Claydol (?) [Leftovers]
Bold (+Defense -Attack)
Levitate
[252 Hit Points] [114 Special Attack] [138 Defense]
-Stealth Rock
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam
-Psychic

Claydol starts off the team as my set up pokemon. Generally, I'll set up rocks first, but if I need to I'll attack first, or switch. I don't need Rapid spin, as I have 3 SR resistances, a TS absorber, and 1 Spikes immunity; its just not as big a threat to the team. So Psychic is substituted to for dual STAB. I might be willing to replace Claydol with something, and put miltank in the lead, but we'll see. I'll be putting together the "vs common leads" section soon. Otherwise, claydol holds its own against many lead, venesaur presents a problem, but switching is always an option.

Synergy:
Ice -- Poliwrath, Miltank
Bug -- Poliwrath, Nidoking
Grass -- Sceptile
Water -- Sceptile, Poliwrath
Dark -- Absol, Poliwrath
Ghost -- Miltank, Absol

Charlemagne

Nidoking (m) [Life Orb]
Naughty [+Attack -Special Defense]
Poison Point
[252 Attack] [80 Special Attack] [176 Speed]
-Earthquake
-Thunder Bolt
-Ice Beam
-Sucker Punch

Nidoking doubles as general wall breaker and sweeper. Earthquake for obvious STAB. Boltbeam provides great coverage, and hits a lot of walls for 2HKO's. Sucker punch takes out fast ghosts and psychics, and others coming in to pick nidoking off. The EV Spread gives him 2HKO's on most walls, while maintaining a balance between the two attacking stats. Priority on sucker punch is a huge boost to him as I haven't focused on his speed. If speed becomes an issue, I will switch to Naive.

Here are some damage calcs for the moveset.

Calculations:
Thunderbolt vs. Max HP Slobro 52.3% - 61.9% 2HKO
Earthquake vs. Max HP Registeel 70.9% - 84.1% 2HKO
Earthquake vs. Max Defense Chansey 62.2% - 73.2% 2HKO
Thunderbolt vs. Max HP Blastoise 45.3% - 53.6% 2HKO after SR
Ice beam vs. Min defense/HP Venasaur 56.5% - 67.1% 2HKO
Ice Beam vs. Max HP Claydol 45.1% - 53.7% Possible 2HKO

Synergy:
Water -- Poliwrath, Sceptile
Psychic -- Absol, Claydol
Ground -- Claydol, Sceptile

Eclipser

Absol (m) [Lum Berry]
Adamant [+Attack -Special Attack]
Super Luck
[252 Attack] [252 Speed] [6 Special Defense]
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Super Power
-Psycho Cut

Absol is my physical sweeper. I went with the Swords dance set for the superior power. Sucker Punch gives me some good priority. Super Power pairs well with swords dance as the drop is covered by swords dance if I need to use it. Psycho cut is mainly filler, but provides some extra coverage. I chose lum berry to keep absol from being crippled from burn and paralysis. And yes, I know 'eclipser' isn't technically a word, but I took some grammatical liberties.

Synergy:
Fighting -- Claydol, Nidoking

Hypnotist

Poliwrath (m) [Leftovers]
Adamant [+Attack -Special Attack]
Water Absorb
[252 Hit Points] [252 Attack] [6 Defense]
-Bulk Up
-Hypnosis
-Brick Break
-Water Fall

Poliwrath is mainly on here to cover some types, like waterm fire and bug. Bulk up is fun to use on him, and is fairly simple to pull off; Hypnosis something, Bulk up on the switch and have fun. Waterfall/brick break have decent coverage and give him dual STAB. He also provides nice status support in hypnosis.

Synergy:
Electric -- Claydol, Nidoking, Sceptile
Grass -- Sceptile
Psychic -- Absol, Claydol

Bessie

Miltank (f) [Leftovers]
Impish [+Defense -Special Attack]
Thick Fat
[252 Hit Points] [252 Defense] [6 Attack]
-Body Slam
-Milk Drink
-Heal Bell
-Toxic

Miltank is my utility/tank pokemon. She adds some great bulk, and some key resists/immunities (fire/ice/ghost) and she keeps status away from the team. If I drop claydol, Miltank will move to the lead, and have stealth rock over toxic. But right now she works very well where she is.

