This...works?Go Mawile!

Hey.First I want to say that Im new to the forum,I have been using the Competitive Dex since like 2008 and the Smog and everything people do to get better,but never felt like registering...well,now I do and here's my first,and a quite unusual for a first one,RMT.

This team's history is actually sort of silly:I wanted to use one of my favorite Pokes,Mawile,because I just love it.But looking at its stats,it has no hopes.At all.That's true,untile you realize a new move it got in 5th gen,that makes Mawile some sort of annoying/trolling lead:Metal Burst.

With a retarded base 50 speed,Mawile will always go last with a Brave Nature 0 Spd IV's.That's great.You don't know how many important leads have lost against this Mawile's Mouth-Hair.
But what if they realize I will use Metal Burst in turn 1?Oh,that's when the other moves,and mind games,come!Enjoy this RMT!

Team Building Process

I wanted Mawile.Plain and Simple.

Next, I wanted something very easy to use along with Mawile.Excadrill came to my mind,but in order for that to work,I needed sand.I know how mighty Tyranitar is but for now I decided to go with Hippowdon's Bulkyness and Stealth Rock-ness.(I know ttar can set up rocks too but I just feel safer setting them up with hippo.)

Then here comes hands down the most retarded part of this team building!
"After Mawile dies I want the match to be over."
Yeah.That's what I thought.So how do I do that?Easy.
SCARF DRAGONS!

I just ignored that Haxorus isn't "That mighty",and it's so hated not 100 base speed,and instead cared about the 438 attack Adamant scarf gives.Yeah its not even jolly.Garchomp is Adamant too.As you can see now,this team pretty much redefines "Idgaf".Let's use Mawile and 3 crazy fast and powerful physical sweepers!This is so unusual with me because I actually like stall.Oh well.

Since all I had was physical,Latios joins the party to spam scarfed Draco Meteors!Hurr Hurr!And Trick messes up nattorei and stuff.It even had hp fire because I hate Natto.But now its Uber :(.So...

I use this beast instead.Sadly it can't Trick u.u it was pretty handy.
Same as Haxorus and Garchomp,scarf and strong dragon move spam to finish matches quickly.
Now the funny thing of this team is that it somehow works decent for a random team,therefore,I want to improve it.And thats what RMT's are for right?Your help will be very appreciated.Oh yeah,I almost forgot.
Indeep info:

Mawile@ Focus Sash~Hey.
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
0 Spd Def and SpDef IVs
- Metal Burst
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Sucker Punch

Mindgames son,mindgames.Metal Burst kills everything that launches an attack the first turn,thanks to Mawile's frailness and enough HP to kill everything besides Chansey and Blissey.The most lovely stuff it does is killing Politoed and Ninetales that just attack without thinking carefully.
But wait,what if they used rocks the first turn and saw ur Metal Burst!Oh no!Now they won't attack!...That's no problem.In the turn they don't attack,use Swords Dance.That will make them nervous,and in turn 3 they will attack you.Im serious.Most people do that.It's better if you do Metal Burst in turns 1&2 tho,so they think you really can't do anything else.It's a fun fest of mindgames.
Turn 1
The foe's Lucario used Nasty Plot!
Mawile used Metal Burst
Turn 2
Mawile used Metal Burst
Turn 3
Mawile used Swords Dance
Turn 4
The foe's Lucario used Aura Sphere!
Mawile used METAL BURST!Derp!
Baton pass is actually useful against Ferrothorn.Even with my speed I'm faster,and I can pass the attack to Garchomp,and OHKO Ferro with Fire Fang.After that I have to switch out since Fire Fang is absolutely useless but hey,I took down Ferro at turn 3.It also helps with early Outrage spamming.Sucker Punch is to hit sashs,and just deal damage before being KO'd.Go Mawile.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SpDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Followed by Mawile I always send Hippowdon.Excadrill needs the Sandstorm,and Garchomp makes haxy use of it.Most times I just set up rocks and roar till it dies.Yeah Im that careless.

