Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Capricorn

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Aquarius

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Pisces

Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters
Take it as you want, but the Zodiac has always been a topic that strangely fascinated me. The alignment of planets determining personality traits upon birth appears crazy these days but I can admit that this form of pseudo science does offer some perplexities. Especially when some traits do match with your given signs. For those who are unaware, there are 3 main signs that determine most of your personality: your Sun sign, your Moon sign, and your Rising sign or Ascendant. Your Sun sign is you at its core, your main personality that is the biggest reflection of you. Your Moon sign is you internally. It is your inner thoughts, your mental state, and your obsessions that are all associated with your Moon sign. Finally, your Rising sign is how you appear to others at a first glance and that external appearance.

If you want to know the traits of all 12 signs between their elements, their dates, and qualities I created a table you can view:
Sign Date ElementQuality
AriesMarch 21 - April 20FireCardinal
TaurusApril 21 – May 21EarthFixed
GeminiMay 22 – June 21Air Mutable
CancerJune 22 – July 22WaterCardinal
LeoJuly 23 – August 23FireFixed
VirgoAugust 24 – September 22EarthMutable
LibraSeptember 23 – October 23Air Cardinal
ScorpioOctober 24 – November 22WaterFixed
SagittariusNovember 23 – December 21FireMutable
CapricornDecember 22 – January 20EarthCardinal
AquariusJanuary 21 – February 18AirFixed
PiscesFebruary 19 - March 20WaterMutable

So what I'm getting at is that this is a thread open to discussion on Zodiac signs, your placements, the sharing of experiences among signs, and sharing natal charts. Natal charts not only determine the main 3 aspects but also the numerous other traits such as planet placements and house signs (which is a topic I might cover another time). A source that I highly recommend to anyone who wants their natal chart is CafeAstrology. It presents you with an easily readable chart with all of your signs in an organized fashion, making it simple to read. I'm practicing and improving on reading natal charts so I don't mind taking a look on any if people cannot determine it themselves. Anyway, whether or not you believe in the Zodiac, it still would be appreciated if people are respectful of their beliefs (because I need an obligatory respect statement). Any questions are also appreciated!

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
I'm a cancer and I tend to be pretty sensitive. I often time get butthurt and I've acted pretty petty before. I'm happy I'm able to recognize it.

I'm glad this thread was made because I'm really interested in why people are interested in astrology. I'm going to preface this by saying I don't believe in astrology and I really am not a fan of it for various reasons. Let me know if I'm being disrespectful but most of my questions are just things I'm curious about.
But something I am really curious to know is why so many people are into it/getting into it? It seems to be something younger people are going to which is in contrast to religion trends which, at least in America, show people turning away from religion. It always confused me why people in an age of increased understanding of our surroundings and the universe due to science would turn away from religion yet go into astrology.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Astrology is a load of hocum but also I’m a gemini and have a twin sister. Take from that what you will. Also there r some entertaining TV shows that incorporate astrology/similar into their lore so I’ve developed something of a passing interest in it.

What makes you gravitate towards astrology rather than, say, tarot as a means of reading?

Oh wow, I am dating a Libra man the first time I too am a Libra. So far everything is wonderful the sex is magical, the conversation is wonderful. When we kiss it’s so intense and intimate. I have dated an Aquarius a Taurus a Virgo and a Gemini and have never felt sexually connected as I do too my male Libra. This is the first Libra I have ever dated and so far it’s explosively wonderful. I almost didn’t date him because he is a inch shorter than me but I’m getting over that LOL. Guess I’m vain?! The only thing I worry about is what I’ve read about leaving a male Libra alone for too long they will stray! If this were to happen I can shut him out with a snap of my fingers and move on. I feel he would be the one hurting more. I usually get really bored in a relationship but so far he is keeping my attention and I’m loving it! I hope this lasts.