Synergy:
Fighting -- Claydol, Nidoking

Wyvern

Sceptile (m) [Choice Specs]
Timid [+Speed -Attack]
Overgrow
[252 Special Attack] [252 Speed] [6 Hit Points]
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Focus Blast
-Dragon Pulse

Sceptile rounds off the team as my special sweeper. Since he will likely just switch out anyways, Leaf Storm was the prefered option over other STAB moves. HP ice gives him some good coverage, as well as focus blast. Dragon Pulse is mainly filler, but has its moments. Sceptile is by far the fastest team mate here, and as such functions as my default revenge killer.

Synergy:
Fire -- Poliwrath, Miltank
Poison -- Nidoking

You should give Sceptile a Life Orb instead of Choice Specs, because otherwise unless all of their Pokemon that resist Grass are dead, they WILL switch in a Grass resistor.

Sceptile wants HP Psychic to own Heracross as well as hitting Venusaur which is basically what it hits with it.

I suggest you make Nidoking your lead. Claydol will get Taunted by many leads, TrickedScarfed (and therefore practically worthless later on) by many more. I know that Claydol is a tried-and-true lead, but personally I don't like. Nidoking makes an efficient attacking lead, however. Now for the actual pokemon.....
----------
I suggest replacing Ice Beam with Rapid Spin on Claydol. Eliminating Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Toxic Spikes is important, because your team looks like they switch a lot. Also, Nidoking and Sceptie already have Ice moves, so the coverage is redundant. If you don't need Rapid Spin, then perhaps Explosion to KO anyone when your Claydol is practically dead? If so, use a Rash nature instead of Bold. A third choice is to Give it a Choice Scarf and replacee Ice Beam with Trick, allowing you to incapacitate enemy threats. I just don't see how Ice Beam on Claydol is helping this team.
----------
I don't think you need a mixed Nidoking, since physical attacking is covered by Absol/Poliwrath. Therefore, I suggest this set, as it plows through teams once Chaney is gone.

Nidoking@Life Orb;
Poison Point ability; Modest nature;
252 SpA EVs / 252 Spe EVs / 4 HP EVs;
Earth Power
Sludge Bomb
Ice Beam / Dragon Pulse
Thunderbolt / Flamethrower

Any combination of the 6 moves will work, not just the last 4. However, Dargon Pulse provides little-to-no extra coverage. Same for Flamthrower.

This gives it much better sweeping ability, though it no longer is a wallbreaker.
----------
You say that you can Swords Dance again to make up for the Super Power stat drop, but Absol is very frail, and it's near impossible to use Swords Dance more than once. I'm not saying Super Power is bad, I'm just letting you know that you can't simply stat up as you please. Also, you don't need a Lum Berry since Miltank has Heal Bell. Use a Life Orb. Otherwise, Absol is fine.
----------
Hypnosis is a very unrelaible move, so you may want to give Poliwrath another move. Earthquake is good, but so is Ice Punch to hit Altaria hard. Encore allows you to set up on others who allow you to trap them in a non-damaging attack. Your choice. However, Poliwrath isn't incredibly bulky so waiting for Hypnosis to hit would be best served by another 'mon. That's all for Poliwrath.
----------
Miltank is excellent at what she does, though I think you should use Thunder Wave instead of Toxic. Poliwrath/Absol are pretty slow, and would greatly benefit from paralysis support. That's all I can say about Miltank.
----------
Sceptile should have a Life Orb, simply due to his inability to switch in on a lot of things. Dragon Pulse is unecessary coverage, but Sceptile is looking pretty good.
----------
Overall, it's a pretty good team, but there's always room for improvement.

On Claydol, I would still replace Ice Beam with Rapid Spin - you say your team is not hazard-weak, but 5 of your Pokémon will still take 25% from 3 layers of Spikes.

On Nidoking, I would swap Earthquake for Earth Power, and reverse the Atk/SpAtk EVs.