Excadrill @ Air Ballon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Overpowered sweeper that doesn't really need skill.You know how it works,no need to explain it.Switch in a ground move,or something weak/etc.,Swords Dance,beat your opponent.

HAXorus @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/4 SpDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, - SpAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- X-Scissor

Mad Scarfed Dragon number 1.Outrage always,Earthquake for steels(Even without stab it still deals a lot),Brick Break for ttar and X-Scissor for Celebi/Exeggutor.Destroys a lot,thats all I can say.

Garchomp@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Mad Scarfed Dragon number 2.Works very similar to Haxorus:Relax,turn off that tired brain from all of those matches that involved complicated mindgames and over 100 turns of predictions.Just chill and attack.No worries.

Hydreigon@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpAtk/252 Spd/ 4 Def
Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Surf

Mad Scarfed Dragon number 3.It's not Latios so no Trick,but its stronger than Latias so I choose her cause that.Plus Its moves give her nice coverage.

Threats

For Mawile,a Taunter that uses it in turn 1 and uses Stealth Rock in turn 2.That's GG for Mawile.
For the rest of the team,rain if Hippo dies and poli appears afterwards.
Physical walls like Skarmory will give my team a lot of trouble.
I really haven't thought about threats because you know,it's a random team.So if you can help I will appreciate it :).C ya in the forums people!
(And sorry if my RMT is short x.x)

Yeah, the Mawile discussion is good, but the others are a little shallow. For a team intended to use 3 Dragons and 2 Ground Types it's really quite good, but there are things that will punch holes in your team, and leads that will set up in Mawile's face *cough*. Also, Hydreigon is your only reliable way of dealing with Skarmory, and your team all have a weakness to Ice except Mawile and Excadrill who won't stay in well anyway with weak defenses. 3 Scarfed Dragons seems very risky, meaning you will be required to switch or bite the dust A LOT even if there's something to be siad for raw power. ^_^ Welcome though.

Thanks,and I will post more serious RMTs later don't worry :3.It's just that this team surprisingly got me to 1200 and I thought it was decent enough to improve it and make it a nice team with communitys help.

...It got you to 1200? O.O
Okay, so if you want to improve your team, you need more versatility.. both in pokemon types and in sets. 3 Choice pokemon is way too much, especially when you can't give free turns to your opponent in this metagame.

Garchomp and Hydreigon are the best scarfers out of the 3 dragons, so let's un-scarf Haxorus.
This beast has access to DD, and using it once won't hurt really, giving you +1 not only in speed like scarf, but also in that mighty attack! You should then run Lum Berry+Outrage, or Yache/Haban Berry and more reliable attacks, like Dual Chop or Dragon Claw. Dragon Claw has 100% accuracy, but Dual Chop murders Multiscale Dragonite, Haban Berry users, Substitutes, and so much more. Earthquake + Mold Breaker is an excellent combo, and the last move slot is up to you. You could try a second dragon attack like Outrage (when you know you're going to be KO'd and want to leave doing the highest amount of damage possible), or Dragon Tail, to destroy Batton Pass chains, or any bulky pokemon you can't handle at the moment, or anything else really.
Next you should get rid of either of the other 2. I'd suggest taking out Hydreigon since Garchomp has Sand Veil. You could leave it as a Scarfer, it's up to you, but you should definitely give it Jolly to make sure no Ice Beamers will outrun you.
you could use something that has Magic Guard or Overcoat: Reuniclus and Sigilyph come to mind. Reuniclus is a reliable and really powerfull set up sweeper, and Sigilyph is a last-man auto win, I swear. I used it on 3 different teams and he worked amazingly on all of them, reversing a 5-0 and winning, it's that awesome.
Also when I tried Exca, I didn't like it much becasue it has so little attacking options. You could replace it for something that resists Ice and counters it, like Camerupt (maybe a stupid idea, just mentioning a Fire pokemon that isn't affected by sand), or Infernape, which is so frail you won't mind about Sandstorm, really. He wouldn't survive enough turns to rack up sand damage after all.
Well, that's it for me, not much more stuff I could say. Yours is a cool idea actually, I'd never thought something like Mawile could have its niche in OU, and since you never see it, you have that psychological factor of surprise.