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
is a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I'm glad this thread was made because I'm really interested in why people are interested in astrology. I'm going to preface this by saying I don't believe in astrology and I really am not a fan of it for various reasons. Let me know if I'm being disrespectful but most of my questions are just things I'm curious about.
But something I am really curious to know is why so many people are into it/getting into it? It seems to be something younger people are going to which is in contrast to religion trends which, at least in America, show people turning away from religion. It always confused me why people in an age of increased understanding of our surroundings and the universe due to science would turn away from religion yet go into astrology.
I believe it is due to the fact that astrology gives people a greater sense of group identity/makes them feel more included. I do not see anything wrong with this but I personally do not believe in astrology since it doesn't have any sound scientific basis.
I'm an Aries and share quite a few of the main traits of the sign, but some are the opposite of me.

This looks fun! While I'm not fully subscribed to the zodiac, I do think it's fun to look into solely out of just how coincidental one may be able to relate to what their zodiac says they're like. For mine, it's largely accurate. I'm a Scorpio, and my GF is a Pisces (although she's a strong personality too, which I blame on the fact that she's 75% Italian lmao). A lot of what I feel is much more intensified than what it would normally be, so my high feel very high, and my lows are very lows (I swear I'm not bipolar lol). The same goes towards the people I love: it's intense, it is fully invested, and it is filled with emotion and purpose, as in I don't just do things, gestures, favors, etc. just to do it. I've gotten a lot that I can be "seductive" (I feel so weird saying that). I'm an extremely passionate person, that's probably the best way I can define myself, and I put passion into anything I put my effort into. I also am a bit of a control-freak, I like to be the leader of things, and I like to know that I'm trusted. I wouldn't mind learning more about the Scorpio sign, so I'll keep following this and stick around :)

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I always wonder if the ancient fellows who came up with this sorta thing believed themselves.

There is no scientific backing for stars influencing your personality, but the science behind scam artistry can be fascinating and i love fortune cookies so why not horoscopes.

I'm a Scorpio and I'm totally different than everyone is telling that Scorpios are supposed to be. To be honest I don't really believe in zodiac 'cause not everything is true. Maybe some people find themselves in the zodiac but not me. I think everything depends on what kind of person you are and who is near you. I believe in twin flame and after I read an article about this I'm sure that this is true. Unfortunately, I haven't found my flame yet, but I'm sure that he is waiting for me. I suggest you focus on your development and then you will not take care of the zodiac.

Last edited:
i'm scorpio, but i have cancer in my moon and gemini as rising sign. in my opinion is too difficult to have this combination because i'm always having a mix of different feelings, i'm really sensitive and emotional, basic things can let me sad all day long, but at the same time i get an angry feeling and i create a bitterness inside me against a person or something that really made me feel horrible, i'm also super comunicative, i can't let someone being ignored and i'm always trying to be nice with everyone, it's part of me talk so much, have presence in the places where i go. but, the final of the story is that i'm always evolving and becoming a better person, my signs are too important to me and we will become more mature with the time.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm a pisces, and my moon and rising are both in aries. I'm VERY sensitive and I can deff hold a grudge if you've hurt me. I'm also very hotheaded, impacient and impulsive. Everytime i read something about my sun sign i agree with like 99% of what is said. I don't fully believe in zodiacs, tho. If you fucked up and tried to blame it on your sign, I'm not buying it, Brenda. But otherwise, yeah, I think they're neat.

Hey hey

I see everyone talking about there sign but in fact astrology become interesting when you know the birth chart of a person!
Astrology can explained almost all of your traits, with enough knowledge. But it's a lot of it's a lot of interpretation of complex information like angles, signs traits, planet traits.....

Personnaly, I'm Aries, Ascendant Virgo and my moon is in Sagittarius !
And the funny fact is that I have a lot of fire in my birth chart and the half of the sky was empty xD
I still don't know how to interpret all of that and if I can believe in astrology but I definitely find it interesting :D

Bit of a random question: does the western zodiac include anything that might be considered a 13th sign?

12 seems to show up a lot in this kind of tradition since it's the ratio between one solar cycle (year) and one lunar cycle (month). But that's not exact. The ratio includes a decimal component. As such, you occasionally run into the idea of 13 being rejected or otherwise mysterious (If I remember correctly, the Chinese zodiac mythos runs with the "rejected 13th" idea while the Mayan calendar went with the "mysterious 13th" approach with its prediction that something notable would happen after the completion of its 13th cycle). Is there something similar for the European tradition?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)