The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool just lost 1-0 to Manchester United. Liverpool had quite a few chances to conceed a goal, pitty they couldn't convert any of those chances. Imo liverpool should have defended better to prevent the Tevez goal, so they have no one to blame but themselves. =/

Oh lol, 8-0. That was quite an embarrasment to us, as Beşiktaş is one of the Top Four in Turkey: Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe, Beşiktaş and Trabzonspor.
That game looks as if it was fixed, there was irregular betting.

As expected Utd beat Liverpool yet again:naughty:

norulz

excellent
Mexico may not have the best 2nd team, but at least its better than England and a lot of other European countries who think that are better, Mexico its the 3rd best team in America, after Brazil and Argentina, the only ones that have defeated us lately are USA, and it's because we always play in their country and local matters
Figures a Mexican would say this, and no, pal, Mexico isn't better than England, the only teams below Mexico are the Eastern teams in Europe, Mexico has a decent team, but that's about it.

Oh lol, 8-0. That was quite an embarrasment to us, as Beşiktaş is one of the Top Four in Turkey: Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe, Beşiktaş and Trabzonspor.
Man, about 5 of the 8 goals scored by Liverpool were just AWFUL. The first goal was just sad, from 2 to 6 they were just rebounds because the keeper didn't play for shit, and the 8-0 was a well-timed jump for Liverpool, and a whole lot of luck to the mix, the only goal that was decent was the 7-0. But I guess goals aren't measured in beauty.

For people who haven't seen the highlights: http://youtube.com/watch?v=IJc_pFjR_5o

England is not even top10 in my option:/ However Premier League is the best league out there, but thats probably just because of the money.

I agree with Andeby, England its not even in the top 10, Mexico is not either, and i don't think Mexico its better than England, i think they have a very even matchup, and yes premier league its one of the best leagues

¡and if you watched that game you can tell that guatemala played like pigs and Chuautemoc was just stooopid >_<
Cuauhtemoc didn't played in that game.

It's a bit denial to argue about your own team being better than someone's else.It is even more useless if you are Mexican and some of the guys here are English, actually i think both of the sides have had a bit of frustration in the last games, for me that 3rd place on Copa America was shit (more after the 3-0 defeat with Argentina in the semifinals).

Quite frankly, England with Capello in charge would demolish Mexico, we have too many class players.

It's fucking embarrassing not to qualify for the Euros but McClaren is a retard, Lescott is utter shit, Carson is too inexperienced and Barry is shit, how I know this but he didn't but was paid £4m a year was beyond me.

Heh yeah England would be so much better if they just had an okay keeper:/ Robinson is good but not national team good, but everyone else is shit:P

Cuauhtemoc didn't played in that game.
He played, but he was expulsed from the game after hitting a guy from Guatemala, you should see more games, and lets better end this, i feel that it doesnt matter anyway, everybody has their own opinion and i can respect that

Actually i would like to see a game between mexico vs england, probably england would defeat mexico, but it would be a good match, and dont say that england will demolish mexico, in the world cup england barely defeated ecuador with a shoot from beckham, and trinidad & tobago also caused some trouble to them... >_>

I meant the friendly they played two months ago, Mexico played with some under 20 players ... you mean the game in the Gold cup (where Cuauhtemoc was in), that was against Honduras (where they lost too DUH)...

I don't know if England would win against Mexico on a serious game (is all that matters, friendly matches are shit); but they would be more obligated to do it than Mexico.

lol, sorry, my mistake, i usally don't see sub20 games, but hey in sub20 korea defeated brazil like 4 or 3 years ago, so anything can happen there, it would be a close match between mex and eng :)

What are everyone's thoughts on the Champs leagues fixtures? Some very interesting fixtures coming up, that's for sure.

And I'm guaranteed a ticket for Arsenal vs AC Milan....

Champion leagues its allways awesome, and all the teams seem to have a possibility, what you guys think about the Real Madrid vs Barcelona match?

