The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to see a soccer thread, so i will start this one, i want to open the discussion.

What do you think about the best 100 soccer players in the world that fifa announced? Number 1 kaka and 2nd ronaldinho, i think 3rd its henry

THE NAME IS FOOTBALL

I think the best player in the world is Ronaldo in terms of consistency, Kaka really did jackshit in Serie A. Then probably Messi after Kaka. Ronaldinho has not been at his best since pre world cup

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
on the topic of football/soccer, had the drawings for the European Championships today and once again we (the Netherlands) are screwed and paired up with the strongest group.

Ended up with both finalists of last years world cup final (France and Italy) and the team that ended above us in the qualifying group Romania, predict a short visit to Switzerland for us, we'll be home soon.

group C is a real killer group, i hope the retarded Italians will lose and the Netherlands and France will advance.
the other groups aren't that intresting.
i'm hoping for a Germany vs France/Netherlands final

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lol, I don't think Messi is that well known to win the Player Of The Year.

I can see Kaka winning it, although being a ManUtd fan I'd like to see Ronaldo win it.

Yeah, if you're talking about the Europeon stuff, it's Football not Soccer.

Spain got a pretty manageable group: Greece, Spain, Sweden and Russia. As the perennial underachievers, however, I'm not going to say they have assured the pass to quarterfinals.

What I can assure, though, is that, if Spain gets to quarterfinals, thay'll be eliminated there ;_;

Also, I'd say Messi is the best player in the world at the moment. Ronaldinho isn't even close now, his best was two years ago, he's been playing worse and worse since then. By "worse" I don't mean he's bad, though, only that he's going steadily down.

THE NAME IS FOOTBALL
If i had put football everybody would think it was a NFL tread as most users are from USA, i personally think that Messi its too hyped, what really surprised me about the Eurocup was that england was out, and Croacia seems to have an amazing team as well as Russia, what do u think about Gio dos Santos? (the mexican on barcelona, besides marquez)

How did Holland get a Hard Group, Scotlands group was harder, alas I think that due to the linesman that cannot see, We weren't in that group

How did Holland get a Hard Group, Scotlands group was harder, alas I think that due to the linesman that cannot see, We weren't in that group
Holland always its on the hardest groups, but you have to think that the other teams also hate to be with Holland in the same group, that team its scary, lot of stars >_<

Norway didn't qualify for the Euro08...and im not surprised:( stupid turkey!
YAY :D This will be our third debut in ze European Championship. Even though Group A (Turkey, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Portugal) is yayz when compared to Group C (Netherlands, Italy, Romania, France), I don't thing we can get to quarterfinals.

I am actually disappointed with my country . The best we did was coming third in 2002 World Cup and 2003 Confederations Cup respectively.

Turkey's a really underrated team IMO. They can beat a lot of good teams and would make my list of top 10 teams.

Ronaldo for best player. :)

Turkey's a really underrated team IMO. They can beat a lot of good teams and would make my list of top 10 teams.

Ronaldo for best player. :)
I don't think so.

The English have been a joke lately..couldn't even tie Croaita at home when it was vitally important.

I'm a German/Dutch fan living in the USA so I've got up to three teams to route for. Though if i had to pick I'd pick Germany..only really route for Holland because of Ajax.

If i had put football everybody would think it was a NFL tread as most users are from USA, i personally think that Messi its too hyped, what really surprised me about the Eurocup was that england was out, and Croacia seems to have an amazing team as well as Russia, what do u think about Gio dos Santos? (the mexican on barcelona, besides marquez)
Messi is overhyped for sure, fantastic player but he wouldn't cut it abroad especially in England, he'd have his legs broken within months. Ronaldo is extremely well-built and can cope with the Premier League where unlike La Liga, full backs give you a nice kick for a step-over and actually try to tackle you.

Dos Santos, I've heard is pretty good, I haven't seen much Barca since my Sky broke to to be near the first team with Deco, Iniesta, Xavi etc you must be decent. I've heard he's considered as good a prospect as Messi and was linked to Man Utd and Chelsea for £20m

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Apparantly Dos Santos won't make it that well for Barca, but Bojan will(other young talent who broke into first team)

Well, according to the Spanish coverage "Re Vista De LaLiga on Tuesday they say that's how it will end.

In Mexico dos santos is a hope for mexico, right now i think mexico has the 2nd best team on his history, i think they are in par with brazil and argentina (even when argentina always owns mexico).
I personally dont like a lot the english football, to much faults that are not marked, and this mess up with the game.
Ronaldo its an awesome player, he its one of my favorite players, but he its fat...lol, but he its still amazing

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
In the MLS, i think it was bullshit that Penalty at Omar Bravo didnt count, i dont go for chivas, Im Cruz Azul all the way.

lol, i am from Toluca, we were eliminated buy fcking Pumas...
also MLS is having a really huge growth, that its the power of money >_<

Messi is overhyped for sure, fantastic player but he wouldn't cut it abroad especially in England, he'd have his legs broken within months. Ronaldo is extremely well-built and can cope with the Premier League where unlike La Liga, full backs give you a nice kick for a step-over and actually try to tackle you.

Dos Santos, I've heard is pretty good, I haven't seen much Barca since my Sky broke to to be near the first team with Deco, Iniesta, Xavi etc you must be decent. I've heard he's considered as good a prospect as Messi and was linked to Man Utd and Chelsea for £20m

Messi isn't overhyped. He's GOOD. And, unlike Ronaldo or Ronaldinho lately, he's not a lazy bum. Ronaldo is fantastic, no doubt: highest scoring efficiency of any footbal player, by far. And Ronaldinho is a genius sure. But Messi is a genius, too with his outstanding speed, ball control, dribbling, passing and scoring capabilities. I can only see him grow (not in size, he's a midget lol).

Dos Santos is still too young. Right now, he isn't anyone important in Barça, but he has potential. The same can be said about Bojan, who is the most talented young player Spain has had since Cesc, and is playing quite well so far.

You Turkey people are some crazy footballfans... i remember when my fav team http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tromsø_IL won agaisnt Galastaray in the Uefa cup... The english part of the forum was dominated by angry Galastaray fans and happy Fenerbache fans yelling at each other:o
:P I remember that match. The fans were crazy at the manager and the players saying "they could not beat an average scandinavian team" :P

PS; It's "Galatasaray", not "Galastaray". Not Fenerbache, Fenerbahce. Also, we say "Turkish people" instead of "Turkey people" <.< Thou can guess why >.<

Yes, Imma grammar nazi XD

Vorhangistan said:
Ok yeah totally because Turkey is a real power.

Hm who got 3rd in the last world cup? Turkey? Oh woops, no.

edit: And decade old matches don't really help to prove points.
I by no means mean that Turkey is better than Germany or Holland, that would be bullshit. I just mean that we aren't a nobody in soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)