The Unforgotten (Gen 6 OU) 27-3

Hello Smogon community! This will be my second RMT, it has been a while since I've been in the Pokemon scene but I came back about a week ago and have been experimenting with the new pokes and mega evolutions that Gen 6 has to offer and I think I came up with a pretty solid team. I am still quite new to the meta however and suggestions always help and will be considered!

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 SDef / 12 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Conkeldurr is here to take the place of mega-lucario, mega-lucario worked in this spot but this mon is a lot better and allowed me to run mega charizard x. This set is great and Conkeldurr got a stealth buff in gen 6 with the buff to knock off and one of the new items; assault vest. This set maximized conkeldurr's natural bulk and also makes it so that he packs quite the punch.

Rufus (Excadrill) (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Replaces tenta, tenta is just outclassed by excadrill, excadrill aplies a lot more pressure and is great for taking out rotom-w, which is quite common. I'm sure that there is a more efficient EV spread, let me know.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 Atk / 200 HP / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Landours-T..one of my favorite Pokemon, shuts down physical sweeps with ease, also provides stealth rock support for the team, can intimidate physical sweepers then switch out without losing momentum with u-turn. Can also pack quite a punch with stab EQ which does solid damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Stone edge is there to take out those pesky Talonflame. I NEED SOMETHING TO REPLACE THIS WITH. SOMETHING THAT CAN SET UP ROCKS AND EAT WATER MOVES ALL DAY. (Currently testing Ferro, ferro will be in the importable for others to test)

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature

- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-W, pretty much necessary for a competitive team, it walls so much of the current meta and is one of the few hard checks for Talonflame. It provides so much utility for the team, it has hydro pump to take out opposing Landorus-T or other bulky rock/ground types. volt switch is there to hit water types for a good amount of damage and gains momentum. will-o-wisp is there to status the physical mons who do decent damage to Rotom and pain split is there for a somewhat reliable source of recovery

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 HP / 86 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- U-turn

The star of the team. Talonflame is too good of a poke right now to not take on a competitive team. Its "Gale Wings" ability is incredibly strong and gives it a source of priority. Im pretty sure the speed number is unnecessary so if anyone could help me out there that would be great. Not much to explain about the set, pretty standard.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw

- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

This monster is the new star of the team. It has huge wallbreaking potential after just one DD, and outpseeds most of the meta. If OHKOs just about anything and counters sun teams very well, one free switch into this thing could win you the match very easily. Brick break is there for coverage. (ie T-tar) and two incredibly strong dual stab moves.

If you have made it this far then thank you! I have put a good amount of time into the idea of the team and making this RMT. If you enjoy the team or have any suggestions to improve the team then feel free to leave a comment below.

All Changes are in RED

-zIntesn1fy

Importable:
Throwback (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 SDef / 12 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Rufus (Excadrill) (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Prickles (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Washington (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

SmokesGrass (Talonflame) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 HP / 88 Spd
Serious Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost

God Mode (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance

Last edited:
If it's a Scarfer you need Terrakion is a monster with it's rock/fighting STABs, has it has better Attack, and more bulk. You could also run Scarf Kyu-B, it's not his best set but it's still terrifying to face.

I had a terrakion actually, the biggest problem with having terrakion is that it adds to my huge grass weakness, I also thought about scarf kyurem-b but its pretty slow as far as scarfers go. What Im looking for in that last slot is a scarfer that has a fighting move but can also deal with grass types.

Hello Smogon community! This will be my second RMT, it has been a while since I've been in the Pokemon scene but I came back about a week ago and have been experimenting with the new pokes and mega evolutions that Gen 6 has to offer and I think I came up with a pretty solid team. I am still quite new to the meta however and suggestions always help and will be considered!

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch

Mega-Lucario, probably the most OP mega atm, can out-speed a lot of unscarfed threats in the current meta and is a deadly sweeper even without a swords dance set up. Lucario is basically here to sweep, with the incredibly strong STAB Close Combat, crunch for type coverage and has bullet punch for taking out those bulky fairy types and provides priority if needed.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

I think that Tentacruel is a pretty underrated poke atm, he is the teams spinner and main answer to stall. scald is there for damage and of course the annoying 30% burn chance that shuts down pyhsical mons. toxic/protect is there for stalling and potentially having black sludge restore enough hp to live another hit. Tentacruel is also a strong check to rain teams that may otherwise be a problem

