Three is the magic number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

Right here are some quality original trio birds!

As you can see, they're named Ichi, Ni, San in Pokedex order (Japanese for 1, 2, 3). Give them better names, and you could win all three!

RULES:

• Post in this thread with your names for the three Pokemon
  • There will be 10 users who win, one with the best nickname, and 9 runner-ups.
  • I like pop culture references, but nothing too obscure
  • Make them creative! Naming 'em Ice, Electric, Fire is pretty lame.
  • Please EXPLAIN YOUR LOGIC behind the nicknames. If it's obvious, don't bother, but if you name them after minor characters from a Yu-Gi-Oh! Manga, please let me know!
  • No offensive names please.
  • The winner will have these Pokemon nicknamed by his choice, and he gets SEMI-REDIS copies. The 9 runner ups will get non-redis copies.
  • I need distributors! The distributors must be able to trade on Gen IV and Gen V.
  • The winners will be chosen at 8PM on 7/13/11
  • Good luck and have fun!

My nicknames would be yup, yi, sam, but seeing as the 1 2 and 3 are taken i'd go with Cuomo, Clinton, and Bloomberg, three notorious New York politicians responsible for the gay marriage bill being passed

I'd name them Truman, Chruchill, and Stalin, after the leaders of the "Big Three" in World War II. Truman could also be Roosevelt.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
articuno:
Kuzan/Aokiji-
Kuzan has the powers of the Hie Hie no Mi, a Logia Devil Fruit that allows him to control, create, and become ice.
Moltres:
Sakazuki/Akainu
Akainu possesses the Magu Magu no Mi, a Logia-class Devil Fruit which grants him the ability to transform his body into magma and manipulate it at will.
Zapdos:
Borsalino/Kizaru-
Kizaru possesses the power of the Pika Pika no Mi, meaning 'glimmer' or 'light', a Logia-type Devil Fruit. As a Logia-user, he is able to let objects pass through him and reconstruct his body from energy particles.

Zapdos: kaminari (thunder in japanese)
Articuno: boreas(greek god of winter)
Moltres: corona(hottest part of a star)
If only one, I'd like zapdos

Zapdos: Salar (The Aztec God of Thunder)

Articuno: Blizzeta (Zelda TP Ice Boss reference)

Moltres: Phoenix (It's just so perfect; a fire bird)

...or I could distribute, if you don't like my nicknames.

Articuno - Tajiri, the founder

Zapdos - Sugimori, the art director

Moltres - Masuda, the game director

there are the gamefreak key people according to their job position. since the three birds are uno, dos and tres.

Moltres: Fawkes (Dumbledores bird + it sounds pretty cool)
Arcticuno: Cryolight
Zapdos: Electra (Sounds nice and straightforward)

I'd nickname then Alpha, Beta, and Gamma in honor of alpha, beta, and gamma radiation.
In their pokédex number too because of this excerpt from wikipedia:
Alpha radiation consists of helium nuclei and is readily stopped by a sheet of paper. Beta radiation, consisting of electrons or positrons, is halted by an aluminum plate. Gamma radiation is dampened by lead.
So, articuno would be nicknamed alpha because anything can stop articuno. Zapdos then would be nicknamed gamma because gamma radiation is much more stronger than the other two… and zapdos made it to OU back in DPtHGSS. Moltres keeps beta because its there, in the middle between the other two competitively.

Or just Zelda, Link, Ganon (articuno, zapdos, moltres) respectively -_-

Harry, Ron and Hermione :P

Harry is Zapdos because of his lightning bolt scar
Hermione is Articuno, becuase blue signifies intelligence and shes super smart
Ron is Moltres, whyy? one word - Ranga.

Articuno: Argentina or Argentine (the country's flag is light blue and white)

Zapdos: Woodstock
Now who is woodstock?, this guy

Enough said :U

Moltres: Heatler

Heat, sounds like Hit, and also
Heatler = Hitler, because of this

A Nazi bird :U

Or just call it Strawberry if you don't like it :<

I would name Zapdos The shocka you noe like 2 in the .... nvm i think you can figure that one out. The Articuno Ice cube cuz he awesome and a pretty good rapper. Finally i'd name the moltres would be Vongola the family carrying dying will flames in Reborn!.
Those are the names i woud choose thnx for reading n thnx for the give away

Articuno - Aquilo
Zapdos - Zeus
Moltres - Phoenix

Maybe Aquilo needs to be explained = Roman Mythology name for Boreas.

