The Wolfe is Eternally Drifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Welcome one and all to the lovely ASB Are--- wait we're NOT at the ASB Arena? Thats good because battles there are really BOORING!"

"I SubwayJ will be in charge of reffing this battle at the lovely Tower of Heaven. In my hands I hold the Book of Laws, I advise you to it, or my Cyclohm, Angry Birds, will have to smite you with a wicked thunderbolt!"

<You better pay close attention to the laws, I'm already angry so to provoke me more would be unwise>

"Stop trying to scare the challengers Angry... Anyways, just follow the laws and you'll be fine!"

We now take a look at the scoreboard to see the teams!

Team Drifter

Fern the Mewoth

Fern (Meowth) (Female)
Hardy Nature
Type: Normal
Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilties:
Pick Up:Type: Innate
This Pokemon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (its own or an opponents) is used or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokemon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occuring hold items in arenas.
Technician: Type: Innate
This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their one-hit or two-hit attacks that normally have 6 or less Base Attack Power to have their Base Attack Power on each hit multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, Double Hit to from 4 per hit to 6 per hit etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) Base Attack Power, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2). Because Technician is a multiplier on single hit moves, its effect is applied to Base Attack Power before any additive effects. Technician only applies to combos in the rare case that an initial hit will have 6 or less BAP.
(Dream World: Locked) Unnerve: Type: Innate
The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 90
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 1/6
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Attacks: (16 Moves Known)
Scratch
Growl
Bite
Fake Out
Fury Swipes
Screech
Faint Attack
Taunt
Pay Day
Feint

Hypnosis
Odor Sleuth
Spite

Toxic
Aerial Ace
Thief

Team Wolfe

Fiel - Minccino (M)
Nature: Jolly (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Special Attack)
Type: Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
KOs: 1

Abilities:
Cute Charm: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural cuteness causes Pokemon of the opposite gender in the same egg group to be attracted to it 30% of the time after striking with a contact move.
Technician (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally have 6 or less Base Attack Power to have their Base Attack Power multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) Base Attack Power, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2). Because Technician is a multiplier on single hit moves, its effect is applied to Base Attack Power before any additive effects.
Skill Link: (Dream World) LOCKED.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1
Spe: 87 + 17 accuracy
Weight Class: 1

EC: 2/6
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
-Aqua Tail
-DoubleSlap
-Encore
-Endure
-Growl
-Helping Hand
-Iron Tail
-Pound
-Safeguard
-Swift
-Sing
-Tail Slap
-Thunder Wave
-Tickle
-U-Turn
-Wake Up Slap

Total Moves: 16

Potato - Darumaka (M)
Nature: Jolly (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Special Attack)
Type: Fire - Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
KOs: 0

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.
Inner Focus: (Dream World) LOCKED.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 0
Spe: 58 + 8 accuracy
Weight Class: 3

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
-Brick Break
-Dig
-Encore
-Endure
-Facade
-Fire Fang
-Fire Punch
-Headbutt
-Incinerate
-Rage
-Rollout
-Tackle
-U-Turn
-Uproar
-Work Up
-Yawn

Total Moves: 16

Chrysalis - Staryu (-)
Nature: Timid (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Attack)
Type: Water - Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
KOs: 0

Abilities:
Illuminate: (Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intense light that blinds all opponents, reducing their Accuracy stage by one (1). The accuracy drop will last six (6) actions after the Pokemon is released.
Natural Cure: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.
Levitate (Command only): The Pokemon hovers above the ground, avoiding all Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude for three (3) actions. Earth Power's effectiveness is reduced by 3 BAP. Dig and Dive will also be avoided unless the user is above Size Class four (4), is 3.5m or longer, or has Levitate or the Flying type.
Analytic: (Dream World) LOCKED.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 98 + 22 accuracy
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
-Aurora Beam
-Barrier
-Blizzard
-Camouflage
-Harden
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
-Supersonic
-Surf
-Swift
-Tackle
-Thunder
-Water Gun

Total Moves: 13

As that fades away the rules for the battle appear!

