Ticken Things

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
It's been a while since an update hasn't it :sweat_smile:

SS Monotype Spotlight: Dragapult Article

dragapult-spotlight-500.png

This is one of my favorites I have done in a while and motivated me to get the others below it done as well. Typically with article art I like to use inspiration from the content and I was intrigued with the Hex set. At first I was not too keen on doing Dragapult again since I did one for the Monothreat Prequel article, and I tend not to like drawing the same thing multiple times, but they have distinctly different poses so it wasn't a big deal. Nothing too major to note about the process and the scene is self-explanatory but it is using Will-O-Wisp and the ovals and rectangles are meant to symbolize magic near its hands. The discs below it is just to show it is levitating and it felt empty so I thought I might as well add it. I'm a fan of the light gray/brown stroke around the shapes and I think that came out nicely to accentuate it. Ty to Maple for giving me the chance to create it. ^^

Crown Tundra Review Article

crown-tundra-review-650w.png

Made this for Nol's article. I don't typically mess with in-game articles, because I tend to focus more on Mono-themed ones, but I had a playful idea come to mind and no one had made art for it so I thought why not. The article discussed returning Pokemon, new items, and additional features added with the release of Crown Tundra. The area that Dynite Ore comes from looks like a mine so I figured with Nidoking not only representing a returning Pokemon and a Ground-type (relating to the mine) it was also a great chance to slap an Ability Patch on him. The Galarian Star Tournament, another topic in the article, uses the same building as the Champion Cup so I just put a sign there and didn't get too detailed with the building. I just tried to make it recognizable since there are a lot of details I did not have time for. I am not too happy with the arm in the front holding the bag but overall I like the idea behind it and I think it came out well overall.

Monotype Premier League VII
mpl-vii-350.png
mpl-vii.png

Not much to say here but I made another MMPL banner featuring a pixie legend. I used the Manaphy movie as inspiration but no one got the reference :sob: I thought it would be cool to use Manaphy's ends on its ears to dot the i's for VII. The sea crown is in the back, red glow to resemble the effect of Heart Swap, and Manaphy behind the letters and waving since it's there but you're generally not supposed to see it based on what I understood from the movie.

Happy Huntails logo for PUPL
happy-huntails.png

Lastly I made this guy for Ktütverde and TJ. At first I was not too sure what to do with him since "happy" is vague but Ktut gave me input to work with and really helped me get the sense of happy with the eyes. I realized after that the orange top fin thing is much larger on this than it should be but it looks fine to me so Idt it's a big issue. Another thing I should have changed was the orange stroke around the white ovals since it should be thicker but again it still looks fine I feel. It came out better than I anticipated considering the tight time constraints.

That's all from me, thanks for viewing and reading! I appreciate the support even if my art is few and far between. Take care and hmu via Discord if you have any input/questions on the art or whatever. I have some more projects lined up soon so hopefully I will find time (and motivation) to get those done as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)