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Landours-T..one of my favorite Pokemon, shuts down physical sweeps with ease, also provides stealth rock support for the team, can intimidate physical sweepers then switch out without losing momentum with u-turn. Can also pack quite a punch with stab EQ which does solid damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Stone edge is there to take out those pesky Talonflame.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-W, pretty much necessary for a competitive team, it walls so much of the current meta and is one of the few hard checks for Talonflame. It provides so much utility for the team, it has hydro pump to take out opposing Landorus-T or other bulky rock/ground types. volt switch is there to hit water types for a good amount of damage and gains momentum. will-o-wisp is there to status the physical mons who do decent damage to Rotom and pain split is there for a somewhat reliable source of recovery

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- U-turn

The star of the team. Talonflame is too good of a poke right now to not take on a competitive team. Its "Gale Wings" ability is incredibly strong and gives it a source of priority. Im pretty sure the speed number is unnecessary so if anyone could help me out there that would be great. Not much to explain about the set, pretty standard.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

The newest member of the team, its main purpose is to be the teams scarfer and to be an answer to sun teams which are a HUGE problem to this team. Pretty standard move-set for scarf Infernape. I take fire puch>flare blitz because the residual damage really adds up and with the iron fist ability it doesn't miss out on much power.

If you have made it this far then thank you! I have put a good amount of time into the idea of the team and making this RMT. If you enjoy the team or have any suggestions to improve the team then feel free to leave a comment below.

-zIntesn1fy

Importable:
Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- U-turn

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
Id suggest you start looking for a mcluke replacement, seeing how it may be banned soon.

Maybe AV Conkeldurr.

First of all this is a rather decent team but I'd recommend liquid ooze rather than rain dish on tentacruel as both of the abilities are extremely situational but if anyone wants to use hp restoring moves on you will take damage with liquid ooze.

Ranger Mike Thanks for the Suggestion! Since weather has been nerfed, there really isnt much of a reason to run rain dish>liquid ooze.
Uore Imo a mega is just too good to pass up, I have been doing some experimenting adding conk over mega luc, I added mandibuzz>talonflame and I added mage charizard x>infernape, will do some laddering before I post anything

Another suggestion is toxic spikes over toxic on tentacruel although this decision is totally up to preference tspikes put a lot more pressure on stall and offensive teams alike however you then can't toxic flying types.

I was thinking about t-spikes too tbh, that could also free up a slot on my mandibuzz who I am also running toxic on atm, let me know what you think about that :D

That is exactly what I was thinking about when I was typing up my previous response and I say that the decision is all yours I will agree with you either way in terms of the toxic spikes decision
Edit : how does scarf Latinos handle grass types with pay shock and Draco meteor as that hits most grass type for neutral damage now it can run hp fire but it's better overall to have another fire type eg his talonflame and infernape who is scarfed

Last edited:
Most, of the common used Grass type ar Veno and Trevanat. Psyshocking Veno generally takes it out after Some Prior Damage form SR and Draco Generally takes out Trevanant. He, can opt for HP Fire but i general i use Surf/T-Bolt depending on the team.

252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Trevenant: 174-205 (46.5 - 54.8%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO

-2 252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Trevenant: 87-103 (23.2 - 27.5%) -- 72.5% chance to 4HKO
Latios is somewhat of a check for trevenant but talonflame hard counters both mega saur and trevenant

After some more tweaking with the team, I have decided that AV conk>mega luc and mega zard x>infernape, will post changes later after some laddering. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions! I have tried latios but I honestly am not a fan, its pretty good for gibbing one pokemon before switching out, but in the current meta there are way too many set-up sweepers for choice latios to be viable imo. Currently with the potential changes, I have an account with a record of 17-1

Also after thinking about toxic spikes>toxic on tentacruel, there are just too many mega-venusaurs and defoggers running around for them to be effective

I Wasnt gonna say Scarf Lati but L/O Lati for sure cuz Lati can learn Defog that would clear up Tentacruel spot for a Grass Type Poke for the FWG Core.

That is true but then again if Latios dies early there's no longer toxic to render most walls useless what I mean is Latios is a good poke on the team I just think it shouldn't e over tenta

I have been putting some thought into your suggestions, I'm going to update the team to what I have tested with and have great success with, am currently 20-1, after I update the team, I will explain my thoughts on the potential latios/latias>tenta and how it could make my team better.
Thanks for all your suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)