Eternal Drifter VS TheWolfe
1v1 LC Beginner Battle
1 Day DQ (Applies to Ref as well)
5 Recoveries/Unlimited Chills
2 Subsitutions
Arena: Tower of Heaven
Abilities: All
Items: Training
Switch: N/A

The Tower of Heaven is an ancient structure that stretches deep into the clouds, the heavens, and far beyond. It is composed of a material similar to rock, but far more durable and nearly impossible to break. Most of the structure is open-air giving a good glimpse of the clear sky. Moss and other small plant life have grown on the outcropping on the rock-like material with small butterflies flying about. There are small streams and pools of water within the structure for Water attacks and Water Pokemon. The battle will take place within one of the many chambers of the tower.

All moves can be used within the Tower of Heaven. However, there is a catch. Within my hands is the Book of Laws. At the end of each round, I'll write down a new law. The laws restrict what attacks, actions, or commands you may or may not take in battle. Violation of any law in battle will still allow you to perform the command, however the offender will be struck down with a lightning bolt that deals 10 damage flat and ignores abilities, weakness, and resistance. The lightning bolt cannot be deflected, dodged, evaded, or otherwise blocked. It will hit the Pokemon behind a Substitute, find its way through Double Team, and will go through Wonder Guard. Pokemon that are immune to Electric attacks by ability or typing will still be struck down and will gain no benefit such as Motor Drive's Speed boost. Violation of multiple laws in an action will drop down multiple lightning bolts on the offender depending on how many laws they've broken in a given action.

For instance, Pikachu decides to use Thunderbolt on a Staryu. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Pikachu will be smote once for 10 damage. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt and all Electrical attacks, Pikachu will be hit twice for 20 damage. Finally, if I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Electrical attacks, and super-effective moves, Pikachu will be struck thrice for 30 damage.

If there's any questions or need clarification on anything, PM me.

Summary: All moves can be used initially, however new laws added in each round will restrict what commands can be used. Violation of any law will be penalized with a lightning bolt dealing 10 damage flat ignoring typing and abilities. Combatants can be penalized multiple times in an action.

Now lets go!

Eternal Drifter sends out Fern the Meowth (automatic) and applies item (if applicable)

The Wolfe sends out mon, gives item (if applicable) and issues actions

Eternal Drifter issues actions

I ref

(Also note to both of you, something has come up IRL and I'll be away for 2 days and I know the DQ is 1 day but please don't get a subref, I want to ref this!)

"Come now, Fern," Walker says. "You have a battle to fight. This shall be one of your first solo battles. I hope you do well. Scraggy seems to have gotten lost somewhere on a floor below, so he won't be of any help..."

Fern the Meowth IN

"No items of note on this end," Walker says. "I intend to pick up a couple training items soon, but for now, I don't have anything of use."

No Item Attached

"Go starfish alien!"

Chrysalis - Staryu (-)
Get equipped with Amulet Coin.

Water Gun ~ Thunder ~ Thunder
Sub: IF you are flinched on A1, THEN make remaining actions into Surf.

If you two are wondering how the Tower of Heaven works, check out this match.

Walker grins, watching the Amulet Coin get equiped to the Staryu. "Just as planned. Now, Fern, you know what to do."

Fern:
Action 1: Pay Day
Action 2: Thief
Action 3: Pay Day

"Now, behold the power of one-hundred! The task is now set before us! Nothing will stop me now, not even the great dieties! In the end, they will fall to our might! And not just the might of my allies, but my own might as well! Do you think you can stop me? A defeat here would only be a minor setback!"

(OOC: Hundredth post, and now revealing some of Walker's true agenda in celebration.)

Pre-Round 1

Fern the Meowth
EN: 100
Ranks: 2/2/2/2/90
Abilities: Pick Up, Technician

vs

Chrysalis the Staryu
EN: 100
Ranks: 1/2/3/2/98
Abilities: Illuminate, Natural Cure

Round 1

We hear a voice echo through the arena.
"Petty humans..."

"Playing a game..."

"In MY tower..."

"They must pay for their incompetence..."
Challengers, it seems we are not the only ones here today. But anyways off to the battle!

Our battle starts today with Eternal Drifter releasing his Meowth, Fern, from its Pokeball. The Wolfe does the same and as his Staryu, Chrysalis, comes out, it releases a bright flash of light, hindering Meowth's vision for a while which looks like it will decrease his accuracy!

