The Smogon Mario Kart 8 Thread

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If anyone wants to talk shop on rayman that would also be swell

It's much better as a co-op game, playing by yourself forces you to be Murphy (he basically helps outby moving shit and stuns enemies and he can also help double your lum count) and the game to control Rayman/Globox/Teensy.

If you like co-op, go for it.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Holy fuck that was intense, but I 3 starred all of 150cc thanks to this race! Now it's on to Mirror Mode, I've 3 starred Mushroom and Shell cups for that so far...

BTW it was awesome playing with you guys yesterday, we should totally play some more today! I'll upload more videos from yesterday tomorrow when my internet is better.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
fucking excellent job.

im a lil salty because im NOT gunna enjoy it based off of what you're sayin...

But hey it's Mirror Mode. Imma get drunk adn do it once i unlock it.

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
I'm ready to fuck a bitch up and win 150. I lost like 30 times today (because I refuse to get anything lower than 3 stars). The hax is almost unbearable.

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is the last race I did for getting triple stars in mirror mode

Wasn't able to get a perfect angle of the moneyshot buuut... (read the spoiler tag)

I think Lakitu threw a bomb which hit Peach and Bowser (who were about to win), BUT he threw it early enough that I could drive RIGHT through the explosion, wining me the match, the triple stars, and giving Lakitu a well deserved 2nd place for saving my ass. Thanks Lakitu!

I was totally about to bitch about communication errors kicking everyone out and blame Theorymon for it but I then I couldn't get onto the forums cause my sister was screwing around with the router. So I'm just going to bitch. Why couldn't the disconnecting player just disappear from the race? Why does everyone lose when one person drops out? Or am I just mistaken and this is the consequence of having oh-so-reliable Australian Internet?

Last edited:

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
How high does Mario look in this screenshot?

Also the 150cc modes are fucking brutal in this game. Star Cup is the hardest thing I have ever had to do in a MK game. The AI are so ridiculously agressive, one mistake and youre in 6th/7th and then fighting to get back to the front...
FUCK STAR CUP. :( It's so terrible. Especially Dolphin Shoals. It's almost impossible to come in first. It took me like at least 20 tries to come in first in the first two races all just to be fucked up the ass in Electrodome. I got hit with three green shells and one red shells in 10 seconds. Meanwhile computers get triple mushrooms at the end of the race in third place and I get a god damn green shell. To make matters worse I went completely uncontested the whole last race almost as if I was racing by myself.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
FUCK STAR CUP. :( It's so terrible. Especially Dolphin Shoals. It's almost impossible to come in first. It took me like at least 20 tries to come in first in the first two races all just to be fucked up the ass in Electrodome. I got hit with three green shells and one red shells in 10 seconds. Meanwhile computers get triple mushrooms at the end of the race in third place and I get a god damn green shell. To make matters worse I went completely uncontested the whole last race almost as if I was racing by myself.
Those two tracks are crazy. The Airport one is great, nice little track, but Dolphin Shoals and Electrodrome are actually very technical tracks where the AI can and WILL smack you about. I think I've got a lid on winning at Dolphin Shoals, but Electrodrome... Jeez man that shit is hard. I'm probably going to go around and do all the other cups first before coming back to Star Cup :P I've watched the AI pick up mushrooms/red shells infront of me when I've gotten coins... D:

Theorymon

Here's some assorted videos Ive uploaded.

This is when we did that Luigi Cup yesterday. dat megaphone #luigisrevenge

Oh man, poor poor Jac...

I got freaking spanked this round hahahaha! I had another one with Wario but I wasn't able to get a good shot of that one :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)