The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Spain atm, even though they are even bigger chokers than England, they have the quality in the final stages and their group is quite easy

I'd say NOT Spain. I'd love to be wrong, but, seriously... we will get to quarterfinals and then get defeated by whoever we match.

My bet is Italy. They are always competitive.

Spain got a pretty manageable group: Greece, Spain, Sweden and Russia. As the perennial underachievers, however, I'm not going to say they have assured the pass to quarterfinals.

What I can assure, though, is that, if Spain gets to quarterfinals, thay'll be eliminated there ;_;

Also, I'd say Messi is the best player in the world at the moment. Ronaldinho isn't even close now, his best was two years ago, he's been playing worse and worse since then. By "worse" I don't mean he's bad, though, only that he's going steadily down.
Pretty much agree with everything in this post, and THANK you for acknowledging Greece's existance, which no one seems to do for whatever reason. Definitely, Messi is commonly accepted as being the best by pretty much everyone at this point and I think he would have picked up a lot more momentum by now if it wasn't for that injury.

Brazil... wait what? no seriously i think a team who no one expect to win, win.
Remember Greece guys?
Damn straight I do. Gogo pirate ship :-)

PS-I think I love you Mr./Ms./Dr. Time Mage, your avatar is also kickass and your location is probably my favorite city in the world.

PS-I think I love you Mr./Ms./Dr. Time Mage, your avatar is also kickass and your location is probably my favorite city in the world.
Dr? Hah, I had enough with my degree, thanks, no need for a Ph.D. Also, yes, Kuroyanagi is badass. Or at least, as badass as you can be in a baker's manga.

Also, yes, Granada is the best.

Regarding Greece... I don't think they'll do as well as in the past Euro Cup. I don't like their play style at all, although I recognize its merits and the fact that it's the most suited to that group of players. However, they have the same chances as everyone on the group to pass to quarterfinals, in my opinion. The rest will be a bonus.

P.D.: Despite me only talking about Barcelona's players so far, I'm a Real Madrid supporter ^_^

Seems like a pretty manageable group for Greece, I'm really hoping they can reach far this year. 2004 was just incredible for us. I can see Greece picking up 5 or 6 points in the group stages.

In 2004 we lost to Latvia :( tho we managed to get to the quarterfinals in 2000.

I say this year Italy or England. We aren't even gonna make to the quarterfinals imho.

In 2004 we lost to Latvia :( tho we managed to get to the quarterfinals in 2000.

I say this year Italy or England. We aren't even gonna make to the quarterfinals imho.
England, didn't make it thanks to the coach that drops David Beckham, brings him back for him to do well and then drops him again, and also thought that Gareth Barry was better than Hargreaves. Not to mention dropping RObinson when his form started to improve

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll have to predict Portugal to win. They only just squeezed to qualify, and sure there not consistant. Though it has to be said that their team has speed, skill and ImO they're the Brazil of this tournament. Well, I could say the obvious Germany etc. but don't see it, maybe Holland?

Who knows, and I won't care seing as we can't even qualify through an easy group at our own game...

Kaka for player of the year, and FYI Ronaldinho was not nominated, so he's out of the picture.

Kaka, Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, Take your pick.

I would put my bets in a team no one expect to win, like croacia, they did awesome in the eliminatory and have a very good team, and no one expects much from them

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You ammuse me.

I know that ManUtd are now the 2nd favourites to win it, that is good seing as I'm a fan. However, I can see Barca winning it, Henry, Messi, Dinho, Eto'o and Deco? Come on, they're favourites and it's obvious why they are.

Barcalona Predict

I really dont like Barca, i just care of it because of the mexican player it has, i would like that an italian club won the champions, a team like milan or inter, or maybe a team that its unusual to win the champions like psv or porto, its boring that the teams with a lot of money win allways

Champions League?, i don't know is really hard to predict. I couldn't predict Milan vs. Liverpool the past year!.

I believe the teams that could get far (maybe the final) are Man U., Inter and Arsenal. Barcelona could be a difficult opponent.

Oh Real Madrid!, they seem strong again maybe they get far. Olympiakos seems like a nice surprise this year.

I have a sneaky feeling that Utd (my team) will win it. Hargreaves is solid in midfield protecting Ferdinand and Vidic and Ronaldo is scoring goals in the CL finally and upfront Rooney and Tevez can score goals at any time

Really hope Liverpool wins it, but they must win their last match in the group stages or they're out of the champion's league. I'm not too worried though, Liverpool's players are on form (stevie G and torres), and they have performed well recently in the Premier League with a 4-0 victory against Bolton (Wish Crouch scored in that match, he had a few good chances) and against Besiktas (8-0!!)

I think real madrid also has a chance of doing something important too, they are starting to get a really solid team again, and look very strong

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
THE NAME IS FOOTBALL

I think the best player in the world is Ronaldo in terms of consistency, Kaka really did jackshit in Serie A. Then probably Messi after Kaka. Ronaldinho has not been at his best since pre world cup
He was good in Serie A. He was godlike in the Champions League.
Kaka is way more important to Milan than Ronaldo is to Manchester.
I can't see anyone denying this to be honest.

Ugh, can't believe England failed to qualify for Euro 08.

Anyway, who I think will win it? Really, whoever out of Group C make it out alive would be my top two favs to go all the way. I'd put Germany as a 3rd choice fav (ahead of Spain, purely because of the aforementioned choking that Spain).

Also, being English, I can't help but talk about the EPL. Arsenal vs. Chelsea and Manchester United vs. Liverpool this Sunday, yay! Expecting Arsenal and Man U to walk away with wins (or draws), but if Chelsea and Liverpool can get wins it'd make the current league table quite interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)