skies Song: Britney Spears – Til The World Ends Remix (ft. Ke$ha & Nicki Minaj)
Genre: early-2010s pop, pop-rap
Description: Til The World Ends bounces me back to just finding out about music in the early-2010s and what the music was like back then... This is one of the only ones that stood the test of time and reminds me of when collaborations were a huge event like this. Three of the biggest stars (at the time) collaborating was huge >>
Song: Dream Theater - Panic Attack
Genre: Progressive Metal
Description: this reminds me of my childhood playing rock band 2 and failing this song every time lmao
Song: Rita Ora - Radioactive
Description: Just a bop honestly, I love her voice and used to listen to this quite a lot.
Song: Cell Block Tango
Genre: Musical Theatre
Description: Just imagine a very young smol Tenshi going around the house singing "he had it comin he had it comin"
song: Blink 182 - All The Small Things Genre: Alternative Rock/Pop
Description: Just general days of my youth/teenager years vibes and was in Charlie's Angels, which was one of my favorite films as a kid.
namda Song: Gong Xi Gong Xi
Genre: Traditional Music (? need a fact check on the genre cause idk for sure)
Description: every lunar new year, my family loved playing this song alongside the celebrations! it will be forever ingrained into my memory :DDDDD
noct song: the steve miller band - fly like an eagle
genre: classic rock, dadcore
description: the first song i consciously remember listening in the truck with my father driving somewhere. every time it comes on it pretty much fills me with nostalgia for when i was like 7 and less stressed
37. Yo La Tengo - I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One, Genre: Indie Rock, Noise Pop, Country: USA, Released: 1997
36. Hum - Downward is Heavenward, Genre: Alternative Rock, Post-Hardcore, Space Rock, Country: USA, Released: 1998
35. Modest Mouse - This Is a Long Drive for Someone With Nothing to Think About, Genre: Indie Rock, Midwest Emo, Post-Hardcore, Country: USA, 1996
34. Drive like Jehu - Yank Crime, Genre: Post-Hardcore, Math Rock, Noise Rock, Country: USA, Released: 1994
33. Portraits of Past - 01010101, Genre: Screamo, Post-Hardcore, Country: USA, Released: 1996
32. Caifanes - El Silencio, Genre: Latin Alternative, Alternative Rock, Mexican Folk Music, Country: Mexico, Released: 1992
31. Swans - The Great Annihilator, Genre: Post-Punk, Experimental Rock, Noise Rock, Gothic Rock, Country: USA, Released: 1995
30. Pj Harvey - Rid of Me, Alternative Rock, Noise Rock, Country: UK, Released: 1993
29. The Jesus Lizard - Goat, Genre: Noise Rock, Post-Hardcore, Country: USA, Released: 1991
28. Stereolab - Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements, Genre: Noise Pop, Experimental Rock, Krautrock, Country: UK, Released: 1993
27. Cap N Jazz - Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over, Genre: Midwest Emo, Math Rock, Post-Hardcore, Country: USA, Released: 1995
26. Ground-Zero - Consume Red, Genre: Noise Rock, Drone, Experimental Rock, Country: Japan, Released: 1997
25. Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary, Genre: Midwest Emo, Alternative Rock, Country: USA, Released: 1994
24. Unwound - New Plastic Ideas, Genre: Post-Hardcore, Noise Rock, Country: USA, Released: 1994
23. Fiona Apple - When The Pawn, Genre: Piano Rock, Singer/Songwriter, Art Rock, Art Pop, Country: USA, Released: 1999
22. Ween - Pure Guava, Genre: Alternative Rock, Experimental Rock, Neo-Psychedelia, Country: USA, Released: 1992
21. Today Is The Day - Willpower, Genre: Noise Rock, Post-Hardcore, Country: USA, Released: 1994
20. Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space, Genre: Space Rock Revival, Neo-Psychedelia, Art Rock, Country: UK, Released: 1997
19. Boredoms - Super æ, Genre: Noise Rock, Experimental Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Country: Japan, Released: 1998
18. Jeff Buckley - Grace, Genre: Alternative Rock, Singer/Songwriter, Country: USA, Released: 1994
almost missed this prompt oops
Song: Bubble Toes - Jack Johnson (2001)
Genre: Folk Rock
Description: la da da da da da
reminds me of my childhood a lot, was one of my favorite songs when i was really little
August Recs! Theme:
This month our theme is a collaboration with TV & Films! We've recommended songs from a movie alongside some of our favorite movies, be sure to also check out TV & Films' recommendations! They'll be posting movies with their favorite movies with their favorite soundtracks, give it a look!