Also, on Absol, using Superpower after Swords Dance is shooting yourself in your foot. Why would you first need to find a gap to SD in, and the just bring it back to normal again? I'd replace Absol altogether. Not exactly sure whatfor, but even though its attack is great, it still lacks, IMO.

Your Miltank looks like it is meant as some kind of wall, and right now it's walled by ghosts to hell and back, so I'd switch Thick Fat for Scrappy, even though it provides you less resistances.

For Sceptile, I'd switch Specs for Life Orb, as Sceptile likes to be able to switch moves. Also, maybe you should try Modest over Timid, as it will outspeed almost everything anyways (especially in UU).

SlimMan and More Cowbell, Superpower on Absol is standard, and necessary, because otherwise he is walled by Steels and Darks. Yes, it lowers his Attack by 1 stage, but SD raises it two stages to begin with. Change Lum Berry to Life Orb. It's not needed as Miltank has Heal Bell.

The team isn't that bad, but there's definately room for improvement. Nidoking is a very underrated UU pokemon. My favorite set for him is the lead. It works pretty well against other leads, as he'll get SR up, and he doesn't mind being tricked a Scarf, and can use it later in the match. I have used this lead for a while, and I absolutely love it.

Nidoking @ Focus Sash
Modest
80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Earth Power
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

Sceptile is an awesome sweeper, but for your team, Life Orb fits better. Replace HP Ice with HP Psychic, and switch Dragon Pulse to Synthesis so that he can heal himself.

I agree that Claydol does close to nothing for your team. A Rapid Spinner would do you quite a bit of good, but Claydol shares many common weaknesses with your team. I suggest you change him to Blastoise.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Rapid Spin
Toxic
Surf
Ice Beam

Hypnosis is an extremely unreliable move for any pokemon. I will suggest you change it to Substitute on Poliwrath, and use him as a SubPuncher. Change Brick Break to Focus Punch. Bulk Up is even more annoying when you use it behind a sub but if it's not working very well, change it to Encore.

That's about all I could find. Your team is a bit Hera weak, but Blastoise can deal with him to some extent. The only thing I could think of that beats him reliably is Weezing, but he woul dreplace Poliwrath, leaving you with only one physical attacker. I hope this helped you out and good luck.

Poliwrath wants Encore. Badly. Hypnosis sucks, it never hits (at least for me, heh). Encore is a much more reliable way to get you a free turn to set up. Bulk Up/Waterfall/Brick Break/Encore is fine if you want to go the Bulk Up route. If you choose to take the SubPunching route, the moveset you'll want is Substitute/Focus Punch/Ice Punch/Encore. I think you'll f ind either of those sets far more effective than your current Poliwrath.

On Claydol, I would still replace Ice Beam with Rapid Spin - you say your team is not hazard-weak, but 5 of your Pokémon will still take 25% from 3 layers of Spikes.
Man.. That is a hard thing to do. I think only Frosslass can do that. Besides, only few pokemon set-up spikes. But yes, I agree that you should add Rapid Spin instead cuz SR or Spikes, maybe both(sometimes) are EXTREMELY annoying and affecting teams. Also, you could use Shadow Ball over Psychic to attack shit like Rotom that blocks Rapid Spin.

Good team, I would replace Brick Break on Hypnotist with Focus Punch because if the opponent is sleeping unless they wake up, you are hitting them twice as hard. Bessie already has Heal Bell so Lum Berry on Eclipser is unnecessary, replace it with Life Orb.

Good team, I would replace Brick Break on Hypnotist with Focus Punch because if the opponent is sleeping unless they wake up, you are hitting them twice as hard. Bessie already has Heal Bell so Lum Berry on Eclipser is unnecessary, replace it with Life Orb.
I disagree about Poliwrath. Unless the sleeping Pokémon is the last one on the field or one that can take Poliwrath's water/fighting attacks all day, it's going to be switched out. Since Poliwrath intends to stay on the field and is going to Bulk Up, the extra power from Focus Punch isn't really all that necessary since the attack boosts will make boost Brick Break up. Also, this Poliwrath isn't using Substitute, which makes using FP risky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)