Metagame Tier Shift

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
It gives some tanks at least some HP for work, but just enough so it doesn't give tanks too much bulk.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It gives some tanks at least some HP for work, but just enough so it doesn't give tanks too much bulk.
Ofc giving more HP = equals more bulk. What I want to know is why is the so crucial.
Does the current stat distribution invalidate defensive playstyles and Pokemon on a whole?
Does it overcentralise the metagame around offense?
Does it force you to always use one or two defensive Pokémon that would be defensive teams onpy hope at stopping offense's onslaught?

Because this is what was the case back when HP wss buffed.
Offense had a piss poor matchup against Stall and struggled to easily break balance builds.
The meta was definitely overcentralised around trying to beat stall, forcing offense to rely near exclusively on only the hardest hitters in the tier, and also made offensive Pokémon in RU and UU near unviable, generally limiting what is viable to run.

If you can give actual reasoning as to why defensive Pokemon and playstyles are completely invalidated in the current meta, thus requiring more HP to operate, then fine, something will be done. But if you are just upset your favourite tank relied on its HP to be effective and is now bad, the nerf did exactly what I set out to do and you should look into find better alternatives.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Ofc giving more HP = equals more bulk. What I want to know is why is the so crucial.
Does the current stat distribution invalidate defensive playstyles and Pokemon on a whole?
Does it overcentralise the metagame around offense?
Does it force you to always use one or two defensive Pokémon that would be defensive teams onpy hope at stopping offense's onslaught?

Because this is what was the case back when HP wss buffed.
Offense had a piss poor matchup against Stall and struggled to easily break balance builds.
The meta was definitely overcentralised around trying to beat stall, forcing offense to rely near exclusively on only the hardest hitters in the tier, and also made offensive Pokémon in RU and UU near unviable, generally limiting what is viable to run.

If you can give actual reasoning as to why defensive Pokemon and playstyles are completely invalidated in the current meta, thus requiring more HP to operate, then fine, something will be done. But if you are just upset your favourite tank relied on its HP to be effective and is now bad, the nerf did exactly what I set out to do and you should look into find better alternatives.
Actually, I can't find anything good to say. You're right about removing the HP buff since it made it way too defensive.

Is Tier Shift abandonned ? I found a powerful set (To be honest it is more fun than powerful) in a tournament.

Zweilous @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Crunch

With a Sticky Team this Pokemon can just hit without thinking.

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Zweilous Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 480-565 (68.2 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This Pokemon hit like a Primo Groudon and can easily become a powerful Wallbreaker.

However he don't have a good bulk and he is slow.

can anyone tell me which pokemon in tier shift have the most BST and how much?
and an random tier shift team origionally used for PU
Rampardos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Guzzlord @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Protect
- Poison Jab

Drampa @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Glare

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Lycanroc @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Silvally-Dark @ Dark Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- Zen Headbutt

EDIT: /ts guzzlord shows it's NU for some reason

Hey all, I was messing around and noticed that the /ts command doesn't seem to work on poiple. It returns a "Pokemon not found" error instead

Tier Shift is honestly my favorite OM. It gives an absurd amount of variety in what you can run and makes certain Pokemon you'd never even spare a second glance completely usable. The depths this game can go to in terms of what all is runnable is insane. Even sets that are already used get boosted to the point of being far better.

Whiscash doesn't even make PU normally, but now he becomes a pretty great Pokemon with 110/113/111 bulk, which combined with its typing, makes it quite tanky. Respectable 118 ATK and 100 Speed don't go to waste either thanks to Dragon Dance being something it gets... I don't understand why either, but it's great. Waterfall and Earthquake make some good coverage, and you even have an excuse to run Bounce for those pesky Grass types (or just stick with Rock Slide if you don't care enough about them to warrant a two turn move).

Articuno may still have its crappy Ice/Flying type, but 90/140/165 defenses are insane, and 135 SpA and 125 Speed are great as well. The defense is negated a bit by its poor typing still, but it can be viable now, and hit pretty decently while it's at it. Even if it'll probably stick with Substitute to be safe.

Silvally also becomes quite bulky, and can run its roles even better. While it still lacks the same power in moveset as the Pokemon it's based on, besides the 95 HP stat, all of its stats surpass Arceus by reaching 135. It can either be a defensive nightmare with things like Parting Shot and Thunder Wave, or pack Flame Charge and Swords Dance to be a bulky setup sweeper. Only disadvantage is that if you choose to be Steel Silvally, you lose power since you're booted to NU, but on the bright side, this gives you a reason to use Normal Silvally and have an actual item. Or choose another type for good Multi Attack coverage.

