the Treehollow you may sate Big Baby's rage against one of the Pokemon that are small and cute even in their adulthood, those being either Audino, Emolga, or Togekiss. After he does this, he understands the power of adult hood, and may remove Splash from his movepool.

In summation:
-Gyarados named Big Baby
-Must have Splash, Flail, Thrash. The forth slot is a freebie.
-May solo Audino, Emolga, or Togekiss to make Splash into a free slot.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Ullar, take Big Baby the Gyarados.

This Gyarados longs for a simpler time in its life, a time where the only things that concerned it were Splashing and Flailing about. Yes, those were the glorious days where it felt it was at the absolute peak of its glory and power. However, it understands that it is growing older, and as a token of this journey, it keeps the first move it ever learned in adulthood: Thrash. As it loves being childish, however, it has allowed you, its parent figure, to Pick The Final Move.

Finally, during your time in the Treehollow you may sate Big Baby's rage against one of the Pokemon that are small and cute even in their adulthood, those being either Audino, Emolga, or Togekiss. After he does this, he understands the power of adult hood, and may remove Splash from his movepool.

In summation:
-Gyarados named Big Baby
-Must have Splash, Flail, Thrash. The forth slot is a freebie.
-May solo Audino, Emolga, or Togekiss to make Splash into a free slot.
Accepted!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)