They call me Dr. Love...

I think the biggest problem is her parents. She did at one point say that muslims being with christians and jews was fine (And I happen to be christian but didn't mention it because I don't practise the religion in any shape or form.) She also told me after I confessed to being a bad christian that she wasn't the greatest muslim.
I have been dumped 4 times by my girlfriend (at least) because I wasn't christian. That was when we were just getting started; it's tough going at first, you have to learn alot of boundaries and you gotta sort some stuff out, but in the end if you are compatible then it is what it is, right? In the end, dumping someone cause they aren't religious is silly and her friends and family were kind of bigotted, so everything settled itself out.

I had a strong feeling that her parents were a big part of it, as is the community around it. I can tell you from experience that if this girl is worth it, definately go for it. You cannot know unless you try; If you're anything like me, you'd rather be the person that tried and failed than the person that never tried at all.

No, its like that with all my friends I am just a loner by nature. Last semester I was best friends with a guy in my guitar class we hung out alot but since we haven't had any classes together we hardly see or talk to each other anymore. I know that this is likely going to happen to me and the girl from pakistan. I still do intend on being friends with her just I want to try going on a least one date with her. She has never been on a date before (to be honest I haven't either for other reasons) she tosses aside the possibilty of ever dating anyone. Like I said, I would promise her she doesn't have to worry about intamacy. What I meant by am I being an ass is am I being an ass for wanting to be with her despite it being against her beleifs. There's just been to many times where I haven't tried my best in things that I don't want to regret if there was a chance it could work out.

What I meant by am I being an ass is am I being an ass for wanting to be with her despite it being against her beleifs.
If she feels that her beliefs are stronger than her desire to be with you, then you wanting to be with her is kind of pressuring her to change her mind, and pressuring anyone into changing their mind, especially in a situation regarding love, does count as being an ass.

I haven't pressured her into being with me. We've since been friends but for whatever reason her rejection hasn't set in yet. Usually I feel like crap and hate the girl that did it but the only thing that seems to have changed is theres a slight awkwardness that wasn't there before. My plan (which I haven't acted on yet) is to leave an open invitation if she ever decides she wants to try dating.

girls like a bit more substance than "if you feel like dating give me a shout". You need to commit to your intentions or she sure as shit won't.

The problem is she doesn't date period, even if I was muslim. Its more of an invitation into the world of dating rather than an invatation to date me.

The problem is she doesn't date period, even if I was muslim. Its more of an invitation into the world of dating rather than an invatation to date me.
I would hereby like to formally invite you to the world of dating. Know that I like you but I am merely suggesting that you try dating and it doesn't have to be me.

Something like that? Come on man, it's obvious you want to date her. When the right guy comes along, she'll date. They always do....

Ask her out. If she says no, then just be her friend. Simple as that, no harm no foul in that instance.

In my first post I mentioned that I already did. Anyways thanks for trying to help. I guess moving on is the best bet...

Tell her that you're tired and communicate to her that you need some space but that you still love her and what to be with her. If she flips out and goes crazy, ditch the bitch.

hey dudes, don't knock the movie date!

first dates are pretty stressful, an excuse not to talk for a while is usually a relief, even if it's going really well. and it's not like you can't get to know each other there. there's more to knowing a person than hearing their life story - seeing how they react to a film can show you their sense of humour, whether they are sentimental or not, a lot of emotional reactions. and it will display your date as they really are, instead of how they are trying to represent themselves on a first date.

as long as you pair it with a dinner or some other conversation activity, you're fine.

it's also pretty clearly a "date" date, as opposed to something like a trip to the art gallery, which is easy to interpret (or pretend to interpret) as something less.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hey dudes, don't knock the movie date!

first dates are pretty stressful, an excuse not to talk for a while is usually a relief, even if it's going really well. and it's not like you can't get to know each other there. there's more to knowing a person than hearing their life story - seeing how they react to a film can show you their sense of humour, whether they are sentimental or not, a lot of emotional reactions. and it will display your date as they really are, instead of how they are trying to represent themselves on a first date.

as long as you pair it with a dinner or some other conversation activity, you're fine.

it's also pretty clearly a "date" date, as opposed to something like a trip to the art gallery, which is easy to interpret (or pretend to interpret) as something less.
this thread isn't really my kind of thing and i'll admit i kinda saw moot's name and decided to peek, but this is a really, really good post

i've been in the "movie dates mean no talking mean bad dates" boat for a long time, but the reasons provided here i find to be both legitimate and swaying

the last segment is especially poignant, i think, though i can't speak from first hand experience because none of my romantic ventures have arisen from "dates" as a matter of circumstance

ironic given your name though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)