Hell, even with Eviolite banned, some of the NFE Pokemon are quite viable. Combusken gets boosted to a respectable level to fulfill the role of its evolution, albeit with a worse movepool. Kadabra actually becomes quite a beast with 160 SpA and 145 Speed, and Life Orb + Magic Guard boost its output even further.

And that's without even needing to get into the obvious and/or meta choices, like Light Ball Pikachu (not bad), Klinklang, Comfey, and so on. The fact that there's so much variety and so many Pokemon at least have a shot is probably my favorite aspect of this OM.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Special report s/o the Agency

Agent 00Broken

95/125/125/105/105/75

Honestly I hate this stupid piece of shit Pokemon. It invalidates so many physical Pokemon and set-up Pokemon in general. It can fit on virtually any team because it's just that good. Curse sets are nice given Quagsire's solid 125 attack in this OM. There are a handful of Grass-types and Pokemon that can use Grass-type coverage, though, so I don't think it's really a bannable Pokemon. It is just as annoying as annoying can get.

Agent 00Smashed

Meteor: 60/90/130/90/130/90
After Shields Down: 60/130/90/130/90/150

This is a pretty cool set up mon that is hardwalled by Quagsire because it's a fat piece of can find a lot of opportunities behind screens. Even without Shields Down, Minior has insane offenses at +2. Behind screens it can set up twice on more passive or just weak Pokemon.

Tapu Koko remains a goat Pokemon because it sets up terrain for:

Agent 00Wavy

60/125/90/135/125/150

I've seen Nasty Plot with Aloraichium Z, which is a very capable cleaner under Terrain. It outspeeds basically everything and hits even resists hard with Thunderbolt and its Z-move. I have also experimented with a Specs set. Its Specs Thunderbolt is capable of OHKO'ing many frail Pokemon and can 2HKO the bulkier ones. Eliminating Ground-type Pokemon and mons like Blissey is great for Alolan Raichu.

&

Agent 00HawluchaJr

70/115/95/135/115/150

Sceptile after Unburden hits high speed like Raichu-Alola, but it's permanent so it doesn't really need any investment into speed. Using Swords Dance allows Sceptile to easily sweep with Leaf Blade / Earthquake / Acrobatics. It has surprisingly nice bulk thanks to the HP investment, but you still mainly want to SD under screens. Fortunately Sceptile is not bodied by Agent 00Broken, but that busted Pokemon still manages to live a Leaf Blade btw lmao.

That's enough for today's report. Shoutouts the agency even tho I'm not affiliated

Just ran into a dasdardly Quagsire set, stole it and had to share:

Quagsire @ Grip Claw
Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Infestation
- Stockpile
- Toxic
- Rest

Ooh man, where to begin. If you hate Pyukumuku, this set is even worse...Grip Claw extends Infestation's length to 7 turns and, when combined with Toxic, will do heavy chip damage over time, with perfect type coverage to avoid immunities. Rest lets it ignore enemy Toxic and Stockpile helps Quagsire live more hits, possibly letting it kill another mon.

This set is so beautiful because people expect Unaware Quag to be a utility toxic/burn setter, so they'll bring in their utility mons or choice users to deal with it, only to catch an infestation/toxic on the switch. Once 1 Stockpile is set Quag can avoid most 3HKOs and can start firing off an infestation, toxic, or another stockpile once it wakes up from rest. It relies on prior chip damage for the most powerful choice users and of course still has problems with Mold Breaker and grass types, but it has singlehandedly won me numerous games.

So it seems I'm on an mission to see what weather teams can work on which OMs. I'm building a sand and a rain almost any ability team. Problem is im pretty bad considering I'm coming back after a long time away from the game, and have barely played OMs before, so I'm here to learn and ask for advice. TierShift is the next gamemode I'm interested in. Came to ask if sun is viable in this mode? I rly like Trevanent and I imagined having him as a spdef wall on a TierShift sun team with his harvest ability alongside Torkoal and Charizard Y, and maybe a Sawsbuck. Any suggestions for team members or advice abt weather in general in the mode?

So it seems I'm on an mission to see what weather teams can work on which OMs. I'm building a sand and a rain almost any ability team. Problem is im pretty bad considering I'm coming back after a long time away from the game, and have barely played OMs before, so I'm here to learn and ask for advice. TierShift is the next gamemode I'm interested in. Came to ask if sun is viable in this mode? I rly like Trevanent and I imagined having him as a spdef wall on a TierShift sun team with his harvest ability alongside Torkoal and Charizard Y, and maybe a Sawsbuck. Any suggestions for team members or advice abt weather in general in the mode?
If I recall correctly, rain is quite powerful, since there are few strong swift swimmers in the lower tiers. Make sure to bring a rain check like Gastrodon (you're going to want a fire resist anyway, because the sun will boost your opponent's fire attacks).