Hmm I like the concept. How frequently are you able to baton pass to others? If not, a great lead similar to this would be Gen 5 Aggron, which my bro uses against me. With sturdy, he has a built-in focus sash, freeing you to use a different item, and also access to stealth rock. Good luck!

...It got you to 1200? O.O
Yeah,but it was probably a day with all the pros gone:heart:

Okay, so if you want to improve your team, you need more versatility.. both in pokemon types and in sets. 3 Choice pokemon is way too much, especially when you can't give free turns to your opponent in this metagame.
True...I'm still having problems adapting to this metagame.All right.

Garchomp and Hydreigon are the best scarfers out of the 3 dragons, so let's un-scarf Haxorus.
This beast has access to DD, and using it once won't hurt really, giving you +1 not only in speed like scarf, but also in that mighty attack! You should then run Lum Berry+Outrage, or Yache/Haban Berry and more reliable attacks, like Dual Chop or Dragon Claw. Dragon Claw has 100% accuracy, but Dual Chop murders Multiscale Dragonite, Haban Berry users, Substitutes, and so much more. Earthquake + Mold Breaker is an excellent combo, and the last move slot is up to you. You could try a second dragon attack like Outrage (when you know you're going to be KO'd and want to leave doing the highest amount of damage possible), or Dragon Tail, to destroy Batton Pass chains, or any bulky pokemon you can't handle at the moment, or anything else really.
Good bunch of suggestions,Imma stay with DD Haxorus but if theres something else I will consider it.Maybe DD Gyara?Or Quiver Dance Rona?
Imma try those 3 right now.

Next you should get rid of either of the other 2. I'd suggest taking out Hydreigon since Garchomp has Sand Veil. You could leave it as a Scarfer, it's up to you, but you should definitely give it Jolly to make sure no Ice Beamers will outrun you.
you could use something that has Magic Guard or Overcoat: Reuniclus and Sigilyph come to mind. Reuniclus is a reliable and really powerfull set up sweeper, and Sigilyph is a last-man auto win, I swear. I used it on 3 different teams and he worked amazingly on all of them, reversing a 5-0 and winning, it's that awesome.
Yeah...I have too been saved from a 1-5 situation and won thanks to Sigilyph...it's just Uber.I will replace Sazandora,oops,Hydreigon,for sigi and see if it fits.

Also when I tried Exca, I didn't like it much becasue it has so little attacking options. You could replace it for something that resists Ice and counters it, like Camerupt (maybe a stupid idea, just mentioning a Fire pokemon that isn't affected by sand), or Infernape, which is so frail you won't mind about Sandstorm, really. He wouldn't survive enough turns to rack up sand damage after all.
Sorry,Exca stays.He alone is the reason I won a lot of those matches.He can take non stabed Ice beams very very easily(And let's be honest who uses Ice stab,I mean Ice pokes these days?).But thanks!

Well, that's it for me, not much more stuff I could say. Yours is a cool idea actually, I'd never thought something like Mawile could have its niche in OU, and since you never see it, you have that psychological factor of surprise.
Thanks,and yeah,everyone freaks out.
Hmm I like the concept. How frequently are you able to baton pass to others?
Few times,but against Ferrothorn I almost always do it.While it sets up I also set up.Other than that,I can Baton pass when they really don't want to attack fearing the Metal Burst KO.
If not, a great lead similar to this would be Gen 5 Aggron, which my bro uses against me. With sturdy, he has a built-in focus sash, freeing you to use a different item, and also access to stealth rock. Good luck![
Yeah,it would work better than Mawile.An Air Ballon Sturdy Aggron,if there are no rocks,seems like a great emergency Pokemon to kill anything that managed to set up a lot,with Metal Burst.I need to try that one yet tho.
/QUOTE]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)