Tomodachi Life Thread

Is your life too boring? Do you enjoy the quirky nature of Miis? Do you own a 3DS? Do you enjoy a good laugh? If the answer each of the above questions is yes, then Tomodachi life is the perfect game for you! I bought the game earlier today, expecting the game to be decent at best, but it greatly surpassed my expectations. I can some it up in 1 word: HILARIOUS! Seriously.

Okay, enough about me, this thread is about said game, Tomodachi life. Anything about the game can be said here. If you own the game, you can post about funny moments you've experienced, how your Miis interact, your favourite things about the game so far, and funny character ideas. If you do not yet own this game, reading through this thread might convince you to go to the nearest gamestore and pick it up!

For example, just about the funniest thing I've seen so far are the rap battles that sometimes happen in the evening. They're ridiculously silly, and it made me and my sisters laugh countless times.

What are you waiting for? Jump right in!

Got this game on Tuesday after seeing a stream of it and finding it really fun to watch. Got the game and I'm having some amazing fun. This game really wasn't advertised for the amazingly bizarre experience it is and I'm laughing throughout a good part of the game. I'm not a big life sim fan, but I've fallen in love with this game.

Also, this is my island currently!

Row 1: Jack&Jill, Bug faced girl, cartoon character I made up when I was little, lobster mii, myself, Hank Hill, guy with a small face, a penguin
Row 2: Sakurai, Walrus, Shrek, Pop it don't drop it, Upside Down Face Girl, Butt-faced man, a Seal, Kirby
Row 3: Billy Mays, Gothorita, The Ugly One, Popo, Abe Lincoln, Carl, Nonon, Nurse Joy
Row 4: Lakitu

Okay, so on one hand, this game strikes me as another Animal Crossing/Sims/Minecraft time sink sort of game that you'll just lose hours of meaninglessness into (as much as I do love Minecraft), and I have enough leisure activities taking up my time as it is (uncountable other games to complete, D&D sessions to play/run, social activities to organise, etc). On the other hand, this looks like one of the most genuinely entertaining things the gaming industry has had in a long time. Do I buy or do I not buy?

I'd say buy it. It's pretty much sims except with Miis, and it's funnier (and more kid friendly, but who cares about that?) Also, I'll post my island so far later.

I just got this game and I've been having a lot of fun. I like making Miis of characters from obscure games and adding them in. It's just really funny to me seeing David Lander from Light Crusader hanging out with Crazy Barks or Nick Kang. =P

By the way, it'd be nice to get people's opinions on the controversy surrounding the game's lack of gay options. In a way it's encouragingly progressive that not having gay options is now the controversial decision when just a few years ago Mass Effect 3 got tons of backlash for putting them in.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Fox News = Tons of Backlash now? Bioware just wants people to think their games are hated because they have homosexual relationships, and not because they are talentless sellouts.

I don't actually have the game yet, but how much play time do you think you guys are gonna get out of this game? To me it seems like a lot of fun for 5 hours or so, but you're quickly gonna run out of shit to do, which I'd rather not have out of a $35 game. Am I just underestimating how much content this game has (especially since I'm basing it mainly on the commercials and small demos Nintendo and other players have put on YouTube)?

I don't actually have the game yet, but how much play time do you think you guys are gonna get out of this game? To me it seems like a lot of fun for 5 hours or so, but you're quickly gonna run out of shit to do, which I'd rather not have out of a $35 game. Am I just underestimating how much content this game has (especially since I'm basing it mainly on the commercials and small demos Nintendo and other players have put on YouTube)?
I can see this being one of those games I play nonstop for a week or two, then stop for a little while. I might then pick it up again a few months later. And for people like that, I hear that unlike games like Animal Crossing, this game doesn't pester you for not playing in a while. Don't quote me on that, though

If content and play time is what's stopping you from picking it up then it may be better to wait for a price drop or renting it. I think it's definitely worth trying for it's novelty (and to support niche games like this), but you're probably not going to pour hundreds of hours into it.

Having not played it either, I feel like it might be the opposite sort of game: you might pick it up once in a while but probably won't drain all the content from it in a couple of weeks by playing several hours a day. It looks to me like the sort of game you play to kill time when you have it rather than one you put aside time to play or work into your daily schedule, but hey, I've never actually played it, so...

Alright, so I've been taking a ton of pictures JUST for this thread. I simply need to show off some of the highlights my island has encountered.

First off, here are my islanders. Some of them are from really obscure sources so I will be listing them all.
HNI_0068.JPG

First row: Sir David (Light Crusader), Nick Kang (True Crime), Horace (Secret of Evermore), Myself, Tara (Dragon Warrior), Connie (Coin Crypt), Steve (Minecraft)
Second Row: Marcus Reed (True Crime), Flaaffy (Pokemon), Crazy Barks (Drawn to Life), Jenna (Golden Sun), Soma Cruz (Castlevania), Green Archer (Gauntlet), Maka (Soul Eater)
Third Row: Sniffles (Happy Tree Friends), Bowser Jr. (Mario), Anna (Tekken), Northwemko (Yu-Gi-Oh)

HNI_0045.JPG
Green Archer chasing an ice cream cone...
HNI_0064.JPG
Sniffles debuts a new shampoo
HNI_0069.JPG
This is my place and my time!
HNI_0050.JPG
Sir David and Jenna in a fight. Notice the R.O.B.
HNI_0065.JPG
He then turned into a superhero
HNI_0039.JPG
uh oh...
HNI_0054.JPG
You know what, I really haven't!
HNI_0037.JPG
Trust me Soma, you really don't.
HNI_0061.JPG
Our first beautiful couple, Sir David and Connie
HNI_0042.JPG
Jenny asking Flaaffy out on a date (Brownies are one of his favorite snacks)

That's it for now, I might post more later!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)