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
This is an old, but bad, sun team I tried in the past: https://pokepast.es/453f469329eb73c2

There are several sun abusers out there from the lower tiers so I would definitely recommend just trying out the different ones. The Scarf Charizard is a bit of a meme, but it can hit hard I guess. 139 spa under sun + solar power will ohko a lot but it just dies pretty fast due to poor type + solar power + some notable fragility

I wouldnt recommend zardy on a dedicated sun team, though it seems appealing at first due to sun. If you want an extra setter, Ninetales (73/96/95/101/120/120) might be the better pick due to Heat Rock. Zardy just seems to abuse its own sun more than its teammates will get the chance to.

Sawsbuck sounds p cool but I never got around to it, so yeah I'd give it a try to see how you like it.

I wouldn't consider Sun to be a top threat but if you like usin sun teams, they do have some viability thanks to the improved sun abusers.

This is an old, but bad, sun team I tried in the past: https://pokepast.es/453f469329eb73c2

There are several sun abusers out there from the lower tiers so I would definitely recommend just trying out the different ones. The Scarf Charizard is a bit of a meme, but it can hit hard I guess. 139 spa under sun + solar power will ohko a lot but it just dies pretty fast due to poor type + solar power + some notable fragility

I wouldnt recommend zardy on a dedicated sun team, though it seems appealing at first due to sun. If you want an extra setter, Ninetales (73/96/95/101/120/120) might be the better pick due to Heat Rock. Zardy just seems to abuse its own sun more than its teammates will get the chance to.

Sawsbuck sounds p cool but I never got around to it, so yeah I'd give it a try to see how you like it.

I wouldn't consider Sun to be a top threat but if you like usin sun teams, they do have some viability thanks to the improved sun abusers.
The QD/SS Bellossom tech is already really powerful, but Bellossom gains tremendous bulk and power due to its ZU status. I've literally gone toe-to-toe against scyther using z-strength sap and beaten it 1 on 1 thanks to Chlorophyll's speed boost and HP Fire in the sun. Highly recommend giving it a try.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Weather is pretty good. Rain is an excellent playstyle inspite of Damp Rock being banned, and sun has a few good abusers with Ninetales, Charizard and Victreebel being some.

Welcome to the official Tier Shift Viability Rankings.

Bear in mind that stats aren't everything and move pools can influence the rank of
a pokemon with or without tier shift boosts. Each pokemon will be assessed on stats/move pool and there impact
on the current meta

S rank- Pokemon that easily dominate the meta, easy to use and place onto any play style

View attachment 192453 Throh
View attachment 192455 Ursaring

A rank - Pokemon that define the metagame with there overwhelming stats and/or move pool

A+
View attachment 192457 Audino
View attachment 192456 Pyukumuku
View attachment 192459 Quagsire
View attachment 192460 Swoobat

A
View attachment 192458 Audino-mega
View attachment 192486 Chansey
View attachment 192461 Clefairy
View attachment 192462 Drampa
View attachment 192463 Gastrodon
View attachment 192476 Heatran
View attachment 192465Mawile
View attachment 192464 Sableye-Mega
View attachment 192505 Slowking
View attachment 192477 Venusaur-Mega
View attachment 192481 Victreebel

A-

View attachment 192539 Alomomola
View attachment 192541 Amoonguss
View attachment 192577 Lycanroc
View attachment 192589 Lickilicky
View attachment 192543 Mandibuzz
View attachment 192484 Marowak
View attachment 192478 Raichu-Alola
View attachment 192535 Sigilyph
View attachment 192470 Shiftry
View attachment 192587 Tangela
View attachment 192493 Vaporeon
View attachment 192565 Togedemaru
View attachment 192569 Toxapex
View attachment 192489 Tauros

B rank - Pokemon in this rank do an alright job fulfilling criteria.
These Pokemon will have some issues you should be accounting for while building your team.

