The Slimming Down GSC Tournament - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The Slimming Down GSC Tournament

Introduction
Snorlax is the biggest, fattest, most centralizing force in GSC OU. As such, it's hard to imagine what GSC might look like without him around. For this tournament, GSC OU is being slimmed down to the tune of over half a ton with the removal of Snorlax. I'll also be implementing the old ban on Hidden Power Zapdos and Raikou for this tournament to balance those obvious successors to Snorlax's throne.

In addition to testing the might of participants in the GSC OU tier, this tournament aims to answer the following question: hyperbole aside, to what degree does Snorlax shape the GSC OU metagame? How much will change with him gone, and how much will stay the same?

Tournament Rules
General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.

Format
  • Generation II OU
  • Single Elimination, best of one
  • Matches must be played on Pokemon Online v2 under the "Crystal" subgeneration.

Specific Rules
  • Snorlax is banned for the entirety of this tournament.
  • Zapdos and Raikou are permitted to be used, but are not permitted to use the attack Hidden Power on their movesets for any match of this tournament.

Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Freeze Clause: Only one Pokemon can be frozen on your opponent's team at a time.
  • Ubers Clause: You may not use Ubers in this tournament. Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Lugia, and Ho-oh are banned for the entirety of this tournament.
  • Self-KO Clause: If a player uses a recoil move to cause a draw, that player wins. If a player uses Explosion, Selfdestruct, Destiny Bond, or Perish Song to cause a draw, that player loses. If a draw would be caused by a hold item or ability that causes recoil to the opponent, the player that controls the Pokémon with the hold item or ability wins.
  • Sleep Perish Trap Clause: A player may not use a sleep-inducing attack, an indefinite-duration trapping attack (i.e., Mean Look or Spider Web), and Perish Song all on the same moveset of any Pokemon.

Round 1 Pairings
Dice
vs King
NightFox vs WhiteQueen
Laurel vs Imanalt
MeowMixx vs Conflict
llvallejoll
vs magic9mushroom
Finchinator vs MarceloDK
Bomber92 vs Tiba Private
Lavos Spawn
vs Funkasaurus
dragonuser vs Bedschibaer Royal Flush
Seco453 vs Danilo
Brammi vs Eo Ut Mortus
cbt
vs disoriental Honor
Kebabe vs Crystal_
Hantsuki vs Temptation
SoulWind vs PasY_G
Colchonero
vs The Kyle
Andeby vs pokebasket
jira vs Asator
BKC vs Triangles
Sapientia vs .Robert
kael vs Kojes
Maverick Jones vs Chisposo
McMeghan vs Alf'
FLCL vs D4RR3N

Subs
Honor
Royal Flush
Private

Deadline
Sunday, October 13, 11:59pm GMT -5

Be sure to be active in terms of scheduling your match before the 1-week mark (Friday, October 4, 11:59pm GMT -5) or I might end up subbing you out!

Additional Request
I'd like to see logs of these matches in the name of science, so please save them and send to me if you can. I won't CT you, I promise, I'm not even playing in this tournament.

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
McMeghan vs DarkLoïc

Who cares about the other battles? It should have been the finals anyway

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
contacted, note that my opponent hasnt been on since sunday and his only post was to join this tournament, so activity post if it comes down to that.

Jorgen can you replace CBTerrakion with cbt in the op, ty!

Last edited:

Maverick Jones

Banned deucer.
For some reason the PM feature isn't working for me right now, so I've decided t reply to your message in the topic instead. My time zone is EST and I'm very flexible during the weekend; I'm available pretty much any time after 2:00 PM. What about you?

Just to say that I changed my alt Darkloic to Alf and I'm also in contact with McMeghan every day, we'll play (I hope) soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)