The XY Ubers Replays of Excellence Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
A fun match I had, showcasing the insanely stupid yet ridiculously awesome Weakness Policy Groudon

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-81524162

I don't want to hear any wise-ass comments about this not being a "Silly things on the Ubers Ladder Thread", this was an actual tour match and my opponent was skilled.

Behemoth (Groudon) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 SDef
Careful Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
A gen 6 battle that lasted under 20 turns?

Fake.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-85348531

Random battle against orch. Semi stall vs balanced. Shows the effectiveness of some lesser seen sets/mons like support mega kanga and quagod. Support kanga in particular proved to be a major cockblock to orch's team. Quagod was just a straight up badass the whole damn time. #dquag4mod There were some occasional crits that might have changed the course of the game but it's hard to tell but I personally don't think it effected the overall game in the long run.

On a side note Rachi has to be one of the shittiest geoxern checks in existence.

Spacial miss was quite bad for me. I'll expand upon this post in few hours.

252 SpA Lustrous Orb Palkia Spacial Rend vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 310-366 (78.6 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-81956142

I'm using my testing alt, but this demonstrates the utility of Arceus-Poison as a great ExtremeKiller and Xerneas counter. As you can see, the opponent assumed a garuenteed victory after he got a +2 Arceus, assuming no one could take +2 Extremespeeds. However Arceus-Poison takes an Extremespeed like a champ, Will-O-Wisps him, and defeats him. Later, Arceus-Poison tanks a Xerneas Moonblast and phazes it out, rendering it useless.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-81956142

I'm using my testing alt, but this demonstrates the utility of Arceus-Poison as a great ExtremeKiller and Xerneas counter. As you can see, the opponent assumed a garuenteed victory after he got a +2 Arceus, assuming no one could take +2 Extremespeeds. However Arceus-Poison takes an Extremespeed like a champ, Will-O-Wisps him, and defeats him. Later, Arceus-Poison tanks a Xerneas Moonblast and phazes it out, rendering it useless.
Bad opponent but you did demonstrate that Poisonceus has a niche as a Xerneas and perhaps Ekiller check. It would be a check rather than a counter because it doesn't force either out with the threat of a OHKO. Also on Ekiller your relying on will-o-miss to land otherwise your screwed. Additionally, all Poisonceus can do is phase as a judgement on a +2 Geomancy'd Xerneas only does a meager 35-40%. So while it has an interesting niche as checking both at the same time, there are better options out there. For some reason I only just remembered that EQ isn't uncommon on Ekiller. So scratch that, Poisonceus is terrible as a Ekiller check. :L

Bad opponent but you did demonstrate that Poisonceus has a niche as a Xerneas and perhaps Ekiller check. It would be a check rather than a counter because it doesn't force either out with the threat of a OHKO. Also on Ekiller your relying on will-o-miss to land otherwise your screwed. Additionally, all Poisonceus can do is phase as a judgement on a +2 Geomancy'd Xerneas only does a meager 35-40%. So while it has an interesting niche as checking both at the same time, there are better options out there. For some reason I only just remembered that EQ isn't uncommon on Ekiller. So scratch that, Poisonceus is terrible as a Ekiller check. :L
Yes, I agree that while its not the best check to both, it works quite well. It can still take a +2 Earthquake and phaze with Roar or burn, and after a phaze, Geomancy Xerneas is completely rendered useless. But, on that team, it functioned as a physical wall in general, while having a niche of checking Xerneas. So, I think it has some distinct advantages over using a Normal Wallceus.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yes, I agree that while its not the best check to both, it works quite well. It can still take a +2 Earthquake and phaze with Roar or burn, and after a phaze, Geomancy Xerneas is completely rendered useless. But, on that team, it functioned as a physical wall in general, while having a niche of checking Xerneas. So, I think it has some distinct advantages over using a Normal Wallceus.
Nearly dying then phazing isn't considered a good check by any means. Otherwise red card + endure deo-a checks every attacker in game efffs.

edit 1: I like how jimmy posts battles that show either good players playing badly or him getting hax'd .-. though the replays he posts tend to be predispositioned towards his win lol.

edit 2: Fireburn4head TD pretty much every game I've seen there were tons of hax everywhere ;-; lol

edit 3: unrelated but orch in our game for this weekend tour (fuck you Fireburn , match rigging QQ) the bolt strike miss on xern didn't change the end result

252 Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 36 Def Xerneas: 237-280 (51.9 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

top lel. No clue how your gira is ev'd but it did approx 20.4% dam so even assuming your krom got a max dam roll on xern (assuming no crit/para) then it xern tanks at 2% and from there rockceus cleans up. QQ

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-86121427

A battle on the ladder, I mispredict early and lose my hippodown to an LO Dialga's Draco Meteor, but after a lot of heavy prediction come back and win 2-0.

Testing a new team with a latias set from shrang. Still need to make some improvements but that was a pretty intense battle. There's quite a few mispredicts from both parties here and there but both sides felt the pressure of the opposing team at various points during the match. Not a fantastic replay but pretty solid and shows some of the shape of the current meta.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-86121427

A battle on the ladder, I mispredict early and lose my hippodown to an LO Dialga's Draco Meteor, but after a lot of heavy prediction come back and win 2-0.

Testing a new team with a latias set from shrang. Still need to make some improvements but that was a pretty intense battle. There's quite a few mispredicts from both parties here and there but both sides felt the pressure of the opposing team at various points during the match. Not a fantastic replay but pretty solid and shows some of the shape of the current meta.
meh it wasn't a bad match and i'm not going to analyze it like a lot of players do, but i don't really know why he sacced ho-oh. sure it was paralyzed and had a bad match-up against your remaining mons, but by that time you used a lot of subs / roosts with your own ho-oh so he could have possibly outstalled it. i realize his plan was to keep your sub broken so that zek could come in and finish the job, but obviously that didn't work out. he definitely misplayed going for +4 with luke though. everything on your team with the exception of ho-oh is ohko'd even at max health, meaning you would have needed to sac at least 2 mons to regen back up to a respectable amount of HP. you switched out at 18% and while i don't know your spread, jolly +2 luc's cc hits 252 HP ho-oh for 75-87%. of course if you're impish it would do less. BUT, if you were BOTH aware of this calc it would have been very interesting to see if he risked going for another SD as you switched out for regen, which at that point +4 luc would destroy.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-87425765
Great match I had with Henri (hyw). This is by no means a hax-free, or even a fair match (most significantly, on turn 3, Henri had meant to use Taunt if not for the untimely parahax), but what makes it great is how it's a demonstration of players not losing their cool in the face of hax (Henri mainly, I'm the hax0r), some good plays, and my new fave THUNDER WAVE XERNEAS deer me this thing is good :D Also, this match's fast-paced nature makes it an exhilarating one that is enjoyable to watch.

Last edited:
lol i see where you're coming from. i went into that match somewhat flustered bc i didn't mean to play using that team on that alt (currently unbeaten due to my using full stall to painstakingly win + i saw souls' team 6-0 furai the night before t.t). i devised a gameplan: 1) force defog to get darkceus' health down to an appropriate level and 2) get rocks up to break multiscale, before doubling into groundceus on a predicted heatran switch to try and sweep from there. the means by which i got to that point did involve some silly unnecessary switches, but at least the end result was acheived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)