B+
View attachment 192488 Articuno
View attachment 192497 Butterfree
View attachment 192552 Clawitzer
View attachment 192527 Cresselia
View attachment 192571 Decidueye
View attachment 192538 Jellicent
View attachment 192591 Glalie-Mega
View attachment 192592 Lilligant
View attachment 192485 Marowak-Alola
View attachment 192480 Ninetails
View attachment 192549 Pangoro
View attachment 192522 Registeel
View attachment 192525 Skuntank
View attachment 192531 Simisear
View attachment 192532 Simipour
View attachment 192564Tapu Lele
View attachment 192501 Zapdos

B rank

View attachment 192519 Absol
View attachment 192551 Barbaracle
View attachment 192542 Beheeyem
View attachment 192611 Excadrill
View attachment 192595 Eelektross
View attachment 192475 Gliscor
View attachment 192513 Houndoom
View attachment 192596 Kangaskhan
View attachment 192568 Lurantis
View attachment 192523 Mega Latias
View attachment 192597 Reuniclus
View attachment 192530 Stoutland
View attachment 192533 Sawk
View attachment 192510 Scizor-Mega
View attachment 192482 Slowbro
View attachment 192562 Tapu Bulu
View attachment 192612 Vivillon
View attachment 192503 Xatu

B- rank

View attachment 192516 Aggron-Mega
View attachment 192566 Araquanid
View attachment 192536 Carracosta
View attachment 192580 Dodrio
View attachment 192598 Exeggutor-Alola
View attachment 192526 Froslass
View attachment 192600 Greninja
View attachment 192554 Gourgeist-Super
View attachment 192573 Hoopa
View attachment 192491 Kabutops
View attachment 192610 Kyurem-Black
View attachment 192550 Malamar
View attachment 192494 Mega Charizard X
View attachment 192469 Medicham
View attachment 192468 Medicham-mega
View attachment 192466 Mawile-Mega
View attachment 192492 Omastar
View attachment 192508 Qwilfish
View attachment 192487 Snorlax
View attachment 192563 Tapu Koko
View attachment 192599 Terrakion
View attachment 192518 Torkal
View attachment 192506 Umbreon
View attachment 192499 Weezing

C rank - Pokemon in this rank do a mediocre job at filling criteria.
The sizable amount of negative characteristics associated with these Pokemon are something to weigh against their positives before you fit one on a team.

C+ rank
View attachment 192495 Mega Charizard Y
View attachment 192578 Aurorus
View attachment 192473 Huntail
View attachment 192582 Servine
View attachment 192515 Slaking
View attachment 192553 Heliolisk
View attachment 192572 Incineroar
View attachment 192544 Druddigon
View attachment 192504 Ampharos-Mega
View attachment 192546 Volcarona
View attachment 192528 Victini
View attachment 192560 Tapu Fini
View attachment 192609 Skarmory
View attachment 192557 Magearna
View attachment 192559 Kartana
View attachment 192500 Gyarados-Mega
View attachment 192540 Ferrothorn

C Rank
View attachment 192521 Regirock
View attachment 192517 Sableye
View attachment 192606 Lanturn
View attachment 192607 Togetic
View attachment 192608 Regigigas
View attachment 192555 Trevenant
View attachment 192483 Kingler
View attachment 192605 Hariyama
View attachment 192567 Silvally-Steel
View attachment 192529 Samurott
View attachment 192537 Vanilluxe
View attachment 192507 Forretress
View attachment 192576 Volcanion
View attachment 192514 Suicune
View attachment 192603 Haxorus
View attachment 192604 Landorus-Therian
View attachment 192575 Hoopa-Unbound
View attachment 192581 Garchomp
View attachment 192467 Aggron

C- rank

View attachment 192472 Altaria
View attachment 192524 Ambipom
View attachment 192502 Beedrill-Mega
View attachment 192548 Chesnaught
View attachment 192496 Charizard
View attachment 192602 Florges
View attachment 192547 Keldeo
View attachment 192558 Guzzlord
View attachment 192490 Mew
View attachment 192498 Ninetales-Alola
View attachment 192579 Pidgeot-Mega
View attachment 192474 Rampardos
View attachment 192520 Regice
View attachment 192534 Scrafty
View attachment 192471 Sceptile
hey all, as some may know i have been appointed co-leader for tier shift finally
i have completed the vr for tier shift in a sense
this will be the vr for tier shift, discussion about drops or rises will be here, we could use more experience from other players to form more opinions on why x is c or what not. i will also be posting a huge update on the sample teams since they are quite outdated u will see that very soon. post away!

hey all, as some may know i have been appointed co-leader for tier shift finally
i have completed the vr for tier shift in a sense
this will be the vr for tier shift, discussion about drops or rises will be here, we could use more experience from other players to form more opinions on why x is c or what not. i will also be posting a huge update on the sample teams since they are quite outdated u will see that very soon. post away!
You used "there" when you should have used "their" in the introductory paragraph and the A-rank description.

Also, can Throh and Ursaring fit on stall? If not, either the S rank needs its criteria changed, or these Pokemon need to be dropped.

You used "there" when you should have used "their" in the introductory paragraph and the A-rank description.

Also, can Throh and Ursaring fit on stall? If not, either the S rank needs its criteria changed, or these Pokemon need to be dropped.
fixed and yes they can

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)