Top Five Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think maybe one person knows what i am going to put.

RHCP
radiohead
foo fighters
broken social scene
the strokes

Right now i would say

Radiohead
Placebo
Smashing Pumpkins
Doors
Elbow/Audioslave

but it's going to change tomorrow

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
This is tough. The list is:

Built to Spill
Hum
Minus the Bear
Cursive
The Appleseed Cast

BTS was #1 for years but I think it's been edged out recently by TAC. If we went by most important band, Hum is #1 because they were my gateway band to everything I now listen to.

The problem is like Big Bayou said: it's hard to rank music. These are the 5 names I've been spouting as my Top 5 for a half a decade, but I'm completely ignoring stuff I've fallen in love with recently (like God Is An Astronaut, to mention just one).

Can someone explain to me why Animal Collective is appearing on so many lists? I looked them up just now and was so thoroughly bored and unimpressed by their sound. Is there something about their music I just don't get?

Can someone explain to me why Animal Collective is appearing on so many lists? I looked them up just now and was so thoroughly bored and unimpressed by their sound. Is there something about their music I just don't get?
eh, i've never been that impressed with them either.

does it have to be bands or can it be solo artists as well?? (since people already have mentioned them I guess I will too)

in no particular order:
Aesop Rock
Crystal Castles
Arcade Fire
Wu-tang Clan
Subtle

In no order: System of a Down, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Metallica. I'm not much of an explorer into indie music, I guess.

we have a lot of these threads

anyways, Streetlight Manifesto, Big D and the Kids Table, Sonata Arctica, Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish/Nightwish. I really can't drop either of the last two. Streetlight definitely takes top band, but after that it depends what I'm in the mood for.

Hyra can we be friends? I find myself in nothing but approval of your taste, especially Big D who I have seen live 3 times and gotten drunk with once.

Hyra can we be friends? I find myself in nothing but approval of your taste, especially Big D who I have seen live 3 times and gotten drunk with once.
I wish more ska bands came to Florida. Only Streetlight, LTJ, and RBF frequent here. You are lucky to live relatively close to Mustard Plug, Big D, and the Planet Smashers (plus get all of the bands from down here to go up there too).

And yes, ska based friendships are great.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
What... the... fuck...

1. Beatles
2. Disturbed
3. Metallica
4. Nirvana/Green Day (really not sure here)
5. The Charlie Daniels Band (yeehaw im a country guy... sorta)

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
1. Pink Floyd

2-5 change a lot, but right now probably Nirvana, A Day To Remember (not really their new stuff, i liked them much more when no one else listened to them), Megadeth, Lamb Of God. I listen to all sorts of music though, really depends what i want to listen to.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wow danyul nice list!!!!

~1~ Modest Mouse

2-5 in no order:
~The Dismemberment Plan
~Broken Social Scene
~Against Me!
~Radiohead

pink floyd
rush
king crimson
yes
kansas

screw variety, here's to some 70s prog rock gods. cant say this is 100% accurate but im quite fond of them and the vague genre in general

Hyra, I live in western canada. Big D and SLM are from boston and pensylvania respectively. I really don't live near anyone, most bands drop out for warped up here (which appears won't even happen). Most bands don't bother to come up here, the last good one was Dragonforce like 3 months ago.

Arctic blast, big d came to Edmonton when I was living there and it was at a small venue. They went into the basement where the drinking was happening, since it was an all ages but the bar was underground there. I made a right ass of myself telling them that the beatles was a shitty inspiration and that nobody remembers nada surf.

I've also met reel big fish's aaron barrett once and was on stage with Zebrahead about 7 years ago. Ahhhhhh I've met alot of bands, like the matches when they were noobies.

1. billy bragg
2. the gaslight anthem
3. the unicorns
4. daughters
5. the books

edit: ugh why the fuck is this only top 5, i am leaving out like a million bands who i wanna put there and if i ever meet them i feel like they will know that they arent on my top 5 itt and then theyll be so unhappy with me

ha just five because it's a solid number. I could list great bands for a while. But whatevs just post another top five.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
in no particular order

- thursday
- thrice
- reuben
- murder by death
- hundred reasons

im quite disappointed that my top 5 bands are all of a similar genre but i could truly listen to them forever and not get bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)