The actual fighting begins soon after, Chrysalis sends a spout of water from its... well I don't know where, which douses the poor kitty and we all know cats HATE water. In response, Fern picks some spare change out of its pocket and throws it at the starfish hitting it for some solid damage.

We then see Chrysalis preparing another attack, a Thunder this time, which hits the cat for extra damage because it was all wet! Fern pulls something different out of her pocket this time. A ski mask! How shocking! With the mask she looks like a thief (it also helps you to look like a thief by stealing Amulet Coins from people)!

After all that robbery commotion, Chrysalis decides to send another bolt down on its foe (HEY THATS MY JOB) doing good damage again (someone get that cat a towel). Keeping the stolen Amulet Coin around her neck, Fern decides to throw even MORE change from her pocket at her enemy. CATS HAVE GIANT INVISIBLE POCKETS OKAY!

"WHO IS YELLING IN MY TOWER."

"Umm, I am?"

"ONLY I MAY YELL IN THIS TOWER!"

"I--I'm sorry."

"Because of your refs recklessness I am going to have to imply a new rule on this battle, challengers!"

"I hold the Book of Laws at the ready!"

"Your new rule is...
THOU SHALL NOT STAB!

Make of it what you will"

(SubwayJ writes law down in book)
-------------------------------

Pre-Round

Staryu's Illuminate activated
-
1 ACC Meowth

Action 1

Staryu used Water Gun
RNG Roll Crit (<=625 Crit): 5838 (no)
DMG = 4+3+1.5 = 8.5 DMG
Meowth was drenched!
2EN

Meowth used Pay Day
RNG Roll Hit (<=7500 Hit): 4830 (yes)
RNG Roll Crit (<=625 Crit): 1393 (no)
DMG = 6+3 = 9 DMG
Coins were scattered all around!
2EN

Action 2

Staryu used Thunder
RNG Roll Hit (<=9200 Hit): 1882 (yes)
RNG Roll Crit (<=625 Crit): 4566 (no)
RNG Roll PRZ (<=3000 PRZ): 7092 (no)
DMG = (12+1.5)*1.5 = 20.25 DMG
8EN

Meowth used Thief
RNG Roll Hit (<=7500 Hit): 2435 (yes)
RNG Roll Crit (<=625 Crit): 9073 (no)
DMG = 6 = 6 DMG
Meowth stole Staryu's Amulet Coin!
5EN

Action 3
Staryu used Thunder
RNG Roll Hit (<=9200 Hit): 7832 (yes)
RNG Roll Crit (<=625 Crit): 6173 (no)
RNG Roll PRZ (<=3000 PRZ): 9468 (no)
DMG = (12+1.5)*1.5 = 20.25 DMG
12EN

Meowth used Pay Day
RNG Roll Hit (<=7500 Hit): 713 (yes)
RNG Roll Crit (<=625 Crit): 4340 (no)
DMG = 6+3 = 9 DMG
Coins were scattered all around! (*2)
2EN

Deity used Hyper Voice
DMG (SubwayJ) = 0 because he's cool like that

SubwayJ used Sketch
He wrote a new law in the Book of Laws!

Totals

Meowth:
HP = 90-(8.5+20.25+20.25) = 41HP
EN = 100 - (5+2+2) = 91EN

Staryu:
HP = 90-(9+6+9) = 66HP
EN = 100-(2+8+12) = 78EN

Deity:
HP: ∞
EN: ∞

SubwayJ:
HP: ∞
EN: ∞

Post Round 1

Fern the Meowth
HP: 41
EN: 91

vs

Chrysalis the Staryu
HP: 66
EN: 78

LAW I - THOU SHALL NOT STAB
-----------------------------------------------

The Wolfe seems to have a pretty solid lead!

Can Eternal Drifter catch back up?

Also
NOTE to Eternal Drifter:
I know it doesn't say so in the DAT but there is a rule (I have been influenced by it) that states you only get the CC bonus if you win the battle.

Fern's claws are instantly sheathed at the new law, and Walker seems to be... rather angry, and putting his sword away, he takes out a branch... covered in webs, waving the improvised weapon around.

"Laws of binding... and they've bound us heavily. Too heavily for any effectiveness. Will we let that stop us? No. Improvise... and weaken that star. Meanwhile, I've got some searching to do..."

Walker is pissed, it seems. This law has taken away all of his good offence.