Song: Tommy Genesis – Bricks (ft. Charli XCX)
Description: From the most iconic scene in one of the best movies of all time: Assassination Nation. The entire world remembers where they were when this one dropped, and it hasn't been the same since.
Favorite Movie: Beautiful Boy
Song: Chingon – Malagueña Salerosa
Genre: Latin Rock (probably)
Description: Off of the Kill Bill Vol 2 Original Soundtrack. Truly magnificent movie and soundtrack
Gota Love Yaoi
Song: They Might Be Giants – Spiraling Shape
Genre: Art Rock | Theater Kid (tolerable)
Description: I was really not expecting to go with this but this song improves this scene so so much and it just lives in my mind always.
Song: Charles Bernstein – Nightmare on Elm Street Main Theme
Genre: Movie OST
Description: This song is one of the biggest reasons why no Elm Street movie can ever touch the first one. The entire soundtrack gives this movie such an edge (the no running in the halls scene...). I could go on for ages but it's just a great soundtrack for one of the best horror movies of all time. Also honorable mention to my fav movie Alien for its amazing soundtrack, was too hard to just pick one standout song in it though so I went with the most iconic instead
Song: Minions – I Swear
Description: this song made me cry when i was 11 #MINIONSSWEEP
Song: The Light The Heat & Roary – Waking Up
Genre: Indie | Indie Acoustic
Description: Positivity and Hope
Song: Madonna – Into The Groove
Description: From Desperately Seeking Susan, this song is an absolute banger and Madonna is an icon in the film
Song: Thomas Newman – Nemo Egg
Description: A song I always listen to when life is getting hard or I feel like there is nothing left to live for. The piano and strings make me feel as if I am a baby again, swaying in my rocker the way fish swim through the ocean; for there is no set destination, but my journey has only just begun and the current will take me where it may.
Movie: Finding Nemo
Song: Joe Hisaishi – Mononoke Hime
Genre: Classical | Film Score
Description: princess mononoke as a film and as a soundtrack too underrated :/ Joe Hisaishi is a musical genius fr
Song: Vangelis –Blade Runner Blues
Genre: Electronic | Film Score
Description: "i've seen things you people you people wouldn't believe... attack ships on fire off the shoulder of orion. i watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the tannhauser gate. all those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain. time to die" - roy batty
Song: Howard Shore – The Grey Havens
Movie OST: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Description: A trilogy that can never be topped...
Favorite Movie: Jurassic Park [dinosaur emoji rawr]
Song: Venus as a Boy - Björk
Description: From the movie Léon: The Professional, this was just a nice song to feature in the middle of the film and set the tone well. Not a huge fan of the movie but young Natalie Portman was surprising to see and she had a terrific performance
Can't have this category without this mention...
Song: Holding Out for a Hero - Jennifer Saunders
Genre: uhhh... Iconic?
Description: Come on... this scene from Shrek 2 is one of the greatest cinematic masterpieces ever. The song adds soooooooooo much to it and makes it such a memorable sequence, Jennifer Saunders absolutely killed this role and especially the songs.
Song: Charli XCX - Next Level Charli
Description: Recently this has become my absolute go to hype up song. The pacing and energy is just brilliant on this track and is also a core staple of my party mixes. And remember to TURN THE VOLUME UP IN THE PARTY PUT YOUR HANDS UP AND DANCE. BUMP BUMP IN THE RAVE GO FOREVER AND EVER
Just some artist (and song) recommendations for september:
Los Campesinos! Romance Is Boring (2020 Remaster)
Genre: Indie Pop
Description: Song about an abusive husband who just watches sports on a couch while consuming unholy amounts of beer, and a housewife who beats the everloving absolute crap outta the husband, with a BASEBALL BAT, rehab isn't the only place this guy need's to go.
Joe Satriani Nineteen Eighty
Genres: Instrumental Rock, Blues Rock.
Description: This beauty of a song, by the Leonardo Da Vinci of Instrumental Rock, and Blues Rock , deserves to be in a RACING GAME, PUT IT IN GRAN TURISMO, NOW-
bo en my time
Genres: Art Pop, Bitpop, Kawaii Future Bass
Description: Besides the funny hikikomori game that makes you want therapy after the true ending (Omori, also play the game it's great, don't look up the true ending, PLAY IT.), this song is great, hits hard on the beat drop, and when i want to eat fresh peaches at 11:00 PM ET, that i don't have.
The 8-Bit Big Band Snake Eater - Big Band Version ft. Tiffany Mann
Genre: Jazz Orchestra
Both the original song, and this cover make me feel like becoming a old man named Snake who went through a microwave hall and is in a tech heavy suit that's broken, to beat up my older brother, named liquid who went through a radiation field and is not wearing a tech heavy suit that's broken.
That's all of them. (I think for now. )