Been a life long Villa fan (Aston Villa :P), was born too late to see their last Champions league triumph (1982), so Champions league is not as excitable since we're not in it (yet lol).

Being in England I'll be supporting all British teams, I reckon Barcelona will find it hard against Celtic away, going to be a real cup match and Celtic can spring a few surprises on big teams at home beating AC Milan and Man United there recently.

Liverpool vs. Inter should be a good match, as my current favorite player will be playing (Ibrahimovic!)

As long as celtic can get a draw at the Nou Camp, I can definately see them witch a chance of going through. I hope they do, having a few underdogs will keep it interesting.

(RotPredictions:

Man Utd vs Lyon (To strong at home for Lyon)
Arsenal vs AC Milan (If Arsenal don't concede at the San Siro they'll do it)
Liverpool vs Inter (Liverpool lack the quality)
Chelsea vs Olympiakos (Routine wins)

Mm, UCL predictions:

Celtic - Barcelona
Celtic are obvious underdogs here, I'd like to see them make it through but I doubt it. Celtic have great home form, but getting anything away, that'll be tough.
Lyon - Manchester United
I just think Man U have more quality. As SBC stated above as well, Man U have fantastic home form.
Schalke 04 - Porto
I'm unfamiliar with both of these teams, so making this prediction on Group Stage statastical form. Porto: 3 Ws, 2 Ds and 1 Ls. Schalke 04: 2 Ws, 2 Ds, 2 Ls. Porto are also undefeated (in the UCL) at home.
Liverpool - Internazionale
Form says Inter, but I have a hard time betting against Liverpool in UCL games. The UCL just seems to be the tournament where they shine.
Roma - Real Madrid
Not overly familiar with these two teams, but I'd put my bets on Madrid, for obvious reasons.
Arsenal - AC Milan
Going with the Defending champs. At home, I reckon Arsenal are okay, but whether they can go away and get anything (or keep themselves from losing any lead they have) I don't know.
Olympiacos - Chelsea
Chelsea are a great team if they have their key players fit. If they have their main squad fit, I'd certainly list Olympiacos as underdogs.
Fenerbahçe - Sevilla
As with a couple of the above, I'm not overly familiar with both teams, but on current form, Sevilla have 5 wins from 6 (with their only loss away to Arsenal), whilst Fenerbahçe carry 3 wins and 2 draws from 6.

Arsenal - AC Milan
Going with the Defending champs. At home, I reckon Arsenal are okay, but whether they can go away and get anything (or keep themselves from losing any lead they have) I don't know.
AC Milan are yet to win at the San Siro all season and if Arsenal have their key players (gallas, v.persie, hleb, fabregas) fit I don't think that'll change.

AC Milan are yet to win at the San Siro all season and if Arsenal have their key players (gallas, v.persie, hleb, fabregas) fit I don't think that'll change.
Ah, I'm not up-to-date with Serie A (or La Liga for that matter), so I was only going by the UCL statistics, which currently sets them as undefeated at home.

With poor San Siro form being the case (and all-round poor domestic form, I looked it up, 12th in Serie A? O.o), probably a different case. I dunno, I don't like changing my vote but looking over at that, seems like Arsenal are a better choice to bank on.

I didnt know Messi was voted 2nd best player after kaka, i dont think he its that good, what do you think about?? i think that there are a lot of better players than messi.
dinho, henry, van nisterooy, c. ronaldo, etc..

In half a season, Ronaldo has 18 goals from the wings, if Ronaldo had been playing in La Liga or won the Champions League he'd have won it except for the journalists hyping Kaka up on the basis of 5 good performances

C.Ronaldo is alright, though he has missed a few easy shots in the past. Most recent against West Ham and Ferguson was blaming him about that loss.

I dont think Kaka its hyped, the thing its that he doesnt look as spectacular as c. ronaldo or messi, but his passes and the way he moves to take opposite defenses, speed and all that stuff make him a really complete player, c. ronaldo and messi are great players, but Kaka its THE PLAYER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)