(OOC: Shouldn't Pay Day have been boosted a little further, with Technician and STAB?)

Safe Attacks:

Growl

Bite
Screech
Faint Attack
Taunt
Pay Day

Hypnosis
Odor Sleuth
Spite

Toxic
Thief

Fern, Round 2:
Action 1: Odor Sleuth (Chrysalis)
Action 2: Hypnosis (Chrysalis)
Action 3: Screech (Chrysalis)

No substitutions, since I have little way of preventing what may occur, anyway.

Walker, Round 2:
Action 1: Identify Book of Laws location (Battlefield)
Action 2: Start climbing to Book of Laws location (Battlefield)
Action 3: Continue Climbing to Book of Laws location (Battlefield)

IF Book of Laws has been reached by action 3, Walker will use Pound (Book of Laws) (Rank 2 Attack from normal type, using the Webbed Club)

Someone misunderstood the law...

Pre-Round 2

Fern the Meowth
HP: 41
EN: 91

vs

Chrysalis the Staryu
EN: 78

Round 2
"It seems one of our challengers misunderstood the law I gave them!"

"Definitely, when would you like Cyclohm to strike?"

"Soon ref... soon"
It appears one of you did not get the correct meaning of the law! Nevertheless, lets battle!

Round 2 starts of with Chrysalis sending a Blizzard of icy cold snow towards its opponent engulfing Meowth and chilling her to the bone. Fern then tries to remedy her accuracy from the flash of light last round by sniffing around for her opponent!

"ZAP!"

It seems that that action violated the law!

After that Meowth is struck with another bolt of thunder from Chrysalis, just like the ones from last round! It does less damage however, as the water dried up since then. Fern in response to that pain tries to put Staryu to sleep by hypnotizing it but unfortunately the attack misses!

The last action of this round is the last as Chrysalis summons yet another Blizzard which knocks the cat out!

"I know announce the battle to be over!"

"Finally, NOW LEAVE MY TOWER"

And no, Walker never found the book...
--------------------------------------------------
Action 1

Staryu used Blizzard
RNG Roll Hit (<=9200 Hit): 4143 (yes)
RNG Roll Crit (<=625 Crit): 7084 (no)
RNG Roll FRZ (<=1000 FRZ): 9996 (no)
DMG = 12+1.5 = 13.5 DMG
8EN

Meowth used Odor Sleuth
Staryu was identified!
5EN

Meowth was struck by a bolt of lightning!
10DMG

Action 2

Staryu used Thunder
RNG Roll Hit (<=9200 Hit): 6042 (yes)
RNG Roll Crit (<=625 Crit): 8539 (no)
RNG Roll PRZ (<=3000 PRZ): 2133 (no)
DMG = 12+1.5 = 13.5 DMG
8EN

Meowth used Hypnosis
RNG Roll Hit (<=6000 Hit): 7122 (no)
7EN

Action 3
Staryu used Blizzard
RNG Roll Hit (<=9200 Hit): 2950 (yes)
RNG Roll Crit (<=625 Crit): 906 (no)
RNG Roll FRZ (<=1000 FRZ): 1436 (no)
DMG = 12+1.5 = 13.5 DMG
8EN

Meowth was KOed

Totals

Meowth:
HP = 41-(13.5+10+13.5+13.5) = KO
EN = --

Staryu:
HP =66-(0) = 66HP
EN = 78-(8+8+8) = 54EN

Post Round 2

Fern the Meowth
HP: KO
EN: --

vs

Chrysalis the Staryu
EN: 54

LAW I - THOU SHALL NOT STAB
(The law meant for you not to use STAB moves, hence thou shall not STAB!)
-----------------------------------------------

Good Game both of you and congratulations to The Wolfe

Prizes
The Wolfe:
2CC
+
Chrysalis the Staryu:
1EC, 1DC, 2MC, 1KOC

Eternal Drifter:
2CC
+
Fern the Meowth:
1EC, 1DC, 2MC

SubwayJ:
2UC
----------------------------------
(Also sorry for the bad flavour, I didnt have much time to write it up)

Aw, looks like the Tower of Heaven doesn't really work in 1v1 matches with newbie Pokes.

Good game Walker and thanks for reffing SubwayJ. Let's have another match in the future. =3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)