The Well #33 - ◠‿◠

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Wednesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer." The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down, "Why not on Wednesday?" A voice from in the well shouts back, "Because on Wednesday, it's your day in the well."

Hello friends ◠‿◠

I go by Iconic. This was derived by some misguided sense that I needed a cool adjective as my username when I began playing Pokemon four years ago. I'm a biracial half-Chinese and half-Caucasian student finishing up my first year of university here in the glorious nation of Canada. I room with my best friend and it has been the most fun year of my life, although I probably waste way too much time partying and coming to this damn website. I have two older sisters and an older brother, and a girlfriend of over four years who unfortunately lives 264.6 km away from me because I'm a fucking idiot and decided not to attend university in the same city as her, something I regret every day. I am your quintessential 18-year old: I love to talk and play sports (Sens rule, Leafs suck, etcetera), I'm a huge music fan, I enjoy socializing and I have the attention span of a young preschooler. I'm also significantly taller than Phil.

If you know me at all, it's probably from tournaments or IRC, since that's where I waste most of my time here. I'm a little too shy to post regularly in a forum, although I'm a huge lurker and read almost every thread. I guess I don't really feel like I fit into the forum culture, since I'll often type out a post I think is funny and then not have the balls to post it! I also came pretty close to participating in karaoke to show off my French fluency, but naturally I got scared and decided not to. It's a pretty intimidating place! Kind of reminds me on how I got my start here... I made my way from Marriland to the dreaded TeamUber to Smogon. It was hard at first because everyone was racist to myself and my fellow TUers because Eternal was just too good for anyone on the Shoddy ladder, but everything worked out in the end because people realized I'm just a harmless little boy looking for some nice Pokemon matches!

Smogon has developed into a pastime that I have tried multiple times to kick, but I always end up coming back, not primarily due to my desire to play Pokemon, but because I've grown too attached to the community. While I sometimes feel disenfranchised by the direction that the administration decides to take, particularly with regards to competitive Pokemon and the parts of the website I either lead or contribute to, I believe the good intentions and desires to improve Smogon that I have frequently seen exhibited by my peers will ultimately allow Smogon to progress as a community in the right direction.

Uhhhh so apparently I'm stuck in some sort of well. If someone could get me out of this place before IPL makes his way here that'd be dandy. Feel free to ask any questions in the meantime, whether they be about school, life, music, sports, Pokemon, or Bloo. I promise I don't 60 Base Power physical Dark-type attack with a 30% flinch rate :)!

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Describe your relation with Bloo.

May we have some pic of your two older sister, because that seems like a fake, but pictures (with you on them) would prove you right ◠‿◠

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Did you ever pursue your career in Basketball or Badminton? Being Canadian, I am sure it wouldn't be hard for even you to play Basketball professionally. I remember you telling me how Athletic you are.

@ Blulz: one cannot rival this one

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wow i'm older than you? FUCK

-Anyway, to business. What's your favorite section on this site?

-A team of 6 your favorite pokemon, go!

-You're allowed to alter reality and instantly win ONE Smogon tournament of your choosing. Which one do you pick?

-What do you think of my avatar? Is it too good or WAY too good?

You said you like music, but do you play any sort of music or musical instrument yourself?

Describe your experience at TU

Where is your favorite place in Canada? Can you give any tips for whenever i, or rather my family, decides where to go?

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Is there anyone that you look up to or idolize that has affected who you are as a person? Who / how so / etc etc

Which accomplishment are you most proud of winning, the Marriland Main Event or one of your tournament wins on Smogon?

What do you hate most about competitive pokemon?

If you had to chose one user to come back to pokemon who would it be and why?

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will deem your well a success if you accept my challenge of a canadian impression-off

Also, what is your favorite movie trilogy and why? In that trilogy what do you find to be the weakest of the three and why?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Iconic, you seem like such a wonderful person how are we not friends yet~

I'm interested in your choice to pick a college, especially since it is so far away from your girlfriend. Why did you choose the college you are now attending? How close is it to your home? Did you consider going to her college? If so, how strongly? Do you think the distance has strengthened the relationship?

Iconig,

"the dreaded TeamUber"? (H) TU Xat #1?

Which oldschool TU member (I don't know if I'd be considered an oldschool TU guy :<) do you miss the most and why?

Competitively, what's your favorite pokemon? This can be for any generation and any tier/metagame.

Which nickname of yours do you like more, Ijohnic or Iconig?
Does your girlfriend know about Bloo?
Favorite Pokemon for purely aesthetic reasons?
Rank the following in attractiveness- White, Black, Asian, Latino

Which of your badges are you most proud of? Team rater?

When you have to make 50/50 decisions in important games how do you do it?

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
favourite alcohol?

favourite TU/faqs chat moment?

favourite woman?

if you were stuck in a room with Hitler and Kony which would you kill and which would you marry?

how much would you pay to meet farmer irl?

ill think of more later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)