Articuno - Yukianesa (Means Snow Woman, it's the Nox Nyctore (Nox Nyctores are weapons) of Jin Kisaragi in Blazblue).
Zapdos - Murakumo (Nu-13 Nox Nyctore, it's real name being Lux Sanctum: Murakumo. Murakumo can be translated as "Gathering Clouds", and Zapdos Red Pokédex entry says: "A legendary bird Pokémon that is said to appear from clouds while dropping enormous lightning bolts.").
Moltres - Rettenjö (Name of Bang Shishigami's Nox Nyctore, her true name is Phoenix: Rettenjö)

Zapdos-Gaga
Moltres-Ke$ha
Articuno-Bieber

Zapdos is clearly the best hence she gets the title of Gaga, Moltres is clearly a second best hence Ke$ha, and Articuno is a failure of what some people consider a legendary, hence Bieber.

:)

Zapdos - Thor (Norse god of thunder)
Articuno - Alcyone (Ice sorceress in Magic Knight Rayearth)
Moltres - A'lar (Kael'thas Sunstrider's pet Phoenix from World of Warcraft)

I like to nickname Pokemon. You can be creative, and it can have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Well, I'll give it a shot. I do, however, suck at life and things and stuff, so this is going to be bad.

Moltres: haVok

The band name AFI stands for A Fire Inside, which is a reference to a Bob Seger song. The lead singer of AFI goes by the stage name of Davey Havok. All the letters are lowercase except the V so that the V stands out; the V is a reference to the movie "V for Vendetta", which was a movie about a man trying to imitate Guy Fawkes, a man who attempted arson on the Parliament building in London hundreds of years ago.

So, that's one long-winded train of thought. The next one is going to be a bumpy ride, so hang on to your hat if you plan on reading it.

Zapdos: Divine

There was an episode of The Simpsons many years ago where John Waters was a guest star. In this episode, Homer fears for Bart's heterosexuality, and John Waters voices a gay man who runs a pawn shop/antique store. Within the context of this episode, John gives Bart a toy Zap gun from a TV show that aired back in the fifties. One of the things that causes Homer to fear for Bart is when Bart walks around with the gun saying "Zzzzap!" in what Homer interprets as an effeminate manner. So the Zzzzap is what made me connect John Waters to Zapdos. The name Divine is simply the stage name of an Actor/tress that starred in many of John Waters' earlier films. I like Divine, I think he's hilarious.

Articuno: Santan

This one is a much simpler train of thought. Articuno's name makes me think of Antartica, where the South Pole is located. Since Santa supposedly lives at the North Pole, I would imagine that an Anti-Santa lives at the South Pole. I would have gone with Grinch as the nickname, but the Grinch pussies out at the end of the movie/book/play and becomes a good guy. Instead, I squeezed out what little creativity I have and created a crappy portmanteau of Santa and Satan.

Did I do it right?

Since the whole pop star thing gives me confidence, I'll probably go through with the 3 stupidest names ever, based on the runaway guys.
Moltres: Jon. Both articuno and moltres are barely used, so I didn't bother to look up which one's better. but since jon's most known for his kaizo videos, this all amounts to a bad pun about him being hot-headed. plus shiny moltres looks like cherry kool-aid, so that too. (bonus points if you get that PJ reference)

Zapados: Emilie. Zapados is the most used of the three birds (a little less since thundrus is just about everywhere), and chuggaconroy is the one who runs the channel, and as thus is the most important.

Articuno: Tim. I origionally had tim as moltres, but I settled on articuno because tim's the oldest of the 3 Lp'ers, and articuno is the most defensive of the 3 birds. Plus articuno's seen as pure, and tim's well, the least jerkish of the 3. (although his own videos are another story. XD)

Yeah, I got nothing. if this wins I'll be amazed. XD

by the way, quick edit, why are the moltres and zapados male? you might wanna fix that.

I would go for:
Moltres- Spitfire (the name of British ww2 aircraft which owned the skies in the war)
Zapdos- Blitzkrieg (German word meaning 'lightning war')
Articuno - Glaciator (I derived this from the from the fighter plane called the gloster gladiator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)