BSS Thundurus

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Thundurus (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Thundurus makes a nice soft check to arguably the most dangerous restricted Pokemon in Zacian-C by virtue of its resistance to its Steel-type STAB. One of Thundurus's notable assets is the Prankster ability, which lets it provide good utility against both offensive and defensive threats: Thunder Wave is an amazing tool to shut down scary attackers like Zacian-C, Kyogre, Calyrex-S, and Urshifu-R, while Taunt deals with more defensive Pokemon like Zapdos and Blissey, preventing them from recovering their health. The full Defense investment ensures that Thundurus can check various physical attackers, such as the aforementioned Zacian-C and Rillaboom, to the best of its ability, while Rocky Helmet complements this by providing chip damage and breaking Focus Sash of some common holders like Urshifu. 4 Speed EVs allow Thundurus to outpace a paralyzed Choice Scarf Kyogre. Thundurus fits mostly on faster-paced teams, meaning that offensive partners like Kyogre, Urshifu, and Dracovish work great alongside it. All these three, as well as other slower threats like Rillaboom and Heatran, appreciate the paralysis brought by Prankster Thunder Wave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Might be worth noting that the 4 Speed despite Relaxed nature actually allows Thunudurs to outspeed paralyzed Scarf Kyogre, but that might be unwieldy to fit into this. Slow Volt Switch is probably safe to assume otherwise, but yeah unless someone else has any comments to add this looks good to me.

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
If you have character space, worth noting that the RH is great for breaking Focus Sash on the most common holders like Urshifu-S and Urshifu-R. Also, specify in the line about Thunder Wave that it's only good for Urshifu-R as you can't Prankster the other one. Finally, this is Thundurus-I not T. Not sure what the GP people will have to say, but I think leaving it as Thundurus is probably okay instead of Thundurus-I.

Egor

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
If you have character space, worth noting that the RH is great for breaking Focus Sash on the most common holders like Urshifu-S and Urshifu-R. Also, specify in the line about Thunder Wave that it's only good for Urshifu-R as you can't Prankster the other one. Finally, this is Thundurus-I not T. Not sure what the GP people will have to say, but I think leaving it as Thundurus is probably okay instead of Thundurus-I.
993 chars after implementing this kkkk. also yea smth slipped my mind, its just Thundurus by gp standards i think. ok pushing this to gp

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
Thundurus (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Thundurus, by virtue of its typing, makes a nice soft check to arguably the most dangerous restricted Pokemon in Zacian-C, resisting by virtue of its resistance to its Steel-type STAB. One of Thundurus's notable assets is the Prankster ability, which lets it provide good utility against both offensive and defensive threats: Thunder Wave is an amazing tool to shut down scary attackers like Zacian-C, Kyogre, Calyrex-S, and Urshifu-R, while Taunt deals with more defensive Pokemon like Zapdos and Blissey, preventing them from recovering their health. The fully invested Defense investment ensures that Thundurus can check various physical attackers, such as the aforementioned Zacian-C and Rillaboom, to the best of its abilities ability, while Rocky Helmet complements this by providing chip damage; this item also breaks and breaking Focus Sash of some common holders like Urshifu. 4 Speed EVs allow Thundurus to outpace a paralyzed Choice Scarf Kyogre. Thundurus fits mostly on faster-paced teams, meaning that offensive partners like Kyogre, Urshifu (-S or -R?), and Dracovish work greatly great alongside it. All these three, as well as other slower threats like Rillaboom and Heatran, appreciate the paralysis brought by Prankster Thunder Wave.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Implemented the check so this can go out; Egor if you can clarify about Urshifu that’d be great.

Egor

RoAPL Champion
Implemented the check so this can go out; Egor if you can clarify about Urshifu that’d be great.
p sure thats both. should they be separated like "urshifu-s and urshifu-r"?

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
p sure thats both. should they be separated like "urshifu-s and urshifu-r"?
You can use "Urshifu formes" or write both out like above. Also be sure to mention which Urshifu forme (or both) for the rocky helmet sentence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)